PDA

View Full Version : Crashes at Fort Condor 2nd battle

adejos
17th Aug 2003, 03:23
For some reason, the game always crashes in the middle of the battle at fort condor. Usually about 4 min into the battle or somewhere around there. It happens on both of my pcs, at about the exact same time, chances are it is at the exact same time but anywayz, had this happened to anyone else or is it my stupid ass copy of the game?

Rengar
17th Aug 2003, 03:58
First that I've heard of it.

You can try it in Basic sound acceleration mode. Type dxdiag (the 'run' menu of windows), and go to the Sound Tab...there is a slider there.

You can see if it will crash in quarter screen mode.

Or I guess you can try to win the battles faster....if you can get a thingy icon (soldier or whatever) to the bottom of the map/hill... you'll win. It's the fastest way to win that sidegame.

who knows...it may even be the computer going into sleep mode or something....screensaver? or virus scan?...but I find all of these to be unlikely.

adejos
17th Aug 2003, 04:54
Originally posted by Rengar
...I guess you can try to win the battles faster....if you can get a thingy icon (soldier or whatever) to the bottom of the map/hill... you'll win. It's the fastest way to win that sidegame.

Wouldn't that only apply to the Sidegame at Gold Saucer, cuz this is the Return to Fort Condor fight, the "Required" one.

halo_halox
18th Aug 2003, 23:36
I had the same problem when I played the game with Fury Maxx:p However, my voodoo2 and gf4ti4600 work without any problem. Maybe you can use software renderer mode.

Rengar
19th Aug 2003, 18:33
I wonder if the boss of that game is causing the crash? Could be that that little piece of data is corrupt. And causes the game to crash when he comes out.

adejos
21st Aug 2003, 09:05
It can't be the boss cuz it happens like 4 minutes into the game. it takes like 10 min for the boss to come out.

Rengar
21st Aug 2003, 15:36
Well if the dxdiag suggestion didn't work or quarter screen mode....I guess it's just your copy of the game.

I can't think of anything else to try. It's not a common type of crash.

Running the game in Quarter screen mode would usually work for crashes with the Sub game and the Snowboard one....but not always.