PDA

View Full Version : Check out this new piece of Defiance info!

Preacher
31st Aug 2003, 12:51
From XBox Gamer:

Game: Legacy of Kain: Defiance | Out: Q2 2004

BLOOD BROTHERS
Bad vampires join forces to kick ass, and maybe drink some gore.

After battling each other across multi-dimensional time-space continuums, Raziel and Kain are soon to face their most challenging task yet... the loving warmth of friendship. Like a necrotic Bert and Ernie, the new quest will have them joining forces to defeat an evil far greater than both of them - a nasty piece of work called the Hylden, who eat babies for breakfast. Our heroes will play separate chapters of the game but can keep in contact via telekinesis. We're told that the combat system has been totally revamped, and that the world of Nosgoth will be absolutely teeming with bad guys to hack apart. Sounds better than the Hammer House of Horror.

Awesome!

Matt from Spam Buddies
31st Aug 2003, 13:24
Originally posted by Preacher
Awesome!

You said it. :)

I wonder, is it the Whisper or simply TK...

- Matthew

Jubei
31st Aug 2003, 14:32
Maybe Kain is in the future and is blocked somehow in the future and whispers/contacts Raz in the past saying (if its even possible)

"I am trapped in this accursed stronghold, and my prey has eluded me ,be a kind soul :p and destroy this obstruction of mine in your time ,Now you fool";)
or vice versa even

Edit: added spoiler tag as its a bit of a quote from the demo in London

Vampmaster
31st Aug 2003, 14:52
Unless they're going to produce sound by telekinetically vibrating the air particals (like I beleive is how Raz can speak without a jaw), then they probably meant telepathy.

PeopleAreFood
31st Aug 2003, 15:25
what is with this Q2 2004 crap?
has the game been pushed back?
is that only for the XBOX?
I have a PS2 and if it's only for the XBOX i don't care.

~yours in blood~:confused:

Vampmaster
31st Aug 2003, 15:37
Maybe that's the UK release date. Preacher, without giving away too much, what where the puzzles like? (I was releived when you said there were some.) I hope they wern't to easy. Was there plenty moving objects (such as the mirrors and the blood basins in SR2) around and use of the Reaver in the puzzles?

Preacher
31st Aug 2003, 18:18
I mentioned it in my report, but one of the puzzles I saw was in some underground ice caverns. You have to hold R2 and aim your telekinesis blast at these huge rocks sticking out of the water, when you shoot the crack in the middle, the top part falls in to the water and you have a platform you can jump on to. You repeat the process until you cross the water to your goal.

Another one was an artifact you had to collect, Kain runs underneath an archway to collect an artifact (it was a cutscene), then he quickly jumps back and a door slams down in front of him (it would have trapped him inside). Then you just had to kill a bunch of Sarafan guys who ambushed you until you can get to the artifact.

It was just varied like that, from the ones I saw they were fun but didn't require too much thinking (which IMO is a good thing because SR2 got frustrating sometimes).

And oh yeah, I wouldn't be too worried about the release date. Since there's been no official announcement and this is an XBox port for a European release date, it's nothing to get too concerned over.

punkst4r
1st Sep 2003, 04:50
That's great but what was that about eating babies?.....im kinda confused wasn't that the unspoken who did that?...not the hylden.Can some one explain? did i miss something?:confused:

Wumpy Puppy
1st Sep 2003, 13:12
Originally posted by punkst4r
That's great but what was that about eating babies?.....im kinda confused wasn't that the unspoken who did that?...not the hylden.Can some one explain? did i miss something?:confused:

I assume they were just making a joke...nothing more.

blincoln
1st Sep 2003, 17:52
The communication part is a mistake. The article's author is confusing telekinesis with telepathy.

§ycavier
1st Sep 2003, 20:20
Eating babies for breakfast. Hahaha! thats good

the hylden certainly do look the part.

Dark God Francisco
2nd Sep 2003, 00:39
Thank you preacher much appreciated.

One_Winged_Angel
2nd Sep 2003, 20:48
The Hylden?,

I hope that is just an early part of the story, as I'm hopin' the real enemy is something a touch more powerful than the Hylden.

KainSyndrome101
2nd Sep 2003, 21:02
The Hylden are pawns, just like the vampires and humans, and Kain and Raziel. The "ones who are pulling the strings" (time/history as an entity, I think) are the true enemies. The Hylden just used the paradox that Kain created at the end of SR2 to their advantage. They too must know that their futures are on preordained paths. Maybe they took a peek in the Chronoplast too.

Matt from Spam Buddies
3rd Sep 2003, 17:15
Originally posted by One_Winged_Angel
The Hylden?,

I hope that is just an early part of the story, as I'm hopin' the real enemy is something a touch more powerful than the Hylden.

I wouldn't worry. :)

You're right, but as we all know, the LOK series have always found a way to surprise us. ;)

- Matthew