PDA

View Full Version : Soul Reaver........Blood Reaver !?

Valzara
10th Aug 2003, 17:09
I'm wonder peoples here (and other LOK related-forum) still call the at blade 'Blood Reaver', don't that blade in physical form also be known as 'Soul Reaver' ? Or, just for ease to differentiate the 2 form of blade?

reference (http://www.nosgoth.net/Blood_Omen/dialogue/page6.htm)(at the middle part of the page.

vampire of balance
10th Aug 2003, 17:47
The Blood Reaver is the actual blade forged by ancient vampires. Imbued with power to drain life blood of its victims. The Soul Reaver is BloodReaver+Raziel's soul(or maybe other soul devouring entity )

PS: You MUST replay SR2 because it feels like you are missing very important part of the story. In Defiance Kain's weapon is the Blood Reaver and you'll wonder much more then:)

tomb_raiding
10th Aug 2003, 19:17
Why would Kain use the Blood/Soul Reaver, he hasn't got any other weapon or do we have to wait for Defiance :confused: ?

vampire of balance
10th Aug 2003, 20:45
Originally posted by tomb_raiding
Why would Kain use the Blood/Soul Reaver, he hasn't got any other weapon or do we have to wait for Defiance :confused: ?
Blood Reaver is the only Kain's weaopn in Defiance. He took it at the end of SR2

tomb_raiding
10th Aug 2003, 22:53
Yes I know, but the soul reaver almost killed Raziel, so is Kain still against Raziel or somthing :confused:

Defier
10th Aug 2003, 23:00
if it wasnt for Kain, Raziel would sease to exist.... trapped to the blade......FOREVER....you see
Raz was impaled at the end of SR2 by the Blood Reaver+Wraith Blade sucking he soul to the blade....i dont think Kain hates Raz....but for Raz...Im not sure...

Chaotix
10th Aug 2003, 23:32
I think Kain is too fatalistic to hate anyone. If you believe in fate then you have to realise that people are not truely responsible for their actions. Even Kain says that free will is an illusion. Therefor you can not really hate someone.

vampire of balance
10th Aug 2003, 23:37
Yes I know, but the soul reaver almost killed Raziel, so is Kain still against Raziel or somthing :confused:
I can't understend this... Soul Reaver is still to be created...at that point of time..

Omega
10th Aug 2003, 23:57

I don't think Kain was ever against Raziel.

It appears that way in SR1, but I believe Kain was merely encouraging Raziel to find his 'true destiny'. Maybe this can only happen...

... when Raziel has control over the Reaver (or vice versa as the case may be) due to the influence at William's Chapel, and when it comes in contact with it's former (Blood Reaver) self.

Valzara
11th Aug 2003, 05:44
Originally posted by vampire of balance
The Blood Reaver is the actual blade forged by ancient vampires. Imbued with power to drain life blood of its victims. The Soul Reaver is BloodReaver+Raziel's soul(or maybe other soul devouring entity )

PS: You MUST replay SR2 because it feels like you are missing very important part of the story. In Defiance Kain's weapon is the Blood Reaver and you'll wonder much more then:)

Just tell me which part that I miss out.:)
)I means which part they mentioned about blood reaver)

vampire of balance
11th Aug 2003, 06:33
Valzara, its not mentioned directly!!!! Its a Blood sucking sword anyway.
Here is an official answer from Chris about some Defiance question:

I’ve noticed that Kain wields the physical incarnation of the Soul Reaver… I’m all kinds of confused…

Both characters are armed with an incarnation of the Reaver -- Raziel with the Soul Reaver wraith blade, and Kain with the "Blood" Reaver (it's not the Soul Reaver, because it's still an empty vessel -- Raziel's soul is not in the blade).
That may explain it to you :)

Valzara
12th Aug 2003, 13:21
Thanks.:)
Is that mentioned in the SR2 ? I gonna read the dialoge again.

Valzara
13th Aug 2003, 08:55
Ergh, one thing made me confuse, in BO2, when Kain meet other vampires in the underground, Vorador said: Those who with the Nexass(spelling?) stone can not be hurted by the Soul Reaver... I never heard anyone in the game said "Blood Reaver"

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

vampire of balance
13th Aug 2003, 10:11
Dude, SR2 is the key to your answers...

The Soul Reaver is already made in BO1, BO2 and SR1.
SoulReaver is the Blood Reaver with Raziel's soul in it. Thats why the physicle blade breaks in SR1, SoulReaver can't devour its own soul.
When Janos shows the Reaver to Raz, he feels noting like it was empty. That event happens 530 years before BO1 events, 930 years before BO2 and 3000 years before SR1.
Sometime between Raziel-Janos meeting and BO1 Raziel must be sucked into the Reaver to create the SoulReaver.

If you are confused of the name "Blood" Reaver. That name was never mentioned in a LOK game. Janos just mentions it sucks blood :)

vampire of balance
13th Aug 2003, 10:22
Part of Raziel-Janos dialogue in SR2 that you missed somehow :)

Raziel
The Reaver is here? Why do I feel nothing?

Janos
The most formidable weapon ever forged by our swordsmiths... They infused the blade with vampiric energy, empowering the Reaver to drain our enemies of their precious lifeblood.

Valzara
14th Aug 2003, 07:35
Ha, now only I noticed this part. Thanks anyway.

vampire of balance
14th Aug 2003, 07:51
Now, when it's clear to you, for ease to differentiate the forms of blade:
Raziels energic blade(spectral Soul Reaver) - Wraith Blade

Physicle Soul Reaver - Physicle Soul Reaver :)

The ancient Reaver(The Physicle Blade without any soul devourin entity in it) - Blood Reaver

Valzara
14th Aug 2003, 08:03
Actually, I was totally understood the different between 'Blood' Reaver and 'Soul' Reaver before I post this thread, I just very confuse in fact it's never mentioned about 'Blood Reaver in the game and yet I missed out the part you mentioned earlier.:D