PDA

View Full Version : The need for shiny

dirigimaster
21st Aug 2003, 22:47
Ok, I know this is largely irrelevent to anything. But I collect boxes of games, and as disturbing as this may seem I bought DX without any prior knowledge of the game, it had a very shiny box, and occupies the center of my grand box collection.

Now, DX2 I will buy regardless of its box, but I feel its important to honor the first game and its box with an even greater box and it must be shiny. I want to see myself in this box as I could with the first.

And it better be a big box, a small shiny box would be a disappointment... But I know where I can find large boxes now... Costco.

AHAHAHA

Lawnboy360
21st Aug 2003, 23:57
I doubt the regular box will be a large one, all games come in those small boxes you know...

But if we are VERY lucky, maybe there will be a collector's edition with soundtrack, art book and that kind of stuff in a large box. But DX isn't as popular as Warcraft3, so I doubt we'll get a Collector's Ed. On the other hand, Morrowind isn't *that* popular and a collector's edition (PC only) was available, complete with a big "charcoal" box.

If there's one game I'd buy the collector's edition of, it would be DX:IW. And the cyberpunk setting would make for a very interesting art book. And the DX music is very good.

I want it!

Cerpin Taxt
22nd Aug 2003, 00:40
word up.

collector's edition = thumbs up

Trevion
22nd Aug 2003, 01:09
Originally posted by Lawnboy360
I doubt the regular box will be a large one, all games come in those small boxes you know...

But if we are VERY lucky, maybe there will be a collector's edition with soundtrack, art book and that kind of stuff in a large box. But DX isn't as popular as Warcraft3, so I doubt we'll get a Collector's Ed. On the other hand, Morrowind isn't *that* popular and a collector's edition (PC only) was available, complete with a big "charcoal" box.

If there's one game I'd buy the collector's edition of, it would be DX:IW. And the cyberpunk setting would make for a very interesting art book. And the DX music is very good.

I want it!

I STRONGLY OPPOSE a collectors edition. As a college student with limited funds, I oppose any other gaming companies taking advantage of my addictions to get more money out of me than they would have normally....

;-)

dirigimaster
22nd Aug 2003, 01:12
[i]

I want it! [/B]

Well Raven Shield came out as a small box but I was at costco and they had large box versions.

Lawnboy360
22nd Aug 2003, 01:51
Well Raven Shield came out as a small box but I was at costco and they had large box versions.

Yeah I also saw a few "large box" Medal of Honor. Why? :confused:

dirigimaster
24th Aug 2003, 10:02
Originally posted by Lawnboy360
Yeah I also saw a few "large box" Medal of Honor. Why? :confused:

Because I willed it

agent008
26th Aug 2003, 14:25
well when new pc games come out they are in small boxes

even though i dont care for console games or the consoles i say they should be in small boxes also