PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Beginner's Thread

angeleyez808
16th Jun 2013, 23:11
New to the world? Then feel free to share your thoughts and ask your questions here in this thread.

Play Guide (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/)

Edited by Grimoire
---

I just started playing FFXIV and got to level 7, and thus far no complaints... I love this game. Is there a way to have the npc's talk instead of reading everythign they say? If there is can someone tell me how to make that optional, if not I do wish the game would allow to hear the npc's talk instead of reading what they say. Other than that no complaints here. Graphics is awesome. I will be getting the game myself when it comes out. Another option that I do like is the sprint your character has in game. Not having to walk slow every where is great.

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 23:29
Yea I have to stand three feet from my 30' plasma tv just to read.

Paladin_Locke
16th Jun 2013, 23:30
While I can't say for sure, the way I understand it is that the voice acting isn't implemented into the beta yet. I'm led to believe they will have it in, I just don't know how much content will be voice acted or when it will be in. I have seen videos with voice acting though. So it has to be coming sooner or later.

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 23:35
While I can't say for sure, the way I understand it is that the voice acting isn't implemented into the beta yet. I'm led to believe they will have it in, I just don't know how much content will be voice acted or when it will be in. I have seen videos with voice acting though. So it has to be coming sooner or later.

What there's voice acting?!, I thought it was just old school.

Paladin_Locke
16th Jun 2013, 23:46
Yeah, there is supposed to be. In betas they tend to leave out some of this fluff so they can focus on the core problems. You may see it in phase 4 but I'm sure it'll at least be there by launch. Truthfully, I don't care though. I played SWTOR for awhile and all that voice acting started to grate my nerves after awhile because of having to hear some tentacle head repeat the same lines over and over because someone in the group doesn't want to use the skip feature and making me want to rant about anything and everything like tacos mating with orange juice on a cold winters night right after the blue moons won the series againt the rat legs and their smelly cheese nachos and about 13 beers. *sigh* ok.. rant ending.

Point being, if it's done well and I don't have to hear the same lines 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times. I'll be good with it.

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 23:48
But in this you only have to listen to dialog once, unless it makes you listen when you're in a group?

x3Noctis
16th Jun 2013, 23:52
Yeah I don't think they implemented voice acting yet. I mean even your own character's voice are japanese. So I say they're probably looking for more voice actors.

Paladin_Locke
16th Jun 2013, 23:53
But in this you only have to listen to dialog once, unless it makes you listen when you're in a group?

That was the problem in SWTOR. Most group missions/raids made you play through the story every single time. So you were forced to hear it EVERY SINGLE TIME. I had to step down from my duties as a guild leader because I couldn't take people through those missions anymore. I know it's probably a silly complaint to most people, but dammit if it wasn't annoying.

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 23:54
Wait my character can talk?, I thought they went for the silent protagonest.

demyxx
16th Jun 2013, 23:56
Any VA's should be released in Official.

pheonixblack
16th Jun 2013, 23:58

I might not buy it, I might get a PS4 at christmas and ESO comes out next year.

HF.f1Aw
17th Jun 2013, 00:00
i could never really get into elder scrolls. Skyrim was just pretty damn boring to me. had to walk 12 hours just to fight something that fell with a couple shouts and some punches to the face lol. im not hatin on it just couldnt get into it.

pheonixblack
17th Jun 2013, 00:04
i could never really get into elder scrolls. Skyrim was just pretty damn boring to me. had to walk 12 hours just to fight something that fell with a couple shouts and some punches to the face lol. im not hatin on it just couldnt get into it.

I restarted Skyrim 15 times until I got into it, but to be fair I have an illness that does not work well with RPGs./tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

HF.f1Aw
17th Jun 2013, 00:08
well i just got tired of walking for 12 ****ing hours just to set a skeleton on fire

Paladin_Locke
17th Jun 2013, 00:08

You might be shooting yourself in the pooper there. I've been hearing some pretty negative things about ESO. I won't say much other than what I read from others online. People saying it has some notoriously bad quests and the combat system is sub-par at best. It's like everything you love about Skyrim minus everything you love about Skyrim. But hey! It is still in Tamriel I think!

x3Noctis
17th Jun 2013, 00:11

Voice is one of the character creation features. From low to high I believe.

pheonixblack
17th Jun 2013, 00:12

You might be shooting yourself in the pooper there. I've been hearing some pretty negative things about ESO. I won't say much other than what I read from others online. People saying it has some notoriously bad quests and the combat system is sub-par at best. It's like everything you love about Skyrim minus everything you love about Skyrim. But hey! It is still in Tamriel I think!

The quest and story in Skyrim sucked and your actions had no consequences, Skyrim sucked for the most part, and I usually don't listen to reveiws :p, people hate Dynasty Warriors but I absolutely love the games, for example.

Paladin_Locke
17th Jun 2013, 00:14

Oh THAT voice thing. Your characters voice in FFXIV is only there for combat grunts and emotes. They don't actually do any straightforward speaking. If they did, they would have to add a lot more dialog into the game since there is none for your character.

pheonixblack

I thought those were just grunts....like in Dragon's Dogma

demyxx
well i just got tired of walking for 12 ****ing hours just to set a skeleton on fire

Lmfao! It's late. I'm high off milk and I'm sleepy. Lot's of these comments are just making my night. x'DDDD!

pheonixblack
17th Jun 2013, 00:20

Lmfao! It's late. I'm high off milk and I'm sleepy. Lot's of these comments are just making my night. x'DDDD!

I'm allergic to dairy./tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-sealed.gif

Paladin_Locke
17th Jun 2013, 00:20
The quest and story in Skyrim sucked and your actions had no consequences, Skyrim sucked for the most part, and I usually don't listen to reveiws :p, people hate Dynasty Warriors but I absolutely love the games, for example.

Normally I would agree with you. It's just that MMOs all have the same basic formula to them. Quest -> turn in -> level up -> get gear.. etc..

What counts is how intuitive the developers can make that formula. Guild Wars 2 ditched the whole questing aspect and you level through world events or exploration and combat. I found it very boring. Not enough meat with my garnish. SWTOR followed along with the MMO standard and counted on the Star Wars appeal and some story dialog to make their game unique. It also got boring really quickly.

So if ESO isn't doing something that the population isn't absolutely excited for, where would you think it'll end up in the MMO spectrum? That said, you don't need to base your opinion on what others think, but you'd do well to take it under advisement before making that decision.

pheonixblack
17th Jun 2013, 00:29

Normally I would agree with you. It's just that MMOs all have the same basic formula to them. Quest -> turn in -> level up -> get gear.. etc..

What counts is how intuitive the developers can make that formula. Guild Wars 2 ditched the whole questing aspect and you level through world events or exploration and combat. I found it very boring. Not enough meat with my garnish. SWTOR followed along with the MMO standard and counted on the Star Wars appeal and some story dialog to make their game unique. It also got boring really quickly.

