PDA

View Full Version : All you all whined forever...

bosef1982
12th Aug 2003, 04:51
All of you whined for over a year about the delays on this game, whining and whining and none of you realized that as much as you feel Eidos and Core doesn't listen, that alot of their decisions have surrounded your input. You whie endlessly about a game being created, they hurry and release, its sub-optimal. Then you complain about the bugs, Eidos scapegoats and dumps Core, much to all yours fear and panic. Now you sit and wonder "will they explain what happened? Continue the sotry?" Not realize the fact taht asking the quesiton makes you somewhat interested in the AWESOME storlyine that Core/Eidos concocted. We saw a new type of ancient realm, one not cornered on Egyptian, Christian, or Hindu religions, but rahter--amazingly--Christian theology. Read the Bible, the girants taht were the Nephilim.
What I'm trying to say is this: tomb raider in execution was poorly done--and you share in that by you constant naysaying. If they would have waited another six months, released it then, all you would hvae sat and said "i'm not goin to buy it if they treat us like that" and it could be the game of Christ himself, and you would have still been unsatisifed because of the longer delay. Or it would bhave been "At least it was good, since we waiated so long". You want you cake, and eat it too.
But whiel its execution was poor, that which was executed, the storyline, the new instrumetnal score, the characters, the mood, and new graphical tombs, were amazingly unique and creative. It breathed new life into a iconic figure, progressing her. For once we felt as if Lara had al ife, a continual life that built upon her adventures' affects upon her. We learned more about her past, her life, her childhood, and now her soul. What I'm trying to say is that the game has heart, its just a little inhibited.
So I have an idea, Eidos knows you didn't like the game, they dumped Core--in a somewhat stupid move if you ask me, but we'll wait for you all to cry about that and how it shouldn't have happened and how you want Core back, even thought it was your endless whingi that lead to it. And now your mad that you have to wait to 2007 for the next game, well you cuased it. The new game under Core would have been released the end of beginning of next year. Ah well, want your cake and eat it too. All I have to say is that no cake is good enough for you and you appetites are unsatisfiable. Get off Cores, Eidos, and Lara's back--find a hobby in video games, not a life. I don't mean to be mean, but enough is enough and now you damaging a franchise with your endless, non-sensical, incompatiable banter that reduces Lara to a repeat of other games. If you want tomb raiders like the old ones, crack ou those bad boys and play em. Let us who enjoy character evolution and plot development have ours in the future.

pipes
12th Aug 2003, 06:20
People will never be pleased with what they are given and it really quite sad. If half the whiners even understood what goes into creating a game then perhaps they'd see past some things. Us on the other hand have been called fan boys and even core employees, most of them just can't comprehend that some of us actually liked the game as much if not more then the others in the series. In the end it boils down to change and being narrow minded, narrow minded people can't accept change and that's a proven fact.

Straw Dog
12th Aug 2003, 07:44
Originally posted by pipes
Us on the other hand have been called fan boys and even core employees

Lol, I love the way you say that is if being called a Core employee is a far greater insult than being called a fanboy. ROFL.

Raven
12th Aug 2003, 09:37
Hmm, I can't help but feel that bosef and pipes actually have a point-to a certain extent :( Even if bosef's own post became a bit whiny towards the end ;)
I am really enjoying AoD, but at the same time, having poked around in the files and used the pizza cheats, it's obvious that the game could have been so much more. I did ***** about the delays, but now I wish Core could have had time to finish properly. It is true that some people are impossibly demanding, and you can never please everyone. I just hope that Crystal Dynamics continues the rich AoD storyline to its conclusion.
However, I'd say the main reason the game was rushed out in the end was due to the need to have it on the shelves for the end of Eidos' fiscal year-that's nothing to do with the fans, surely??

BlueSkiesXXV
12th Aug 2003, 09:47
Now we have threads whining about the whiners!!!!!! :D :D :D
Blessed are the WHINE makers!!! HA HA!!!!!

Tomb Spelunker
12th Aug 2003, 15:47
The game wasn't released early because of fans whining it was a financial decision by Eidos. It had to out by a specific date finished or not. Get your facts straight.

