PDA

View Full Version : Questions and Requests for Playstation Experience Goers

LOKFan
23rd Aug 2003, 09:46
In one week, in Earl's Court, London, the Playstation Experience will be showing. A Defiance Demo will be playing there.

Unfortunately, a lot of us (including me:( ) are unable to go.

Use this thread for the questions and requests for the people that are going.

Okay, me first!

1. How does Kain's blood meter work?
2. Describe Raziel's new way of shifting planes.
3. Describe Raziel's new gliding animation.
4. Describe Kain's slow descend action.
5. What are the controls?
6. If there are checkpoints in the demo, what do they look like?
7. What levels are playable in the demo?
8. Has enemy AI been improved?
9. Describe Raziel's close range soul suck.
10. Do dead enemies disappear?
11. What are Kain's abilities?
12. What happens when you die?

Stukedogg
23rd Aug 2003, 14:39
I must admit I am jealous of the people over there in the UK who are going to get to go play the game at the Playstation Experience.

But you gotta think as soon as so many people have access to a demo, there's gotta be an official one coming out shortly after. And there's no official release date, but there is an ad on the Eidos website that says the game is going to be released in November. I personaly hope it is.

But anyway, you Brits are all very lucky people cuz there's no demo over here. But hopefully we'll get our DVD's soon. But when you play you have a duty of loyalty to tell us every little detail.

Peace out.

http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/contrib/edoom/Lurking.gif

Omega
23rd Aug 2003, 15:15
Mwhahahahahaha.... I'm going!

Totally hyper about it!

My memory isn't that good unfortuantly, and yet another shame is they're allowing no cameras or the likes :(

But, I'm hopefully not the only member going.... right?

Only problem is getting down from Liverpool to England though... friend said he's gunna drive us down, but he's not sure now..

Trains aren't bad, tad expensive though...

Time Streamer
23rd Aug 2003, 17:12
I'm attending as well. Although I have to keep my eyes on everything which is shown there, I'll do my best to memorize as much as possible about Defiance.

DarkWraith
23rd Aug 2003, 17:33
I'm, planning to put in an appearance. I'll try and make sure my itty ibtty brain cells take in as much as they can.

DW

Valaquen_
23rd Aug 2003, 19:25
I wish I could go but there are several problems.
Like me being only 15 years old, so I'm quite unable to travel from Dundee to London by myself, also schools an issue, money, and where would I spend the night?
Oh well...I'll just wait for the demos when they hit the mag stands. :)

LOKFan
24th Aug 2003, 08:24
With that many people going, we should have a good overall impression of Defiance's gameplay.

Here's a hint for when you're playing. Do everything. Do not care if there's a line of 50 thousand people behind you, do everything!

Vampmaster
24th Aug 2003, 19:50
Originally posted by Omega
Only problem is getting down from Liverpool to England though... friend said he's gunna drive us down, but he's not sure now...

Last I heard, Liverpool was in England. LOL

I'd go if I could, but I just want to do one more week of work and then quit once I've enough for this years rent. I'd have to do more if I wanted to go to the event and I'm just sick of it now so there's no way. And I'd have to arrange somewhere to stay and everything.

InsaneScorpion331
24th Aug 2003, 20:05
all you have to do is write the things down as you go *not while your playing though :p *

my only request is that *if you remember* you explain what the enemys look like as well as thier attacks.

Have fun!:D

chibijUK
28th Aug 2003, 23:42
Hiya~ got to play the demo today. I posted my feedback on the board so pls look for it ^^

Now to answer some questions...

1. How does Kain's blood meter work?

Well...as far as I could see, just as normal. Over time you slowly loose blood, you top up by drinking from helpless ppl, or from Sarafan (or enemies). But in the demo there was no targeting system to tell you when you could feed off of your enemies when they where stunned, so I just let the Blood Reaver do the drinking.

2. Describe Raziel's new way of shifting planes.
3. Describe Raziel's new gliding animation.

Unfortunatly, only Kain's demo was avaliable, much to my disapointment too.

