PDA

View Full Version : what is your wish list in the next TR game by CD/

io_
22nd Aug 2003, 23:10
I would like to see her back exploring ancient artifacts, and places, as well as the return of the ever so flatulent Jeeves the old butler; the mansion.

A CGI movie starring Lara Croft herself with, Judith gibbson as her voice would be great too.

what say U/

:D

Dani_Lover
23rd Aug 2003, 00:58
I can't think of anything else but if I do I will come back and add to it. Well, I have quite a few thoughts on what I would like to see changed or improved upon as well as things that should be retained so I divided it up into those categories. As a side note I think that the people on the forum should make an official list of things we want to see, everyone could sign it or whatever and we could give it to Crystal, just sort of a group consensus about what the fans want to see, rather than videogame reviewers who would be perfectly happy if Tomb Raider became a Metal Gear Solid clone. Why don't you guys let me know what you think? I can start keeping track of the suggestions in this thread and then later we'll vote on which ones we want to keep.

Things to change: I WANT THE MANSION!!!!!!!!! *sigh* I would also like to see quite a few adjustments to the control scheme, first of all for them to make it all round "tighter", more freaking responsive, I'm tired of pushing a button and having Lara hesitate before performing her move. I would also like to see the return of the double pistols, and for god's sake give them unlimited ammunition. I would also like to see the way she reacts to directions changed. For instance in AoD when you pushed forward she would run in what ever direction happened to be up on screen. In every other Tomb Raider game if you pushed up she would run forward. The old way made it much easier to control when the camera hit an awkward diagonal sort of angle because no matter what when you hit forward she would run forward. I was constantly running off edges in AoD because I wasn't sure which way to push the frickin' stick. The directional movement scheme thing also screwed up other aspects, like it was near impossible to do a string of back flips because the direction of "back" kept changing. Of course that's an irrelevant point because she could no longer shoot while flipping anyways, which detracted a lot from the battle sequences, i think. So in short she need to flip and move more like she did in the previous games, they can keep the analog stick as long as they take care of the other issues. What else... I think they need to bring back the action button in order to climb onto things, especially over railing, it drove me nuts how often I would be innocently running along and Lara would just hurdle over a railing at random. Grrrrrr. They also need to get rid of the lock on battle system; I want a free range of motion when I'm moving.

Things to Retain: For the most part I would retain the level design, there were quite a few compelling and nicely designed levels, such as Le Serpent Rouge and the Tomb Of The Ancients, of course there were the dull "RPG sections" like the Parisian ghetto, we could do without those. The voice acting was nice as was the story; crystal should try and get the voice actors and writers from Core. I also liked the locations, they were changed enough to keep it fresh and aside from a few notable exceptions the transitions seemed somewhat smoother than the location changes in say, Tomb Raider 3.

I can't think of anything else but if I do I will come back and add to it.

io_
23rd Aug 2003, 01:16
Originally posted by Dani_Lover
As a side note I think that the people on the forum should make an official list of things we want to see, everyone could sign it or whatever and we could give it to Crystal, just sort of a group consensus about what the fans want to see, rather than videogame reviewers who would be perfectly happy if Tomb Raider became a Metal Gear Solid clone. Why don't you guys let me know what you think? I can start keeping track of the suggestions in this thread and then later we'll vote on which ones we want to keep.

I can't think of anything else but if I do I will come back and add to it.

thank you for your reply and the suggestions for my thread, I never had a thread with many replys so i hope ppl share here and then do what you suggested with a list, and thank u for the help

excellent idea :D

Dani_Lover
23rd Aug 2003, 17:37
No problem. People have been throwing around AoD suggestions for a while, we need to start organizing our thoughts so we can be heard by the people that make a difference.
EVAN

midroth
24th Aug 2003, 02:00
What is wanted..? A bit more TR1-4 styled. The exploring, the chance to lost the way. Anyhow a longer game! With harder puzzles. An option to change the control (not me).

Guess that's what the most people want.

My personal add: RPG and/or a Kurtis I don't need.

The duo-guns etc. where mentioned several times. But this things seems to be more a look question.

PS.: A CGI I would buy! ;)

Dani_Lover
25th Aug 2003, 01:21
COME ON PEOPLE! Suggestions!

Kurtis Trent
25th Aug 2003, 01:56
I would like to see more playable characters. :) You could choose a character, and they could cross paths once in a while, and each have their own unique abilities. It woudl also add tons of replay value to the game.

io_
25th Aug 2003, 10:33
hmmmm its sinking down da list.