So if ESO isn't doing something that the population isn't absolutely excited for, where would you think it'll end up in the MMO spectrum? That said, you don't need to base your opinion on what others think, but you'd do well to take it under advisement before making that decision.

I really just wanna play it because I already know the world of Tamriel, in FFXIV I have to learn I these knew words that I don't care to much about, and by the way this beta is my first ever time playing an MMO so my standards arent very high, but if what you mean is that because ESO isnt "special" that it will go free to play really fast then yes I'll consider that, but I know for sure I'll get Dayz, even though I'm zombied out and hate Walking Dead, but it seems to have unique gameplay that interests me.

Paladin_Locke
17th Jun 2013, 00:39

I really just wanna play it because I already know the world of Tamriel, in FFXIV I have to learn I these knew words that I don't care to much about, and by the way this beta is my first ever time playing an MMO so my standards arent very high, but if what you mean is that because ESO isnt "special" that it will go free to play really fast then yes I'll consider that, but I know for sure I'll get Dayz, even though I'm zombied out and hate Walking Dead, but it seems to have unique gameplay that interests me.

I'm not suggesting that ESO will go f2p, only that I don't think it is going to hold a high populations attention for very long. Might be fun for a quick play through of the story or something. I just have a feeling that it'll end up like SWTOR and get a massive influx of people at launch, then die out over the course of 6 months. FFXIV on the other hand is a full world with more and more to do. Not just another mindless drone game where you pick a character, level them through the story and quests, max them out and have to do it ALL over again to play a new class. That repetative crap gets really old really fast. That's one reason I love FFXIV. I don't need new characters to play new things. Really cuts down on that repetative gameplay.

pheonixblack
17th Jun 2013, 00:46

I'm not suggesting that ESO will go f2p, only that I don't think it is going to hold a high populations attention for very long. Might be fun for a quick play through of the story or something. I just have a feeling that it'll end up like SWTOR and get a massive influx of people at launch, then die out over the course of 6 months. FFXIV on the other hand is a full world with more and more to do. Not just another mindless drone game where you pick a character, level them through the story and quests, max them out and have to do it ALL over again to play a new class. That repetative crap gets really old really fast. That's one reason I love FFXIV. I don't need new characters to play new things. Really cuts down on that repetative gameplay.

Oh didn't know FFXIV was the only MMO that you can change class and play endless quests.

jaychance
20th Jun 2013, 01:31
I'm a new player and as such do not know alot but i am learn but it does get boring playing alone i would like to party up some ppl my psn id is Jaychance shoot me a msg if you do and tell me you are from here also i do have skype to help with coordination and the such hope i can play with you guys

demyxx
20th Jun 2013, 09:04
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29969795/Attention:_all_ps3_players)

Go here and look in the Google Docs.

Most of us are on Behemoth so you can see if you can us or other peoples there.

justaplaya013
28th Jun 2013, 04:43
Just curious about this got my beta code for ps3 yesterday and wondering exactly thing's such as two hand swords or dual wield never really found out about it also is there any guild's of sorts in the game if so please do tell thanks.

justaplaya013
28th Jun 2013, 05:33
As i said new guy here just started curious on the armor types and weapons such as if ever dual wield or two hand swords. also about anything of the sort if guild's if it has those sorry didn't do much info searching be a pleasure if you could say something thanks.

Kiritos
19th Aug 2013, 16:48
Evening Gentlemen and Ladies,

First of all I wanted to say hello to everyone since ill be one of the new players - I have played W.o.W for the past 6 years and have raided in some top guilds but now is a time for a change of pace and many hours of grinding in the FF world. I have bought the Collector's edition to rock the Mog hat and have little pets, but I made this post to ask a few questions as well.

1st - I'm jealous of those beta players - props to you guys :) any suggestions for the new players regarding classes and jobs?
2nd - It is my understanding that the 24th is the open early date and we will be sent an email at that time to begin playing after using our code?
3rd - I was reading through the forms and came across this link : "Here is the client/downloader link.
http://sqex.to/FFXIVGame " Can anyone confirm this would be what well be playing on or if this is simply the beta? Reason I ask if that is the correct link and install is because its under maintence and didn't know if it was going to have a separate install on go live.

Looking forward to meeting you all and maybe a few of us can play in game - hours on end. Take care all and thanks in advance for the information!

Kiritos

TinSparrow
22nd Aug 2013, 10:28
Just like the title says, Im completely new to the FF MMO's. Im not new to MMO's, Ive played the AAA titles and others like Tera and Warhammer.

Im looking on what would be a good starting Classes that is beginner friendly and what Job would be a good stepping stone without being toooooo easy to the point its mindless.

I enjoy Support roles, I love the aspect of working in the back throwing buffs and debuffs, heals or absorbs if the game has those. I dont have a hard time multitasking and would actually prefer a more harder learning curve as I tend to get bored if my role has little to do in a group. Melee or Casting is fine, I enjoy a Tanking role but prefer to wait until I have a grasp on the games mechanics.

Any Dos and Donts would be great as well, as in what crafting to stay away from till later in the game.

Anything is helpful. Thanks!

alexandrogomez
22nd Aug 2013, 11:13
i always mage it up. love magic launching. your lucky to be mmo devirginized by this game. its epic!!! go black mage! thaumaturge!!!

Ravittsu
22nd Aug 2013, 11:16
Just like the title says, Im completely new to the FF MMO's. Im not new to MMO's, Ive played the AAA titles and others like Tera and Warhammer.

Im looking on what would be a good starting Classes that is beginner friendly and what Job would be a good stepping stone without being toooooo easy to the point its mindless.

I enjoy Support roles, I love the aspect of working in the back throwing buffs and debuffs, heals or absorbs if the game has those. I dont have a hard time multitasking and would actually prefer a more harder learning curve as I tend to get bored if my role has little to do in a group. Melee or Casting is fine, I enjoy a Tanking role but prefer to wait until I have a grasp on the games mechanics.

Any Dos and Donts would be great as well, as in what crafting to stay away from till later in the game.

Anything is helpful. Thanks!

it honestly really depends on your playstyle. ive had experience with open beta and all i can say is that 1day of plying ff arr u'll pretty much know what to do how to play ect.

best thing in ffxiv is u can change ur class. well thats what i like about it...
HELL i like everything about it :L

alexandrogomez
22nd Aug 2013, 11:33
yes you can be all jobs and classes and stuff! ALL OF THEM, just change weapons.

HEC007
22nd Aug 2013, 11:54
I personally would recommend to pick up class which starts at Gridania as it's IMHO easier place to navigate for newcommers to game comparing to Limsa Lominsa or even Uldah. If you want to be in the magic group then Conjurer starts there (that's what I've picked in both Beta 3 as well as Beta 4 / Early access / Live as my first character / primary class). Arcanist starts in Limsa Lominsa and it's pretty sweet and most of all quite independent having the pet available very early in the game. And finaly - THM starts at Uldah.

