PDA

View Full Version : Demo????

diablo87
10th Aug 2003, 20:09
I would like to know if a demo is going to be released. If so when will I be able to get my hands on it?

Trollslayer
10th Aug 2003, 20:11
Originally posted by diablo87
I would like to know if a demo is going to be released.

More than likely, yes.

If so when will I be able to get my hands on it?

That, i'm afraid, no one knows. It will only come out when ready, and only then, will we be able to play it.

diablo87
10th Aug 2003, 20:17
What will the demo contain? :confused:

Trollslayer
10th Aug 2003, 20:27
Originally posted by diablo87
What will the demo contain? :confused:

If it isn't out yet, then no one knows. But given its a 3D FPS i'd wager it'll have maps, weapons, textures, models, dynamic lightning, sound and menus.

Picasso
10th Aug 2003, 21:19
The demo for DX1 came out after the game had gone gold but before it appeared in stores. I'm betting DX2 will do the same.

Anyway, don't expect one anytime soon.

Lawnboy360
10th Aug 2003, 22:47
How did you react when you played the demo for Deus Ex? I'd heard it was a very good game, and it looked like a shooter, so I killed every enemy I saw (like in most shooters) and soon ran out of ammo, and I thought that sucked. In the end, I finished the demo, but I wasn't impressed at all, because the combat wasn't much fun, and a demo isn't long enough (wasn't for me at least) to realize the multiple-solutions, or the depth of the story. I only bought DX about a year ago because it was cheap... and now it's my favorite game.

TheDerf
11th Aug 2003, 01:20
That's another example of how Deus Ex is the unsung hero of video games. Bad marketing, good quality.

Anyway.

Lucky me, I play my games cautiously, trying to take everything in. That let me know how great of a game this was about twenty minutes into it.

On my first time, I tried the regular shooter approach too, which wasn't much fun. Then when I play just a tad stealthier (and Deus Ex allows for a lot of stealth play), I was like :eek:! That helps... and I fell in love. :p