PDA

View Full Version : Invisible War- PS2??

jenjens69
20th Aug 2003, 17:19
Does anyone know if Deus Ex 2 will be on the PS2, or if its just X-Box and PC this time...?

Bloodstrike
20th Aug 2003, 17:53
Nope, Deus Ex: IW won't be on the PS2. But I read on ign.com a different game will come to the PS2 wich also takes place in the "Deus Ex-universe".

rynorunner
22nd Aug 2003, 21:02
hey bloodstrike your wrong it is coming out for ps2 just not this year next year. At e3 they said they'll try to make it for all plat -forms. :D

Bloodstrike
22nd Aug 2003, 21:35
rynorunner, I'm not wrong. Like I said, I read it in an article from ign.com: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/394/394787p1.html

"April 23, 2003 - As we reported earlier, there are rumors making their rounds around the online communities that Ion Storm, famed developer of the Deus Ex games and home of gaming god Warren Spector, is currently working on a PS2-exclusive game set in the Deus Ex universe. Well, although a contact at Ion Storm had heard nothing about it, and we're still waiting to hear back from a representative at Eidos, there is a news post on the official Playstation site that quotes a secret source from Eidos:
"DX2 will not be coming out on PS2…but we can tell you that Ion Storm is working on a secret game, also set in the Deus Ex universe, and exclusive to PS2. It's going to be very special indeed."

Does this imply that the game is positively in the works? No, but being on an official Sony site does have its merits. If anything, we'll be hearing more about this mysterious game at this year's E3. Stay tuned"

Maybe Ionstorm changed his mind, about making a complet new game for the PS2. And instead is trying to port DX: IW to the PS2.

esv
29th Aug 2003, 16:32
Content removed.

TehFreak
29th Aug 2003, 16:38
yay, dx2 gets kept pure

Outcast
29th Aug 2003, 19:04
If Bloodstrike has no idea what he is talking about, ignore the following. :D

Do realize, ESV, that Deus EX 2 is in the Top Three of the Most Technologically Advanced Games in Existence. Only DOOM III and possibly Half-Life 2 can claim graphical superiority. Now, you see, the PlayStation 2 is inferior to the Xbox and GameCube in general power, and it woudl be unable to support the power of Deus Ex. To "dumb it down," as it were, would mean stripping away a hell of a lot of stuff, and the end project would not be fit to bear the Eidos Seal of Approval, or whatever they might have. :) (Personally, I don't think GCN is even good enough for DX: IV.)

Now, so that PS2 users would not be left out, Ion Storm and Eidos have kindly begun work on a new game for them, which should push the limits of the PlayStation 2, and fill us Xbox and PC users with awe and envy.

Now, as for the words of hatred against Microsoft, Ion Storm, and Eidos: Microsoft had nothing to do with the decision. The PC is open to any developer, the Xbox was simply a logical decision, and if Microsoft had been up to something, you'd think they'd be able to keep it off the GameCube.

And to the defense of Ion Storm and Eidos: the publishers and developers of the game you bought "just a few days after it hit the shops" must have made quite an impression, if for you Deus Ex: Invisible War has resulted in "years of waiting". And it's doubtable that the developers and publishers of a game that received more than thirty-five Game of the Year awards "must be retarded".

My two cents. I love you Ion Storm, Eidos, and, to a lesser extent, Microsoft!

esv
29th Aug 2003, 19:27
Originally posted by Outcast
If Bloodstrike has no idea what he is talking about, ignore the following. :D

Do realize, ESV, that Deus EX 2 is in the Top Three of the Most Technologically Advanced Games in Existence. Only DOOM III and possibly Half-Life 2 can claim graphical superiority. Now, you see, the PlayStation 2 is inferior to the Xbox and GameCube in general power, and it woudl be unable to support the power of Deus Ex. To "dumb it down," as it were, would mean stripping away a hell of a lot of stuff, and the end project would not be fit to bear the Eidos Seal of Approval, or whatever they might have. :) (Personally, I don't think GCN is even good enough for DX: IV.)

Now, so that PS2 users would not be left out, Ion Storm and Eidos have kindly begun work on a new game for them, which should push the limits of the PlayStation 2, and fill us Xbox and PC users with awe and envy.

Now, as for the words of hatred against Microsoft, Ion Storm, and Eidos: Microsoft had nothing to do with the decision. The PC is open to any developer, the Xbox was simply a logical decision, and if Microsoft had been up to something, you'd think they'd be able to keep it off the GameCube.

