PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: One Time Password

Sasuke_
14th Jun 2013, 21:24
If you can't get into the ps3 beta because you do not have a one time password than I maybe able to help. First when you got the code you might not haven noticed that there is a link right above or below the ps3 code. That link will guide you towards happiness and glorious exploration in XIV. After you click that link choose make new account and from there READ the guidelines and they will bring you to victory. Good luck

sarasblade
15th Jun 2013, 21:37
I have looked and I just tried your link but that also requires a Emerency Removal Paasword.

Dalejandro72
15th Jun 2013, 21:45
this is happening to me also... when you sign up to square enix they dont make you a one time code.. so its so confusing

sleepyeyes
15th Jun 2013, 21:53
I remember having to enable one-time passwords on mine, and I got the iphone app. Sarasblade, maybe if you just try using the forgot password option to recover your account. Then, start over, and make sure you don't require a one-time password.

moooka
16th Jun 2013, 01:59
I just leave it blank and login successfully.

Grimoire
16th Jun 2013, 03:51
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

---

[Before posting a new thread...] (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29966925/Before_posting_a_new_thread...)

Stelthhunterpyro
16th Jun 2013, 14:51
hmm i cant log in either i never use the one time pass on anygame i make sure it's off. i also dont remember setting uo an Emergency pass, the phrase is even new to me never heard of any thng like that. yet i cant disable the 1time pass cuz i need an E -pass.

17th Jun 2013, 16:41
Registering the code to my square enix account still requires a one time password to access the site. How did you get around that?

member_10454670
17th Jun 2013, 16:43

"How do I remove the Square Enix Security Token from my account?"

To remove the security token, log into the Square Enix Account Management System and go to "Services/Options"->"One-Time Password"-> "Security Token Usage Settings"->"Security Token Removal."

After removing the Security Token, you will not need to enter a one-time password when you log in.

* After removing a Security Token, you will not be able to use it again. If you wish to use a Security Token in the future, you will need to purchase a new one.

* When the character is registered to a PlayOnline ID that uses a Mog Satchel in Final Fantasy XI, the Security Token can be used even after removing it. After removing the Security Token from a PlayOnline ID, the characters on that ID will not be able to use the Mog Satchel.

17th Jun 2013, 16:47
That's my problem I have never added a token to my account, and the Square Enix Account Management System is requiring one to log in.

member_10454670
17th Jun 2013, 17:03
That's my problem I have never added a token to my account, and the Square Enix Account Management System is requiring one to log in.

Ah, sorry - I didn't read the post correctly then. Have you tried resetting the password from the SQEX login site?

17th Jun 2013, 17:10
Yes, I changed my password to ensure authenticity. I can log in to my square enix account just fine, but I cannot access the management system because of these (awful) one time passwords. I have tried logging in with both my SE ID and the e-mail attached to the same account while leaving the one time password blank. Neither of these have worked, and I am running out of ideas. I do not mean to be a burden with my inquiries, I simply want to have a look at the game.

HF.f1Aw
17th Jun 2013, 17:11
IGNORE THE ONE TIME PASSWORD. It's not required to login. if you are having problems logging in then please make sure you are typing all of the characters correctly as it is case sensitive.

banter
17th Jun 2013, 17:43
I've tried ignoring the password and I've made sure that I'm typing everything correctly (changed password, etc.). I still can't get past the one time password. I downloaded the app on my iphone for it and it needs a one time password to get it to work. Wtf?

member_10454670
17th Jun 2013, 17:55
I've been digging around and can't find anything specifically related to this problem. The closest I did get was an emergency removal site that may or may not address the issue. URL: secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/c... (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/coercioncan)

This is looking like a SQEX Support required resolution.

dreamersdreams
19th Jun 2013, 23:34
I as well am having the same problem. Perhaps I'm just really stupid, but I can't figure this whole thing out! I did everything the same as the op, but I have no way of getting into my account, and this is utterly confusing! I really want to play this game! Can we please get some help? I'm sure we're not the only ones out there who are pulling their hair out because of this.