Frankly - doesn't matter much really due to the fact that once you've complete your main guild LVL 10 quest you're free to join all other guilds as well and changing the class is as simple as equipping another main weapon. Just keep in mind that various guilds are placed in various starting cities and you'll be unable to travel to other cities until about LVL 15 - 17 so try to choose the city with the guilds / classes that most appeal to you. You can easilly reach needed level though in 2 to 3 days of cuasal playing (not hardcore 23,5 hours per day one ;) )

alexandrogomez
22nd Aug 2013, 12:42
this is why i love this ffxiv. you can level without giving your life away. i remember fighting crabs at the beach forever in ffxi for 1 possibly 2 levels. its great that i can play 2-4 hours and still get something out of it and progress.

I personally would recommend to pick up class which starts at Gridania as it's IMHO easier place to navigate for newcommers to game comparing to Limsa Lominsa or even Uldah. If you want to be in the magic group then Conjurer starts there (that's what I've picked in both Beta 3 as well as Beta 4 / Early access / Live as my first character / primary class). Arcanist starts in Limsa Lominsa and it's pretty sweet and most of all quite independent having the pet available very early in the game. And finaly - THM starts at Uldah.

Frankly - doesn't matter much really due to the fact that once you've complete your main guild LVL 10 quest you're free to join all other guilds as well and changing the class is as simple as equipping another main weapon. Just keep in mind that various guilds are placed in various starting cities and you'll be unable to travel to other cities until about LVL 15 - 17 so try to choose the city with the guilds / classes that most appeal to you. You can easilly reach needed level though in 2 to 3 days of cuasal playing (not hardcore 23,5 hours per day one ;) )

TinSparrow
22nd Aug 2013, 17:08

That's really good to know, as in some games the town design can be absolutely horrid. I remember playing Aion and getting completely frustrated at not being able to find key points in a city / town and getting upset and taking a break for a bit due to it and needing to look it up online.

I had no idea you could change classes just by the weapon.

HEC007
22nd Aug 2013, 17:18
The design of all 3 start cities is very good, it's only that both Limsa Lominsa as well as Uldah are "multilevel" with stairs, passes and bridges going up and down and might be a bit confusing at start before you get acustomised to the map / minimap functionality while Gridania is pretty much "flat" / more 2 dimensional (apart of the airship landing) in design so it's less chance of getting lost there at the start. Buit it's in no way means that you'd be unable to start in Limsa Lominsa or Uldah instead indeed.

And - yes - being able to switch classes freely on the same character is one of the most attractive features of ARR.

MooseQuest
22nd Aug 2013, 17:23
If you are new to the game, introduce yourself to others as this in game. You are almost guaranteed to find someone willing to help you. Once you get that head start, you can pretty much quest your way through levels. I would also suggest making friends with some of the JP players (Japanese). They can be very friendly and willing to help you too.

After you get leveled up, and understand some of the story and background, you might be curious to interact with some of the other players. This is a great opportunity to find others that socially meld with you or if they are doing the same quest.

You can always solo, but I'd use the social aspect of the game as a great starter. Welcome to FFXIV! Look me up on the Balmung Server if you like. My name is Moose Quest.

tonyf3939
27th Aug 2013, 13:49
ok it shows i have the pre order bonuses but where in game do i find them? can someone be specific and help please? im lost on thise

Hippy_Pickle
27th Aug 2013, 13:52
You should get them delivered by moogle mail, everyone on the early access got them delivered yesterday, they were waiting for me when I logged in. Top right corner of HUD will show you have mail so just go to the moogle (envelope icon on map) to receive your gear :D

tonyf3939
27th Aug 2013, 13:53
thanks. here is it in first area?

Hippy_Pickle
27th Aug 2013, 13:55
thanks. here is it in first area?

Which town did you start in? There's a moogle in most areas, just go into the map full screen and look for the envelope icon

tonyf3939
27th Aug 2013, 13:56
im just at adventurers guild so far

tonyf3939
27th Aug 2013, 13:57
ok ty so much. people in game are not helpful

Hippy_Pickle
27th Aug 2013, 14:02

What server you on? I'm on Odin (EU) and not had nothing but good things to say about the community, everyone is very willing to help out.

So is that Ul'Dah you've started in? If so then it's right outside the guild.

If you're struggling then look here http://www.ffxivguild.com/maps/ as this has full maps of all 3 cities. Just find the mail icon.

Clay51
27th Aug 2013, 14:08

Not sure what's going on in your server, but as the other guy said, people on my sever are also VERY helpful. I've been on the Coeurl Server since beta P4, and everyone was offering help to questions asked.

Hippy_Pickle
27th Aug 2013, 14:12
If you are typing in the message box but you only 'say' it then people may not hear you, you generally have to 'shout' so everyone in the area gets the message in their windows. Clicking the speech bubble next to the entry window will let you change the option to shout.

FinalFantasy912
27th Aug 2013, 22:15
Just started playing would love to get with some people to get started let me know if anyone is interested

FinalFantasy912
27th Aug 2013, 22:17
from PS3 btw

lailadawn
30th Aug 2013, 17:18
Hello. I'm brand new to this game and am looking for help from the FFXIV community. I am trying to get into the crafting system but when I equip my gathering tool my gear un-equips. I tried getting "field gear" for gathering, same thing. I'm sure I'm not meant to go out chopping trees in my undies, so what am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any help. :)

Kiritos
30th Aug 2013, 19:55
when you switch weapons this is when you switch roles: example - glad equips a shield and weapon, turns into a fisherman spec when equipping a fishing pole. Each of these gathering / crafting / jobs have their own exp bar and lvls.

Rancyz
30th Aug 2013, 21:25
Switching weapons allows you switch classes. Each set of armor can only be worn by certain classes. So when you equip a different weapon you change classes, and therefore you can''t wear the armor you were wearing before.

You can equip an all class armor and you won't have to worry about your armor being unequipped if that's what you were looking for.

Stinskles
31st Aug 2013, 01:05
Hi there everyone, I'm new to Square Enix and this whole business and have a few questions I'm hoping anyone here can answer.
A friend of mine has been playing FFXIV: A Realm Reborn on her PC for quite awhile and sent me the funds to purchase it on the PS3. After buying it and downloading it (for ten odd hours) I was hoping my troubles were over.

Far from it.

Upon trying to play the game, I was told I needed a registration code, which I wasn't even e-mailed in the first place. After trying to deal with that mess in alternative ways, I finally contacted PSN support who said they contacted Square Enix and that my code would be sent to me soon. It's been about two days. Does anyone know if PSN contacting Square Enix to send the code is reliable, and any time estimation of when I should receive my code?

That's one part, the next is the error message I get trying to log onto the FFXIV site. I enter my Square Enix login as it asks, and every time I do so am told to register some service account or some such? And when I tried to go through the process to do this, I was sent to the Mogstation and asked for a registration code again. Are these the same codes? When should I expect my code, and is my code even going to get to me?