And to the defense of Ion Storm and Eidos: the publishers and developers of the game you bought "just a few days after it hit the shops" must have made quite an impression, if for you Deus Ex: Invisible War has resulted in "years of waiting". And it's doubtable that the developers and publishers of a game that received more than thirty-five Game of the Year awards "must be retarded".

My two cents. I love you Ion Storm, Eidos, and, to a lesser extent, Microsoft!

Bah, damn you and you logic :p

It just bugs me how unless you get a new PC every copule of months you cant use half the new games that come out. Developers are always trying to push the limits of graphics\gameplay etc. and although that is a good thing, it also leaves so many people behind. Games like C&C Generals for example, which require rediculous specifications to run properly, just bug the hell outta me. I just think that developers should realise that not everyone can afford to keep up with every technological leap.

Picasso
29th Aug 2003, 19:28
im not gonna be able to play DX2. PC and Xbox exclusive!

Go over to Ion Storm's official forums and take a look at all the people who are pissed that it's coming to any console at all.

Edit:

I just think that developers should realise that not everyone can afford to keep up with every technological leap.

It's really not that bad. I spent $500 on my gaming rig last February. Since then it's been able to play anything I throw at it beautifully. I've just finished with Raven Shield and Vice City, and gotten superb performance with all settings maxed in both. I'm expecting it to run DX2, Thief 3 and Half-Life 2 well, not to mention Doom 3 (which I have zero interest in, but still).

I'm not worried about upgradability, seeing as how my motherboard can still handle any AMD processor or video card out there right now. I'm not expecting I'll NEED to upgrade for another year. Hell, when you combine that with all the crap that my computer can do that no console can, I think I'm getting a better deal than any console.

I have an Xbox, and I like it, mostly. I wish there were some better games out, but it's alright. And I don't spend nearly as much time gaming on it as I do my PC.

esv
29th Aug 2003, 20:48
Originally posted by Picasso
It's really not that bad. I spent $500 on my gaming rig last February. Since then it's been able to play anything I throw at it beautifully. I've just finished with Raven Shield and Vice City, and gotten superb performance with all settings maxed in both. I'm expecting it to run DX2, Thief 3 and Half-Life 2 well, not to mention Doom 3 (which I have zero interest in, but still) [/B]

I know its not a huge amount of money, but for me, I only buy a couple of games per year and its not worth upgrading just for a few games.

Lawnboy360
29th Aug 2003, 22:21
Comment removed since it refers to a deleted post and makes no sense without that context. For the record, the comment in of itself was a tasteful and well-directed comeback.
Catman

Bloodstrike
30th Aug 2003, 00:30
Outcast, I also think that it's impossible to port DX:IW over to the PS2 and I know what I'm talking about. I'm just saying, I'm not a hardcore fan who's tracking every news on the Internet and knows everthing about what Ionstrom is doing. If i hear something interesting DX related, I post it. This doesn't mean that the words I posted are my own thoughts. In the beginning it was even announced that DX:IW would come to the PS2. Everybody know that and everybody also know that it couldn't be done without sacrificing a lot. So that was cancelled.

But if Ionstorm is really concidering to make a unique "Deus Ex"-game for the PS2, what kind of game will it be? Will it be like a mix between DX and DX:IW? What is the story and will it be another sequal or a prequal? Or will it be a sequal wich uses a different "ending" from DX.
I know most people here are pc gamers and DX:IW isn't done yet and this other game hasn't even been officially announced. But are there people interested in this other "DX"-game for the PS2.

But what about the Gamecube?? lol

exo
30th Aug 2003, 02:03
Hhahaha

I like how he said "Possibly Half-life 2"

hahhahahhahahha

Like there was any doubt.

esv
30th Aug 2003, 10:11
The PS2 dominates the games market. Sales alone show that. But the Xbox is obviously the superior console in power terms. Amazon are selling them for only £119.99/$179.99!! I think im just gonna get one so i can play DX2 :cool:

TehFreak
30th Aug 2003, 10:24
Originally posted by rynorunner
...nothing is better than playstation 2 the best console ever made hands down the god of all game consoles. except that it's not. it may well have a better range of games/market dominance, but it quite obviously is technologically inferior to the x-box. in any case, the appalling graphics hurt me so badly

Godwin
30th Aug 2003, 10:27
maintaining a computer... expensive!?

give me a break. a brand new top-of-the-range computer can last you at least 2 years before any upgrading

and its really dumb, this screw xbox thing, you're just jealous that it IS technically the most powerful console, and you dont want to dump your good old playstation two, because you cant afford it, and what's this, you cant afford PS3 when it is announced either

personally, that's why i think all consoles suck, just get a bloody PC with a proper broadband internet connection, get games, play games, play online

esv
30th Aug 2003, 10:47
Originally posted by Godwin
maintaining a computer... expensive!?

