PDA

View Full Version : Is Crystal Dynamics really a bad developer... or do people hate them for no reason?

RebeL_fARmeR
24th Aug 2003, 21:03
I've seen quite a few anti-Crystal D' posts scattered around this forum.

My question:
Has Crystal D' proven themselves in the past to be a really rubbish games developer... or are people hating them just because they're expecting Crystal D' to make a dog's dinner of the next TR game?

RebeL_fARmeR
24th Aug 2003, 21:23
If you ask me, Core made a pretty fine mess of AOD, with that appaling control system, I say we give Crystal D' some credit, maybe they'll churn out a lovely control system in TR7?

dhama
24th Aug 2003, 21:32
I say we stop slamming Core Design and Crystal Dynamics. They both are good developers, and there's only one reason to shift the development of Tomb Raider, and that is because it needs a new direction that only a different developer can offer; no more or less. ;)

Lil Lara
24th Aug 2003, 22:06
Originally posted by dhama
I say we stop slamming Core Design and Crystal Dynamics. They both are good developers, and there's only one reason to shift the development of Tomb Raider, and that is because it needs a new direction that only a different developer can offer; no more or less. ;)

I totally agree.

I've never played anything by CD so I have no idea whether they are decent or not. I'm looking forward to see what direction they takes up with the next TRs!

eurisko
25th Aug 2003, 03:58
Core has been with us for so much of this TR journey that people are a little hesitant to accept the new direction. Which is understandable to an extent, but yes there are some rather unusual objections about this place, ranging from wildly inaccurate to wholly unsubstantiated. It was amusing the first couple of times to see so much unfounded ignorance floating about the place, as though people just expect Crystal Dynamics to fail simply because they are not Core Design. Strange logic some people have :)

Crystal Dyamics are a reputable development mob and there's no apparent reason I can see why we should worry about them taking over.

Dani_Lover
25th Aug 2003, 05:03
i agree with Dhama 100%, i've been trying to say it but it never comes out right! Too think, it's that simple!
EVAN

io_
25th Aug 2003, 10:27
Originally posted by Dani_Lover
i agree with Dhama 100%, i've been trying to say it but it never comes out right! Too think, it's that simple!
EVAN

and i agree with dani_lover who agreed with dhama who agreed with; um, um, um, himself

hehehe hahaha

:P

:D

io_
25th Aug 2003, 10:31
Originally posted by RebeL_fARmeR
I've seen quite a few anti-Crystal D' posts scattered around this forum.

My question:
Has Crystal D' proven themselves in the past to be a really rubbish games developer... or are people hating them just because they're expecting Crystal D' to make a dog's dinner of the next TR game?

well if they do make a dog's dinner out of it which im not going to judge it to be at least my lil doggie will be the first tr fan

HA!

but i have a positive out look, looking forward to it.

change we must to live again

RebeL_fARmeR
26th Aug 2003, 11:38
aLTERNATIVELY WE COULD JUST LOOK (whoops) We could just look at it this way: Core is gone, Crystal D' is here to stay so let's just accept it and ponder the next TR game.

DaveJ
28th Aug 2003, 13:07
Very true.
Just like some people should just accept that Angelina Jolie is the cinematic Lara Croft and is bloody good at it.

RebeL_fARmeR
28th Aug 2003, 13:09
Oh god, not again...

RebeL_fARmeR
28th Aug 2003, 13:21
You know, the past few weeks on this forum have been really enjoyable and peacefull...

DaveJ
28th Aug 2003, 13:21
Originally posted by RebeL_fARmeR
Oh god, not again...

My thoughts exactly....

dhama
28th Aug 2003, 21:26
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and everyone is entitled to air it right here until opinion turns into argument.

A little lesson: "When you feel the urge to throw that stone back.... just walk away; you've already won the fight." ;)