PDA

View Full Version : Who cares if Defiance is delayed?

LOKFan
15th Aug 2003, 06:07
I was wondering who here does care if Defiance is delayed.

I personally don't, I hope they take all the time they need to put everything in it and we don't end up with what happened in the SRs.

Zephonim
15th Aug 2003, 07:01
I dont want too much cut from the game and i at least have the patience to stretch to December :D

Chubben
15th Aug 2003, 07:08
I want them to take all the time they need.
But I do want them to give a demo or something. Cause then I can play that 1 thousand times before the real thing comes out.
( Or more trailers, watched these three over and over and over and..... )

L_Master562
15th Aug 2003, 07:57
2 trailers and a demo. Yeah, I'll wait. I want to see a game were it was pushed to what it was supposed to be.

Sade Lyrate
15th Aug 2003, 08:19
Originally posted by Zephonim
I dont want too much cut from the game and i at least have the patience to stretch to December :D

...And I'm quite willing to wait to the December of 2004 ...

Yours,

Matt from Spam Buddies
15th Aug 2003, 09:16
I want CD to take all the time they need. All of it.

I dont' want to see LOK-D suffer the TR-AOD syndrome.

LOK-D is one of the most important events in my gaming life. It even promises to surpass the great BO-LOK.

So I really don't want a half-finished game. Take all the time, all the time you need.

I don't know, December 2004 is maybe too much, but I'm willing to wait until summer 2004. :)

- Matthew

ViperXtreme
15th Aug 2003, 09:44
i can wait until next year as long there would be really a PC version(and some PC exclusives) and they release some trailers and specially a PC demo. BTW, i voted for "other"

NightChyld
15th Aug 2003, 12:41
Would it even be a Legacy of Kain game if it wasn't delayed atleast twice?

Umah Bloodomen
15th Aug 2003, 13:42
It will come out eventually. No sense getting one's panties all in a bunch, IMO. ;)

hippiechk
15th Aug 2003, 17:42
All games have edits and cuts. It's the nature of the beast.
But I agree that they should take all the time they need to give us the most complete LOK game ever. I am extremely patient when it comes to quality. So I will be more than happy to wait for what I expect will be the best game of the series.

Matt from Spam Buddies
15th Aug 2003, 18:01
Originally posted by hippiechk
I am extremely patient when it comes to quality.

You said it, sis! Same here.

And yes, I'm willing to wait longer, because if LOK-D will be even better than BO-LOK, then this game will most probably shape up to be my favourite game... uh... ever! :)

- Matthew

Lady_D
15th Aug 2003, 18:14
I, for one am willing to wait for the game itself, until they have it perfect. I DO NOT want any of the storyline of the game, or the cinematics cut in order to get the game out faster. That is as long as I have access to more trailers and media of the game while I wait-I have to feed my Raziel addiction ya know :D

Baby_drew
15th Aug 2003, 19:37
I just want to temper this message, obviously we all want this game to be great and completed but endless delays like their were with Tomb Radier are unacceptable. If it is clear that the deadline is completely unrealistic then it should never be issued.

As a Media Student I am shocked at the delays many games suffer, in any other media indsutry this would not be tolerated. If gaming is to become a mainstream media platform it must deliver its promises!

jsnmcdrmd
15th Aug 2003, 21:09
Granted to those that feel that a deadline is dead line. To the rest that, as I do, feel that if Crystal needs more time to get it right then so be it. They have controll, not us. And they'll release something if not the actual product when they say they will. WE have no power. I only hope that with power out that it hasn't caused complications. Hopefully they'll honour us with a demo and then release the game in continous from there. At least with screen shots every week and eventually with trailers every month.

Cheers,
Jsn.
PS Any action figures coming our way?

Dark God Francisco
15th Aug 2003, 21:26
I don't want a delay unless there is a good reason so far it seems defiance will be completed on time and with no cuts.

TheElderGodofNosgoth
15th Aug 2003, 21:40
Chances are that if it is delayed it is for a good reason. TR: AoD was delayed for about 6 mounths and the game still had bugs. I would hate to have seen it in its incarnation back in December.

Baby_drew
15th Aug 2003, 21:57
Obviously TR:AOD was delayed for good reasons - what i meant (in my earlier post) is that its not good enough for us the consumer. If it is clear that the deadline can not be met it should not be issued.

Also if it is issued and then for unexpected reasons the game is delayed then extra team memebers must be drafted in to speed along the delay. This is how it works in all other media industires - why not computer games?

and as for no power we have all the power! if the consumer is upset they dont buy and companies go bust! Tomb Raider a clear illustration!

Zephonim
15th Aug 2003, 23:12
the only reason tr.aod was released with bugs is because C.D didnt make it and i really believe i will see Defiance before X-mas
(dont ask me how i can just feel it)

Umah Bloodomen
16th Aug 2003, 00:32
Originally posted by Zephonim
the only reason tr.aod was released with bugs is because C.D didnt make it and i really believe i will see Defiance before X-mas
(dont ask me how i can just feel it)

It's a little more indepth than that.