It would have been ready had Core not decided to completely screw up the control of Lara intstead of going with what already worked. That's Cores fault not the fans.

The next Tombraider is scheduled for 2005 not 2007.

No fan shares in the poor execution of this game, that rests squarely on Cores shoulders.

It's a good thing that Eidos took TR away from Core, they screwed it up totaly. We'll have to wait and see if giving to CD was a good choice after the next one comes out.

Lastly I've never heard anyone whine and cry as much as you. And if your ramblings made any sense maybe you wouldnt look like such a moron.

pipes
12th Aug 2003, 15:56
Wow words from god. You know the controls are almost the same as the others minus the fact that the camera doesn't follow you anymore, and if a 7 year old can master the controls I don't see why us veteran TR gamers can't, i know I did.

Take what you have and enjoy it and be glad you have it at all.

bosef1982
12th Aug 2003, 19:07
To those of you who felt the need to argue the presentation of my post, you have only demonstrated my point. Argue my substance, not its presentation. A fact is a fact no matter what the backdrop its presented against. Yes, I miswrote that it was released in 2007, it is 2005, I apologize. However, if the voracity of my posts are contigent upon their alignment with grammatical perfection then its truly just sad that we cannot see past misspelled words one o'clock in the morning and at the actual substance. ANd the whole now I am, is just cheap ploys.

Jewell
12th Aug 2003, 19:27
Originally posted by Blue Skies
Now we have threads whining about the whiners!!!!!! :D :D :D
Blessed are the WHINE makers!!! HA HA!!!!!

No kidding... whining about the whiners (HA!)... to much free time if you ask me... and of course plenty of hot air... :D

TR-AOD
12th Aug 2003, 20:30
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bosef1982
All of you whined for over a year about the delays on this game,

I didnt, i sat quietly and patiently thinking they were using the extra time to improve the quality of the end product.

You whie endlessly about a game being created, they hurry and release,

they hurried its release 8 months late :rolleyes:

its sub-optimal.

i didnt understand this bit

Then you complain about the bugs,

true that :p

tomb raider in execution was poorly done--and you share in that by you constant naysaying.

you mean i have to share the blame for it being a poor game because i :confused: naysayed :confused:

You want you cake, and eat it too.

better that than to have a cake and watch it go mouldy in the fridge

the new instrumetnal score,

oh you mean those levels where there was background music playing

We learned more about her past, her life, her childhood, and now her soul.

this must have gone over my head

So I have an idea, Eidos knows you didn't like the game, they dumped Core--in a somewhat stupid move if you ask me, but we'll wait for you all to cry about that and how it shouldn't have happened and how you want Core back, even thought it was your endless whingi that lead to it.

so all of us who said "Eidos shouldnt have forced core to rush the game purely to meet there own financial year end", actualy meant to say, "hey Eidos get rid of that company that made all those great TR games and get those great people who brought us the unforgettable Gex to make the next TR installment"

Ah well, want your cake and eat it too. All I have to say is that no cake is good enough for you and you appetites are unsatisfiable.

you want me to let 2 cakes go mouldy in the fridge ??

endless, non-sensical, incompatiable banter

you said it :p

nowalruses
13th Aug 2003, 03:25
Anyone who waited patiently...and waited...and waited...then shelled out their hard earned money for an unfinished game has the right to whine a little. The great thing about this forum is you don't have to agree with the whiners or read their posts. Their are plenty of positive posts on here to keep you busy for a long time. And for the record, I wouldn't even have minded the delays that much if Eidos hadn't kept promising release dates, only to push them back time and again.

BkBaby999
13th Aug 2003, 11:09
If you want tomb raiders like the old ones, crack out those bad boys and play em

it has been much more fun to play those old bad boys in the past weeks:D then it was the 10 hours I played AoD

I used to wonder why substandard customer service was becoming so prevalent but now I see that if people are okay with accepting substandard service......then it's no wonder why they have no problems giving substandard service too. So next time I look at you funny because I asked for McNuggets but you gave me no napkins or sauce and you look at me like "what" I'll remember this post and take full responsibility for the fact that you worked so hard getting those lil nuggets in the box that you are too worn out to do the rest of your job now and be very happy I got nuggets at all!

oh yeah and when you come to my job............don't say anything if you have to wait for 2 hours for a 5 minute procedure.....that's just the way it is now! Everyone be happy with waiting and substandard service and shut the heck up already!!

