PDA

View Full Version : New Defiance screens!

KainSyndrome101
25th Aug 2003, 19:36
http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?object_id=536027&channel_id=70&page_title=Legacy+of+Kain%3A+Defiance&adString=network%3Dign%26site%3Dps2%26pagetype%3Dmedialist&return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fps2.ign.com%2Fobjects%2F536%2F536027.html

Actually, they're just hi-res versions of the first shots, but DAMN! They look beautiful. Look at Raziel's character model. Is it not 50 times better than the one we've seen in more recent screens? Hopefully he'll look like that in the final version.

Zephonim
25th Aug 2003, 20:34
damm those look good and all in bootless glory.yay to the R and the K

Matt from Spam Buddies
25th Aug 2003, 21:28
Thanks for sharing, mate. :)

Those are beautiful.

The sixth one was actually new... sort of... We only saw Kain sucking blood from the baddy's neck a few months ago, but in this one Kain's already done. ;)

The last picture's entitled "Grabbing". Am I the only one who thinks that Raziel is quick-sucking the soul out of the baddy, rather than simply grabbing him?

- Matthew

PeopleAreFood
25th Aug 2003, 22:02
I think the pics look great but they seem to bright.
and i see a lack in detail.....Kains looks like crap...you see no lines in his hair. i think the colors need to be deemed and in the first shot, the enviroment mostly the trees look like something out of BO1.

if they fix that it will be great!

~yours in blood~

Matt from Spam Buddies
25th Aug 2003, 22:16
Originally posted by PeopleAreFood
I think the pics look great but they seem to bright.
and i see a lack in detail.....Kains looks like crap...you see no lines in his hair. i think the colors need to be deemed and in the first shot, the enviroment mostly the trees look like something out of BO1.

if they fix that it will be great!

~yours in blood~

Those aren't new shots, mate. They're simply the hi-res versions of the ones PSM released in their first peek article in the beginning of June, two months ago (that issue had the first ever screenshots of LOK-D).

Everything (including Kain's lines in his hair ;)) looks far better in the newer screenies, mate.

- Matthew

PeopleAreFood
25th Aug 2003, 22:25
Ohh....ok.
cool i was really scared i just want this game to be all we have hoped for. thanks for setting me stright.

~yours in blood~

xarax
25th Aug 2003, 23:13
The link is busted. I get a page of advertisements. I click on the "continue to defiance" link and nothing happens.
:(

Lady_D
26th Aug 2003, 00:45
same here. oh well, thats been my kinda luck this week :(

KainSyndrome101
26th Aug 2003, 01:45
Awww man. Sorry guys. The link doesn't work for me either. Guess we'll just have to do it manually.

Yes, it's true that everything in those pics look a lot better now, except for Raziel. Look at the last pic in that batch of screens, where Raz is "grabbing" his opponent, and then click on "Next." It will take you to a more recent screenshot, in which a less detailed Raziel is shown. The same is true for the shots following that one.

Dark God Francisco
26th Aug 2003, 02:15
Those screens are great can't wait for this game.

NoobSaibot
26th Aug 2003, 02:46
November if were lucky!

Reaver of Souls
26th Aug 2003, 04:49
I found some more (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/235762.asp). :)

These are screenshots for the XBOX page for Defiance at EBGames. It has 4 (5 if you pretend you didn't see one of them at ign) new shots, one of which seems to depict Raz using the air reaver? possibly?

ViperXtreme
26th Aug 2003, 05:06
yeah it looks like the air reaver indeed...

Matt from Spam Buddies
26th Aug 2003, 09:38
Hey, those are truly awesome.

Thanks, Reaver of Souls! :)

4 totally new screenshots and the box-art design, too.

Woah, thanks, thanks a lot! I love them.

And yes, it does look like the Air Reaver. I also think that I've spotted another character class. The one with the javelin in the Air Reaver pic.

Thanks for sharing. :)

- Matthew

Lady_D
26th Aug 2003, 09:47
Those are sooo kewl! :D

KainSyndrome101
26th Aug 2003, 19:29
Nice find, Reaver of Souls!;)

Umah Bloodomen
27th Aug 2003, 01:30
Not bad. A couple of them I have come across before though. Thanks for sharing KainSyndrome. :)

Johnny_anoniem
30th Aug 2003, 01:42
Thx for sharing! I'll need this for my Defiance hunger :)

LOKFan
30th Aug 2003, 10:52
Wow, those new pictures are great.

And it looks like the Sarafan Stronghold has been confirmed.

punkst4r
1st Sep 2003, 04:46
Those pictures are very good..and it's different for me because it's actually the first time i see them..