PDA

View Full Version : the dx2 monsters

agent008
28th Aug 2003, 15:24
i know most of you saw the screenshots of the monster being shot at with a rifle.

well i would only shoot monsters depening on their size with a shot gun

i will have more fun destroying robots than organic experiments i hope that if dx 3 is in the making that they remove those monsters:rolleyes:

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
29th Aug 2003, 08:49
hmmm destroying animals, or sentient organisme can be or should be another ethical choice. Destroying a robot isn't, since it's only a machine.I prefer they keep monsters

DarkForge
29th Aug 2003, 10:57
Originally posted by Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
hmmm destroying animals, or sentient organisme can be or should be another ethical choice. Destroying a robot isn't, since it's only a machine.I prefer they keep monsters

I can see your point - since they are living creatures, it may present an ethical conflict whether or not to end their lives. But I'm not sure I agree. If they're "monsters" as agent008 puts it, and therefore clearly oppose you, would you really worry about taking them out?

Did you have time to worry about your ethics when a hoard of Greaseals swarmed at you?

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
29th Aug 2003, 12:48
do you punish the dog that bites you or the man that forced the dog to bite you?

monsters been animals, they have littele choice or free will.

I didn't kill one monster last time I finished DX1 : always managed to sneak past them.

I'm not a hunter, I'm not a killer, even for animals. If I can find another way, why not use it?

Catman
29th Aug 2003, 12:55
Too bad tranq darts were always lethal to the critters.

On the other hand, I had no problem with rat deaths. I was surprised, however, to learn that Deus Ex rats can breath under water ...

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
29th Aug 2003, 14:04
about animals, I was always surprised by something :

in the first mission, I usually go around the island by following the left wall. There is a place with a large space in the hole (in the back ground, just in front of you when you arrive from the boat platform)

here I turn to the left, still following the wall, and if I'm fast enough, and doesn't miss the move, I can be back in the shadows before the guard reacts (I usually get a "Who was there, I didn't see a uniform", then I wait in the corner for "I guess It was nothing"). but a olittle further, there are some pigeons, and when I walk through them, they fly with lot's of noises, and it doesn't even alert the guards!

shouldn't they have moved? or is it just because they were to far away? I tried moving normal speed, they started shooting at me. so I guess not