PDA

View Full Version : Really Really tired of Boaz!!!

Mike Hawthorne
6th Aug 2003, 04:38
Does anyone else have this problem, Kurtis will do a roll when I hit the Target Button even if I have the guns drawn most of the time.

When he doesn’t he still will not target anything. He will just stand and shoot at the wall even if the monster is almost in front of him.

I got to this point a week ago and finally gave up. I went back and started the game over, and I have had little problem getting to this point, in fact I have not used any health boosts of any kind so far.

I have played every Tomb Raider game and expansion ever produced and I never found a level I couldn't beat, but with the controls the way they are I'm about to give up.

I'm sure a lot of new TR players will never play another Tomb Raider game again after this level.

Kurtis can not run with his gun drawn, if he has targeted the head he will only run towards the head, the only way I can move him is by flipping around from side to side.

I managed to get the first two pods destroyed and saved but nothing I do will make him target the back ones.

I have stood next to him with the goop shooting out and he will just stand there with the gun at his side, if I hit the target key he flips and faces away from the beast or aims at the wall.

Are they ever going to patch this thing?

You can't tell me that they intended to have both Lara and Kurtis become uncontrollable once they draw their guns.

I wish I could separate the target and roll functions, that would help a little but the real fix would be having control of the character.

Please fix this so I can finish the game.

Mike

RebeL_fARmeR
6th Aug 2003, 08:18
What are you playing on? PC or PS2? PS2 and I can't help.

If PC: Check your key-bindings for clashes.

JunoJIm
7th Aug 2003, 02:11
I have exactly the same problem - think I'll switch the roll key to another...

Does anybody have a savegame after Boaz is killed ??? I'm really tired of this too...

Mike Hawthorne
7th Aug 2003, 03:06
Hi!

I'm playing on a PC.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to download a save I have never failed to finish a Tomb Raider game on my own before. I wouldn't feel like I had really done it if I skip a level.

I would like to do this without using any aid kits or health power ups so I can complete the game that way.

Mike

The_Shadow
10th Aug 2003, 20:38
Ok I just like to feel good with meself... tee heee... ok lemme grab my medicine before...

=Goes take pill=

Here we go first when Boaz comes at you, the moment he targets her chest shoot at it like a madman! If you hit her/it with enough bullets she won't even hurt you she'll just moan and start shooting green thing, THAT?S you cue to start shooting the things that shoot the green liquid (there are 4 in total), after you destroy the first one, Boaz starts spraying green goo from her mouth, you just move to her side but stay back a bit becouse she swings her spikey tail. Then she goes back to trying to attack you with her mouth... again shoot her till she stops and shoots the thingy. You have to destroy all 3 other orbs to kill that form of Boaz, BUT (and this is a BIG but), Kurtis almost all the time just aims at the front orb intead of the ones at the back, you have to tap the Target button, also used as the Roll button (ahh but the main thing is, that on some PC Kurtis rolls instead of switching target, and unfortunately.. I don't know how to do that.. maybe change the key config.) and then you shoot the other two... then the thing drops.. but wait! there's more... but I can't tell you.. just save after the things dead... and see for yourselves!

Hope I was usefull! ^_^

hagatha
10th Aug 2003, 21:11
THis is the point at which I have given up on the game. On my PC, I can't seem to get retargetting to work, and Kurtis doesn't even roll. After the first two bumps are destroyed, it's only a matter of time before Kurtis runs out of ammo (and yes, I have already picked up the ammo on the floor - he still runs out).

What a bore.

And it's an artificial way to add a challenge to the game. If the retargetting worked properly, this would have been pretty easy - I had the first two bumps shot out within about ten seconds. And it makes no sense to have Kurtis automatically targetting the destroyed bumps - that's another artificial challenge because autotarget is supposed to aim at threats, and these pods are no longer a threat.

My next big challenge is to get the old TR games running properly on my PC because I really, really need to play an actual, real Tomb Raider Game to relive the experience in a positive way. Enough said.

numb
10th Aug 2003, 22:03
My next big challenge is to get the old TR games running properly on my PC because I really, really need to play an actual, real Tomb Raider Game to relive the experience in a positive way. Enough said.

do it! - i re-played 'lost artifact' after i finished aod & think i had more fun than i did the first time 'round :) ...

Michaeljcox24
10th Aug 2003, 22:40
I too have just got to the boaz level, and I have concluded that it is virtually impossible to do. Kurtis, should NEVER have even be put into the game (Tomb Raider is always about Lara, not some other **** who no one wants to play as).

When I try and run away from the green snot the spider thing shoots out of its mouth, Kurtis just walks forward, by which time, the snot hits you again and knocks you over. Unless your lucky, you will start to run JUST after you have missed some flying snot. Whe the hell the stupid pricks who programmed this put this feature in I have no clue. he can's sprint, and on the PC Version, which I am playing on, changing target (which was automatic in the old TR games), is as difficult as getting blood out of a stone. It doesn't even list how to do it on the in game controls......what are we supposed to do? Guess?