What a world :rolleyes:

bosef1982
13th Aug 2003, 13:37
You all are hilarious. To presume that the constant pressure to release this game did not play some portion in Eidos decision is ludicrous. It did, and people need to stop making some corporate irresponsibility issue out of it.
Second, to the McDonald poster, BabyBK,whom so cleverly attempted to insinuate that I was some lowly pion at McDonalds, your message detailing the philosophy of substandards was begging the very question, and actually not a refutation of the argument I presented. My point was this, there is a point where legitimate criticism becomes petty attack. While I don't expect substandard service at McDonalds (well actually I do there) or anywhere else for that matter. (By the way, your analogy of forgetting to get napkins when asking for nuggets is flawed; constitutes a simple mistake, not substandard service, substandard would have been more like giving you someone elses meal and not changing the order w/out apologizing). But I do acknowledge the proclivity for human imperfection. I don't complain when I wait a long time for a five minute procedure, because there's most likely ten people before me waiting for the same thing. And this again, I would wager, is not an accurate display of substandard service, just a busy day. What we are talking about here is a game released before it should have, pushed by both PR and fiscal issues. So, by that logic, of the PR issues being created by fans angry of its delayed release, it would follow that some part is shared in the rushed delivery of this game by Eidos, not COre who would have most likely wanted to spend another year upon it.
So, following your erroneous analogy about not getting napkins, one does not endlessly complain, they make their face, grunt possibly and turn away. If it is servere enough, maybe write a letter. But to run around like thi is the end of the Lara Croft and that Core and Eidos should be dragged into Towns Sqaure and flogged is ridiculous.
And to TR-AOD about the cake and eat it too, my point is that you cannot physically possess a full pice of cake while eating it at the same time. Its the concurrent performance of two contridictatory actions--that of possessing something fully while eating it partially. You can't have a game that is attempting to break new ground (our cake) and have it for your playing in no time at all (eating it; and don't say that they spent two years pushing this or that back and thus they had more then enough time, b/c I doubt many of you have actually attempted to design a game, much less what this one aimed to be). And on the note of the new score, there was a new instrumental score, pretty self-evident, don't feel the need to explain it like I did other elementary concepts. And about Lara's new character, it was expanded and gotten into. Play the first game and compare it in terms of plot and character developement to this one, there's a difference literary insight. So you were right TR-AOD, thank you for saving me from making thta observation, it was "over your head". And placing a "you said it" under my qoutes does not prove your point, argumentation will, which is something you did not show yourself particularly adept at while writing. Oh yes, the gripping storyline to Gex, wihch I've watched my seven year old nephew play, is so on par with that of Tomb Raider. Truly, we should have a massive transfer of a character after the first installmetn of a trilogy explaing her alleged death. Yes those great people at CD, let it not be forgotten that Core did design those other Tomb Riader games you love so much. Did not know one mistake was a death warrant for them, I mean they only have four or so games to make up for it in the past.
My little break in class is over now, so while I do not want all whining or legitmate, controlled, logicl, and good-intentioned criticism to be supressed, I do wish that this board would not become a bullying post for Eidos and Core, where its everyones shot, no matter what their facts, at AOD and its supporters. Some of su can see past that fact that thi game is not perfect, band that most things aorund us arent'. And to sit and whine while not attempting to do something, like writing a constructive letter to Eidso outlining exactly what you feel, or demanding your video game shop honor a refund on a defunct game (which actually would have spoken more volumes to Eidos since the retailers are now on their backs for reimbursments), proves you all non-construvie indivduals who can only bring down, destroy, bash, and degraged, nothing more. ANd this is what this forum lately has shown, a total lack fo construvie in logic, common sense, criticism, and maturity. I do not expect you to agree with me, acknoweldge your cogniftive errors, for if this is one thing people hate more then accepting bad service in their eyes, its realizing their perception was erroneously skewed by illogic. So why some will say I have to much time, or am wasting my time, I do not see it that way. I am just defending indivdiuals who get up, go to work, and attempt to do something good. When they don't acheive perfection, I don'ts am them, hope they are fired, I point out the weakpoints and reinforce the good, and try to do soemthing constructive towards creating what I expected to be a reality. For I would want to know here who has an absoultely perfect record of never displeasing a customer, he who says he has, is also a liar. So off your pedastals everyone, and realize how rotted you own barstool legs have been in the past, or by some of your posts, still are.

susan
13th Aug 2003, 14:04
You all are hilarious. To presume that the constant pressure to release this game did not play some portion in Eidos decision is ludicrous. It did, and people need to stop making some corporate irresponsibility issue out of it.

Sorry, but don't be silly. Customer demand is NEVER a bad thing for a company that wants to make a profit. What the company does in response to that demand from customers is up to them. The customers are NOT responsible for a business releasing a shoddy product.

I'm with BkBaby on this - some people will put up with ANYTHING. Sometimes I think I live in a different universe from some of the people who post on this site when they go on about how great AoD is.... Each to their own I say, but when I see a post from someone saying that it's the customer's fault that this game came out as it did, it's not just ridiculous, IMO it's pathetic.

If we, the customers, played any part in pressurising Eidos into an early release of this game, then it's because THEY (the decision makers in that company) lacked the confidence/knowledge/experience to manage this release correctly. That isn't our fault, it's their's. THEY GET PAID TO DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!

IMO, the way they've handled this is a mess and a knee-jerk sacking of the top guy followed by handing the franchise to Crystal Dynamics indicates to me that maybe the same decision makers are still there.....

The Kain series may be Eidos's second after TR in terms of unit sales, but it's nowhere near the same type of franchise in terms of product and fan base. *sigh* We'll see, I guess...fresh eyes and all....

bosef1982
13th Aug 2003, 17:03
Geez, you all really do have selective vision. I am saying that you all wanted the game out, the game came out before it should have (most likely because of this demand and other factors), and it was incomplete. THus, some logical fault can be attributed to the incessant complaining on this board about the delay. Its like when a child whines about wanting his dessert early, and you tell him its not finished cooking, and because you get so fed up, you give it too him undone, and then you hear him whine about how its not what he expected and its not ready. Same principle here, Core and Eidso were saying tney were finsihing the game, improving it, yet everyone got angry. ANd stop saying you live in a different world like its our fault, you do, and its your own. Its the world of the illogical, mindless bandwagoner that you live in, where blank-out of pertinet refutations is the way you learn and the promotion of subjective, inexperienced opinion are virtues. Oh yeah, I just don't think that I'm so divine that my liking a video game is the creation of a new universe, as your post would suggest, but thank you for the compliment. (notice how I argue on your terms)
And actually, I never said AOD was great, it has its flaws, my lord, read people. Was the reading program you went through the "read every third word that conforms to how you already think you should feel about the topic" school? So, now I'll await the next child who decideds to attempt a rebuttal, see what words he chooses out of the many I wrote.

pipes
13th Aug 2003, 17:39
bose just let it go, I know where your coming from and so do a lot of others. Not everyone is going to agree with us just like we aren't going to agree with them. Just be greatful you aren't narrow minded :)

Jewell
13th Aug 2003, 18:25
Wow- I was kidding before when I said you were full of hot air, bose, but jeez... I think YOU are ludicrous. It seems you came here only to argue... with words bigger than your own head. Seriously, just let it go.

Nathan584
13th Aug 2003, 19:28
all kinds of cheese for sale......tired of just WHINE have soem cheese lol

TR-AOD
13th Aug 2003, 20:13
i have a little toy, you shake his head and he goes "jibberjabberjibberjabber"

Lucifer666
13th Aug 2003, 23:01
Christ - pass the man a tissue.....
(Or anyone - just pass him something to dry his eyes!)

FACT - You purchase software that says release version - you don't expect it to be a beta!!!!