I really don't want to think my friend wasted 50 dollars on me for this not to work. Any help would really be appreciated.

Stinskles
3rd Sep 2013, 08:15
Has been about five days since requesting a registration code, still nothing, and about four days since sending an email to Square Enix support. Is it better to just wait it out?

GeckoGeorge
22nd Sep 2013, 04:01
Hi, :wave:

I'm George, I live in Australia and I just purchased the game.

I don't know why I posted this, but I wanted to pull up a chair and stay awhile.:D

I also like Geckos...:wave:

firespark77
22nd Sep 2013, 10:35
From one aussie to another it's nice to meet ya george :)

Hippy_Pickle2
23rd Sep 2013, 08:40
Welcome to the forums, if you need any help about anything in-game, like quests, items, classes etc then please just ask and the community will do its best to help out :)

Littleblakey
9th Oct 2013, 19:00
Hi, i'm new to the game and looking for people to play with me :)
I'm currently in the world of Lich.

Hippy_Pickle2
10th Oct 2013, 09:35
Hi there,

Unfortunatly I'm on the Odin server myself but if you're looking to make friends or join a Free Company then you could always take a look over at the official FFXIV forums 'The Lodestone' as they have sub-forums for each server. You could also check out the xivnation website as they have a great community forum for individual severs there and also up to date news and guides :)

There is a good community here also but nothing as specific as looking for people on specific servers.

suavester
24th Nov 2013, 00:43
Just started, I'm level 10, so any advice would be appreciated.

1) Push enter to type in the chat instead of clicking the chat bar.
2) There's an icon to the left of the chat bar, should say general, or tell, or say, you can change it to party if you're in a party so you don't have to keep typing in /p every time. lol.
3) I wish their were popups on the map when I put my mouse over certain icons. Does anyone have a map of say "Old gridania" with a legend saying what different things are, these red circles?

4) I got stuck pretty badly, so if any of you choose a lancer, you'll get to a point where you need to select the leggings instead of boots for a quest reward. I needed lvl5 of each item for gear, and all I had left was leggings, the nearest vendor only had lvl 10+, and than I ran out of quests... so I started doing my hunting log and had to go far to finish these (tree stumps~), finally reached lvl 10 and can turn in this quest.

5) Fates are not so much a problem, but the bosses I try to kill, I don't stand a chance. Maybe I'll have better luck going after bosses that are 4-5 levels below me, cause even one 2 levels below me is impossible to kill.
Big boss fates, is the experience/gil rewarded based on dmg? whoever does the first hit?

6) bbl with more.
lvl 10 lancer

TheRealKraggy
25th Nov 2013, 11:05
1) All keystrokes are configurable in the Configuration, the default key to open chat is '/' you may be able to change it to Enter, but I can think of reasons why you may not be able to.

2) To me it's easier to prefix with /p rather than clicking something, you do know you can switch modes simply by entering '/p' (or whatever) without any text so that the default is now that channel?

3) Red circles are shown when you select the Map option in a quest log entry, the red area is where you'll find the mobs or other location you need; most quests that require you to go to a specific location will show that specifically, a few quests though are more vague. There are no tooltips on the map sadly to indicate what the icons mean.

4) I have never experienced this, every time I've need to progress the level 5 quest the local vendor had level 5 gear, are you sure you looked at all of it, IIRC those vendors sell level 5 and level 8+ gear (depending on type of gear).

5) Your reward from a FATE, as a DPS is how much damage you do, there is no need to 'claim' the mob by getting in the first hit, the killing blow or any other special action.

Hope this helps.

suavester
27th Nov 2013, 08:50
Thanks RK for the reply.

Started finding gear with materia slots in them. Is it worth spending 400-700gil on these materia from the market board? As a lancer, I should only go for strength, or what other stats?

Best way to gain exp atm would be through duty dungeons, guildleve, fate, class quests + all quests, hunters log? I guess that's it there.
Best way to travel... the aether crystals have limited travel, chocobo ranches - are they connected?

I've got 11,000 gil saved up, have barely spent. What is worth spending on?

Thanks,
S

TheRealKraggy
27th Nov 2013, 09:30
I haven't leveled Lancer, it's not a class that appeals to me, but I expect STR is what you need for that DPS class.

As for materia, in general I see no reason to buy materia to meld, even less reason to have to pay someone to do it. If you have a class that can do it and Convert your own then any minor buff is of course helpful, but I see no reason to spend precious gil on this stuff till way later, and even then I don't think the content is hard enough to need very small increments on stats until you get to the level 50 content.

Gaining XP is easy on your first job, a PITA after.

Thing is this, on your first job you need to level the 'second class' to 15, which can be done simply questing in the region where that class' guild is; you don't have to but it's usually quicker and less travel is needed. You then level your main class to 30 to unlock a Job: there's no reason you can't do it the other way round, either way you'll be leveling your main class and then job on the Main Story content which will account for a lot of your XP.

Hit 30, unlock the job and carry on mixing Main Story, Hunting and side quests. I love Leves and do them a lot, I'm not much into FATEs due to the fact so many folks do them they spawn and are gone within a minute or so once the swarm of players reach them, it's s stupid game mechanic IMO to sit on a mount in town waiting, but maybe that's just me.

Right now, dungeons are a poor way to level, XP is lousy for the time it takes, SE have said they'll be boosting this in 2.1 to try to persuade folks to do them as an alternative to FATEs all the time.

Whatever, you'll get you first job to 50 doing that content BUT that will entirely use up the Main Story quests and a LOT of XP comes from those, which means if you plan to level a second job you're going to have to find other XP sources: but there aren't any you've not already used, and if you already burned out on FATEs your second (and later) jobs will get really tedious to level.

IMO therefore it's best to avoid side quests on your first run through, level them for a second class/job. You'll still run out somewhere around level 30 or a bit later but at least you'll have got that fare before having to spam FATEs. Leves are fine but you only get an allowance of 6 a day (max you can save up is 100) and if you intend to craft Leves are supposed to be by far the best way to level those and avoid large AH bills.

I have reached the conclusion that for me one-character-one-job is the only way I can have fun leveling, so I have one alt and will maybe have more.

Turning to travel, best way is on foot. :D Well, it's the cheapest. Hiring Chocobo Porters is next best, once you've opened them up, but they only go from the regional city to the regional camps, you can't go from one camp to another (with the exception of when there are two Choco Porters in the same zone).

Crystals are expensive, as you've found, ferries and flying are less costly now than they were. IMO the best plan is to set each main city as a Favourite as Teleports to Faves are cheaper (you can only have three though). Set your Home Point to the zone you're leveling in at any point in time to use Return to get back there.

IMO there is nothing worth spending gil on, AT ALL, when it comes to gear till you're at least level 30 (and that is debatable as well). Simply do the quests and Leves and dungeons and you'll get all the gear you need. If you already know what second class you need to level to get a job then you can pick gear up for that as you go, which means when you come to level it you can take the gil rewards having already got your gear progression sorted out.

