PDA

View Full Version : tr4 control problems

baylisst
11th Aug 2003, 08:45
i got tr4 out again about 1 week ago + everything was ok
i started it up this morning and found no buttons were working in the main menu and the strange thing is they were working last night. the problem is that i cant re-assign them because i need the arrow keys to get into the controls menu. i know its not my keyboard because ive tried all my other tr games and mucked about with ms word and everything was fine.
could it be my disc, because most of the game info is kept on the disc to prevent piracy, and its scratched all over (which is also preventing me from watching most FMVs)
thanks for any help

baylisst
14th Aug 2003, 14:56
can someone try and help please, cause hardly anyones looked at my message, let alone replied

stevo
14th Aug 2003, 15:28
If the CD is so scratched up that you can't watch the FMVs, then its probably the cause of your other problems as well. Try a CD repair kit such as Game Doctor (aka Disc Doctor, DVD Doctor, etc.), and if that doesn't work, buy a new copy from Ebay.

Notts Raider
14th Aug 2003, 16:01
Originally posted by stevo
If the CD is so scratched up that you can't watch the FMVs, then its probably the cause of your other problems as well. Try a CD repair kit such as Game Doctor (aka Disc Doctor, DVD Doctor, etc.), and if that doesn't work, buy a new copy from Ebay.

Either that or Make a backup copy and see if it picks it up then, remember make the copy on the slowest writing speed. it might be wise to make backup copies of all your games for this reason

baylisst
14th Aug 2003, 16:34
thanks guys. ill try that when i get time and say if it worked

originally posted by Notts Raider
it might be wise to make backup copies of all your games for this reason

i dont think i need to do this, cause ive recently got a new cd-rw drive, and my old computer did the scratching

thanks again:)

edit: its working now, but its wierd cause i didnt do anything:confused: maybe my computer was just having a bad day