Can someone send me a save game for just after the boaz thing? I think we all know the team who did the original TR no longer exist, and we wont get a game of the same calibre ever again. I sincerely hope they read every single thread on this forum, and take some advice.

michaeljcox24@hotmail.com

AgentSmith
10th Aug 2003, 22:57
Don´t know if this will work on the PC, but on the PS2 it does:

When starting the Boaz Level immediately run to the wall on your left or right. Than go backward to a corner. In the corner Boaz will not can reach you anymore. And the slime attacks won´t be so hard than usually. Above all Kurtis will now automatically change the targets.

Hope it´ll work :D

mikeR
11th Aug 2003, 03:22
Thats How I did it too. I am pleased cause I didn't read it anywhere,it just occured to me.
It kind of reminded me that I had been using the walkthroughs too much
:)

Veronica Ma
13th Aug 2003, 05:53
i'm using the PS2 version. this is the first time i've heard this suggestion, so i'm gonna give it a try.
thanks.
veronica.

Veronica Ma
16th Aug 2003, 15:24
Hmm, no Boaz post lately? Ok i'll post one.

No, seriously. The corner thingy doesn't work. i run to the corner, press square and Boaz skewers me dead while i wait helplessly.

Any subtle details i'm missing here?

veronica.

ries1975
16th Aug 2003, 17:27
OK here's my problem with the boaz level. In kurtis' last level(the one with the hellhound) I used up all of his ammo to kill the damn dog. In fact I had to finish him of with punches. Then when the boaz level started, I had no ammo, and there is none lying around. Anybody got any tips on how to finish boaz of?

edit:nevermind , found an ammo thingie

Feisty Croc
16th Aug 2003, 20:31
Originally posted by AgentSmith
Don´t know if this will work on the PC, but on the PS2 it does:

When starting the Boaz Level immediately run to the wall on your left or right. Than go backward to a corner. In the corner Boaz will not can reach you anymore. And the slime attacks won´t be so hard than usually. Above all Kurtis will now automatically change the targets.

Hope it´ll work :D

I have tried doing this and she can STILL get me in the corner.... and have I missed a move??? I can't seem to walk backwards on the PS game. Played all the others on the PC. Losing interest now, been stuck on Boaz for too long.

AgentSmith
16th Aug 2003, 22:44
No, there´s nothing you have missed... just running to the corner and fire... but if it doesn´t work with the corner thing, you should still try to kill boaz on the usual way. I handled her several times w/o the corner trick, so it still works on the normal way.

But before loosing the elation you ought to try the level skip cheat...

as

Veronica Ma
17th Aug 2003, 00:08
Agent Smith,
(is this sounding like a "Mission Impossible" movie, or what? sorry... i digress)

this cheat thing is for the PC, right? not the PS2...

veronica

AgentSmith
17th Aug 2003, 00:53
Hi Veronica,

no I´ve meant the PS2 cheat:

Press START while playing. Simultaneously hold "Down" (digital Pad), "L1", "R2" and "Triangle" for approx. two seconds. Release and quickly press in succession "Circle", "Up", "Square", "Triangle", "Right" and "Down" (again on the digital Pad)

And don´t say it doesn´t work :D It does! I´ve done it hundreds of times ;)

ps: the nick agentsmith relates to the movie the matrix :D

Veronica Ma
17th Aug 2003, 01:48
Hi Agent Smith (i knew that sounded familiar)

Huh????? You cannot be serious. No, this is not happening. You mean ALL this time........ it WAS for PS2? (i feel sooooo foolish)

arughh*%#wer$%jkw! (putting CD on floor... stomping... d*mn you Boaz!)

thank you, Agent Smith. I shall now toast Boaz from my life forever...
veronica
(sheepishly walks out of forum to use cheat code....)

Veronica Ma
17th Aug 2003, 10:56
There must me something i'm missing (brain cells, perhaps) but.... um.... i couldn't get the cheat to work.

However... (and this i still can't believe) ...... i tried the corner thing again and..... IT WORKED!

This is what worked for me...
- Put away gun
- Run into corner
- Roll (now the trick is you should now be facing Boaz in first person mode ie. you can't see Kurtis at all)
- pull out gun
- shoot

(If you've been able to make it this far without her getting you first, she then backs off and starts her goo-spitting)

NOW you have the luxury of time to get that target thing to work. Don't worry about the goo or whether Kurtis can't shoot while he's being slimed, it doesn't seem to reduce your life bar. When i could, i shot her in the face and when i remembered to, i pressed roll and kept on shootin' until.... YES.... she recoiled back in agony... and.... DIED..... oooooh that was sweet.

Thank you all for your perseverence and truckloads of patience.
You're the best!
take care and kindest regards,
veronica

Veronica Ma
18th Aug 2003, 11:41
Don't know if any of you are still having problems, but i thought i'd post a revision, cuz i couldn't quite repeat killing Boaz in the exact same way.

When i tried to kill her again, i found i could not target the back pods from within the corner. i had to shoot her in the face until she started spitting goo, then do a side flip to shoot the pod lids.

i also needed lots of ammo, which was oddly not a problem in the PS2 version.