PDA

View Full Version : Dues Ex 2 Info i need to know

agent008
13th Aug 2003, 15:21
I played the first one and it was good because it was not like any other fps i ever played before.

I was wondering if any of you can answer the following questions about this game

1- what are the system requirments to play this game?

2- i think there are fewer weapons in this game am i wrong?

3- what are the new skills and abilities the player has?

4- is there a difference between the male and femail character as in different missions,skills and story?

5- can u still upgrade your weapons ability and your character?

6- finally is there any new features like the following which
(i highly dout):
driving a car lol :D
dancing :rolleyes:
etc im not trying to get peoples hopes up or anything

i highly think this game will support directx 9.0b

well finally this is the info i got about the game:
The weapons- I seen are a pistol,shot gun,rifle and sniper rifle

The abilitys- player can go through walls (thats the only new thing i know about at the moment)

i seen a screenshot of a building and someone told me you can go into all the rooms but i dout that

well thats all i got to say at the moment what info do you gamers have?

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
13th Aug 2003, 15:46
1) already answerd in other threads (chek for example "I need advice", or "Graphics card upgrade for Invisible War?" on page 2)

2) nobody knows, the only information we have is a couple of screenshots and 2 videos from 1 year ago, and they were just demo. but I don't think so (cf thread about weapons : "Guns", page 1)

3) cf all the threads about biomods.

4)nobody knows yet. interaction with NPC from same/different sex may be different, thus adding replay value

5)yes and yes

6)a priori, no

it has been widely reported DX:IW will require DirectX8, but again, until the final release, nobody knows
apart from that, you can find all the info you asked for in the other threads. try reading them, before posting

Trollslayer
13th Aug 2003, 16:58
Originally posted by agent008
The abilitys- player can go through walls (thats the only new thing i know about at the moment)

i seen a screenshot of a building and someone told me you can go into all the rooms but i dout that

I believe it may be look trough walls. I doubt they could make people go trough walls (unless of course they came with a Flash-themed excuse... "Now JC can vibrate his molecules so fast he can move trough solid obstacles, like walls!!!"

Picasso
13th Aug 2003, 18:31
1- what are the system requirments to play this game?

You need a video card that supports DX8 in hardware, i.e. pixel and vertex shaders. A card without these features will not run DX2. Period.

We don't know about other requirements yet.

4- is there a difference between the male and femail character as in different missions,skills and story?

Gender will not have an impact on actual gameplay. About 10% of the dialogue will be different between versions (changing "he" to "her" and such). That's it.

driving a car

There won't be any vehicles in DX2.

Look up a few previews.