PDA

View Full Version : Game lock up problems

ambc2000
2nd Sep 2003, 10:14
Can anyone tell me if they are having a simmilar problem and if they have managed to fix it.

I have installed the game fine and it runs until just past the intro questions to determine your character, the game proper launches but then locks up completley and I can't even ctrl alt del to escape!! Help! I've been looking forward to this game for ages and it won't work!

I have a P4 2.0 Ghz with 768mb ram and an ATI 9600 Pro running XP Home.

Thanks!

PS I have contacted Eidos UK support 4-5 days ago but no reply yet (Republic isn't even on their UK support pages!).

Jumpin_Jebus
2nd Sep 2003, 18:18
COuld you post your DirectX Diagnostic info? Click Start> Run> type in DXDIAG, and hit OK. Click Save All Information, and then open the notepad file it saved (Called Dxdiag.txt). Copy and paste it into your reply here. I'll do what I can.

ambc2000
2nd Sep 2003, 21:04
Sorry not happy putting that kind of info on the web. Do you have an email address I can send it to?

Mike_B
3rd Sep 2003, 12:22
Originally posted by ambc2000
Sorry not happy putting that kind of info on the web. Do you have an email address I can send it to?

Lol does it contain secret information :D

DAlvizu
4th Sep 2003, 03:54
I've been having my own troubles and crashes. I have a geforce4 ti4200 - the 'recommended' video card, which crashed immediately upon loading. I tried installing just about every nvidia driver released for it before I finally got the game to load (on outdated 08/07/2002 drivers).

Anyways, after that I had a similar error -- it would crash on the "Entering _______" screen after getting loading 95%... to the same error I got before. After about five boots messing around with different stuff, I unchecked the box "is this your first time playing?" And it finally loaded.

Of course, I have no idea how the heck to play the game, and it still crashes in-game for some odd reason, but at least you get to see the game.

I also have 768mb ram, by the way. I'm gonna try to take out a 256mb stick and see if it'll work.

I e-mailed support today, I wonder if I'll hear back from them. Do you get any errors when you crash? I get a nice

"DdHelp has caused an error in <unknown>.
Ddhelp will now close."

message.

1.4 ghz
768 ram
64mb geforce4ti4200
mouse & keyboard
windows me

hrmm... I seem to meet all the requirements? Oh well.

ambc2000
4th Sep 2003, 09:58
Hi,

Thanks for your post. I don't get any error message. The system freezes completely when the main game loads.

I might try gong back to ancient drivers, but that seems quite drastic thing to have to do. Hopefully a fix or patch will be availiable soon. Sooner rather than later I hope, I'll have to consider returning the game soon or I'll forefit my right to return it to the retailer. I'll have to purchase it again when a patch is available, what a fuss!:rolleyes:

Mike_B
4th Sep 2003, 14:24
Originally posted by DAlvizu
Of course, I have no idea how the heck to play the game, and it still crashes in-game for some odd reason, but at least you get to see the game..

Read the manual :) Really if you check the box there's not much info, just some screens which contain some information but you get to see those aswell when you need that info.

btw have you tried the 44.03 drivers? That's what I'm running the game with.