PDA

View Full Version : describe tr6 in one word

chris21
2nd Sep 2003, 10:32
what were your experiences with new game tomb raider 6?
if you could describe tomb raider 6 angel of darkness in one word what would it be?

ie

buggy
unoriginal
cool
best....etc

marty
2nd Sep 2003, 11:24
Dissapointing!

therose
2nd Sep 2003, 12:01
GREAT

Lord Pomposity
2nd Sep 2003, 12:46
pathetic

cairo
2nd Sep 2003, 12:47
unfinished

lara-addict
2nd Sep 2003, 15:22
trainwreck

D3v1L80Y
2nd Sep 2003, 17:28
If I had to choose one word to best describe AOD it would be

mediocre

The game wasn't a complete disaster (though extremely close) and it wasn't a complete success. Most of the puzzles were way too easy. On the other hand two of the bossess; Boaz and the Red Ghost, as shown by the countless and endless posts for help show (if you are reading this, please please PLEASE use the SEARCH (http://forums.eidosgames.com/search.php?) feature in this forum before you go ahead and post yet ANOTHER thread on either of those two...you WILL find your answer but you actually have to do some work on your end and LOOK for it) were undeniably infuriating and difficult. At least til you got the hang of it. The game did have major improvements on the graphics end, they are stunning at times. Yet the gameplay is really lacking and somewhat boring in some places. Overall the game did not live up to the hype that surrounded it making it a plain old mediocre game

thanhkim
3rd Sep 2003, 00:41
Hairy

BkBaby999
3rd Sep 2003, 01:51
buggy

Mgardiner
3rd Sep 2003, 03:42
alpha (lol)

arwen59
3rd Sep 2003, 08:45
Good

Thorin Oakenshield
3rd Sep 2003, 15:29
Annoying:mad:

Mike Hawthorne
3rd Sep 2003, 15:59
Disapointing.

Finiz
3rd Sep 2003, 16:02
In Dutch, I would say 'verdienstelijk'. But I don't know the english word for that....

knightgames
3rd Sep 2003, 18:32
Dino needs his nose a tweaked! ;) :p :cool:

Glucolisis
3rd Sep 2003, 19:12
demo

TombRaider7913
3rd Sep 2003, 20:46
Finiz, does 'verdienstelijk' mean 'deserving' in English?

Hmm... one word to describe AOD... probably mysterious.

I think mysterious because when you first play the game you're like it's alright... an unfinished feel to it, even tho there will be two more to continue the trilogy. Second time playing it I was it's not so bad actually... hey! I didn't see that there last time! Or... hey I never found that strength upgrade... and so on.

So mysterious for me because I usually find something new everytime I play it. It's a great game and I can't wait for the next two.

Megan

felixthamuss
3rd Sep 2003, 21:29
Originally posted by TombRaider7913
mysterious.

I think mysterious because when you first play the game you're like it's alright... an unfinished feel to it, even tho there will be two more to continue the trilogy. Second time playing it I was it's not so bad actually... hey! I didn't see that there last time! Or... hey I never found that strength upgrade... and so on.

So mysterious for me because I usually find something new everytime I play it. It's a great game and I can't wait for the next two.

Megan

Yep - me too

RebeL_fARmeR
4th Sep 2003, 09:53
BACON... No, hold on, that's not right!

In a word: SATISFACTORY

Helsyd
4th Sep 2003, 10:41
Fantastic!

Heléna

Breff
4th Sep 2003, 18:24
stressful!:rolleyes:

Jay
4th Sep 2003, 23:14
Different.

Gertjan
4th Sep 2003, 23:29
I like Tomb Raider 6 :D because i am a big fan

but i have one complain an that is in the level Louvre Galleries
you must find the office of carvier but for the door of the office you will need a code and i have looking evrywhere and was thinking ''i forget something'' but after long time i found it trough the security cam and you must zoom in and there was it ,it was written o a memo (stupid) made me crazy.

Lone Raider
6th Sep 2003, 00:43
achgottachgottachgott :D

Lady in red
6th Sep 2003, 17:30
unoriginal

found somehow trick and stuff from another games like American MCgee's alice; Splinter Cell; and some stuff from Matrix movie....

but i think the game is good; i'm not dissapointed or somethink:D

fastclick
13th Sep 2003, 22:48
AMAZING

WesternWhiteWolf
13th Sep 2003, 23:43
Hmm...very hard. I'd have to say this:

Facsinating. :cool:

Plot's pretty interesting, and if Core was given more time I think it would have been even better. Yeah, the controls weren't great, but the story and the graphics were spectacular. :)

lyra
15th Sep 2003, 14:59
WICKED

i loved the game...yeah some levels such as brother obscura and the parisian ghetto are boring and suck a lot the game overall is totally awesome. and no matter what people say core did a good job and deserve credit for that. i mean PC gamer rated it at 42% wich is soo untrue. i mean it deserves like 77% or in the least 68%.

Jewell
15th Sep 2003, 20:30
:Dmagnifique:D

Tomb_Raiding_AOD
15th Sep 2003, 20:40
One word, let me think...Brill.

Netslider
15th Sep 2003, 20:48
How can I put these words into one single word?:
Great but could be better.

I found the game great, but due to some lack of moves from previous games and the analog control system and some stupid intelligence and short play time too, I think the game could be better. Also, the puzzles were just too easy, all solved at first try with no problem, as if they were made for people who are action game turned(shoot>walk>shoot>walk a bit>shoot>the door is closed, pull the lever on its side>pass through door>shoot. You get the idea don't you?). Core could put more work into the game, and I don't think Christal Dinamics will do better. For what I played in Blood Omen 2, the puzzles are too repetitive, unimaginative, too easy, and the gameplay in general is also too repetitive, I didn't like it.

Neo
16th Sep 2003, 11:36
poor

Notts Raider
17th Sep 2003, 01:17
Dissapointing

angeleyes
18th Sep 2003, 21:27
well..about the game.. i like it very much, because it's diferent..
the new look of Lara is cool..i didn't like the way the game was saved because we cannot see the cutscenes, that in my opinion they are great, special the cutscene in Galleries under siege level!! and i think that the entry of Kurtis have put the game with more suspence!!!

Lady in red
19th Sep 2003, 10:32
Originally posted by angeleyes
i don't like the way the game was saved because we cannot see the cutscenes, that in my opinion they are great, special the cutscene in Galleries under siege level!! and i think that the entry of Kurtis have put the game with more suspence!!!

yeah this cutscene rocks!!! it was long; almoust like a movie; and with emotions!!! i so liked it; it was the sexiest scene i ever saw in TR

Panoulis
20th Sep 2003, 10:42
Mmmm... Traod in one word... Let me think...:confused:
Aha!!!

DIVINE

Aquarius
20th Sep 2003, 20:27
Controversial ;)

Bl@ck_Thorne
21st Sep 2003, 01:54
magnificent game

MR_BASKETBALL_MAN
21st Sep 2003, 02:16
SUPERCALAFRAGALISTICEXPEALADOSCHES !!!!!!!

long word huh.