PDA

View Full Version : Demo Disk Status?

Arielslover
5th Aug 2003, 20:10
Hey guys, awhile back, Eidos was taking sign-ups for a free demo disk to be distributed in June. Whatever happened to that? Did anyone ever receive it? Sorry if this has been asked before but I haven't been on in awhile.

Umah Bloodomen
5th Aug 2003, 20:14
No further information on the status of the Demo shipment has been issued at this time. When it becomes available, Chris will post it here accordingly.

Arielslover
5th Aug 2003, 20:20
Thanks Umah!

Also to Chris if you're out there, Congrats to Crystal D on taking over the TR series. Now maybe that series' quality will come up to the level LOK has been at for so many years.

Umah Bloodomen
5th Aug 2003, 20:26
Originally posted by Arielslover
Thanks Umah!

Also to Chris if you're out there, Congrats to Crystal D on taking over the TR series. Now maybe that series' quality will come up to the level LOK has been at for so many years.

You're quite welcome, Arielslover. :)

In regards to CD picking up the TR-franchise, there may be hope that I will actually be persuaded to like at least one game in the series now that this has happened. (TR is far from my favorite game series' :rolleyes: ;) ).

fneh
5th Aug 2003, 20:41
it's not a demo, it's a DVD.........

KainSyndrome101
5th Aug 2003, 22:39
And there hasn't been a word about it since it was announced. I just wish they could tell us if it's coming or not. Just a simple yes or no would be great.

Lady_D
5th Aug 2003, 23:39
Thanx guys, I was beginning to wonder about that DVD I signed up for. Man, that WAS a while ago. :confused:

ViperXtreme
6th Aug 2003, 02:46
I must say im dissapointed in their progress, I imagined that those DVD's would arrive sooner...

hm_rules
6th Aug 2003, 05:11
LMAO to last post

Johnny_anoniem
6th Aug 2003, 10:50
Originally posted by ViperXtreme
I must say im dissapointed in their progress, I imagined that those DVD's would arrive sooner...

Lol, you are one really funny guy :D, this adjusted Kain quote owns ;).

Well let's hope we don't have to wait till October... :(

Stukedogg
6th Aug 2003, 14:20
Maybe it's a good thing that they haven't even answered yes or no yet.

Maybe that means they are working so hard on this game that they don't even have time to answer yes or no.

The glass is half full you know. :)

Arielslover
6th Aug 2003, 17:40
Just to clarify,

I AM under the impression that this was only to be a demo disk of Eidos' 2003 lineup and not specific to LOK. Most likely I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't just a collection of trailers.

Anyway, who can argue with anything for free? That is if it ever gets shipped.

Lady_D
6th Aug 2003, 20:20
I just need more stuff to feed my Raziel addiction! Eidos pleeaase help me!

*begins to break out in a cold sweat and bangs head on desk*

I have now officially gone mad.

warpsavant
7th Aug 2003, 00:28
AFAIC, they can keep their DVD's and just get us a playable demo. A stand alone demo or on a magazines demo disc.

Apocrypha Roxy
7th Aug 2003, 00:41
If Amy and the gang REALLY loved us here at the Eidos forums, they'd stick a coupon in with the DVD for Defiance. Get a Raz action figure 1/2 price or something.

:p

Reaver of Souls
7th Aug 2003, 01:03
I won't go as far to as to say "damn Eidos", but I share your sentiments on the subject Chaotix. I mean, I live what, a couple hours from the border, maybe?

I am seriously starting to think that some Americans believe that all mail in Canada gets delivered by polar bear or dog sled. LOL :p Either that or they figured they would need to put it into both french and english, in which case I can really see why we aren't getting it up here.

Either way I hope it's only a movie so I don't miss out on anything really important. Didn't the sign up form also mention emails about Defiance? Anyone gotten one of them yet? I'm assuming not since no one posted about it.

Umah Bloodomen
7th Aug 2003, 01:21
Originally posted by Reaver of Souls
I am seriously starting to think that some Americans believe that all mail in Canada gets delivered by polar bear or dog sled.

You mean it doesn't? :confused: Man, talk about ruining my day. :( :p :D

I think that it's the tax to ship things internationally is what is preventing the DVDs from being offered to you, and overseas fans. ;)

Reaver of Souls
7th Aug 2003, 01:38
Couldn't they just like, get to the border witha catapult and then fire a box of DVDs over? And then get Canada Post to pick it up? I've never heard of a catapult tax before, it sounds reasonably safe. LOL. That probably won't happen though..oh well, I'll live. For now..:p

Umah Bloodomen
7th Aug 2003, 01:50
I don't think Homeland Security will allow that. :p

Last time I was in Ontario, I must admit that I didn't see a lot of sled dogs or polar bears, so I am guessing they use carrier pigeons now. :D

warpsavant
7th Aug 2003, 02:57
I guess they would have some type of plan with the postal service to ship 'em. Maybe they get a discount to ship all these DVD's and Canada Post didn't want to cut a deal.

blincoln
7th Aug 2003, 03:02
In all fairness, cross-border mail is kind of messed up. I've had things take a month to get from Toronto to Seattle, for example.

Chaotix
7th Aug 2003, 05:47
Well seeing as it is free, I still think there should be someway I can get it. If it is a DVD, Eidos should e-mail the files to us Canadians if shipping it is to hard. Oh and I like the catapult idea;) you may be onto some revolutionary postal service here.

Exiler
7th Aug 2003, 22:59
I dont think tax is not the issue for getting demo disc's from US.

When Blizzard did the 1st beta test for Diablo 2, they allowed Canadians also to enter.

Well I got selected for that, got it thru FEDEX and item value was marked that it had no commercial value = no tax.

That was pretty sweet.

I think it has to do with cost though, it DOES cost MORE money to send to Canada that within US.