Xyline
16th Aug 2003, 00:49
I'd like them to take their time, but we wouldn't even be waiting for this game if they hadn't rushed and changed the ending to the first one. Besides, what would blinc do with his free time if there was nothing cut from the game? :D

Umah Bloodomen
16th Aug 2003, 00:58
Get some much needed rest. ;)

Apocrypha Roxy
16th Aug 2003, 04:51
Originally posted by Matt from Spam Buddies
I don't know, December 2004 is maybe too much, but I'm willing to wait until summer 2004. :)

- Matthew

Hush, you! You're gettin' it before the rest of Europe!!! SSSH don't tell nobody!

:D

CrackityJones
16th Aug 2003, 06:07
Please please please don't pull another Blood Omen 2. As it is, I won't be buying the game when it comes out. I'm gonna wait a week or so to see if anybody on this board has encountered any bugs. I can't afford to waste $50. Take as long as you need to put out a finished product or this might be the last Legacy of Kain game I take a chance on.

Matt from Spam Buddies
16th Aug 2003, 09:34
I think you're not going to be disappointed in LOK-D.

And even if it wont be all that good we are hoping for (which it will be, because LOK-D will ROCK!!! :D) then I think you should still get it.

I mean, it's LOK-D, man! :D
Worth every penny.

- Matthew

fneh
16th Aug 2003, 11:41
I want it NOW. I've waited too long. SR2 took about 3 days to complete. There was more cut scenes then gameplay.

I DON'T want it to be rushed though. While I want it now I'd be prepared to wait if it ended on ANOTHER cliff hanger like the last one.

When I complete a game I want a reward. Not a big "buy the NEXT game in 2+ years time to find out what happens next!"

That really annoys me. I wanted how long for SR2 only to get one answer and about 20 new questions. I hope defiance ties up the story properly and the gameplay doesn't have to be cut to ensure this.

but yeah. I want it now dammit!!!!:D

Evelin The Winged
16th Aug 2003, 12:51
Originally posted by fneh
I want it NOW. I've waited too long. SR2 took about 3 days to complete. There was more cut scenes then gameplay.

And that's a bad thing? A lot of cutscenes is good...with the type of fighting we had back then, that is. I got used to it though.

PeopleAreFood
16th Aug 2003, 13:34
I would love for LOKD to come out tomarrow if it could but i don't want anything cut. i also don't want to wait till 2004 like some of you crazy kids. i am willing to wait till a mid December date.

i just hope theam is on schedule and that we will have the game in our hands by November.

~yours in blood~

Apocrypha Roxy
17th Aug 2003, 02:11
I don't care too much if it's delayed... although if it goes a year past the expected release date, we've got a bit of a problem.

All in time, fellow fanatics, all in time...

I can taste the Nutella sandwiches now... right, Matt? :p

Matt from Spam Buddies
17th Aug 2003, 08:21
Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
I can taste the Nutella sandwiches now... right, Matt? :p

-nod, nod, nod, nod, nod-

:D

- Matthew

N0V4
18th Aug 2003, 17:51
I dont care delay as long as the Shadowbane incident doesnt repeat itself.

Zephonim
19th Aug 2003, 11:39
well a good thing we could do is to leave C.D alone for a while and let them get on with it just think of it as them as vampires taking the evolutionary step and we sit waiting oh waiting and finally they emerge and show us their dark gifts,well it takes the sting out of the wait for me a little:p

PeopleAreFood
19th Aug 2003, 13:09
Ok i have changed my mind!
i need the game now! this game is going to rock to hard for me to wait...........sorry i lost my mind there for a sec.
i am just hyped about the game and what the story will tell us about Raziel's true destiny & Kains real goal.

PeopleAreFood
4th Sep 2003, 03:16
ok wwhat is going on?
it says i last posted 9-4-03........NO! this is not so.
so if some one is useing my name!? STOP:mad:
i hope this is just a slip up by Chris or Umah.

~yours in blood~

Azazel
4th Sep 2003, 13:09
It's because someone has voted.

Matt from Spam Buddies
4th Sep 2003, 15:09
Originally posted by Azazel
It's because someone has voted.

Or because someone let the leprechauns out of the cage.

- Matthew

Umah Bloodomen
4th Sep 2003, 17:20
Azazel is correct. When a poll is voted on, the thread is bumped up to the top of the forums. (As it was recently used). Because you (PeopleAreFood) were the last individual to issue a written response in addition to voting, your name appears as the respondee, however the date is changed in the forum list to when the recent voting occurred. (Notice the date along with your second to last written response is still August 19th).

I hope this clears that up for you. :)

first-born
4th Sep 2003, 21:12
i for 1 hate waiting for it, but i want them to take all the time needed because the absence of turel bothered me non-stop for a while and the lip screw up in the last level of BO2, that got annoying *REAL fast, but i hope if they do delay it, they at least put more bosses and levels on the official site, cause i want to know them now!!

Stephenls
5th Sep 2003, 05:50
At first I thought "hey, take as long as you want -- it's best if the game is complete." So far, every Legacy of Kain game has, how shall I put it, needed some polish. Except possibly the first one, which I have not played in depth. Delay away, as long as it's finished!

Then I read something about second quarter 2004, and I was all like "Second quarter? 2004? Aaagggghhhh!!!!!!!!!" As much as the games have needed polish, they're still my second favorite game series ever, after Metroid.

So, clearly, I'm an irrational hypocrite and the design team shouldn't listen to what the hell am I saying GIVE IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY!