PDA

View Full Version : All my save games are gone

chez
14th Aug 2003, 19:36
I am having the worst luck with this game.

Finally I buy a copy and get around to playing it and it's like god doesn't want me to finish the game. First one of my saves is corrupted, now they're just gone.

Yesterday I was playing when my computer crashed, it happens fairly often so I wasn't worried about it.
Today I go to play and when I try to load up a game, in the load game menu, in place of all the save game names it says "SaveInfo.dxs missing!"

It says that for all the savegames I had. I checked the save folder and the saveinfo.dxs is in fact there, and all of are 34kb in size, which leads me to believe that they're fine but for some reason or another, the game doesn't recognize them.

Can somebody help me out here? Im 13 hours into the game and I really don't feel like restarting it, especially since it's my first time playing.

Catman
14th Aug 2003, 20:28
Try copying the Save folder to another directory, uninstalling and reinstalling Deus Ex, and then moving the Save folder back to the DeusEx directory (or wherever you've got the game files).

Bio Denton
14th Aug 2003, 20:41
If that doesn't work, just cheat your inventory and location back, but don't get addicted, cheating will ruin the game for you.

chez
15th Aug 2003, 22:17
I tried reinstalling and moving the save games back, it didn't work.

How do i cheat my location/inventory back?

*edit* i found out how to cheat my way back from http://www.gamewinners.com/DOSWIN/bldeusex.htm (here). What happens to my goals that aren't completed? will they stil be there? what about all of my notes or images?

wont this also affect which ending i get?

sorry for all these questions but it's my first time playing dues ex and i just don't want to ruin my progress.

Bio Denton
16th Aug 2003, 13:13
Well, first off, tell me where you were in the game and your rough inventory.

If you're using a GeForce 4 or GeForce FX card, try downgrading to 28.83 Drivers. This could fix the crashes.

This is a hunch, but if you saved the games after patching your Deus Ex and are now trying to load them from a non-patched version, this could be causing a problem.

nib138
16th Aug 2003, 14:27
Bio Denton is right about the patched version vs. unpatched versions using saved games. If it was patched with saved games and then you don't apply the patch, it won't work...I just found this out yesterday when I was having problems loading my saved games.

Another idea is try just saving a game and see if you can't access your saved games....don't know if it will work but it's worth a shot.

chez
16th Aug 2003, 18:53
Im not using a GeForce 4 or GeForce FX card.

The version im currently using is patched and it was patched when i saved.

I tried to start a new game and save, and the new save says saveinfo.dxs missing! and it says that for every save i try to make. So cheating my way back in would be pointless right now as i cant save.

Im going to try uninstalling the game completely and install a new copy later(with the saves backed up).