Leveling my first job to 50 (WHM) I barely recall buying anything, a few bits of jewelry in the 30s due to drops/rewards not being frequent but I never ever felt the need to buy gear: at the very most the only item I would even think of buying is a weapon to keep my DPS up .. obviously tanks are more gear dependent but even so on my PLD alt I didn't need to augment my quest/leve/instance gear until the mid 30s when I had a few slots somewhat sub-par.

I have a level 50 PGL from my FFXIV V1.0 days, he too rarely bought anything other than weapons, which in V1 were less frequently dropped that now in V2.

Hope this helps. :)

suavester
27th Nov 2013, 22:45
Dragoon requirement: Level 30 lancer and level 15 marauder.

I'm 16 at the moment, I was going to go lancer to 30, than switch to marauder for the 15, than go dragoon. Won't I be level 45 than when I get dragoon? 30+15? Levels like that don't add up I bet.

Are there any disadvantages to going dragoon? or a specialized class (Bard/Monk/White Mage)?

Dungeons are a waste, check. These are duty dungeons you queue for that takes 5-15 minutes to get into (Guildhests). Atleast they'll fix it in 2.1. The gil count is alright, and exp is decent too it seems. As melee class that can only focus 1 target at a time, I wonder if I should be taking out the ads (smaller monsters), or going after the main boss in these dungeons. Make sure the tank maintains aggro though.

This levelling system I don't think I completely get... On the same character, is it possible to level a few different classes, say Lancer, Marauder, Conjurer, Arcanist, and than can you have multiple jobs like a Dragoon/White Mage? Can you also have multiple DotH (Disciples of the Hand/Land), such as goldsmith, blacksmith, alchemist, miner?
- Maybe all these classes start level 1, including jobs, and you can get as many as you like.

Play with friends, Is there a shortcut key to reply to their message? I keep having to go to social menu - right click - send tell, otherwise right click chat window and send tell.

Side quests aren't worth it, just work on the class quests, you'll notice the border of the quests has some sort of flames on it, identifying it as a class (Lancer) quest.

I'm going to start a class-specific thread, open to all classes. Encourage all to check it out. Good to maximize dps output, as a lancer, my dps rotation is:
True thrust > Vorpal thrust
Impulse drive if I can stay behind the target.
Leg sweep to stun them
keen flurry if I'm fighting tough monster, or when there's 2+ enemies at once.

btw, it definitely helps, thanks so much. It's always a great thing to learn, I like to be an effective killing machine, effective leveller. Thanks!

TheRealKraggy
28th Nov 2013, 08:21
As you suspect, class levels are independent, not additive, so your level 30 Lancer will still be at level 30 even if you level Marauder to 15. Just a note about Jobs in case you haven't noticed it, if you unlock DRG the XP you earn while playing DRG ALSO is applied to LNC and vice-versa, so a job and it's primary class are always at the same level.

Switching from a class to a job is usually a benefit, you get +10 to all stats and +20 to the key stat (in the case of DRG I expect it's STR) and you get access to some nice job skills.

However, there's a downside. When playing a CLASS you can get up to 10 cross-class skills (see the page in the Traits and Actions dialog, can't recall it's exact name) where you can pick skills from other classes you've leveled to use on the class you're currently playing and you can pick from all other classes (I think). However, when you're playing a JOB you only get a maximum of 5 cross-class skills and your selection is more limited.

It's a choice, on balance I think the Jobs are preferable but there are definitely cases where using a class is better.

A character can level all classes in all categories, War, Magic, Land and Hand, and can unlock all jobs.

You can reply to a /tell by simply entering "/r" before your reply, that sends your comments to the last person you got a /tell from. If you play with friends a lot you may want to look at creating a LINKSHELL so you can switch to LS chat ("/ls") and then just type away like other channels.

I'm happy to help. :) I don't claim expertise in most areas, I have a level 50 WHM which I have a good idea how to play and a level 37 PLD which is still a noob (myh level 50 PGL from Version 1 is retired), but I've played this game since the first closed beta of Version 1 in July 2010 so I have some idea of how the game works in general. :D

Hawatari
9th Dec 2013, 23:47
Hey :) my names Yuiko
Only just purchased my copy of FFXIV
any tips or advice? ^^'

Hippy_Pickle
10th Dec 2013, 11:59
Hey :) my names Yuiko
Only just purchased my copy of FFXIV
any tips or advice? ^^'

Play, learn, enjoy :D

xVarus
12th Dec 2013, 04:36
I figured there would be a 7-day trial or something, since most MMOs offer them... but I can't find one.

Am I blind or do they seriously not offer a trial to lure in players?

Thanks.

Hippy_Pickle
16th Dec 2013, 09:58
I figured there would be a 7-day trial or something, since most MMOs offer them... but I can't find one.

Am I blind or do they seriously not offer a trial to lure in players?

Thanks.

You get a 30 day trial when you buy it, you don't have to subscribe after that if you don't like it.

Sir-auron777
27th Jan 2014, 22:24
Just decided to download free trial of final fantasy xi. wanted to know if final fantasy a realm reborn is worth it. New to the online final fantasy gaming experience, but not new to mmorpg in general. I play a lot of swtor, used to play WoW, wasnt' really into Gw2. I just have a few questions for the forum to maybe win me over in my decision.

-is final fantasy realm reborn hard to get into?
-is the story line really good?
-why do you play?
-how is pvp?

I was really big into pvp on my swtor game. it's pretty much all I did from the time I logged in to the time I logged out and I really enjoyed it. Will the lack of real pvp action in ffxi (from what I've heard about it) make up when it comes to the story?
sorry if I posted in wrong area, but please let me know what you guys think about this game. :D

Hippy_Pickle
31st Jan 2014, 14:15
- FFXIV is really easy to get into and progress, it doesn't take too long to max out a class/job but then it's a grind to get the current best gear.
- IMO the story is pretty good, obviously the single player FF games are stronger in terms of story but this is pretty decent, it's just a shame all the main story quests weren't voice acted (only a few are).
- I play because it is fun (although can be frustrating too), I'm also in a free company with people that I enjoy socialising and raiding with.
- I've not done any previous MMO's so have no real experience in this type of PVP and after trying this, I didn't like it. But that's just my opinion, if you're a PVP type person then you may love it, although you have to do some serious grinding to get decent gear to compete with the players that have been doing it since the arena launched.

Personally at the minute I've started playing FFXI (only 12 year late lol) and I'm really enjoying that, totally different in a lot of ways to XIV but very rewarding to get things done in a pretty sparsely populated game.

