PDA

View Full Version : Angelina not doing another tomb raider film

JohnRaider
21st Aug 2003, 17:06
I don't know if this has been said before, but I'll go for it anyway. Well it looks like we have bad news for those of us that adore Angelina Jolie. Empire Online has stated that Angelina isn't sure about a third sequel. Heres what she had to say;

"I don't know. They do take a lot of time away from home and I'm very happy with the second one, so I'm not sure I'll need to do another."

Well obviously the reason why angelina doesn't want to do another is because it did poor on the opening weekend. Before the movie came out Angelina promised a sexy, darker, and better movie this would be. I think she was right, but the critics always have to get in the way and I think thats what ruined it. I personally don't listin to people that get paid to review something. I like to go see it for myself. I was also watching that video were Angelina answers fan questions. One question that asked what other fantasy character would you like to be? Angelina replied saying that she likes being Lara, but would like to be the darker Lara that was seen in Angel of Darkness. Then it seemed that Angelina was prepared for a sequel. But now that the movie did poor I don't think she wants to do another as she is right, it does take alot of time/training and she is proud of cradle of life. But I think she is kind of mad about the critic reviews and how it did in the box office. She also has a baby to take care of so I could understand why if she decides not to do another tomb raider film.

Well looks like we won't being seeing Angelina as Lara Croft. Maybe they will get another actress to play Lara Croft or better yet, maybe even a cg tomb raider film. But hopefully Angelina Jolie decides to be Lara one last time. After all she did sign a contract that she would appear in at least three tomb raider films. We can only wait.

Jack

Tipsko
21st Aug 2003, 17:15
I hope she'll be Lara in the next TR movie(s). On the other hand, It would be cool if there would be other actresses who try to play Lara. Maybe a little bit too James Bond like I suppose...

Tipsko

Aquarius
21st Aug 2003, 17:20
I could have sworn I heard that critics loved the movie. I know I heard that Ebert and Roper gave it two thumbs up.

I know I said this before, but I think the reason it did poorly was because of the big flounder Paramount made early this summer and pissed a lot of the movie theaters off. Let's not forget, a lot of chains refused to show CoL, and the ones that did show it, the release was pushed back a month.

So if that wasn't something to deter fans, then I don't know what is...

eurisko
22nd Aug 2003, 05:35
Personally, I don't want to see a different actress take on the role of Lara Croft. It would take too much away from what's been done in the past, but also it would be too distracting for me because it just wouldn't be Lara. Angelina and Lara are synergistic; any other actress and Lara would not. For me.

But good luck to Angelina. She put in a huge amount of time and effort for the movies and I'm glad she can feel proud of them. It's her decision as to whether or not to do another one. I'd like to see a third AJ TR but if it's not to be, then it's not to be.

RebeL_fARmeR
22nd Aug 2003, 11:36
What? What're you all looking at me for? It's as if you're waiting for something inevitable to happen..... :D

hehehe

eurisko
22nd Aug 2003, 12:51
/me sneeks a look in RF's direction, casually stroking a Desert Eagle.

Oh yes my pretty, I am waiting ;)

Dani_Lover
23rd Aug 2003, 17:43
She didn't come right out and say no and the movie hasn't done THAT badly in the theaters. It's made over 60 million to date is still making more than a million a day and has yet to see an international release. I'd say that if the production studios offered Angie a good script and a hefty pay check she would consider doing a third one. Plus, I heard somewhere that she had a contract for three movies, and didn't she at one point say she wouldn't be interested in doing a sequal after the first movie?
EVAN

midroth
24th Aug 2003, 01:37
Angelina did the first movie to impress Billy Bob (her Ex), well he played TR. After the first movie she said "Never again!". The second she did for the money she was needing. I didn't got the impression that A. is willing to grow in the role, to be really Lara, to fill the role with life, feelings, sympathy. In San Diego A. called Lara a comic charater!
I begin to think that A. knows not really anything about Lara. If A. is not playing Lara in the third movie (if there will come one) I would not miss her. There are further actresses and A. is not the only one.
We should not forget that the job is acting (Lady) Lara Croft - not feed and glorify an actress. I guess Jessica Alba (Dark Angel) can do it.

