PDA

View Full Version : How the hell do you pass Atom Smasher on hard 2 player co-op

tyson
23rd Aug 2003, 07:13
I cant pass it it's way to hard
any suggestions
we can get up to the end and kill the boss i think it's khallos but we cant flip the switches and get to the timeportal without getting killed by the splitters(the one with the blue flame heads)

someone help me

AB-109
23rd Aug 2003, 11:43
Well the thing is theres only ever 2 blue flamed splitters so dont kill them unless you have to cos they'll just be replaced. The other thing is they'll follow you wherever you go so you need to run back and up the ramp (where one of the bombs where and the pipes with the steam that you walk across) and stay on the pipe until you see a splitter (blue one) with you then just jump off and go to the portal cos he wont jump he'll just go down the ramp again.

Goodluck

Ab ^_^

Rare
23rd Aug 2003, 22:29
Another thing you could do is have only one person go in to flip the switches (make sure the other player has not gotten close to that room, otherwise it will not work) and the splitters won't even appear. When the other player gets too close to the room the splitter will activate and the boss will too. when you have activated all the switches you can have the other player come and activate and kill the boss. Then go through the portal.

tyson
27th Aug 2003, 10:29
thanks i'll try it and tell u if I pass it.

is aztec hard on hard 2 player?

AB-109
27th Aug 2003, 14:07
Compared to atom smasher the rest of the levels are a doddle although you might have alil trouble with robot factory but at least you can take your time with it and another thing you can do is if theres no one to play co op with you can start a co op game and get as far as you can with 1 person and then when he dies take control of the other person and finish the level, kinda like giving yourself 2 lives :D

Ab ^_^

the_internet_king
27th Aug 2003, 16:04
yer i do that somtimes, but the trouble with that is say with player one u get up to the machinist on robot factory and then u die, the next person will have no weapons other than what u start with and will have no chance against the machinist.. :o

AB-109
27th Aug 2003, 19:37
well then you should change when you get to the big room and collect the ammo and stuff or control both characters at the end and take them into the room and aim one at the machinist and down the fire button with your toe or somethin (or aim at one of the rooms where the guys come out of) while you control the other one :D

Ab ^_^

tyson
28th Aug 2003, 07:19
yeah i might try that