TrudyMonk
2nd Feb 2014, 01:38
I have been playing for a week and it seems that im some tiny level compared to met players. Is there a FC & Mumble FC for people under lvl30?

gMemo92
2nd Feb 2014, 22:28
My grandpa just bought the game we really want to get to play it already it's for the PS3 but we are having some problems, and we really need some help because we have no clue how to get to work. I already registered a Square Enix account for him he has everything, but we are stuck in the Topic/Account/Manual menu downloading this huge download/update of almost 2000MB. Last night we downloaded an update of almost 4000MB !! It took all night. So i don't understand do we need several more downloads or what? How do we get to play the game? I don't see anything that says Start or you know to get into the world. Thanks for any help.

gMemo92
2nd Feb 2014, 22:33
Any help please?

Hippy_Pickle
3rd Feb 2014, 08:37
Hi Trudy,

It all depends what server you're on etc, you could always do a shout to see if there are any FC's or Linkshells for newer players. My FC on Odin welcome lower level players and try to actively help them progress to end game.

Hippy_Pickle
3rd Feb 2014, 08:54
There has been several smaller patches for the game and a huge update version since launch (game came out in August), you just have to wait until it has downloaded and installed everything. Once finished there will be a big green play button appear.

Dia
5th Feb 2014, 17:53
I have had the game for a while for my ps3 and just started it today, I adore it so far however I don't understand how to talk on it.....USB keyboard mayhaps?
At the moment I am building a pc so when it is done I may get realm reborn for it as well, I shall assume it is better considering video card upgrades and I rather mmos with a mouse and keyboard.

Hippy_Pickle
7th Feb 2014, 11:21
You can use any USB keyboard and mouse on the PS3. You can't have a PC style UI however but you can change the control settings and keybinds to control the game via these instead of the controller.

Other than that using the select button to select the chat window and then pressing X then Triangle will bring up the on-screen keyboard to type.

HappyKandyKorn
24th Mar 2014, 01:19
Today, I bought the disk version of A Realm Reborn. I spent.. probably hours trying to figure why I could not get on the game. My disk came with the registration code and the disk. My friend told me in the online guide it says the 12-digit promotion code is suppose to be in the manual.. I did not get a manual. (I bought the game brand new). Just trying to confirm if that is where the code is.. And, if for whatever reason, I go back to GameStop and refuse to give it to me, is there a way to buy a promotion code? I was very frustrated because this is my only day off work and it was wasted.. (by the time I figured this was the issue, i went back to GameStop and they were closed.)

I also think I may have messed up.. when I "signed up" and registered my game I did it via Facebook account because I thought you could just do it that way. Never recieved a confirmation email. (Checked spam as well)... Can this be fixed? I cannot re-register my game on a Square Enix account I created. Already tried.

Update: Went to GameStop; they said they do not carry manuals. Everyone else who bought the game, at that particular store, has not come back with this issue. So i'm guessing I was suppose to get an email of some sort? I have no recieved anything yet. Emailed Square Enix.. Still no reply.

Kadachi
24th Mar 2014, 20:15
Hello,

Not sure if this will help any but I found a few links that can maybe help you during the registration step by step so that if you get the chance to re-register then you can be assured you don't have any issues. (unless their guide is messed up) as for the "promotion code" I wasn't aware you needed a promo code to register the game unless it was during the beta, only the registration code is needed. but double check i could be wrong about that. The other link i provided seems to be the direct support center form for "Incorrectly Registered Service Account: Support Form". Again not sure if any of the links i provided are helpful, but I wanted to try and find support links just in case. Best of luck!

Step by Step Registering:
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/start_ffxiv/ps3/registering/

Incorrectly Registered Service Account: Support Form
https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1&daxx=2

Promotion Code Info:
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/start_ffxiv/ps3/install/

HappyKandyKorn
25th Mar 2014, 01:14
The promotion code is a 12-character alphanumeric code printed on the game manual enclosed in the package for FINAL FANTASY XIV. Please note that promotion codes cannot be reissued in the event they are lost or stolen.

I was not given a 12-digit code.. Went to GameStop, they never had manuals for the game. I never received any confirmation when I registered my game, it won't let me link with PSN and Customer Service isn't helping me. I tried all solutions/links my friends have sent me and nothing works. It's frustrating.. because I spent $43 on a game I can't play or even return. I told my friend i'd give this game a chance and its given me nothing but grief since I popped that disk in.

Hippy_Pickle
25th Mar 2014, 11:06
If this is physical PS3 copy of the game then inside the box should have been 2 slips, one of these is a Square-Enix members registration code (this is just to register the game against your account here and does not 'activate' the game) and the other should be a PSN voucher in the usual format of XXXX - XXXX - XXXX, this is the one you actually need to redeem on your console either via account management > redeem codes or via the PSN store. This code will start your 30 day free trial.

Cod_Hunter
3rd Apr 2014, 16:17
So I want to start playing A Realm Reborn on ps3 but a few things are preventing me from rushing out and buying it right now. First off is this game even still played with a large amount of players on ps3 or is its numbers really low? How much does it cost a month because I've not been able to find that online yet. And can you pay the monthly fee on the square enix site because trying to pay for stuff through the ps3 doesn't work with my debit card.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Hippy_Pickle
4th Apr 2014, 13:46
Hi Cod_Hunter,

There are people playing the PS3 version and was about a 70/30 split from PC users and PS3 users. You don't have to worry about low PS3 users because we all use the same servers. Obviously there will be a number of players moving over from PS3 to PS4 but again this won't affect the number of people playing as it's all the same servers.

As for the subscription it is £8.99/€12.99/$14.99 for 30 days of game time and all purchased copies come with 30 days. You can subscribe for 30, 90 & 180 days at a time with a slight discount per month for taking out longer subscriptions. All this is managed through the Square-Enix account management website 'The Mogstation' and you don't do anything on the PS3 in regards to your subscription (except for voucher redemption for first 30 days).

Hope this helps and see you online :D

JDGamesHard
6th Apr 2014, 02:27
Heads up to all, I am coming fresh into this game like a baby into the world.
I am having troubles now getting my game on my PS3 to sync with the account I created on the website here. Registered my game. And Never received a One-Time password. I cannot get onto the game at all, becoming highly frustrated. Any help is appreciated greatly!!

JD

realmreaver73
6th Apr 2014, 14:11
Just wanted to say I have been enjoying the game. I daresay more so than I thought I would after that fiasco with the horrid support where you MUST go to Chat support if you hope to get anything of a real answer.

I hope the pre order early access keys will appear shortly after phase 2 or prior to early access.
I still need to check out ESO but the game itself is great example of a once great franchise.

Stryzix
6th Apr 2014, 18:33
Im stuck on the quest "making a name" and its just me going to the lower level or something but when I click on him he just says I forgot something PLEASE HELP

Hippy_Pickle
7th Apr 2014, 07:42
Heads up to all, I am coming fresh into this game like a baby into the world.
I am having troubles now getting my game on my PS3 to sync with the account I created on the website here. Registered my game. And Never received a One-Time password. I cannot get onto the game at all, becoming highly frustrated. Any help is appreciated greatly!!
JD

Hi,
You don't need the One-Time password, this is only for people that have a security token, if you don't have one then leave it blank. Also the account you created on this website is not a Square-Enix ID account, you need to create an account here: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account

Sidekicko
29th May 2014, 01:18
I know it is up to me when it comes down to my character and I'm probably thinking to way much into this.
I also know race/class doesn't matter. But I was wondering if there was a noob / beginners guide for a character that could help me get through the game. Currently I have a LV.12 Sea Dog Marauder, I would like to know if there was a guide that could help me make sure I'm spending attribute points wisely.(I know which attributes. But which I should spend according to level etc.)