give me a break. a brand new top-of-the-range computer can last you at least 2 years before any upgrading

and its really dumb, this screw xbox thing, you're just jealous that it IS technically the most powerful console, and you dont want to dump your good old playstation two, because you cant afford it, and what's this, you cant afford PS3 when it is announced either

personally, that's why i think all consoles suck, just get a bloody PC with a proper broadband internet connection, get games, play games, play online

Games consoles last years longer than PC's. Easily. And two years? Hell no. If i bought a 3GHZ puta, with a gig of RAM and maybe a 256MB graphics card, it'll be out of date in 9 months....

TehFreak
30th Aug 2003, 10:55
there's a difference between having hardware that's been surparsed, and hardware that will own games for the next couple of years...

Picasso
30th Aug 2003, 17:28
If i bought a 3GHZ puta, with a gig of RAM and maybe a 256MB graphics card, it'll be out of date in 9 months....

Define "out of date". I'm not sure exactly what you're asserting here.

Bio Denton
30th Aug 2003, 21:08
Originally posted by Lawnboy360
Comment removed since it refers to a deleted post and makes no sense without that context. For the record, the comment in of itself was a tasteful and well-directed comeback.
Catman

lol

Bio Denton
30th Aug 2003, 21:11
Originally posted by esv
The PS2 dominates the games market. Sales alone show that. But the Xbox is obviously the superior console in power terms. Amazon are selling them for only £119.99/$179.99!! I think im just gonna get one so i can play DX2 :cool:

PS2 does dominate the console world, but FPS games are virtually unplayable on it. Sure you can get to grips with the concept and controls, but it just doesn't work. The XBox controller is somewhat better, but still doesn't cut it.

JAGedlion
1st Sep 2003, 05:38
Although Moore's law seems always to have the upper hand, and games always "push the envelope" does not mean that computers go out of date close to as fast as some of you think. Fact is every three or so years another console comes out so consoles are out of date every three years more or less no matter what. Computers on the other hand can merely decrease the graphics on the game. You'd be amazed at how long a computer will last if kept up to date. I have a friend with an athlon 1800 and a radeon 7000, now belive me thats not very good but yet, It plays anything you throw at it! Plus as soon as it doesn't, plop down a hundred to two hundred dollars and get a new gfx card and BAM its like a bran new machine. You never need close to the top of the line to play games, it is only neccessary when graphics are set to 1600x1200 with 64 bit color and 8 aa and fsaa that you need that 9800 and 3 ghz.

Oh yea, and I'm not sure but the X-box is very PC-like, hell you can run linux on it, even upgrade its memory if your good with a soldering iron! As such I can imagine that porting X-box to PC would be damn easy. Plus microsoft makes the x-box and direct x so even on that front porting would be easiest to the x-box.

psychotic124
29th Feb 2004, 03:36
I would seriously do almost anything for this game. I want it so bad! But, I don't have an xbox, and my vid card is only 64mb :(. I would buy an xbox just for this game, believe me, I would, but everyone on amazon says the hard drive crashes and you need to buy a new one after about a year on the xbox. That blows. I don't have $300 to waiste every year. I wish this was on ps2 :(

Jock
1st Mar 2004, 06:55
Originally posted by psychotic124
I would seriously do almost anything for this game. I want it so bad! But, I don't have an xbox, and my vid card is only 64mb :(. I would buy an xbox just for this game, believe me, I would, but everyone on amazon says the hard drive crashes and you need to buy a new one after about a year on the xbox. That blows. I don't have $300 to waiste every year. I wish this was on ps2 :(

Dont trust them, Mine has worked since... well whenever it was launched.

psychotic124
1st Mar 2004, 18:23
I never thought this would happen.. buttttttttt...............

I bought an xbox yesterday for $100 lol

I don't have any cash to buy deus ex :(

cavedude03
6th Mar 2004, 18:05
Sony announced that most games out there have not even come close to using the power that the PS2 "emotion engine" can handle so I wouldn't put down the capabilities of the PS2 handling something like DX-IW. And if Ion Storm is really in the market to put another DX Universe type game out there, then I'm sure they're way capable of making it just as good as an XBOX game.

Pooeypants
7th Mar 2004, 02:08
Originally posted by psychotic124
That's complete bullcrap, does your PC hard drive breakdown fatally every year?