eurisko
24th Aug 2003, 13:43
I suppose it depends on which interview you read and how much they chopped her answers together to make her sound a certain way. I've seen and read a number of interviews with her and she was pleased with playing Lara; she took the role because she was drawn to the strength and character of Lara (not (only?) because hubby played the games), she reprised the role because she wanted to since the first ended, she spoke to a number of people involved in the games in order to get to know Lara. But as I said, it just depends on what slant the editors want the interview to take, and a number of other factors.

DaveJ
28th Aug 2003, 13:03
Originally posted by midroth
Angelina did the first movie to impress Billy Bob (her Ex), well he played TR. After the first movie she said "Never again!". The second she did for the money she was needing.

Not true.
She signed a contract to do three and - ignoring biased edited magazine articles - she has always displayed a genuine interest in and affection for the character. Something that is very clear in her great performance in COL.

Originally posted by RebeL_fARmeR
What? What're you all looking at me for?

Because you're the kid who was opposed to ANYONE playing the role other than some coloured crayons on a sheet of acetate... or some characterless polygons in another tired CGI nightmare.

RebeL_fARmeR
28th Aug 2003, 13:15
Originally posted by DaveJ
Because you're the kid who was opposed to ANYONE playing the role other than some coloured crayons on a sheet of acetate... or some characterless polygons in another tired CGI nightmare.

Hi there, it's been so long, nice to see you too...

DaveJ
28th Aug 2003, 13:25
Wish I could say the same, sunshine....

RebeL_fARmeR
28th Aug 2003, 15:44
By the way, what's this "kid" thing all about? Would you like to expand on that?

DaveJ
28th Aug 2003, 15:47
No need really.
I suggest using the PM feature to avoid clogging up threads.

RebeL_fARmeR
28th Aug 2003, 16:07
Continue this is PM? Couldn't think of anything more undesirable.

(Looks outside) How ironic... it's raining... It's been dry the past 2 months though...

DaveJ
28th Aug 2003, 16:12
Thats up to you.
If you want to use the forum to throw your mud around on a personal level that has nothing to do with TR, then all power to you.

But you'll be doing it on your own.

dhama
28th Aug 2003, 17:23
OK guys, thats enough. ;)

RebeL_fARmeR
28th Aug 2003, 19:34
Originally posted by DaveJ
But you'll be doing it on your own.

What I actually meant was I hate dragging out irrelevant, pointless arguments longer than is necessary. I don't wanna carry on in the forum, I don't wanna carry on through PM, I don't wanna carry on over E-mail, I don't wanna carry on!

Maybe we could all find a way to sit cross-legged in front of the metaphorical fire and be happy and jolly and play together peacefully rather than going off with the grumble grumble, he started it, no I didn't, you smell, you've got big ears, you're a jerk, no, YOU're a jerk, NO, YOU'RE A JERK then out comes the beretta and someone gets killed but then it's too late to go back so they turn the gun on themselves but there aren't any bullets so they try to order some over the net but the supplier's out of stock and in a panic desperation you they throw themselves off the nearest balcony and then the prime minister finds out and he tells George Bush who then attacks Russia and the Russians nuke washington and Americal nukes @em back and before we know it all life on earth has ended all because 2 people who've never met don't get on too good.

................... It could happen... You never know!

dhama
28th Aug 2003, 21:20
An accurate thesis on perpetual anger RebeL_fARmeR. When vision is stifled, we feel anger :mad:: we've made our plan, decided to act, taken aim, and suddenly our plans are thwarted. We're told: “No, you can't!” Everything that said “Go” is now blocked. At times like this, we commonly feel anger and frustration and want to shout.........

But you seem to have grasped the futility of it all...I'm happy for you. :)

DaveJ
29th Aug 2003, 06:14
You really are in Tibet aren't you, dhama?

Now how about a big minty hug?

http://phaideaux1.homestead.com/files/joker.jpg