The example I'm looking for with an attribute guide would be like
"Spend points this time in STR" or "Spend points in VIT" etc. I'm sorry for my incompetence.

I'm usually not one for hand holding in games, but I really don't want to be a burden to any future groups I play with.

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Jun 2014, 08:34
hi Sidekicko,

To be honest the way the game has been designed means that putting all attribute points in a single stat gets the most out of a class. For tank classes gld/pld & mrd/war then putting it all in vitality is what people tend to do. This is because you need max health when doing dungeons/raids and your damage output doesn't need to be high. your job is to get aggro and survive.

For archer/bard putting points in DEX is the norm, lancer/dragoon & pugilist/monk are best in STR, ranged mages like arcanists, black mages, summoners are best having all points in INT. Then finally healers need all points in MND.

It's a shame there isn't any benefit of mixing up the points but the way the game is designed doing all in one is the most beneficial. You can reset your stats by the way by getting the Keepers Hymm from the Grand Company quartermaster, which costs 10,000 seals.

QueenAmethyst
30th Oct 2014, 21:15
Hello~ I decided to peak around the forums and ask you guys some things. I figure I might as well ask people who currently play the game. Ive played a lot of MMO's and I'm looking for that one to stick to.

Sooo I really wanted to buy this game with my boy friend BUT after playing some other games we got hyped up for, we were let down in some important aspects. PvP and PvE are both important to me. Crafting systems are important as well. I have quests about a lot of things. Like how does the gear system work in ARR? If I craft a piece of gear is it RnG based?(Mean will the stats be random?). What kind of pvp does the game offer? Does Crafting wanna make you rip your hair out? Is the game hard core or is it semi casual? Id love to know some feedback. hows the community? Is it well populated?
What keeps you all invested? c:

NugulusBiffs
17th Dec 2014, 20:00
Hey,
I'm planning on getting Final Fantasy XIV:ARR, I was wondering if y'all wanted to help a noob out, I've played the Beta way back in the day so i know about the general gameplay mechanics etc. Idk i think it would be good to find some new aqcuaintences to enjoy the game beginning to end with me :)
Just fyi i'm a 15 yr old guy from England (I dont have a squeaky voice don't worry xD) just in case anyone is put off by being a different age :P
Guys and girls welcome and preferably English speaking :D
Thanks

P.S. If you want to contact me dm me or email me at ashpolematthew@gmail.com
EDIT: I forgot to mention this is for the PS4 copy, thanks :P

HarryKeogh712
31st Dec 2014, 16:45
What does it mean to be someone's senpai and can anyone direct me to some site(s) I can read up on the subject?

Thanks in advance....

Harry

HarryKeogh712
3rd Jan 2015, 09:53
What does it mean to be someone's senpai and can anyone direct me to some site(s) I can read up on the subject?
The reason why I asked for more info was because someone asked me to be one for them. Apparently I have certain skills they were interested in, but I felt like an idiot for not even understanding what was being asked of me. Next time, I'd like to be better prepared -- not caught off guard. I just need to be pointed in the right direction so I can do my own research. I just don't know where to look. Searching the term "senpai" didn't help. The very few returns I did get were blog sites and while I understood what they were talking about, it didn't allow me to read topics of my own choosing. Surely there MUST be somewhere with information on the subject so I can do my own homework, yeah?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I prefer being prepared rather than feeling awkward....

Harry :scratch:

Grimoire
7th Jan 2015, 14:14
Senpai means senior or teacher. That's pretty much it - your friend asks you for guidance.

AdaroN7
9th Aug 2015, 21:28
Hello I finally decide to buy A realm reborn and the Heavensward expansion a few minutes ago, and i ran into a small problem as i thought buying the expansion I would be able to play as the new race Au Ra class or do I need to be a certain level/ or progress more into the game. This will be my first character. i bought the Steam version bundle. and not even a day threw the free trial.:scratch:

Grimoire
13th Aug 2015, 16:15
You will be able to create an Au Ra character right away, however in order to proceed into the Heavensward areas (Ishgard etc.) you'll first have to finish the level 1-50 storyline.

Psyth88
23rd Aug 2015, 20:14
I've decided to dedicate to FFXIV and here in a week I will be in-game with AAR CE and Havensward CE. Myself and a friend have been bouncing from MMO to MMO trying to find one suited to our liking. While I have spent the past few days browsing videos, tutorials, forum posts here and on Loadstone and anything else I can find; some questions are better left one on one with the people that have spent time in game so I can receive detailed and very opinionated responses.

So, to get started, my friend and I always roll Tank and Healer, with me being the latter. Now my question is given the multiple types of healers in game,

- Which Healer Class is most viable and in demand End-Game from your experience? (When you're waiting for a tank and healer to get into a dungeon que, which of the Healing Classes are the least seen and which ones are you hoping to join the party?)

- Which Healer Class is also a viable DPS and why?

- What are the ups and downs of each Healing Class for running solo content. (Is there one that excels at soloing)

- Given that I abhor face-roll MMOs, which Healing Class is the most difficult to play. (The more difficult the better)

- Different Healing Classes vs PVE / PVP. Which ones are you glad to fight against and which are a pain in the ass to take down?

- After spending an entire day reading QQ's about the Housing Changes, which server has abundant plots? (If any)

- For a NEW player, which server's economy is most forgiving in terms of Gil, Ques, Raids, etc., but still has a healthy player database?

- And finally, is there any helpful information that someone could give that is not readily accessible searching the internet? (Obscure information / tips and tricks)

Those taking the time to read and help a new player, I appreciate your responses and time, but please remember, I'm am not looking for the best cookie-cutter builds or way to do things. I can crunch numbers on my own time. I want honest opinions, positive or negative, on the aforementioned questions from experienced FFXIV members.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing some of you in game.

Bryght_Kane
4th Sep 2015, 01:00
I am seriously considering on becoming a new FF online player, I have so many questions that I want to ask.

* On the PC, Could this mmo be played in a window instead of a full screen?
* Is the computer mouse used by the players to control their characters?
*How many character avatars are players allowed to make on their account?
*What are Legacy Players and what does that mean?
*Could I download every part of Final Fantasy XIV from the internet? I mean the original parts, and A Realm Reborn, and Heavensward
*What are minions and what do they do, and be used for?
*Do eyeglasses exist in this mmo, and could my character avatar wear them?
*Which NA game server is for the players that want to play casually at their own pace?
*Is it possible for summoners to obtain the popular summons as Leviathan, Shiva, Bahamut, and Ramuh?
* Could the chocobo be both a mount and a summon?
*Is it possible for chocobos to fight your enemies with you?
*Do player usergroups exist, and could I join one of them?
*Is it possible to switch from one job-class to another in mid-game?
*Is it possible for me to collect most to all mounts, minions, and summons in the game?
*I love Final Fantasy fashion, So Is it possible to gain all the pretty in-game clothing? Even the outfits of all the characters from the older games? example = Tifa Lockheart
*Do festivals and seasonal events happen in this mmo?

