PDA

View Full Version : How do I set a trapdoor and switch on same square?

marty
19th Aug 2003, 17:02
I have a problem trying to set up a trapdoor:

I have a room with a shaft going down, where a trapdoor is placed at the top of the shaft, which lara can stand on from above.
What I want to do is have Lara pull a switch and the trapdoor activates and she falls down the shaft.

The thing is nothing happens when the switch is pulled.
I have tried extending the floor of the room downwards so the shaft is part of the same room, but I then need to place a dummy trigger, and I can't place the dummy trigger and the switch on the same square.....If I make the shaft as a separate room with the trapdoor at the top, Lara can then stand on the trapdor from the room above, but can't activate it.

I have seen this done in TR1, so I assume it's possible, so what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks.

dhama
19th Aug 2003, 17:10
As I remember it, the switch in TR1 was a dummy switch, and when you entered the alcove, a trap door dropped you into a room with wolves? or dogs or something.... you could try placing the trigger on the ceiling, but i've never tried this myself.

marty
19th Aug 2003, 18:46
Thanx dhama....I was placing the trigger in the room below...putting it on the ceiling works:)

There was a dummy switch in Tomb of Qualopec where you fell into a room with wolves, but there was a working switch with a trapdoor beneath it, in City of Vilcabamba....near the end of the level just past the swinging axes!

dhama
19th Aug 2003, 19:33
Originally posted by marty
There was a dummy switch in Tomb of Qualopec where you fell into a room with wolves, but there was a working switch with a trapdoor beneath it, in City of Vilcabamba....near the end of the level just past the swinging axes!

Ah yes... :D I must be getting old, my poor dendrites are not what they used to be..not what they used to be.. not what they used to be.. my poor den..... yer see; i'm almost senile as well... now where's my cocoa.. :)