PDA

View Full Version : C3 Problems - Need Help

WeinerMan
28th Aug 2003, 01:32
yes, saw this in the Demo is out thread but felt no one would read it once they knew the demo was out, so...

.INICIAR_EN_FULL_SCREEN 0
had to set this

If you're still seeing a black screen but hear music do the following:
then put the color depth to 16 bits instead of 24/32 bits or whatever your running

did this too (actually it should say set it to High Color (16 bit)

so i got the demo to run but in the reduced window. i'm obviously not the only one having this problem (cuz someone figured out how to "fix" it) so do you think pyro is aware of it and may put out a patch for the demo? or do you think i'm out of luck because i don't have a world class video card (32MB DDR Geforce2 GTS). i mean, i can't buy the full game and run it in half a window so i'd like to first make sure the demo runs on my system. C2 runs fine.

any suggestions, advice, pity would be appreciated...

ragsy
28th Aug 2003, 05:36
not sure what to advise WM mine runs OK on default although my commandos and enemy soliders outside appear black unless i press F5 and then i can see details in red

somtimes they become Fluro Green as well freaky huh

Anyways after tomorrow I will have finished building my new PC so all hopefully will be well in my world

Xcom
28th Aug 2003, 07:10
Mine runs flawlessly. *knock* *knock* *knock*
Really dunno what to suggest at this stage but try the usual routine: drivers update, dx9. (I myself am running 43.45). Also disabling sound hardware acceleration does wonders sometimes.

Mike_B
28th Aug 2003, 07:31
Originally posted by Xcom
Mine runs flawlessly. *knock* *knock* *knock*
Really dunno what to suggest at this stage but try the usual routine: drivers update, dx9. (I myself am running 43.45). Also disabling sound hardware acceleration does wonders sometimes.

Doesn't work tried all that. Tried the 30.82 drivers, 45.23, 44.03, tried disabling hardware acceleration, installed DX 9b and all :(

WeinerMan
28th Aug 2003, 15:16
has anyone determined what setting INICIAR_EN_FULL_SCREEN from 1 to 0 means or indicates? is it a resource issue? a video card issue? a DX issue? i can't play the demo without changing this setting to 0 and setting the display to High Color (16 bit). i'm wandering if having to do these things to make the game run indicates something "wrong" with my PC or a bug in the demo. any ideas? i'm gonna be one p-issed off guy if i can't play this game on my system :D - and as i've said, C2 plays fine...

Mike_B
28th Aug 2003, 15:22
Originally posted by WeinerMan
has anyone determined what setting INICIAR_EN_FULL_SCREEN from 1 to 0 means or indicates? is it a resource issue? a video card issue? a DX issue?

Well if you set it to 0 you'll play in windowed mode instead of full screen. I think it's a problem with older video cards.

WeinerMan
28th Aug 2003, 15:35
is a 32MB DDR Geforce2 GTS "considered" old? it's an older card but it's still a good card. and i'm on DX 9.

anyone out there with an "older" card able to play full screen or is everyone without a 9800 or FX 5200 screwed!?

Mike_B
28th Aug 2003, 15:41
Originally posted by WeinerMan
is a 32MB DDR Geforce2 GTS "considered" old? it's an older card but it's still a good card. and i'm on DX 9.

Well I have a Geforce 2 Ti 64 Mb and I'm also unable to run the game fullscreen so I think that's the problem. Hope it will be fixed soon.

WeinerMan
28th Aug 2003, 15:50
thanks, and that's what i'm getting at. do those who know more than me think this is a game issue or a PC issue? you saying you hope it's fixed suggests you think it's a problem with the game and not your system. does pyro communicate with anyone on this forum? (mods? Redlegg? if he/she is still around) wondering if we could somehow get word from the developers about this...

Mike_B
29th Aug 2003, 07:51
I'm pretty sure that's a game issue, since I've never had problems running never games with that card. As far as I know there are no developpers here, but they can be lurking here.