PDA

View Full Version : completion Rewards

chaos_Kn
25th Aug 2003, 11:14
I think something which might have been good in DX1 is a reward for completing the game. i.e. something extra when you start again.

They could make different rewards depending on your game style, lethal or non lethal, or your decisions within the plot or difficulty level.

Something small would probably work better, on games such as metal gear solid or resident evil the rewards make the game too easy to replay. I was thinking something like a pistol with all upgrades already in place. Or if the skill system was still in place and extra 2000 skill points starting off.

please post your views

- Chaos

Bio Denton
25th Aug 2003, 11:30
Nah, secret weapons.. prefferably Bio/Chem weapons.. big ones!

You know, like in Resident Evil, you could get replay weapons such as a gattling gun or rocket launcher. Things that just turned the game into a kill fest..

(Ok, I've done the spy/espionage/assassin thing, now I want killing power!)

chaos_Kn
25th Aug 2003, 11:45
Didn't that get boring really quickly though, once you've got yourself a gat gun and your invincible, it's just a case of find a large gathering of zombies, blow them all away and then you have no reason to play the game again - ever.

- Chaos

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
25th Aug 2003, 12:34
maybe a secret cow level? where you can LAM, gun, rocket an dragon bite hell bovines?

or a chainsaw?

a legal fly mode? like a rocket-backpack

telepathy?

naked greasels?

flower-power Paul Denton?

a trip to the Moon?

the ability to at last use the holographers to communicate, instead of been phoned with it and never being able to use it?

ability to shut down the infolink?

Catman
25th Aug 2003, 13:34
How about something like the giant goat in NOLF1? ;)

Gruf
26th Aug 2003, 06:45
lol,
yes, bring on the giant goat, that would take out chicago better than any nanite detonator!

Bio Denton
26th Aug 2003, 09:11
Originally posted by chaos_Kn
Didn't that get boring really quickly though, once you've got yourself a gat gun and your invincible, it's just a case of find a large gathering of zombies, blow them all away and then you have no reason to play the game again - ever.

- Chaos

Yeah, but in Resident Evil, you get infinite ammo.

NamelessOne
26th Aug 2003, 09:24
One of the best bonus things I've seen in a game was in Spiderman : The movie (the game). If you finished on the hardest difficulty, you could play as Harry Osbourne in the Green Goblin suit. It had completely different abilities, and they even re-wrote the dialog and cut-scenes for the new plot.

Of course, the game itself wasn't all that impressive, but it was a cool gesture.

Deus (Seraph)
26th Aug 2003, 13:50
Well, it doesn't totally fit in here, but what is that with the Giant goat in NOLF 1 you are talking about? (I played it through once) Have I to take some special difficulty, or just to find all Special Informations?

Catman
26th Aug 2003, 16:18
You need to replay the mission where you break into the research lab to help the scientist defect, and take along a code breaker. You also must avoid setting off the alarms.

You need to go through the door in the corridor right before you go up the elevator, and in that room, go to the lower level.