PDA

View Full Version : No Crystarium Challenge - Support and Tips

Bhalditar
13th Jun 2012, 22:39
While this isn't exactly a new thing by Final Fantasy standards, many players have opted to replay their favorite Final Fantasy games -- forgoing the main levelling system to give themselves an added challenge. With Final Fantasy XIII, you can complete the game without using the game's Crystarium through resourceful use of items, equipment, paradigms, and encounter management.

Before I started Final Fantasy XIII-2, I worked my way up to and beat Odin -- and now I'm picking up from where I left off.

It seems like the general strategy for success is to level up HP-raising bangles as well as use highly efficient Paradigm combinations tailored to each encounter and executing them effectively.

Anyone else attempted this kind of challenge (or other challenges of this type) for Final Fantasy XIII?

Feel free to discuss here. :)

cky182dude
14th Jun 2012, 00:50
That sounds incredibly tough. To be honest, while I've beat every final fantasy up to 12. I just recently got FFXIII and I've only put about 9 hours of gameplay in it so far. Give me a month or so and I'll see if I can do it. I know I'm kinda late on beating it, but with Dissidia, KH, and a few other great titles I've kept busy. Not to mention I'm a working man lol.

member_10803141
14th Jun 2012, 10:34
I've done replays like this with FFVI, FFVII and FF:4HoL and it does add a bit of spice to the whole thing, but goodness is it ever hard. I can't imagine doing this with 13 :P buttttt maybe with the right guide I would consider it ;) I gotta put down the 13 games for now though, I've played so much of both in the last 6 months hahaha

YoshiKatYoko
18th Jun 2012, 01:26
I didn't do this challenge at all - but I can picture it very hard. Try that NCU on Aster Protoflorian boss. And, you need to have a lot of Patience, since a NCU is approximately very long on hard bosses.