PDA

View Full Version : About C3 demmo

pitbullKiller
30th Aug 2003, 20:56
My opinion is commandos 2 men of courage is the best game in commandos series.Commandos 3 disapoint my for 3 reasons:
1.sound & music
2.controls(totally change C2)
3.interface is ugly and more complicated
I play commandos 2 by 357 times,this is my reasons for this words,i like commandos series verry much but now is finish.
I continued play commandos 2.
What is your opinion after play this demmo?
Sorry for my english:)

Thorup
30th Aug 2003, 22:58
I do not agree. the graphics and the zooming are much better. also it is cool that you can use the mouse for almost everything.

you must remember that this is only a demo, I also agree with you on the music and sound, but this will probably be fixed in the real game.

controlls I also hope will change. but I know they will because you can't click on everything all the time.

Thorup:mad:

sean1007
31st Aug 2003, 00:00
you must remember that this is only a demo, " you say

Well, demos are never too far from the real game, and so I am not so sure that you will see much difference..
When is the game going to be released, I wonder....
As far as graphics are concern , of course a game has to look good. But gameplay is still the MOST important in my book
A game like splinter cell looks amazing but the gameplay is weak, compere to thief, for example.
Everything is pointed out to you. No decision nor thinking is required of you...
It's really like PC games for dummies.
I liked the two first commandos because you HAD to think. And at times it was hard to get throught a particular spot ,but very rewarding. By the way, I think that all commandos, even the first ones, had amazing graphics....
I want a game that's challenging to play . The point made about shooting is true.. How stupid ...
Sean

pitbullKiller
31st Aug 2003, 03:18
Sean is right,gameplay is verry important in game,but in C3 is mising,y'm not play a game because"can use the mouse for almost everything"you say(Thorup),and demo no diferent by real game and eidos y'm sure not changing controlls when game has be released.Of course,this is my opinion,but y realy,realy sorry for C3,y expected more for this game,but dissapoint my and my frends.
sorry for my english
:)

ahho
31st Aug 2003, 03:45
the hotkeys has changed and is it really bad
i thought the great improvement for mcommando to c2 was the hotkeys and graphics and game play is still good, but in c3 the controls has changed which is very ahrd to use, and the person said that you can use your mouse to do anything in the game, i suggest you to go back to commando and have a good look at it

Mike_B
1st Sep 2003, 10:37
Originally posted by pitbullKiller
My opinion is commandos 2 men of courage is the best game in commandos series.Commandos 3 disapoint my for 3 reasons:
1.sound & music
2.controls(totally change C2)
3.interface is ugly and more complicated

I like the music so far, from what I've heard of it, the controls are indeed annoying I want hotkeys! The zooming and turning function is imo one of the best improvements although I find it annoying that when you enter a room it's zoomed in so that the models look ugly. Then again it's a demo which is for developpers a good way to know what the people think about the game and what needs to be changed. Though I haven't made up my mind completely about the game/demo since I haven't been able to play it full-screen which is a totaly different experience than playing it in windowed mode.

Grigann
1st Sep 2003, 11:28
I must say that it is the first time of my life that a demo made me cancel a pre-order game :/ And worst of it, it's a Commandos game :/ I was a huge fan of the serie, finished the previous episodes 2 or 3 times each, but the demo bored me. A lot.

First, like all of you, I found the new controls and the lack of shortcuts very disturbing. Why have they change a pretty good and solid working interface ? Then I was quite disappointed to see no real visual enhancements (as a matter of fact, I found the Mens of Courage levels more beautiful than the demo levels :/). But the worst thing about this demo is the total dumbness of the gameplay. The objective : "Kill all the evil nazi soldiers". The method : Walk, kill (or stab or stun), walk, kill, machine-gun the patrols, repeat. Where is the "real" goal ? Where is the "puzzle-like" gameplay ? If all the levels look like this one (and I bet there are, given the new "action" focusing gameplay approach they claim to have taken), there's no way I'm gonna buy this game.

Really, now Commandos looks like a 2nd WW hack'n'slash :/, and It will take a whole lot of really good reviews to change my mind.

Originally posted by @m
Then again it's a demo which is for developpers a good way to know what the people think about the game and what needs to be changed.
I'm not really sure of it. I mean, how many games have really changed from the users feedback on a demo ? That's what beta testing is for. A demo is just a part of the marketing machine, whose sole purpose is to make us want to buy the game. Due to all the negative opinions here, maybe Pyro is gonna tweak the game a little, add the missing shortcuts and so on, but the game is finished, basically. My only hope is that the Train level is an especially bad one in Commandos 3 :/

P.S : Try the Call of Duty. It rocks ! Really :)

Mike_B
1st Sep 2003, 11:40
Where is the "real" goal ? Where is the "puzzle-like" gameplay ?

They probably changed the original objective for the demo. Because the train part is just a part of a bigger mission.

Grigann
1st Sep 2003, 11:50
That would be nice :) Also I believed that the Train level was a timed mission, so it is possible that maybe the level has been heavily modified.
Maybe there is still hope :)

Grigann
1st Sep 2003, 13:40
That would make sense :)
Another question : why do they chose such an awful piece of Commandos 3 gameplay for the demo if it does not represent very well the "real" game experience ? I mean, most of all their fanbase are now suspicious and undecided (at best)...

Cloudicus
1st Sep 2003, 15:18
I believe the demo is good stuff; I've played it twice through, and I'm not disappointed. This is a strategy game, not a run-and-gun shooter, you have to rely upon skill and cunning; not how fast you can pull your gun to shoot your enemy to death. The basis (I believe) of the game, is that you will rarely ever have to draw a gun, as your greatest assets are that of surprise. Getting behind your enemy to knock him unconscious, or slice his throat.

I might be the only one here, but whenever I play a game, I turn the music off; I don't need a moodsetter for a game. What's the point of even having music? It detracts from the gritty atmosphere of covert operations. I think Commandos' success comes from gamers like me who enjoy the challenge presented by being greatly outnumbered -- and winning. Sure, it's a demo, things are certain to change (I was so glad when I read into Commandos3 and learned that they scrapped the "Driver").

The demo mission gave about 2 hours of gameplay (yeah, it took me a little bit to adjust to the new controls; but I find them to be easier than the old controls). By way of "hotkeys" they're still present, you just don't have a hotkey for every single piece of equipment in your inventory (which is way unrealistic). Instead, you can quick-draw your current weapon (hold the control key).

I don't know about anyone else; but I found the demo to be challenging, fun, and I believe the game will be very addictive (especially the co-operative multiplayer aspect). I will be buying my copy when it hits store shelves. Speaking of which, does anyone know the date it ships?

Grigann
1st Sep 2003, 15:26
Originally posted by Cloudicus
Speaking of which, does anyone know the date it ships?

According to ToTheGame (http://www.tothegame.com/game.asp?ID=1237), September 23rd in the US, and September 26th in the UK.

David
1st Sep 2003, 22:53
even though demo is made for promotional purposes, it is better to have train then stalingrad or d-day! for obvious reasons...they are real candies of game and it is better experiance them not in demo version.

ragsy
1st Sep 2003, 23:18
Originally posted by Cloudicus
I don't know about anyone else; but I found the demo to be challenging, fun, and I believe the game will be very addictive (especially the co-operative multiplayer aspect). I will be buying my copy when it hits store shelves. Speaking of which, does anyone know the date it ships?

I agree, I will be purchasing the game the day it is released.

Having just spent $660 au upgrading my computer why wouldn't i :D