Are you saying they didn't have enought time to make this Tomb Raider??????

Noah build the bloody ark quicker!!!!!

Re-arrange the following words:-

This Blows Game!

nowalruses
13th Aug 2003, 23:28
"To presume that the constant pressure to release this game did not play some portion in Eidos decision is ludicrous."

The only constant pressure Eidos felt when they made this decision was coming from the looming end of the fiscal year.

BkBaby999
14th Aug 2003, 01:08
Second, to the McDonald poster, BabyBK,whom so cleverly attempted to insinuate that I was some lowly pion at McDonalds, your message detailing the philosophy of substandards was begging the very question, and actually not a refutation of the argument I presented. My point was this, there is a point where legitimate criticism becomes petty attack. While I don't expect substandard service at McDonalds (well actually I do there) or anywhere else for that matter. (By the way, your analogy of forgetting to get napkins when asking for nuggets is flawed; constitutes a simple mistake, not substandard service, substandard would have been more like giving you someone elses meal and not changing the order w/out apologizing).

screw cheese can I get some fries with that whine! May I say that reading that post took longer than playing AoD, although the level of enjoyability was about the same. hey folk....he called me clever ;) and I thought I was so straightforward with my point-thank you so much. And also congratulations on your excellent use of the dictionary and multisyllabic words, you were only missing using the new addition "bling bling" to make your points complete. And lastly thank you for calling me a child, I will not say how many years separate your 1982 from my year of birth but it's always a compliment to be considered young in my opinion, no matter how it's actually meant.

PS and hon, I don't consider anyone who is touching my food to be a lowly peon! Probably because I'm never quite sure what's in the secret sauce :eek: you have a lovely night, I ain't mad at ya! :p

I hope a moderator closes this post lickety split, my eyes are reeling :rolleyes: after that one.....and I thought I wrote a lot.

Tomb Spelunker
14th Aug 2003, 01:16
Here's an clip from an interview with Jeremy Heath Smith, the head honcho at Core before he got canned.

Quote:
It's quite an interesting read, really. It will make you laugh in a few places though. You can tell he didn't think it was ready, or that he thought it was an amazing game. *sighs* Ah well, the inside truth reveals some interesting facts, if you can be arsed to read.

To deal with the latest delay again, the way we understand it is the game simply had to be out by the end of June to make Eidos's fourth fiscal quarter...

Heath-Smith: Yes.
:Unquote

Is there any part of that answer that you don't understand? THEY DID NOT RELEASE THE GAME BECAUSE FANS WERE MAD, THEY REALEASED IT UNFINISHED BECAUSE THEY HAD TOO!!

I'm so sick of people who think that because the game is a Tomb Raider game that they have to defend it like it was their only child.

It was an obviously rushed, unfinished buggy game. Sure it's still playable, but for 50 bucks I and most people expect more than that.

pipes
14th Aug 2003, 02:35
My god, who cares anymore. It's out, you bought it, now live with it, maybe next time you'll rent it first. Some actually liked it and wouldn't need to defend it if you could have left it at I didn't like it.

mikeR
14th Aug 2003, 03:41
Sorry to be rude but bosef1982 you are a windbag. Stop thinking so much , you will wear out your brain.
;)

bosef1982
14th Aug 2003, 04:25
It don't know what's more depressing, your inability to grasp the dyanmics of my argument, or the fact that you have withdrawn certain aspects which you find easy, out of their context, to refute. It is easier to kill a soldier, rather then an army, and the effect is quite eivdent: nill. Same stands true here.
Or maybe its the fact that you all think its some massive task of mental labor to construct these arguments, that my use of multi-syllabic words and , as one poster incorrectly stated, the dictionary ( it is actually a remembered mixture of high school vocab quizes and numerous courses as an English major integrated into my typical dialect) is simply some facade. For individuals who seem to demand such perfection, it appears you fail to notice when someone articulates well. Also, "Bling bling" would never be found at the end of any of my points, for that is most commonly associated with ebonics, a derivative sub-language from English. Be it any of these, it makes my head shake when I read of such blatant nonsense. And your wishes to have this post locked only proves my point of individuals not liking when a logicla, objective reality is presented, running contrary to their own, petty, immature subjective view of the world which will alwasy be proven worng by sense. And finally BKK's assumption is true, I am only twenty one, however I find that age is not automatically a indicator of intelligence, superior perception, reasoning ability, or maturity. For if any of you had a clue, you would have realized you're all amusing me, that's all; your certianly not challenging me. Thank you though, for those here who think for themselves, and who don't throw "the baby out with the bathwater". Your logic is refreshing in the light of such...trite mediocrity.

