PDA

View Full Version : News from Crystal

nowalruses
15th Aug 2003, 03:46
Does anyone know if Crystal Dynamics have made any public statements or issued any press realeases regarding their take on TR since the big announcement a couple of weeks ago? Just curious what they have to say about it.

dhama
15th Aug 2003, 09:40
You could make your topic title a little clearer, it sounds like there's news to be found here........

BlueSkiesXXV
15th Aug 2003, 10:19
What dhama said.

Insert a '?' at the end or the word 'any' at the start.

Leigh Croft
15th Aug 2003, 12:26
I hear waht your sayin (however there is the '?' icon at the start) but still :rolleyes: . Nope, havent heard a thing from CD...

LARAMANIAC
15th Aug 2003, 14:13
Got my hopes up there too!!!!

*LM hands nowalruses a couple of question marks!! :p

Umah Bloodomen
15th Aug 2003, 16:18
From what I know, two of the teams at Crystal Dynamics are preoccupied with the new Legacy of Kain game and another title called Whiplash and no official word from them has been issued as far as the TR-franchise is concerned. From what I've recently found out, there are 3 teams at Crystal Dynamics and no word on what the third is working on.

nowalruses
16th Aug 2003, 01:01
Thanks Umah.

And to everyone else, I apologize for raising any false hopes. I used the little question mark thingie, but I will try to be clearer next time to avoid further misunderstanding. Sorry :(

Aquarius
16th Aug 2003, 02:11
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
From what I know, two of the teams at Crystal Dynamics are preoccupied with the new Legacy of Kain game and another title called Whiplash and no official word from them has been issued as far as the TR-franchise is concerned. From what I've recently found out, there are 3 teams at Crystal Dynamics and no word on what the third is working on.

Hmmm....well this really makes me wonder now. If CD already has two other projects going right now, then why in the world has Eidos ditched Core? That pretty much makes it clear why TR7 will be released in 2005. It's being pushed onto the back burner for the time being!!

Core had already started work on TR7, so why has Eidos made this switch to CD when it could take until sometime in the beginning of 2004 at least for CD to even get a start on TR7?

The Amazing Rando
16th Aug 2003, 03:59
If the have two other projects, but 3 teams, it really depends on what the third team is doing. I have heardthey are working on a "secret project" so depending on when the decision was made, it could be possible that development has started. I can't say what the odds are about that, cuz I don't know enough about the story of eidos/core/tr/cd and what went on behind the scenes. And the reason it could be released in 05 is because cd hasn't had the rights for that long. Depending on what engine they use, what they do with the storyline, what resources from the work core had doen, and plenty of other factors, they could have their hands full with putting out a game in only a year that would still have the TR feel. Too many factors to determine right no, so let's give Cd time to get accustomed to it. I seriously doubt TR is going to be really low on the priority list, as that is a flagship franchise, or was and could be again (depending on your views).