PDA

View Full Version : Do you think there should be an OFFICIAL line of game merchandise?

Leigh Croft
10th Aug 2003, 15:52
Well im just sat infront of my computer now and just suddenly though, wouldn't it be cool if the makers released official game merchandise etc. I know that they do release some merchandise, but im talking about, items from the game, weapons, outfits, accessories etc. E.g, I think the bag from the movie is realy cool and I would love to buy one, but is it available? No. I like how there are some unofficial websites which offer certain tomb raider-esq stuff but do you think official stuff should be available to buy?

How would you like to own Lara's backpack and contents (I have a TIMEX clip watch feat. in TR:C), fake weapons (I have a Vector-R35 BB gun which rocks), belt and holster rig, some nifty Tomb Raider boots or sunglasses, even Kurtis' or Lara's range of outfits!!! :p

Deekman
10th Aug 2003, 16:30
Anything based on the games would be welcome.
Seems that it's all movie stuff out there.

Tipsko
10th Aug 2003, 20:08
I would really like to buy her dual guns :cool::rolleyes:

Or the Iris artefact...

Leigh Croft
10th Aug 2003, 20:14
Ive got ONE, just need to save up for the second and then the holsters! :p

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/570d25fd/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/Leigh+Croft!!!.jpg?bcFwqN_AAfAEHxhM

I look like a bit of a nob in that foto but there you go! :rolleyes:

Leigh Croft
10th Aug 2003, 20:16
And you can also buy a copy of the game gun...

http://discountbbguns.co.uk/deseagle.jpg

Tipsko
10th Aug 2003, 20:17
that is so cool :D

I'll have to do it with my lightgun for ps2 :)

Leigh Croft
10th Aug 2003, 20:19
What is? The game gun?

Tipsko
10th Aug 2003, 20:20
yeah :D

Leigh Croft
10th Aug 2003, 20:23
I know, I only found that on an English site today, its quite cheap aswell, compared to the movie gun BB gun, only £19.95. Heres the site....

http://discountbbguns.co.uk/

Tipsko
10th Aug 2003, 20:31
wow, cool, thanks! I'll thake a look around there. Also saw the S.T.A.R.S. (resident evil) 9mm handgun once, also a BB gun I thought. That kind of stuff is great! I only wonder how legal it's here in the netherlands, because it looks like a real one doesn't it?

Leigh Croft
10th Aug 2003, 20:36
Yeah some of them look realy realistic but I think the law here states that you have to be 17 to own one, but some sites will only sell to over 18's. Ive also seen the S.T.A.R.S Beretta which looks just like the game one. Heres another good site for movie weapons, they also have the replica holsters from the movie, which arn't the best but still look kinda cool.

www.battleorders.co.uk

Raven25
10th Aug 2003, 20:40
Kinda off topic, sorry, but what I would like to find is a really good lightsaber (and I'm not talking about one of those cheap plastic ones that slide in and out). Anyone have any idea when you could get a kool authentic looking lightsaber?

Tipsko
10th Aug 2003, 20:40
Beretta, that was the name!

Yeah, they've also got some great stuff on that site!
thanks again!

Leigh Croft
10th Aug 2003, 20:52
Well heres a site with some kick @$$ tomb raider stuff including super cool holsters and backpack from the movie. There is also other stuff including a Darth Maul Lightsabre, I dont think it has blades but looks realy realistic. I'm also not too certain weather the stuff is actually for sale or not, but its worth a look.

http://www.kropserkel.com/

TR-AOD
10th Aug 2003, 21:28
Originally posted by Raven25
Kinda off topic, sorry, but what I would like to find is a really good lightsaber (and I'm not talking about one of those cheap plastic ones that slide in and out). Anyone have any idea when you could get a kool authentic looking lightsaber?

replica display lightsabers (that dont light up) sell for about 250 to 300 notes can be found in game hobby stores..........them ones that sell pokemon cards and actin figures. also on e-bay i have seen replica lightsabers that do light up, they have a kind of flourescent tube attached and sold or at least had a starting price of about 150 finest english pounds.

not much help i know, but they are available.