pipes
14th Aug 2003, 04:37
Actually I find it funny how everyone complains about the awful unusable controls and game stopping bugs but some how they manage to beat it in so little time? These things just don't go hand in hand.

mikeR
14th Aug 2003, 05:11
Your a funny guy Bosef.!!

:)

TR-AOD
14th Aug 2003, 07:15
one of my favourite characters in Viz was "Mr Logic", i dont remember him having a little lap dog tho :rolleyes:

mikeR
14th Aug 2003, 07:30
He he ,TRAOD I was going to mention mr logic also, the dialogue is almost identical.

I have a Viz comic in front of me. Couldn't find Mr logic in this issue, but there is-

'The Kipling kid and his cake trolley of justice'

and 'Roger irrelevant'

'Pardon me , But I couldn't help noticing that your son seems to make no attempt whatsoever at normal human interaction.

All his responses are totally irrational and divorced from reality . Its as if he occupies a completely different planet'

:D

BkBaby999
14th Aug 2003, 12:00
as one poster incorrectly stated, the dictionary - nill, its (when it's is indicated), logicla , alwasy be proven worng, quizes, your certianly not challenging me. I stand corrected, you obviously did not use a dictionary or even a free spell check.

ebonics, a derivative sub-language from English oh, my bad! isn't American English a derivative sub language from the Queen's English. Being a language major and you haven't learned how vocabularies change, evolve, and differ. You think the African American community is unworthy of evolving a language of its own? I will try not to take this as a cultural or racial offensive remark but if it is then you have more issues to address with yourself than a stupid video game and I won't think you're just being a cute smartass playing on his lil computer being facetious.

I find that age is not automatically a indicator of intelligence, superior perception, reasoning ability, or maturity I agree, stupidity is the best indicator. You have aptly proven that you have none of the skills listed above but you think that because you use big words you can mask that problem. It isn't working. The thread should be closed because you are dangerously close to insulting people personally when you don't know any of us personally.....and because it's a waste. People have different views on the game....but it's still only a game. I could care less about Core, Eidos, or AoD and I don't know you and have no desire to ever meet you but you are treading on dangerous ground with your personal remarks. You need to get a grip before you catch a case, son!

D3v1L80Y
14th Aug 2003, 16:51
OK, I have been reading this thread and I must say, I am quite entertained by it all.

No it didn't. Core had been sitting on the game for almost 4 - 5 years. Eidos, who is in the nature of making money with their business, was not making any money off a game that was not being developed in a timely manner. Hence, they set a final deadline for Core to have a game released.

my point is that you cannot physically possess a full pice of cake while eating it at the same time. Its the concurrent performance of two contridictatory actions--that of possessing something fully while eating it partially.

What sort of Keanu Reeves-from-the-Matrix movie-wanna-be school of Zen Buddism did you attend?? Your attempt to 'wax philosopic' does not make you seem intelligent or introspective....it simply makes you sound like an ass.

Or maybe its the fact that you all think its some massive task of mental labor to construct these arguments, that my use of multi-syllabic words

Your use of 'big' words neither intimidates anyone here, nor does it make you sound smart. It just proves that you have a thesaurus.

I am only twenty one, however I find that age is not automatically a indicator of intelligence, superior perception, reasoning ability, or maturity

That is just the sort of answer I would expect from a 21 year old. Wait til you hit 25 or even 30...then you will see the child that a reasonably intelligent mature person sees.

I am not trying to discourage anyone from voicing their opinions here, but please try not to be so pious. I usually find that those you are so quick to put others beneath themselves when it comes to their perception of another's intelligence level (as you have demonstrated here) it is usually they who are the one that is truly lacking......Oh, and one more thing...