*PPUUUUUSHES IT BAACK UP*

eeerrrg

aaaaaaaa

thats better

;)

stevo
25th Aug 2003, 16:11
At the request of Dani_Lover, I'm adding my suggestion to this thread...

Add a cutscene viewer to the main menu, like Grim Fandango had. It's really nice to be able to replay previously-viewed cutscenes, and it's equally annoying when a game doesn't provide this feature. This feature is especially valuable with cutscene-heavy games, such as the TR series.

Cyber_Punk_303
25th Aug 2003, 21:15
1) Lara needs new, faster, more elaborate moves based on Yamakasi, the french sport also known as "Le Parkour". The art of displacement. When Lara falls from a great height, she can go into a roll to absorb the shock etc... Check out the vids at the sits below.

http://membres.lycos.fr/leparkour/
www.parkour.com

2) Lara's past needs to be clarified and she needs to be redefined as a character, because she's been through to many character changes. What with the games making her skankier and more psychotic as well as the odd portrayal of Lara by Angelina. We need a more refined, upper class, aristocrat Lara who uses wit, smarts, and agility over vulgarity.

3) Tombs!

4) An engine that is capable of producing CIRCULAR areas.

5) Bring back her home as well as the kick-azz classical music!

Cyber_Punk_303
25th Aug 2003, 21:17
PS: No more CORNY, TRASHY, LOW CLASS inuendo. It's redundant and cheap. And it's been used many a time by TR bashers.

Lara is more than a sex symbol and TR should be more than the mediocre platform game it has become.

Cyber_Punk_303
25th Aug 2003, 21:45
Wouldn't it be great to see a tasteful CG clip of Lara doing yoga? Lol, i can completely see her doing yoga. It's deep, physical, spiritual, emotional, exotic, and challenging.

karlp
26th Aug 2003, 23:00
Hmmm what would I like to see from a new TR ?

First to say, I really liked TR 6.. but...

1. Control system Overhaul

As previously said, overhaul the control system. Get rid of:

-Jumping direction and pushing/pulling direction depends on camera angles (died so many times because of this)

- Losing control of Lara's movements when she's got aim on something was incredibly annoying. TR1 to TR5 much better instant controls.

- Get rid of dual purpose walk to run on analog and just have toggle run/walk switch on shoulder button.

- R3 centre camera looks at the floor (happened in Boaz level)

- Silly end of level bosses with flaws (end of game dead easy to beat by getting Lara to lie on the floor as the flames went harmlessly overhead)

- 'Constipated' mode can go (think it was supposed to be equivalent to MSG sneak mode). Lara walks funny as she looks about for a toilet ! Unless it can be made more useable, look less stupid and she can hold a gun when sneaking.

And generally inject the instant control from the previous games on the digital controller. Most battles involved acrobatic shooting manouvers that were nigh on impossible in this version.

2. Reinstatement of Dual guns/Croft Manor and the butler. Enjoyed the level in Croft Manor in TR2.

3. More interactivity with the surroundings, including non-functional objects e.g, ones that don't add to the plot/current puzzle solution, to make the game feel more like a 'real' world and the puzzles less obvious to solve.

4. Less linearity to the game (TR 6 was very linear)

5. Plot ideas ?... Don't know if anyone played the somewhat groundbreaking ICO, but the whole co-operative helping someone else out the prison made for new puzzle solving not possible with only a single main character which was very good. Maybe Lara could have more interaction with another character with real co-operation to make progress for some sections.

6. Use of journey through time to add another dimension (literally) to the plot and provide some brain-aching time puzzles.

7. Perhaps a bit of a rescue mission built in.

8. Where was the skido, or jeep or some of the other top vehicles that we had in previous versions. Had great fun in TR2 driving Lara off the edge of a cliff in the Skido.

9. Making things... How about having Lara collecting bits and pieces to make a rope ladder to get across the ravine, or making a boat to get down the river. Could even have several ways of doing it, so end up with various designs according to who is playing.

10. Expand the unarmed combat a bit, so that Lara finds her guns a bit later on in the game and has to use more unarmed combat. Maybe one of the boss types she has to take out with no weapons at all (bit of Teken style)..

11. Lara could have a pet rottweiler or tiger or something for a bit of the game that she could unleash on enemies.

12. I mentioned vehicles, what about horse riding or camels or elephants or fighter planes or....

Hmm food for thought...