PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones And The Emperor's Tomb

BlueSkiesXXV
12th Aug 2003, 16:44
Have any of you played the new Indiana Jones game?

Just started playing it (up to the Istanbul section) on the XBOX and I must admit that I am very impressed.

It looks great, sounds great and controls well.
A great adventure game with loads of atmosphere.

Jumping form platforms to chains, jumping and then latching onto things mid-air with the whip......COOL!!!!!!!!

Great stuff!!!

What do you make of it?

JunoJIm
13th Aug 2003, 03:55
XBOX - that must be the key !!! I tried it in EB world, and you have an analog control...

I have it on PC, and he won't run in a straight line - must need an analog gamepad, I got a Sidewinder, cause I definately couldn't handle it with the keyboard/mouse.

It is a good game - tho - stopped for AOD, but will be back, as soon as I can find an analog gamepad...

THE True Lara
13th Aug 2003, 07:30
Wow, X Box must be the key, the shots have always looked rather nice, but everyone's been whinging about how bad it is since it was released.

Well if it plays well on one platform I suppose that's some consolation (no pun intended :p ). But don't you still have the problem of only be able to save a specific points?

BlueSkiesXXV
13th Aug 2003, 15:33
Yeah, there are checkpoints where an auto-save takes place.

Silvers
14th Aug 2003, 14:36
I've got it on the PC and aftr a small hiccough where it won't run until I UNDERclock my graphics card, its great.

I use the mouse and keys and I find him relatively easy to control. I love the flying whip jumps and the way the screen shakes when you hit one of the bad guys!

...are we supposed to say things like this on Eidos forums?

IndyDallasJones
15th Aug 2003, 03:08
I really liked the previous Indy game, 'Infernal Machine,' but didn't like the new one at all.........but am still going to go back to it sometimes soon & give it a fair chance. I hope it gets good. Alot of people seem to like it.

I played it only a day or 2 I think & up to crossing a river bridge & also an area like you speak of: chain jumping & in that 1st area w/the huge shark if I remember correctly.

I think I didn't like the controls much, among other things, including the short levels & other things that just didn't seem fun.

BlueSkiesXXV
15th Aug 2003, 10:17
IndyDallasJones, with a name like that you have to go back to it man.

I have now progressed to the Hong Kong section and I am loving this game.
It seems really well balanced and you are never stuck for that long.
It is a great feeling to work out the solution to the various levels and progress onto the next one.

There is also some quality comedy moments.

bonnie :)
15th Aug 2003, 12:23
I'm playing the game on PS2 and I think it's great and a lot of fun! So much like the movie & the same humor as Indy. I never saw the XBox game or PC but I don't have any problem with the PS2 version.

BlueSkiesXXV
18th Aug 2003, 16:58
Bonnie, How far have you got?

I am still working my way through it and it is getting better and better.

The set pieces are really well put together, the controls are nice and 'snappy' and it just feels really well balanced.

Those guys at 'The Collective' did a great job.
I have been waiting for a really good Indy game for ages.

THE True Lara
18th Aug 2003, 19:00
Originally posted by Blue Skies
Yeah, there are checkpoints where an auto-save takes place.
Are you only alowed to save there though, and if so don't you find it a tad annoying?

corseque
18th Aug 2003, 19:58
If you ignore the puzzles that are so easy they seem like an insult to the gamer's intelligence, limited save points, stupid plot and bad (camera) controls then yeah, it is a good game.

18th Aug 2003, 21:05
Originally posted by Blue Skies
Bonnie, How far have you got?

I am still working my way through it and it is getting better and better.

The set pieces are really well put together, the controls are nice and 'snappy' and it just feels really well balanced.

Those guys at 'The Collective' did a great job.
I have been waiting for a really good Indy game for ages. I'm not far past the 'Kraken'.....haven't been able to play the game much lately so I'm not done yet, but I thoroughly enjoy it! Reminds me of TR1 (not as good but still fun). I don't have any problems with the camera or controls or the auto-save points.....most levels are quite short so the auto-save is nice. I agree with Blue Skies....the game gets better and better. The 'Kraken' is a bit frustrating but I can help if anyone needs it.