It don't know what's more depressing, your inability to grasp the dyanmics of my argument, or the fact that you have withdrawn certain aspects which you find easy, out of their context, to refute. It is easier to kill a soldier, rather then an army, and the effect is quite eivdent: nill. Same stands true here.

give it a break, Keanu

bosef1982
14th Aug 2003, 20:01
Okay this becomes more entertaining for me. To the Keanu person, well....don't really think I was going into deep philosophy, I thought I was just talking about common sense. But oh well. And just as it was repeatedly stated that none of us really know one another it would be presumptous to presume that I may or may not really speak like this and have to use otehr materials to do so. But, anyways, I suppose that your inability to believe someone can really talk like this unaided can be attributed to your insecure inability to do so. So, as i said, whatever. Also, BBK, about your petty critique concerning my spelling. Spell check doesn't run on my posts, and as I have repeatedly stated, argue my facts, my argument. If you find your capabilities only able to handle simple switches of "e"s and "f"s, then you may want to contain your opinions to your evidently limited mental unit. Also, about the whole sub-language thing...your right. New English is a sub-language of Old English, however if you were to enter England, they would tell you you speak slang, or grammatically skewed English. Calling me a racist for attributing the phrase "Bling bling" to slang or Ebonics is ludicrous. Would I be a racist if I said that a Spainard who says that someone is a "person stupid" is using improper English? No, because relative to the semantical context it is being used within, they are. However, if I was over in Spain and said "stupid person", then I would be incorrect. So, while per se Ebonics or any slang is correct, when used or compared to another language is not. (Oh, did I not just show that I understand that languages change, evolve and differ, or just show that you really don't know fully). And, pulling the racism card on a person who is black/white/spanish and was adopted into an Korean household with two other adopted Italian/Irish children is sad and funny. once again, another reason to not presume things about me. Aslo, I do not believe someones ethinicity is completely dependent upon the langauge they speak either. And the age thing, just what you expected a twenty year old to say, well that's alot of objective proof. I don't believe I have truly put you below me, as you have all put yourselves below me by failing to respond with a substantive rebuttal to my arguments. Dont' blame me for your actions, I do not like unearned credit. To say I am lacking is a blatant contridiction to facts and arguments that are readily before you. Beyond that, there is no more burden of proof on my behalf. In addition, my intellectual levels and/or competencies are not relative nor contigent upon your concuring or approval. So....sorry that I can not honor that illogical, presumptous assertion on your behalf..DB. Also, the humor behind LUcifer666 using Noahs Ark as a prescription for timely manners is quite ironic, don't you think? Anyway, shall we continue this for more guys, or shall we all just accept the more the evident facts and nature of this post and accept the roles that we have not assigned each other, but have proven ourselves by ourselves of occupying? Cuz really, now you all are making me yawn.

mikeR
14th Aug 2003, 20:54
please someone close this thread, the more you argue the more he will try and bore us to death . Can't you see he enjoys this kind of BS.
What a big girls blouse
:confused:
I want to talk about tombraider

bosef1982
14th Aug 2003, 21:11
Finally, someone has caught on after forty something posts. Although, the intention of the post, and the facts within will be, like most things in Tomb Raider, lost forever in the sands of history....wait, no...in an ignored reality. Too bad.

bosef1982
14th Aug 2003, 21:27
The most ironic, most evident thing that none of you have caught on to is this: despite how much you hate this game, you still played it, as bad as it was, you beat it fast and devoted yourselves to finishing it quickly despite bugs and awkward controls. Despite how much you hate Core and Eidos, you post on their sites continously. As much as you hate Tomb Raider now, you talk about it tremendously. Your like a bunch of nostaligc traditionalists who can't realize that things change, things evolve. ANd as much as I bore you, annoy you, anger you, and offend you, you constantly return. So this leads me to two conclusions: one you people have no clue what you want, or your all masochistic. Either way who wants to end this thread, where else can you talk about tomb radier in the modern context of deep philosophical knowledge and human depravity.