Grimoire
7th Sep 2015, 13:29
1. Yes.
2. Along with your keyboard, yes.
3. Eight.
4. Legacy Player is the title given to gamers who paid for at least 90 cumulative days of subscription for the original version of FFXIV.
5. Only Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and Heavensward are available for download.
6. Minions are critters and toys that simply follow you around.
7. Yes, and yes.
8. Pick the server whose name you think might suit you the best. You can always switch servers at a later date.
9. Summoners can summon Ifrit, Titan, and Garuda in their Egi forms.
10. There is yet no Chocobo Primal. You can use several different chocobos as mounts and have your Grand Company chocobo fight alongside you.
11. Yes.
12. Yes, player usergroups such as Linkshells (for talking) and Free Companies (for teaming up with for raids and dungeons) exist.
13. Yes, you can switch freely between your various jobs and classes.
14. Some of the mounts and minions are limited (you will have to by CDs, special editions of the game, etc. in order to get them), but aside from that you will be able to collect most of them in-game.
15. Just like with the mounts and minions, some of these are available only to those who purchase special merchandise while others can be found in the game or by playing the game long enough. See Veteran Rewards (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/help/option_service/veteran_rewards/).
16. Yes.

Bryght_Kane
12th Sep 2015, 18:02
Does Square-Enix accept payments by debit cards?

How much does it cost to play FF XIV?

How and where do I pay up to start playing?

Grimoire
12th Sep 2015, 20:09
1. Visa, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, Discovery Card and Crysta are accepted.

2. Here is a list of the monthly fees (https://steamcommunity.com/app/39210/discussions/0/613956964590963581/?insideModal=1).

3. Once you have bought the game, payments are managed via Mog Station (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&request=mogstation).

Bryght_Kane
13th Sep 2015, 14:44
Which starting city most reflects wisdom, intelligence, and the element of Water?

Limsa Lominsa or Gridnia

Grimoire
13th Sep 2015, 16:51
Limsa Lominsa - the city-state of the arcanists, an island surrounded by the vast, blue sea.

Bryght_Kane
13th Sep 2015, 20:09
Okay, I want to get Final Fantasy XIV along with the ARR and Heavensward expansions, so I can start playing and to meet the other members. I was lurking around in your store a day or two ago, and I believe I caught a glimpse of the FF XIV Heavenward bundle. I seen the sae thing on the GameStop's site. Now, I cant seem to find in in Square-Enix shop today. Would ordering the bundle pack be the same as ordering the whole game?

Is Ventrilo compatible with FF XIV?

Grimoire
13th Sep 2015, 20:30
On what platform will you be playing the game? The following bundles contain ARR + HW.
PC Bundle (https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/282160/final-fantasy-xiv-online-pc)
PS3 Bundle (https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/282157/final-fantasy-xiv-online-ps3)
PS4 Bundle (https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/282154/final-fantasy-xiv-online-ps4)

For newcomers to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, this bundle is the most complete edition and includes both the award-winning FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn and FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward.

Yes, apparently people use it.

Bryght_Kane
13th Sep 2015, 21:27
Wow, I am sad because your site is not letting me buy the game. I tried to register an account with the store, but it's not working.

What has gone wrong?

and thanks for the PC link

Grimoire
14th Sep 2015, 14:51
Check directly with the store (https://store.na.square-enix.com/docs/email_support) - customer support should be able to shed some light on the matter.

bloodyspindle
7th Nov 2015, 09:00
As you probably guessed from the title of thread, I'm heavily considering getting into A Realm Reborn. However, I've got a few nagging questions that I've yet to find decent, satisfactory answers to. So, without further ado, here they are.

1. How's the console version?
To put it bluntly, my PC is old. It was purchased in 2005, and it wasn't top-of-the-line hardware even then. I read through the specs, and my computer would probably catch fire or something if I tried to run A Realm Reborn on it. However, I do own a PS4. So, what's the console version like? Is it a decent platform to play it on, or is it a case where playing it on anything but a PC is a massive waste of time?

2. What's the barrier to entry like?
I'm a fan of the "easy to learn, hard to master" (like World of Warcraft or something like that) school of design. What I'm not a fan of is the "informational brick wall" design (EVE Online, etc). Which design philosophy does this game tend to lean towards? I'm not at all opposed to learning huge amounts of information over a long period of time, but if the game demands I learn it all up front, I'll probably pass on the game. This is a make-or-break issue for me.

3. How enjoyable is this game if you don't have lots of friends playing it?
Obviously, every MMO is going to be better with friends. That's just a simple fact. However, I have perhaps one friend who'll be playing. Is this a situation where I shouldn't even bother, or are there decent ways of finding people in the game to work with?

4. If there's any grinding element, how severe is it?
As a former Destiny player, this matters a ton to me. I know the game has quite a lot of content, but is this a situation where only a few bits are actually worth doing once you hit a high level? If so, I'll pass once again.

5. If I have a long break from playing, will returning to the game be difficult?
I'm headed out to basic training in about four months, and then I have tech training after that, so I could be looking at about a four month break from the game. If I'm playing the game by my ship date, will I fall far behind if I take a lengthy break? If I'd fall so far behind that I have no chance of catching back up, I'll pass.

Grimoire
9th Nov 2015, 12:20
1. The console version is good - I use my PS4 to play this title.

2. It's very easy to get into the game. Just follow the main scenario and you'll soon get the hang of it.

3. Not to worry, you'll get in-game friends (it's hard not to).

4. There's always plenty to do in this game, both for the casual player and the hardcore grinding type of player. Choose what suits you the best.

5. If you want to catch up with the main story then that is not a problem. Most players clear the bigger updates in a day or two. However, if you decide to get a personal house and leave the game for 45 days or more, then your house will be demolished.

KrazeNGame
13th Mar 2016, 15:25
I bought the game through steam and am currently undergoing a pending transaction for some reason so i got the free 14 day trial which i plan on just learning the game on until my game is cleared on steam then ill migrate to my real account. So im sitting here waiting on it to finish downloading this massive 20G game. I have been a HUGEEEEEE final fantasy fan and am dissapointed its taking me so long to play the game. Anyways i just got some questions while i wait.

Im a MMO RPG Fan so on a scale of 1-10 rate the ammount of fun i can find in this game based on your opinions.

Is their raids and other types of dungeons like most RPGS have.

How is the community? Im 23 so i dont want to be bombarded by toxic players 24/7