PDA

View Full Version : Epiphany

Cyber_Punk_303
9th Aug 2003, 03:39
CORE got kicked out!? HOLY TISH!!! I didn't hear anything of the sort. But either way - THIS IS AMAZING NEWS!!!

Finally, a TRUE breath of fresh air. A new developer with motivation and standards, new points of view and stuff.

Best news since TR1 was reported under development.

I can't wait!!!

Adrien Smith just milked the series, every sequel was like an add on pack. And AOD is reportedly mediocre.

Can anyone give me the website to the new developers house? What past projects have they done?

WOOT WOOT!

TR-AOD
9th Aug 2003, 06:17
Crystal Dynamics are the poeple who brought us that old classic "The Horde" oh and Gex and ummm oh yeah Legacy of Kain series. Their homepage is errrr Eidos.com

Deekman
9th Aug 2003, 11:18
I thought Epiphany was the Tomb Raider one shot comic written by Dan Jurgens.
I have it but haven't read it yet.
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0307/26/trc.jpg

- SpiritShift -
9th Aug 2003, 13:17
Crystal Dynamics is a subsidary owned by Eidos, and it's based in San Francisco. The latest offerings they have brought us are, as TR-AOD said, Gex (which is kinda cutsey - the character - not the game, which is just endearing) and the gothic-inspired Legacy of Kain series - Blood Omen, developed in conjunction with Silicon Knights, Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2 and Blood Omen 2. As far as I know, they are working on new games called Whiplash, and Legacy of Kain: Defiance.

As for their site, I think it's non-existant. Everytime I try the address, I either get Eidos Interactive, or the index for the LoK sites.

I look forward to seeing the next TR in development, and wonder which team will be working it. Apparently, the Crystal gang currently have three teams - one for Whiplash, one for Defiance, and the third for... TR7?

Cyber_Punk_303
10th Aug 2003, 16:06
Thanks for the info guys!!!

MAN i wish i could play TR1 on my Windows XP :(

It was such a great, atmospheric, dream-like, out of body experience. So lush and immersive and adventurous.

Anyone else agree that after Toby Gard, the man who CONCIEVED TR and Lara CRoft left COre, the series went downhill? It started off really innovative... And then it just never went up.

bene1
11th Aug 2003, 01:50
I would imagine Toby is having a good and much deserved laugh.................although I don't remember the reason he departed, I would think it wasn't totally his idea.

Cyber_Punk_303
11th Aug 2003, 02:03
Toby left because Eidos sold out. He wanted to push the series even furthur, but "they" decided they wanted to milk the fresh franchise and trade quantity ($$$) for quality.

I don't blame him. The only thing i do blame him for is not registering the rights for all TR related products.

HIS Lara (TR1 Lara) is still IMO the best. And TR IMO is also the best of the entire series.

Cyber_Punk_303
13th Aug 2003, 03:09
Bumpety bump bump bump