TR-AOD
14th Aug 2003, 21:43
you talk funny :p

Lucifer666
14th Aug 2003, 21:54
Originally posted by bosef1982
The most ironic, most evident thing that none of you have caught on to is this: despite how much you hate this game, you still played it, as bad as it was, you beat it fast and devoted yourselves to finishing it quickly despite bugs and awkward controls. Despite how much you hate Core and Eidos, you post on their sites continously. As much as you hate Tomb Raider now, you talk about it tremendously. Your like a bunch of nostaligc traditionalists who can't realize that things change, things evolve. ANd as much as I bore you, annoy you, anger you, and offend you, you constantly return. So this leads me to two conclusions: one you people have no clue what you want, or your all masochistic. Either way who wants to end this thread, where else can you talk about tomb radier in the modern context of deep philosophical knowledge and human depravity.

Hate the game? - I'm not sure we said we hated the game - just very disapointed that the quality was missing and that some really really good things have change for the worse!

Still played it - Not all, completely fed up with some of the stupid bits, getting caughts in bugs - boring story line, bored, bored, bored - tried giving it a break, went back to it still too boring - the first of this series that I've had this problem with!

Hate Core/Edios? - Back to the disappointed here I'm afraid - hate is a extreem word, personally I thought that there were capable of better quality and wouldn't stoop to the level that they have!

nostaligc traditionalists? - The other TR's were better!, even when played now, nostelgic?

things evolve? - Is that what you call it? - Things evolving generally mean that they geet better or more suited to their enviornment - can this really be said of this game?

you constantly return - well we are generally wondering what the "KING of the whiners" is now whining about!

you people have no clue what you want - Thats easy - something of better quality - something that appears to have had more effort put into it!

=====
masochistic - For more info....
1. The deriving of sexual gratification, or the tendency to derive sexual gratification, from being physically or emotionally abused.

2. The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from being humiliated or mistreated, either by another or by oneself.

3. A willingness or tendency to subject oneself to unpleasant or trying experiences.
=====

You also keep comming back - what are you saying?

Comming here isn't unpleasent really - the game may in some aspects be unplesant but this is certainly more entertaining......

Please continue, running low on ammo over here. . . . . ;)

Lucifer666
14th Aug 2003, 21:56
Oh and man do you love to read your own messages?

If this was verbal it would seem that you love your own voice!!!!

Go-on send us another 2 page essay....... Please.........!

mikeR
14th Aug 2003, 22:43
yeah, more BS , we need a laugh.

I haven't even read all of it, just lost the will to live after the last 3 posts.
It's like being forced to watch someones holiday slides, or a looped tape of a party political braodcast.

:D

bosef1982
14th Aug 2003, 23:18
LOL, if only your staggering, piercing wit could be applied as a vehicle for actual logic and argumentation. And I love those of you who make logic sound like a bad thing. And one who does remember the past, constantly comparing the present to it, is nostalgic, even if those are played today. But alas, you people provide me with endless pounds of laughter. ANd its funny that my posts would make you lose the will to live, because judging by your subjective, mass-thinking, narrow, restrained, limited, inhibited, self-digressing, illogical, irrational, unreasonable, mindless sarcasm and presented realities, I hadn't thought you'd started. You can't lose the will towards something, if you have never attempted to do it. So try this: This is "Mr. Logics and Self-Righteous Guide to Living":
1-- define things properly
2--don't confuse arguing with whining
3--realize the benefits of logic and a reasonable mind
4--do not blow a video game topic into a epistmological debate over man's state. (which for the past four posts I have found myself force to argue)
5--realize when someone's correct and their arguemnt right on, don't try and shoot it down, your aiming is already too far gone.

So lead a happy life, and maybe one day, even you older folk who through massive logic and maturity have bestowed such a loving, logical, sane, well-off world through your actions and beliefs to my generation, to all of you, goodbye and goodnight, till other posts and other times. You all have been a ball. Maybe one day, you'll have the mind to enjoy it as I, and the other logical, individualistic people on this board have. And catch the subtle subtextes that have been, and still are, laughing in your blind faces.
Nite...