JunoJIm
19th Aug 2003, 03:26
I'm going back to it, as soon as I finish Astrodelica... and get an analog game pad, so maybe he'll run straight...

Just a thought, can you guide him better with the mouse - maybe that's the secret... I gave up on that early, and switched to an 8-way gamepad, so he runs at 45 degree angles :D

troublewolf
20th Aug 2003, 17:20
Just finished AoD so am looking for something else to play. Ready for Jones! Is there a walkthrough out there?;)

20th Aug 2003, 20:08
Originally posted by troublewolf
Just finished AoD so am looking for something else to play. Ready for Jones! Is there a walkthrough out there?;) If you really want a walkthrough go to Use the 'Search'. I wouldn't recommend following the strategy for the 'Kraken' tho. I used a different approach that was far easier. Have fun :)

troublewolf
21st Aug 2003, 00:51
THANKS! :D

BlueSkiesXXV
21st Aug 2003, 15:51
I have now finished the Indy game.
I have to say that I absolutely loved it.

There are lots of tricky jumps, ledges, chains, etc, but most of the time you just seem to make the jumps.

As I mentioned in a previous thread the controls (I layed it on XBOX) are really responsive and snappy :)
There is one level where you are getting chased by something (do not want to spoil it) and it is absolutley superb/exhilarating!!!!!!

I will probably go back and try to locate all of the hidden Artifacts.
I think I will have to try 'Silent Hill 3' next.

Anyone tried that?

21st Aug 2003, 18:58
I haven't tried SH3 yet, but intend to whenever I finish Indiana Jones. From what I have read in other's opinions, SH3 is better than 1 and 2 and the graphics are excellent or even amazing! They also said it is a short game....can be played within 6 hours. I guess most games now are much shorter than they use to be. :rolleyes:

troublewolf
22nd Aug 2003, 02:44
what sadistic you know what thought up the controls for pc for this game? I have to use a keyboard and I hate it!!!!!!!!! I guess I could reconfigure the controls...............................:rolleyes:

22nd Aug 2003, 02:57
Oh......sorry the controls are on the keyboard. Myself, I have only played games on the PS2, never have on the PC. Can't see playing any game with a mouse and keyboard....I'm sure I've missed some good games for the PC, tho. :eek:

JunoJIm
22nd Aug 2003, 04:00
Twolf - that was my prob - the mouse & keyboard games are a real pain !!!

I switched to a digital gamepad, which was a little better, but I think an analog gamepad (with plenty of buttons) is really what I need, my present one has an 8-way control, so I can't get Indy to run exactly where I want to - he'll approach a cliff, and veer off at a 45 - LOL.

I'll let you know if I find a solution...

troublewolf
23rd Aug 2003, 00:17
JJIm: I have a keyboard with a touch screen, and its a pain to use with this game! I think I will try to reconfigure the controls some, just finished AoD and am so use to those!!!!!:eek:

troublewolf
23rd Aug 2003, 02:51
okay...switched controls for direction with menu..we shall see!:D

JunoJIm
23rd Aug 2003, 04:23
Good luck !!! :D

troublewolf
29th Aug 2003, 17:05
:( welll I guess I will hang it up with Indy. This not be able to save at any spot is making the game boring and aggervating!:mad:
I changed the controls and that worked better, but Ithink I will go play some fan level of Lara for awhile...maybe when the prescription of Xanax comes through, I will go back to Indy! (LOL)

sbp
29th Aug 2003, 19:59
I've read around and seen good reviews from those who have played this game. I'm going to pick up this game instead of the craptastic AoD.

Marcus T
31st Aug 2003, 13:28
I have it, but haven't played it yet. At this point I'm focusing on finishing AOD.

31st Aug 2003, 22:25
Originally posted by sbp
I've read around and seen good reviews from those who have played this game. I'm going to pick up this game instead of the craptastic AoD. That's a good idea. I know you will enjoy IJ much more than you would have AOD... ;)