PDA

View Full Version : how is your alex going to be?

operative x
9th Aug 2003, 19:24
I cant wait for DX2! I'm going to customize my Alex (male) for battle. He is going to have all the bio-mods that help him fight, like the speed aug, the strength aug, the robot controlling aug, and cloaking if they have it. And also, like the first game, I am going to mod the hell out of the pistol. So how are you going to create your Alex.

Picasso
9th Aug 2003, 21:55
Alex has always been interested in things he probably shouldn't be. Call him curious, call him nosy, call him a voyeur. No one was surprised when he became an intrusion expert, specializing in stealthy infiltration and security subversion. His hobbies are eavesdropping and urban exploration.

Alex carries a silenced pistol with him at all times, but regards it mainly as just another tool (for shooting out lights, detonating explosives, and so on). He is rather pacifistic, and will fire upon another person only if absolutely necessary. He can count the number of people he's ever killed on one hand, a feat that he is quite proud of.

Random
10th Aug 2003, 04:13
I am undecided. I'll have to wait and see what biomods we can choose from.

But I think I'll probably focus on pistols and batons rather than the heavy stuff. I'll sneak around in the shadows as a silent assassin type, knocking off enemies quickly and quietly, then hiding any evidence. I feel paranoid if I leave anyone alive; I don't like surprises. ;)

I'll be upgrading my speed, strength, hacking, and anything that helps me shoot more accurately.

x Rich x
10th Aug 2003, 09:42
I'll play with whatever comes naturally to me. For biomods I'll choose the ones that appeal to me and I think will be useful for my style of play. I'll use stealth when I see it is appropriate, and I will go in guns blazing when I think it's the best way.

Trollslayer
10th Aug 2003, 11:52
More than likely all stealth and speed-related biomods.

drone1984
10th Aug 2003, 12:02
Alex Denton, AKA Le Loup, AKA The Wolf.

While having the abillity to place 4 grams of lead through the skull of a man 1000 yards away, with an unmodified pistol, he preffers an up-close and personal kill. A master of all forms of bladed weapons, and most blunt weapons - he finds himself avoiding a lot of trouble by killing silently. Biomods are for accomplishing tasks otherwise impossible, not for getting around having to work for performance.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
11th Aug 2003, 08:45
I think my Alex will be non lethal, expert in hacking, and most of all invisible (so sad for such a pretty girl)

BrainPrawn
11th Aug 2003, 14:06
I think I will create a few characters and send them through each of the missions one at a time.

Zombi Z
21st Aug 2003, 00:34
I'll definitely be going with the female Alex. Built for stealth the first time, built for brutallity the second, then anti-material/hacking the third.

AlteredGlyph
23rd Aug 2003, 02:54
Totally stealth. I'm going to try to get through the game never using lethal means except when 100% nessecary, and killing/disabling as few people as possible. I will use the computer systems to defeat any major opposition i come against, also, I will remain loyal to my home company, Tarsus.

Gruf
24th Aug 2003, 04:52
Female alex,
skilled in rifles and hacking
carries a fully modded sniper rifle and an auto shotgun for when things get messy
stealth, run fast, jump high and targeting augs

PDenton
24th Aug 2003, 09:23
I think that I'll probably go for all out killing power the first time through, thne after that go through it using stealth and being non-lethal. I really want to try out the bot controlling biomod, it sounds really cool:

no one ever suspects the cleaning bot!:)

dirigimaster
24th Aug 2003, 09:47
Originally posted by operative x
I cant wait for DX2! I'm going to customize my Alex (male) for battle. He is going to have all the bio-mods that help him fight, like the speed aug, the strength aug, the robot controlling aug, and cloaking if they have it. And also, like the first game, I am going to mod the hell out of the pistol. So how are you going to create your Alex.

My alex will be flamboyantly gay

Bio Denton
24th Aug 2003, 21:04
After an accident during a sparring session with JC, Alex has developed somewhat.. unstable.. no, psychotic tendancies. Not to mention a nervous twitch.

Be it a quiet hotel room or a sprawing street. After calmly purchasing a large assault rifle (with grenade launcher option, ofcourse) from a backstreet trader, Alex has been known to mow down entire blocks of civilian and military personnel without prejudice for age or status.

He has also been known to then calmly brush aside a bullet-riddled, blood soaked couple from their street-cafe table and sit down to a nice cup of tea, while he surveys his artwork.

TheDerf
24th Aug 2003, 21:33
Completely flipping around his artificial training programs, Alex has become a master of melee weapons. Alex finds guns as a form of cowardice and believes that any person who has died by a punk weilding a firearm has not gone in peace. Though there are circumstances when he must do so, Alex will not kill anyone who he deems a decent person. Rumors originating from Alex's work about a "floating death" have become popular talk in the criminal underworld and thus, he is feared by all who don't know him.