Passthemilk
20th Jun 2013, 18:47
I am having the EXACT same problem. I don't know what is going wrong.

Abrontes80
20th Jun 2013, 23:34
Here's the solution guys. For those getting the invalid username and password. Register here: www.square-enix.com/na/account. You can use the same email, username and password. And leave the 1 time password blank.

I had the same problem. I registered at na.square-enix.com and for some reason it doesn't recognize you're username and password there.

So again, go to www.square-enix.com/na/account And register there. It should work

dreamersdreams
25th Jun 2013, 20:32
still not working bleh..... I really wanna play this beta, but this one-time password nonsence is making me just wanna forget about the whole game.

ajheiden
25th Jun 2013, 20:39
still not working bleh..... I really wanna play this beta, but this one-time password nonsence is making me just wanna forget about the whole game.

I've been having th is problem too. Going to give it a shot.

dreamersdreams
25th Jun 2013, 20:53
I'm entering all my info in the correct manner! this is just stupid how hard it is to just get logged in!

Shorinjin
25th Jun 2013, 21:59
I feel like they could not have made this harder to create an account and login to the beta if they tried. This is so frustrating as I first tried to make an account using the links on the ps3 and it told me my email was already in use. So I figured OK I'll go back and chose use existing account but wait... there's no back button had to quit to the home screen start up the beta again and this time I am stuck with the dreaded "one time password" which I can not create because I do not have a registered copy of FFXIV installed to my profile. So how do I use the beta code to link the game?? Also has anyone found a way to just bypass the entry of the one time password as I have reset my account password and verified it through my email. I can login fine to both the account manager and the main square site with my username just can not for the life of me figure out how to get the one time password app on my phone to work. I would love to try out this game on PS3 as I have played almost every other FF. Please help.

sushibar7
27th Jun 2013, 16:55
I'm having the exact same problem myself. I just got the email to beta test today. Installed no problem. ONE TIME PASSWORD?! After 3 solid hours of searching I can't figure out how to get one without purchasing one of the Tokens, and that may not even work. I've tried everything that has been listed on this thread before I even read it. Can not login to Account management without one time password and there is virtually no way to obtain one. This is the most faulty system ever. I'll be sending out a support email here, if I here of how to fix this I'll post again. Please if anyone found out an anwer let us know.

sushibar7
27th Jun 2013, 17:07
Well... nevermind support help. I can't even send an email to them without a friggn' one time password.

member_10329371
27th Jun 2013, 17:41
If any of you are on PS3 like myself then everything can be done via ps3. Enter the beta code first via the redeem code option and it will install the launcher. Launch the game and it should install the client. CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT (really difficult working with the old one at least for me) and it will ask for the promotion code that was also in the email. You should be good to go after. Nothing needs to be done online using the computer and the one time password is not an issue like the email tricks you into believing.

Link_2112
27th Jun 2013, 18:42
I got caught up at this part too. I thought it was the 1time password too, but I just logged in without one. I had been trying to put in the info I used to login to this site, which is not what you use to log into the PS3.

Here's what I did to get in:

I went to a page on this domain - secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/l... (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account)

and found that I couldn't log in. So on that same page I used the link for 'forgot your password'. Had them send me an email and went to the link provided in the email.

It's a page to reset my password, and even had a place to write in a 1time password. Thinking I needed to, I made one up, and hit submit. It successfully changed so I went back to the ps3 and put in that info I just reset. I included the 1time password I created but it gave an error. I tried again without the 1time password and it let me in!!

The email didn't tell me what my username was, but it happened to be my usual one. So if you can't log, then you are not using the right un/pw. There is no fault in the system.

I hope this is all you guys need to do. Good luck.

youngpeezy
28th Jun 2013, 09:44
Here's the solution guys. For those getting the invalid username and password. Register here: www.square-enix.com/na/account. You can use the same email, username and password. And leave the 1 time password blank. I had the same problem. I registered at na.square-enix.com and for some reason it doesn't recognize you're username and password there. So again, go to www.square-enix.com/na/account And register there. It should work

This worked for me and completely solved my issue...you sir are a God send...thanks