PDA

View Full Version : Could that be Malek?

scotfried
5th Aug 2003, 12:10
3rd picture down on the right. Maybe it's just the spear, but the statue in the back looks kindof like Malek. The design on the carpet really seems to support that.

http://www.gamebiz.com.au/news.php?action=display&id=1825

Rhodon
5th Aug 2003, 15:45
Ummm, well it COULD be... but I really wouldn't count on it, 'cos didn't Raziel go back in time at the start of Defiance? At least I think I red something like that from somewhere... (yes, I can read.) And I think Malek wouldn't yet be a great Sarafan priest in that time. Wow, I'm a genius! @_@

But how really does the carpet support that?

Kazael
5th Aug 2003, 17:57
3rd picture down on the right? Statue in the back? That's Vorador. ;)

scotfried
5th Aug 2003, 21:30
How do you know it's vorador? Other then the red carpeting and motif, that statue doesn't specifically have any features that would say it's him. Besides, i've never seen vorador with a spear, just the bone reaver.

scotfried
5th Aug 2003, 21:34
Sorry to use two posts, I apparently CAN'T read. I meant that the design on the carpet (at least from the perspective in the pic) looks like

Malek being drawn and quartered by Moebius. His head, body, and arms spread out...I dunno..Just a feeling

Also, who said that had to be in the "past" at the beginning of the game anyways?

Umah Bloodomen
5th Aug 2003, 21:38
The carpet looks like an ornate design with no specific characters depicted. And the current information is, Raziel is starting the game around the same point SR2 left off, while Kain will be starting about 500 years later.

Kazael
5th Aug 2003, 22:01
How do you know it's vorador?

Well, first let's make sure we're talking about the same picture. It's this one (http://www.gamebiz.com.au/content/legacyofkaindefianceps2j3.jpg), right? I don't see that statue holding a spear at all. If you look closely, you can make out some features. Most notable are the unmistakable ears, the clothing (which very closely resembles what he wore in SR2), and the cloven feet with two toes.

If that's not the image you were referring to, can you point me at the right one?

hm_rules
6th Aug 2003, 05:16
its vorador i just saved the picture to my computer and zoomed in on it, its definatly Vorador

Lozza Mate
6th Aug 2003, 09:36
looks like vorador to me

Lucent
21st Aug 2003, 12:26
I played that stage at E3, that's the interior foyer of Vorador's Manor, and yes, that's a statue of Vorador.

^_^

Shadow Man
21st Aug 2003, 17:51
Originally posted by Lucent
I played that stage at E3, that's the interior foyer of Vorador's Manor, and yes, that's a statue of Vorador.

^_^

Are any of the vampires in wolf form, like in BO1? Or are you aloud to tell us?

Lucent
23rd Aug 2003, 07:13
I don't work for Crystal Dynamics (Though I'm willing to work at two companies should they be willing to bring me aboard ^_~) and it was a press-event anyway, so talking of the demo is fine ^_^

As far as I saw, I did not notice any wolf-form vampire enemies. I did see what looked like vampire enemies inside Vorador's manor, as well as large wraith-like claoked beings in the spectral realm that were a fun fight. The usual slaugh, and animated statues that look like Winged Ancients that attack outside of Vorador's manor. Also, Kain fights quite a few Saraphan warriors.

KoolKat_EF
24th Aug 2003, 20:34
Originally posted by scotfried

Malek being drawn and quartered by Moebius. His head, body, and arms spread out...I dunno..Just a feeling

I agree with that, Scotfried. It really does look like it.

As for the statue, there's no mistaking him. That's definetely Vorador.