Bio Denton
24th Aug 2003, 23:27
Alex will not kill anyone who he deems a decent person.

*Throws up*

crimson_stallion
26th Aug 2003, 14:08
Can't get this idea out of my mind:

Persona:-
Deus ex equivalent of a chaotic good character. Mysterious. Legends speak of situations where entire buldings full of terrorists have mysteriously dissapeared without a trace, as a result of a superhuman crimefighter who, for all intents and purposes, does not exist. Some scoff at the stories, dismissing them as mere fairytales. These people do not know however, that there is a good chance they have met the legendary assassin. After all, none imagine that the sweet, attractive woman they speak to every day could be planning her next attack as they speak. After having a life made ever-complicated by corruption of the law, she lets her own concience separate good from evil.

She makes her moves under the cover of shadows. One man falls. Then another. In a matter of minutes,10 men guards have been dropped from the darkeness. Not a flash is seen, not a sound heard. After the perimeter is clear, Alex makes her move. She packs away her sniper rifle, and creeps, from shadow to shadow. She uses her radar transparency to pass the bot which is patrolling the back enterance. Using her skills in electronics and computing, she then disables all security, and readies her prod and combat knife. Slowly she makes her way through the complex. An armed guard passes, making a routine patrol. She lurksin the shaddow, using her vision enhancement to watch his movememnt through the stone wall she hides behind. She waits for the perfect moment, and then sneaks out, stunnning him with her prod, and following this with a quick slash with her combat knife. She then keeps moving. Within 10 minutes, police arrive on the scene to check up on a security fault. All systems are active, and the normal bot is making its routine patrol of the premises. There is not a single sign of death. No footprints, no blood, no broken glass, no broken locks. No dead bodies. The area is eerilly empty.

The mysterious shadow stalker has struck again.

agent008
26th Aug 2003, 14:14
lol i bet they will add different abilitys for the man and femail i would be intresting how they change the two characters.

the man is more aggressive and uses alot of lethal weapons

the woman is more stealth and uses weapond that doent make too much noise

in some or most game they make the femail more flexible or better and i not sure if this is true but somewhere they say there are more femails playing video games then men what you think?

i say thats not true, when was the last time you went to school, work or out somewhere and you see girls talking about some game?:rolleyes: :confused:

Deus (Seraph)
26th Aug 2003, 16:07
Well first: I don't think male or female alex will have any differences except in look and roleplaying elements. Thats because no one likes to be forced in a gender just because he likes a specific way of gameplay.

And second: I will go for maximum surprise for my enemies: that is through stealth and tactics. I really like to snipe - one way or another, but of course the sniper rifle is best for that. By the way I would like if they included some non-lethal range weapons / munitions - the crossbow tranquilizer wasn't really satisfying.
Taking the air shafts, sending a lift down with proximity sleep gas explosives in it (while i am climbing the lift shaft), or taking over a bot for exploration or assault - thats how i like it:
An enemy taken out by its own environment.

agent008
26th Aug 2003, 17:10
well you never know that they might make the male and femail different in skills and abilitys

we will see when the game comes out

mikepayne666
26th Aug 2003, 19:39
mine will be stealthy, fast strong, and very good w/ electronics

crimson_stallion
27th Aug 2003, 00:20
Originally posted by agent008
lol i bet they will add different abilitys for the man and femail i would be intresting how they change the two characters.

the man is more aggressive and uses alot of lethal weapons

the woman is more stealth and uses weapond that doent make too much noise

in some or most game they make the femail more flexible or better and i not sure if this is true but somewhere they say there are more femails playing video games then men what you think?

i say thats not true, when was the last time you went to school, work or out somewhere and you see girls talking about some game?:rolleyes: :confused:

Yep, thats true. In one way making unique abiliies for each could make everyone play it twice, bu tonthe other hand if they dont everyoen might play it 4 or more times. Stealthy male, action male, stealthy woman, action woman, etc lol.

agent008
27th Aug 2003, 14:37
ic:cool:

Lach
27th Aug 2003, 17:59
I play all my characters in DX1 stealthy/non lethal(as possible)-so I'll do the same in DX2. Killing is NOT an option, I wont kill anyone no matter the circumstances-theres always a non lethal/stealthy way.

Any "thief" community guys here? I bring my thief style play to DX/DX2 lol.

"combat" mods really arent needed-even in deus ex. Mod's that make you tougher to kill, or increase your aim are not needed because you can compensate for that with l33t skills(i'm sure everyone on this board has played DX1/FPS's to death lol)-so if you DO need to kill someone/thing(no way to advance the game without it), you really dont need more then a gun to do the job.

sneelock
27th Aug 2003, 18:11
im with Gruf, Chick with sniper rifle and auto shot gun. strength mod and speed mod as well as hacking.