PDA

View Full Version : Walkthroughs and Cheats

Firefly
4th Aug 2003, 19:36
How many of you resort to walkthroughs or cheats

I will never use cheats, there's no point buying the game if you have to cheat, and i will only resort to walkthroughs after weeks on the same problem. When i do read the solution i normally call myself a dumb ass for not seeing it in the first place. But this is what i want from my TR Games and not to be 'led by the hand' literally in AOD

Blind Intentions
6th Aug 2003, 00:07
I only use walkthroughs when I am stuck, and careful not to read ahead so I don't spoil anything. As for cheats, I use em but only after I have beaten the game first without em

Deekman
6th Aug 2003, 00:34
I can't vote in this poll, because cheats are different than walkthroughs.
I've consulted walkthroughs, but have never used cheats.

nowalruses
6th Aug 2003, 04:13
I'll use walk-thrus or hints if I'm completely stuck and need to start making progress again, but I hate myself for it. I never, ever read more than I need to know to move on.
I don't have any TR cheats, but if I did I might use them the third or fourth tim through just for some variety.
I'm almost finished the second time through, and it's still interesting enough to play without cheats.

TR-AOD
6th Aug 2003, 22:31
i never used a walkthrough or a cheat, only time i ever did was the 3rd time i played FFVII to help find some of the things i missed. A couple of times in TR games i had to ask a mate for help when i was stuck. AOD tho i found far too easy and cant believe people need a walk through, no offence to anyone who did find they needed one tho, i guess im just too damned clever :p

D3v1L80Y
9th Aug 2003, 21:42
well by definition a walkthrough IS a cheat of sorts as it tells you what is going to happen before it actually happens....but to answer the question, yes I use walkthroughs and cheats but only after I have completed the game on my own first. I use them only to see if there was something I could have done easier or if I missed anything

Aquarius
11th Aug 2003, 02:23
I'll only use walkthroughs as a last resort.

I'll use the cheats after I've been the game to make it more interesting. ;)

troublewolf
28th Aug 2003, 00:09
:D I alwyas use a walkthrough:D As I've said many times in the past, I am a tomb looker, not raider!:rolleyes: