PDA

View Full Version : SYS for DX2

belamine
22nd Aug 2003, 18:34
I haven't checked all the post and I'm sure this is mentioned somewhere but what would be an ideal system from running DX2?
Ideal as in running at the highest level of detail without being chunky.
I suppose what I really want to know is what would be the

-ideal amount of ram
-processor
-3dfx card
That way I can start saving up.
Ty :)

sneelock
22nd Aug 2003, 19:07
its been in alot of posts but...

i can garrenty this will work

processor - 2.6ghz p4 overclocked to 3.25ghz 1000mhz fsb
motherboard - msi 865pe neo2 motherboard
memory - kingston hyperX ddr500 memory 2x512mb
video card - nvidia geforce fx 5900ultra or ati radeon 9800pro
also 350watt enemax power supply

any way there isnt much better out there unless you add sata raid...
:D

Lawnboy360
22nd Aug 2003, 22:16
The game isn't out yet, so the only advice we can give for a system running DXIW at high detail without slowdowns is to get the best you can afford.

vick1000
23rd Aug 2003, 15:53
Better add a better PSU to that setup.400w Enermax,or better
yet a 400w Antec TruPower or SmartPower.

D_Vader128
23rd Aug 2003, 16:28
Eidos would be foolish to taylor the game only to suit ultra high-end machines as mentioned here. They will definitely make it scalable to run on machines that don't belong to multi-millionaires!!

I can't wait for it to be released though I'm disheartened by the new release date on Amazon.co.uk......Feb 04!!!!:mad:

Lawnboy360
23rd Aug 2003, 17:51
Eidos would be foolish to taylor the game only to suit ultra high-end machines as mentioned here. They will definitely make it scalable to run on machines that don't belong to multi-millionaires!!

That's called "XBox".

sneelock
23rd Aug 2003, 18:23
besides it gives you great bragging rights.

Nazo
23rd Aug 2003, 19:37
Speaking of XBox, microsoft will be happy to know that the emulators are making quite a lot of progress, not that it's TOO terribly hard to do. I have a sneaky suspicion that when the emulators are working fully, microsoft will either make a xbox 2 which, hopefully for their sake is more console than pc rather than the other way around or they will just fold the xbox and try to sue the daylights out of the emulator people for it. They want to make a console version of DX2 because lately that's where all the money is, but I wonder how long that will be true for the xbox that's so easy to make the pc/console games for. (There's always true consoles like PS2 though.)