PDA

View Full Version : Question about Strahov Fortress. Bug?

Verbal Dagger
8th Aug 2003, 08:15
In the beginning of this level, you get to a point where Lara says she doen't want to be noticed. The area below this, where the guards are, is where I noticed a problem.

First, there are a bunch of movable boxes here that seem to serve no purpose. Then, there is a shelving unit with a button. If you push the button, sort of a dumb waiter thing lowers and has a box on it.

Is this some sort of puzzle and what purpose does it serve? I'm actually way past this now but I'm still curious.

First, is it a puzzle or a wanna-be puzzle that was never finished?

Secondly, the bug. Sometimes when I would climb on top of the box, once it was fully lowered, Lara's life would just diminish and she would die immediately with no chance of being saved. Did this happen to anyone else? (sometimes it would happen, sometimes not).

bonnie :)
8th Aug 2003, 08:37
Funny you mention that....now I remember it did the same thing to me on PS2. She just died after climbing on that box! No reason for it that I could see.

TR-AOD
8th Aug 2003, 08:48
i got stuck in that room, couldnt find anyway out :confused: so i restarted the level and jumped off the crate, onto the gantry above the room and skipped it all together.

slils
8th Aug 2003, 22:00
on PS2 when I climbed on the box i died also! At the top of this shelf is a medi pack though. And for the boxes you can pull around..... couldn't decide either if it was an unfinished puzzle.

Verbal Dagger
9th Aug 2003, 14:17
Darn, after I kept dying on the box, I completely forgot about getting the medipack. If I'm not mistaken, it was a 100% medipack, too. I hate leaving pick up's behind.

TR-AOD, there is no way out, except for the way you went. :)

And I forgot to mention that I was on PS2 also.

Thanks everyone.

Quillan
9th Aug 2003, 15:35
Those boxes on the floor are only there as a way out, as far as I can tell. There are a couple ways to get over the wall. One is to run/jump/grab the a/c unit, then move to the top of the wall. The other is to run/jump/grab the hanging container (requires very good timing) and ride it over. There is no way out at floor level on the far side. The only way out is on the catwalk level, so those boxes and the elevator are your way to get back up to the catwalk if you should either ride the container down or drop to the floor for any reason.