PDA

View Full Version : Items

PsychoVamp
7th Aug 2003, 19:52
Do you think items will come back to us in defiance? Such as the heart of darkness or equipable/unequipable items like armor and such.

Matt from Spam Buddies
7th Aug 2003, 20:19
Someone suggested that the gauntlets and metallic footwear Kain and Raziel were wearing in the concept art renderings, could have some significance in the game.

But knowing that Kain and Raziel fight with the Reavers, I'm quite sceptic and think that armour wont be a part of the game.

The gauntlents, for example, are used for blocking or enhanced attacking. But I'd guess Raziel and Kain block with the Reavers and I'm sure that they attack only with the blades.

So, in sum, I don't believe there will be many or any items in the game. It's Kain and Raziel. The dynamic duo! ;)
Fierce, brutal and rabid are the keywords.

Items wouldn't, in my opinion, suit their "style". :)

- Matthew

PsychoVamp
7th Aug 2003, 20:23
So youll just simply die then with Kain if you mess up? His soul cant go into a marker or anything.This would entail horrible antagonizing loading times just to get back into the game like in BO2.

Quicksilver
7th Aug 2003, 20:33
No, what he does is affix a lock of his glossy hair to a special arcane post, providing him with an object to which he has such a strong emotional attachment that it will pull his soul back from oblivion if he hops the twig, thus regenerating him. Nifty, eh?

Matt from Spam Buddies
7th Aug 2003, 20:39
Originally posted by Quicksilver
Nifty, eh?

I must admit, it is. :p

- Matthew

PsychoVamp
7th Aug 2003, 20:42
But what if the hair devouring slaugh eats it?

blincoln
7th Aug 2003, 21:03
The game will have a save-anywhere feature, so you don't need to worry about playing through the same section over and over.

I dislike having an inventory in this type of game. I hope it stays like SR1 and 2.

L_Master562
7th Aug 2003, 21:39
It has been more of a series where you have "what's on your back" litterally as in the weapon and the clothes as well. I would think the idea of that would continue.

Sure, I do want to see something like the Bo1 Token Items that Kain carried around, something like Moebius' severed head or portable time streaming devices, but where would anybody put anything? Maybe we could go to Kains mountain retreat or castle as an extra and obtain like some inventory with the ability to use all abilities from throughout the game and armors Kain wore throughout the series and such, but it is just a dream for me to see that for Kain. That and I want to see his base of operations beyond the opening of Bo2 which may or may not have been what he used in the alternate timestreams/eventually in the new one.

And about items, the only one I would care for would be flay and implode. Most others wouldn't suit my bloody style.

Quicksilver
7th Aug 2003, 22:57
Maybe he has a bumbag. Wonderful british invention, that thing. Comfortable, practical, and with about as much street cred as tank tops.

<it's almost midnight, give me a break :D>

PsychoVamp
7th Aug 2003, 23:21
Kain during a fight~~ "Yes my wonderful phannypack, now where did that heart of darkness go?¿? Its gone! RAZIEL!!! Are you trying to resurrect yourself again?!¿!?"

Johnny_anoniem
8th Aug 2003, 08:46
Originally posted by PsychoVamp
Kain during a fight~~ "Yes my wonderful phannypack, now where did that heart of darkness go?¿? Its gone! RAZIEL!!! Are you trying to resurrect yourself again?!¿!?"

LOL!
Ahh well I guess wel can all conclude that they probably won't have an inventory (so no items as well) ;)

Quicksilver
8th Aug 2003, 09:27
phannypack? I've never heard it called that before. Perhaps it's making a comeback...

Matt from Spam Buddies
8th Aug 2003, 15:25
Haha.

Just imagine - Kain with a pink phannybag with glittery stuff on it and a "My Little Pony" logo. :D :p

- Matthew

Quicksilver
8th Aug 2003, 19:54
Oh come on, it would HAVE to be purple. Goes better with the skin tone :D Maybe some beads also? And a short witticism - 'vamps do it in the dark' or somesuch.

Yes, I can see that.

PsychoVamp
9th Aug 2003, 03:08
Kain~ "I feel pretty! Oh,so PRETTY!."

Valzara
9th Aug 2003, 07:56
Kain took out a bottle and drink from it, you can what's return on the pink bottle : Barbie collection series.

Matt from Spam Buddies
9th Aug 2003, 09:46
Originally posted by PsychoVamp
Kain~ "I feel pretty! Oh,so PRETTY!."

Or even worse...

Kain, "I'm FABULOUS!"

:D :p

- Matthew

Vampmaster
9th Aug 2003, 10:08
I think the worst the loading times will be is the swirly teleport thing that happens to Raziel when he dies in spectral. I recon Kain would have some sort of automatic sanctuary where he goes to the nearest check point. Actually, Warp made a joke a while ago about Kain bleeding his way through. What if he arrives at one of the check points after his energy has got too low and then the blood rune starts to gush and the blood forms into Kain. Kind of like in T2 only with blood instead of liquid metal.