PDA

View Full Version : Body Armour

PDenton
21st Aug 2003, 11:27
This is just a little quirk with the original game, but did anyone else here ever wonder why the body armour ran out of power after a cretain amount of time. I can understand the thermoptic camo, because it had to create the image, however the armour should just stay on until it got shot to pieces.

Also I don't nderstand how a vest can add armour to the whole of your body. It could be better if there were separate pieces for the different locations on the body:

Head - a Helmet
Torso - Bullet proof vest
Arms - Gloves
Legs - Special Boots

W.C. Duck
21st Aug 2003, 11:30
amen to that.

agent008
21st Aug 2003, 13:21
hay what about covering the face? in most games and in real life i would aim for the face

operative x
22nd Aug 2003, 05:59
AGREED on the body armor thing. It bumed me out when the body armor had a time limit. And then when you tried to upgrade to the highest level of the body armor suite skill it still didn't help considerably. Just a waiste of skills.

Trevion
22nd Aug 2003, 07:27
Agreed. I tried using ballistic armor a couple of times and ended up deciding it was a waste of inventory space.

Ditto for environ suits and rebreathers. I used rebreathers a couple of places, but it seemed a little odd that I couldn't put an environ suit on for thirty seconds and then take it off again.

DarkPhoenix
7th Sep 2003, 02:00
I agree with you lot. I always thought it was pretty silly that ballistic armor would have a time limit anyways. I actually don't like the idea of a helmet, though. If Alex Denton is supposed to be an agent of some sort, that would be a bit too conspicuous. Maybe some sort of BioMod to thicken the skull or something could replace the helmet.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
8th Sep 2003, 08:37
don't know, I don't think I ever used a ballistic armor or even a hazmat suit (I'm not even sure the spelling is correct)

I always avoided confrontation with armed opponents, and counted more on healing aug than hazmat.

the armor had a time limit? (must be nanites half-life)