PDA

View Full Version : First CONFIRMED lines in Defiance! ***SPOILERS***

Preacher
30th Aug 2003, 18:38
You guys better be grateful for this! I looked like a right idiot with my ear pressed up against the monitor! These are 99% confirmed by the way, I scribbled these down on a little pad right after I heard them.

Kain comes across a sealed door.

Kain: Moebius, the timestreamer. My prey was nearly in my grasp.

So I'm guessing Moebius was on the other side of that door and that is definitely the Sarafan stronghold we start out in. Also, I guess Kain's first priority isn't finding Raziel after all...

Kain comes across a statue of Malak.

Kain: Malak, the great Sarafan warrior. His sword and shield seem to have gone astray. (This was puzzle related, I gather later you had to bring them back).

Those two lines I'm sure of, but this next one I'm kind of iffy of, Kain comes across a sealed door and looks at the Blood Reaver.

Kain: The Reaver resinated at the dark magic blocking the door... (there was something else after this, but then loud music from the main stage pumped in).

Anyway, expect an update on my report. Although there was no Raziel demo, this looks like the first level of Defiance rather than small portions where you get to try out Raziel or Kain. I also completed it, but once you get to the end there are just these dummies which you get to try out the fighting engine on (You might want to take note of that blinc). Enjoy. =)

Matt from Spam Buddies
30th Aug 2003, 18:42
Thanks for sharing, mate. :)

- Matthew

Jubei
30th Aug 2003, 18:58
yup cheers m8 cant wait to play pity i cant get to London:(
but with people like you the pain is lessened
thanx again J

warpsavant
30th Aug 2003, 20:17
Originally posted by Preacher
You guys better be grateful for this! I looked like a right idiot with my ear pressed up against the monitor! These are 99% confirmed by the way, I scribbled these down on a little pad right after I heard them.

LOL, people probably thought you were crazy.

Umah Bloodomen
31st Aug 2003, 02:03
Originally posted by Preacher.
Kain: Moebius, the timestreamer. My prey... my prey... nearly in my grasp, nearly in my grasp...

So does Kain have a Gollum-complex now or something? :p

Thanks for sharing, Preacher.

Matt from Spam Buddies
31st Aug 2003, 06:19
Kain: "Moebius, the timestreamer... My prey... my prey... nearly in my grasp... nearly in my grasp... oh, cool... cool... echo... echo..."

- Matthew

Preacher
31st Aug 2003, 08:24
I thought it was odd, but still cool in a poetic kind of way when I heard it, but apparently the demo was skipping! Thanks for passing on the word, blinc. =)

LOKFan
31st Aug 2003, 08:38
Darn! That loud music may have cut us off from one of the greatest lines in LOK History!