It was much like the animation in BO2

(I might get some of these wrong)
Left analogue - control
Right analogue - free camera / first person (u have to push in the analogue to activate and come out of first person)
circle - Telekinisis aquire/attack
triangle - (attack) juggle opener
square - standard attack/action button
x - jump
L1 - block
R1 - Feeding/Telekenisis attack (manual targeting)
(can't remember L2/R2)

6. If there are checkpoints in the demo, what do they look like?

For Kain, it was a nice blue glowing Kain sign. You just walk over them to activate them.

7. What levels are playable in the demo?

I'm presuming it was the first Kain level, in which he is in some sort of Sarafan keep...
Actually I never managed to finish the demo, there was a terrible glitch that cut my session short! :(

8. Has enemy AI been improved?

I've been told that the enemy AI is still going through development...In the demo, the enemies weren't that aggressive. But yeah, I think that in the end, it will have improved! :D

9. Describe Raziel's close range soul suck.

See answer to Q 2/3

10. Do dead enemies disappear?

Now that i think about it, they did ^^

11. What are Kain's abilities?

The one that stuck out what the telekinisis ability that you can use to move objects (including enemies!), break objects etc.
Other than that...

12. What happens when you die?

Like in BO2, Kain turns to dust and then bats fly away from his body~

I hope this helped you!! ^__^

Omega
29th Aug 2003, 12:14
Originally posted by LOKFan
Here's a hint for when you're playing. Do everything. Do not care if there's a line of 50 thousand people behind you, do everything!

Oh I plan to!

If anyone of you see's a fat person with slicked back black hair, with a black shirt and black jeans, and a goatee... just shout "Oi! Omega! Hurry up!"

I'm sorry, I know others have too, but I've paid my money and I plan to get good use out of it. I've travelled an awfully long way just to be here (but I'm sure others have come from farther away). I don't mind depriving "non-LoK'ers" of Defiance... but if any of you's see me playing, hogging the stand, just shout at me, and I'll get the hint ;)

*runs off singing 'Tomorrow'*

Yup.. tomorrow, and I'll be there, at the 4pm-9pm show :)

Edits
I have a question too... though I'll find this out tomorrow, I wanna know now...

Yaknow the free goodie bag "worth more than the price of your ticket"? What is it exactly?

LOKFan
30th Aug 2003, 11:01
chibijUK
Thank you very much for your answers!

It was much like the animation in BO2

Oh please, no! I thought that looked really silly!

(I might get some of these wrong)
Left analogue - control
Right analogue - free camera / first person (u have to push in the analogue to activate and come out of first person)
circle - Telekinisis aquire/attack
triangle - (attack) juggle opener
square - standard attack/action button
x - jump
L1 - block
R1 - Feeding/Telekenisis attack (manual targeting)
(can't remember L2/R2)

What do you mean by 'telekinesis aquire'? Were L2 and R2 lock-on and crouch? (If you remember)

Vampmaster
30th Aug 2003, 11:30
I think they should swap circle and R1 for the retail version. I'm used to having circle as feed. What do you think, chibijUK? Would it be easier or harder?

Jubei
30th Aug 2003, 13:44
I think Kains floating was/is cool and even better now that you can feed at the same time:D

LOKFan
30th Aug 2003, 13:52
I have nothing against floating but the way Kain did it in BO2 looked so silly!

Jubei
30th Aug 2003, 13:56
probably due to the crap camera angle and his nails made him look,,MOD EDIT!IMO

LOKFan
30th Aug 2003, 14:02
:D You said it not me!

Umah Bloodomen
30th Aug 2003, 17:16
Yes, and Jubei won't be saying it again. Kindly choose better adjectives in the future please.

chibijUK
31st Aug 2003, 10:17
LOKFan > glad to be of help ^^
Well as for the descending animation, I thought it was rather sweet!

Apparently there was no need for the crouch option...Also there was no manual targeting button, because (as I wrote in my feedback) the targeting system is now automatic. But it's still be tweaked tho~

when I wrote telekinisis aquire, I mean the ability to manipulate objects with ur telekinisis (eg. solid objects, things off the wall, enemies!).
It's a much fun and wonderful addition to the combat system, and you also need it to solve puzzles.

Jubei
31st Aug 2003, 10:33
cant wait ,pity i cant hibernate till the release but i m,ay mangae a month until a demo is released (crosses fingers) g'night folks c ya in 30 days:p