PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Concerning Friends

You15
15th Jun 2013, 13:41
how do you add people

whitecloud197
22nd Jun 2013, 12:38
I have an Original Character from XIV, she has 3 Level 50 Jobs.....
the friends im going to be playing with in ARR are new, dont yet have accounts.

Am I going to be able to world transfer to where they are playing when this game goes live ? or are they going to be able to create characters in my world I am currently In ?

It would be a great Shame if i cannot play with my RL Friends in this game because were seperated by being in a different world. and I do not want to re do another character.

x3Noctis
22nd Jun 2013, 13:40
Since you're a Legacy player, you're able to transfer to any Legacy server, however, you can not transfer to any of the new servers. Economic reasons. Although your friends can transfer to any Legacy servers assuming they're all new players/new accounts/ and not Legacy players.

Grimoire
23rd Jun 2013, 06:14
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

---

[Before posting a new thread...] (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29966925/Before_posting_a_new_thread...)

MidnightEclipseX
4th Jul 2013, 08:56
I would like to add people on the beta to help them on quest and or get help on certain things in the game.

Mattallica9
13th Aug 2013, 18:00
Hi everyone, I was thinking of playing as a thaumaturge on FFXIV: ARR when it comes out but my friend will be playing as an archer. These two classes start in different areas don't they? Does this mean that I will have to travel to Gridania to play with him meaning that I would have to complete all of the quests in Ul'dah before having any to do in Gridania? I was thinking that I could start as another class that starts in Gridania and change later but I realised that I would have to travel to Ul'dah to unlock the thaumaturge and It would be a waste of time doing loads of quests on a class that I don't want to play as. :scratch:

Goosecok
18th Aug 2013, 22:15
I really hope they add something to where you can just find your friends from your PSN friends list. Pointless to have just an entire character base just to search for someone you can easily find by just adding a PSN friends list feature.

Ruddegga
24th Aug 2013, 19:40
A group of my friends all play on moogle, and I cant make a char there. why am I playing an mmo if I cant play with friends? :/

Demi__God
24th Aug 2013, 19:46
Square Enix - ruining a game, completely overhauling and remaking it just to have it fail again since 2010.

Maribo
24th Aug 2013, 20:06
yeah im trying to get on Cactaur where all my friends are... this sucks...

why have a limitation cap on servers like that...

Ruddegga
24th Aug 2013, 20:09
does anybody know if they will let us transfer if make a char on a diff server, and if so, when?

Lars18th
24th Aug 2013, 20:11
Dude, I played with my friends through all betas in Leviathan, bought the pre-release package months ago, only to end up locked out of it while all the people that joined the game with me are in there now playing, while I am here like a clown looking through forums for a solution because there is no customer service.

Balderach
24th Aug 2013, 20:18
Please open the severs!!!!! I just want to make a character on the same server as my friends seriously lol

Kiritos
24th Aug 2013, 23:11
Limitations and balancing servers will be happening for a while, only thing I can suggest is move all of you guys to another server :-\ . You can join me on Diabolos! :) it is rumored that more servers are to come in the "near future" who knows how long that is but also an increase in the cap

Swiftray
24th Aug 2013, 23:17
Square Enix - ruining a game, completely overhauling and remaking it just to have it fail again since 2010.

If u think Square Enix is a bad publisher and this would be a reason for qq in forums: please leave. I heared about a game called WoW, it would perfectly match to you.

Lars18th
25th Aug 2013, 00:09
If u think Square Enix is a bad publisher and this would be a reason for qq in forums: please leave. I heared about a game called WoW, it would perfectly match to you.

If you think Square is doing a great job by:
- Opening pre-release service when customer service is closed/off.
- Ignoring paying customers that are having trouble accessing the product they purchased
- Locking people out of servers where their friends are playing to "balance" population
- Having horrendous server uptime when they know damn well the exact size of the playerbase

It might be time to change those glasses...

judknight
30th Aug 2013, 15:07
ok so me and my mate are in the same world, tried adding as friends and neither showed up, tried meeting couldn't see each other. anyone know a way forward?

Hippy_Pickle
30th Aug 2013, 15:09
I gather you've tried this while you are both logged in? You need to search on their full in game name and if you're on the same server at the same time it should find them. It doesn't work if the friend you're trying to add is not online.

KandiKasumi
5th Sep 2013, 05:08
Hi there! Just looking for some people to play FFXIV with me. I play before work and after work usually 10am to 2pm and then 1130pm to 3 or 4am eastern time I think. I'm on the ps3 so add my psn. xFRAG_HAPPYx I know a bit about the game so if you want help with quests or building a character I have knowledge with that. Quest wise I can help with the beginner quests. I'm on tonight! Hope to have some pals soon! Thanks!

Kasumi

Hippy_Pickle
5th Sep 2013, 07:23
Hey there KandiKasumi, what region are you and what server are you currently playing on? Feel free to chuck me a PSN FR, my ID is in my sig :)

KandiKasumi
5th Sep 2013, 15:21
I have 3 chars right now, I have one stuck on the Japanese servers I want to move over to the US servers. I am on lamia and the midgar one. It has a weird name. Midgar some thing. I'm US. I'll add your psn any way, can't hurt. ^_^

Hippy_Pickle
5th Sep 2013, 15:38
I've got 2 toons at the min, my main one on Odin (EU) and my 2nd on Ridill (JP Legacy)

grunten
11th Sep 2013, 23:56
this game is awesome loving every second but i have to pry myself away from it constantly so i don't hit the level cap before the month is out haha. one thing i found confusing was after i had left a dungeon and realized i would like to add those people to my friends list, i would go back threw my chat window click their name and invite to friends list. but it comes up with "character can not be located" im not sure what is going on here or if they only allow you to add a person to your list if they are in the immediate area but whatever it is needs to be improved or changed i met a bunch of GREAT people we spent around 10 minutes after the dungeon talking about different novels, favorite tv shows. it is mostly my fault for not thinking to add them then and their but feeling pretty bummed about it =[

Gomly1980
12th Sep 2013, 00:08
The dungeons are cross realm.

You will have been trying to add people from a different server to yourself.

grunten
12th Sep 2013, 00:15
ahh cheers man tried searching on google before to see if that was the case but couldnt find anything.

Gomly1980
12th Sep 2013, 00:36
No worries.

I ran into the same thing myself before I found out.

Vinylkiller
10th Sep 2014, 20:07
Getting the game tomorrow, I am a Scottish player. Played ffxi online before and wanted to get a friend or friends to play online. Saw the friend request deal and hopefully me and a player can get the experience bonus as I will be registering this tomorrow.

Any help is appreciated ;)

Theodor70941
11th Sep 2014, 08:34
Getting the game tomorrow, I am a Scottish player. Played ffxi online before and wanted to get a friend or friends to play online. Saw the friend request deal and hopefully me and a player can get the experience bonus as I will be registering this tomorrow.

Any help is appreciated ;)

I've had the game since launch, I don't know how the friend recruit system works. Your friends will still need to buy game time to make it work.

Anyways, here's a video going in detail of how the system works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-OAaOIlLFs