PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Defiance article in this month's issue of Play

blincoln
26th Aug 2003, 01:04
The September issue of Play has a two-page interview with Amy about Defiance, as well as a bunch of screenshots and a retrospective of the series.

It also says that the game is coming out in November, although I'm still a little suspicious of that date.

It's definitely worth checking out, and since Play is available in Europe too, there are no excuses for reading bootleg scans instead of buying it.

Dark God Francisco
26th Aug 2003, 02:18
Cool it seems that this game will be on time even on the eidos site flash games banner it says november I guess they are working real hard on this and im glad.

blincoln
26th Aug 2003, 02:27
If someone posts scanned images, next time I won't bother to post information on magazine articles. I am interested in supporting the game, not media piracy.

Matt from Spam Buddies
26th Aug 2003, 09:45
Thanks for sharing, Ben. :)

I'll be sure to check the stands in September.

Oh, and by the way, in related news, there's also a two-page special LOK-D article in this months issue of GamePro.
I got it during my vacation and this magazine is sold in Europe, too.

- Matthew

Stukedogg
26th Aug 2003, 14:15
Yo Blinc

Are you a subscriber to play?
My local Wal-Mart doesn't seem to be a supplier.

Is that the magazine that you can get through EB?:confused:

Did they give a possible release date? Are the screenshots new?

InsaneScorpion331
26th Aug 2003, 15:34
guess i should save up some money for those mags, and dont worry blincoln, if i get em, i wont scan em, learned my lesson the 1st time. :D

warpsavant
26th Aug 2003, 17:44
I never heard of this magazine Ben, where'd you get it?

Matt from Spam Buddies
26th Aug 2003, 18:58
Hm. I'll check the stand on Friday, to know if they even have Play there.

- Matthew

blincoln
26th Aug 2003, 22:00
Play is a little harder to find in the US than magazines like EGM, but any news stand or Barnes and Noble type of book store should carry it - that's where I got mine. I'm going to subscribe now though, since I really like the design and quality of the magazine.

Raz
26th Aug 2003, 22:13
I was wondering, what's on the magazine cover blinc? :)

Are there any distinctive features or images to keep an eye open for...? :)

I'm definitely going to have to get this mag... :D

blincoln
26th Aug 2003, 22:44
The cover of mine is dark turquoise and has something from Baldur's Gate II on it. It mentions Defiance on the cover too though.

Umah Bloodomen
27th Aug 2003, 01:36
There will be no posting or requesting the posting of scanned articles in this forum. (Related-requests have been removed from this thread accordingly). Also, there will be no further references to file-sharing programs here either.

If there are any questions, comments or other concerns regarding this, feel free to bring it to the attention of either Chris or myself.

Thanks. :)

fneh
27th Aug 2003, 20:30
:(

I can't get it!!!!

(Play in europe isn't the same as the one you get in america....)

blincoln
27th Aug 2003, 20:32
What? No way, that's lame. There's no Defiance article at all in the September issue over there?

Vampmaster
27th Aug 2003, 20:33
Is the magazine called Play+ or Play Plus or just Play? I think I've heard of Play+ so I'll have look if it's the same one next time I go the shop. Are there a lot of new shots and info or just stuff that's already been of the web?

(BTW, congratulations on your promotion, Umah.)

EDIT: I started typing before those last two posts so I missed them. I guess that means there's still no UK articals about Defiance. Blinc, I have this old issue of Player that you can have if you like. It has some early shots of SR2 in it with SR1 style Reavers and a longish interview.

Preacher
28th Aug 2003, 19:56
I checked out my local WHSmith's earlier (they get literally about 50 new gaming associated mags every month) and couldn't find "Play" magazine anywhere, even in the DVD section. I did however see the one Vampmaster mentioned "Playstation 2 Play+" but there was no Defiance mention on the cover, is that the mag you meant, blinc?

