PDA

View Full Version : Double Standard

jso2897
17th Aug 2003, 22:32
The game reviewers and others seem to have a double standard. I just bought GTA3, and have played it some. This was a game that the game reviewers and "serious" gamers raved about - and talk about bugs! Constant slowdowns, graphical glitches, nightmarish controls (you have to switch back and forth from keypad to mouselook when driving vs walking, among many absurdities) - this game's a mess! It's fun anyway, and I'm enjoying playing it - but if the same people who took AOD apart piece by piece had subjected this plotless, glitchy, and socially irresponsible mishmosh to the same standard - well, they wouldn't have made such a whoop about it. Just goes to show what crooks the game reviewers are.:D

LARAMANIAC
17th Aug 2003, 22:40
I never trust games reviewers or film critics! I buy a product because I want to, not because someone who is being paid to do so, gives me their opinion! "I don't care what you think!!!" :p

eurisko
18th Aug 2003, 03:03
I couldn't give a f---ing ant's birthday party what games reviewers say about games. Or most people, for that matter. It's just opinions, paid or not. LARAMANIAC, you've said it best: "I don't care what you think!!!"

Lara Croft Online
18th Aug 2003, 06:07
Who hires these people? Must be family or somthing :rolleyes:

LARAMANIAC
18th Aug 2003, 14:40
In fact, why does this job even exist???? :p

AndrewIII
19th Aug 2003, 00:12
No, its not a double standard. Have you personally played GTA3 on the PS2? If you haven't you'd be quite suprised on how the game holds up compared to AoD.

jso2897
19th Aug 2003, 00:30
No. Just on PC - the same PC. Haven't played real far into either, but TRAOD has performed a tad better so far. Both games were better after being patched.