I want to check out the European equivilant of Play magazine anyway because of the apparently cool layout, even if there is no mention of Defiance. I couldn't find a copy of it anywhere though. =\

I'm going to Earl's Court tommorow for Playstation Experience so I'll probably take a look around one of the bigger shops too. Have any other European members here seen Play magazine?

blincoln
28th Aug 2003, 22:30
I have three Play magazines from England, so I know you can get it there. They say "Play" and then have the +/O/Square/Triangle buttons part of a PS2 controller on them. I guess it's possible it's not being printed anymore? The ones I have are about two years old. Hmm.

Stukedogg
28th Aug 2003, 23:17
That is definately a good article. Nice interview with Amy and some good screens.

They say they've been able to do a lot more with the new engine. And now that they have more experience with the consoles they can milk them for everything they have.

It also had a timeline and a nice retrospect of all the Legacy of Kain games.

Even if you Brits can't find a copy over there don't fret. You don't need to read PLAY magazine because you actually get to PLAY Defiance at Playstation Experience. Lucky Brits!:rolleyes:

Stukedogg
28th Aug 2003, 23:18
By the way I got mine at EB. And that is a good mag, I just might have to become a subscriber.

Omega
29th Aug 2003, 12:20
I'm getting some reading material for the trip down to London (mwahahah) and I have an old issue of Play as well, a great article about SR2 that mentions the deleted Reaver enhancements (Water, Earth etc) plus I think it had a shot of the Earth Reaver...

Anyhoo, I'll take a look later. Don't have much money, but I'll be damned if I don't find something!

Blue Winged Fellow
29th Aug 2003, 16:27
B... in your Play magazine, top right corner, must be an issue number. Do you mind quoting it? I just got what seems to be the latest Play magazine out of HMV (Issue 106), and I can't find even a word about Defiance or even EIDOS (other than that game that claims to belong to the tomb raider series). They only mention Defiance on the release date (November).

Now, as for the article you mention, is that an interview with Amy? Is it the one where she gives full details on the controls and how they work?

There's another magazine here in UK, PSG 24-7, which carries that aricle (Issue 7) 4 pages long (34 -37) but no new screen shots :(.

If it's not the same article, I'll continue my quest to find that Play magazine, but please, tell us the issue number

Edit: Typos

Matt from Spam Buddies
29th Aug 2003, 18:20
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait...

So what you're saying is, the two-paged LOK-D article from the Play magazine, which contains the interview with Amy and new screenshots, is out already in the stands?

- Matthew

fneh
29th Aug 2003, 18:59
You can buy play magazine in the UK but it's not the same one. USA and UK versions are completely different. We Have PSM too I think and the official PS2 magazine but they're made in the UK and feature games suited to the UK.

They will have features on games we get first (quite a few lately) and less info on other games that you get in the states MONTHS in advance to us. Suikoden 3 STILL isn't out in the UK (the joy of imports!)

Stukedogg
29th Aug 2003, 23:58
I just read an article in this months gamepro. It said that Raziel and Kain are going to team back up on the same side, I think meaning that they just might be friends again.

But the biggest thing it said is that a playable demo should be coming out very soon. So... yay :D

Matt from Spam Buddies
30th Aug 2003, 06:16
Originally posted by Stukedogg
But the biggest thing it said is that a playable demo should be coming out very soon. So... yay :D

-grabs his GamePro and starts looking for that information he missed-

- Matthew

Time Spanned Soul
4th Sep 2003, 02:03
i got my first issue of play at a store called Shopko they had it maybe if there is a store like dat by any of u check there they should have it

L_Master562
4th Sep 2003, 03:32
My local Gamestop, Walden Books, EB, and Giant supermarkets all have issues of Play. Mine is sitting next to me now.

Stukedogg
4th Sep 2003, 18:50
My copy is also sitting by me. I got it from Electronics Boutique. But what I'm really wondering about is, when will Official U.S. PS Magazine going to release a demo on Playstation Underground? Does anyone think that we could be seeing a demo anytime soon? Like maybe in the october issue, or at least November. The one that everyone has been talking about sounds awesome. When is it going to come out?:confused:

Someone in the know, Hook us up. :)