PDA

View Full Version : 3DS remake- would you want it?

tiaeltaru
12th Jun 2012, 15:02
I for one would, and given SE was looking at doing remakes for the DS for it after III/IV but decided to look at the 3DS instead for it's power, I am of a mind we will see 3DS remakes for both V and VI.
When that is remains to be seen, but I would not be surprised to get an announcement of V 3DS at TGS or Jump Festa or SE's event later this year.

I know some didn't like the graphical style of the DS remakes, but I'm sure they'll make it look better on the 3DS.

DiMaggio voicing Gilgamesh, oh yeah.

Anyways, thoughts?

member_10822883
12th Jun 2012, 15:24
I think I'd rather have V Complete/PSP, but of all the FFs, I think V would do the best of the games for a 3DS remake.

member_10333514
12th Jun 2012, 15:32
Yes I want that for 3ds, but I would also like a Final Fantasy type-0 localization.

member_10008883
12th Jun 2012, 15:38
If they do anthing with V, honestly, thoughunrealistically, I'd like to see a full HD revamp of the game on PS3 :D

although, I know thats not going to happen, so I can keep to myslef...

but out of the more realitics options, I'd like to see a ultra-sprites PSP version of the game, or a 3DS version of the game with PS2 FF graphics...

the only thing I don't want to see happen to my favourite FF is the god-awful III and IV DS versions -.-

Jackstin
12th Jun 2012, 15:41
I'd marginally prefer an high resolution version, but a 3DS version would also be good.

I don't think V has got much visual style. It's not ugly! But its not as stylised as VI and IV. Just like III, I actually think this might benefit from a 3D remake. But then if that lead to a remake of VI...bleugh

tiaeltaru
12th Jun 2012, 15:45
I'd marginally prefer an high resolution version, but a 3DS version would also be good.

I don't think V has got much visual style. It's not ugly! But its not as stylised as VI and IV. Just like III, I actually think this might benefit from a 3D remake. But then if that lead to a remake of VI...bleugh

Given the 3DS capabilities, I believe they would both look better than the DS remakes of III and IV.

However, they'll still likely use that same style. (bobbleheads, etc.)

Jackstin
12th Jun 2012, 15:51

Given the 3DS capabilities, I believe they would both look better than the DS remakes of III and IV.

I like the bobble head style. However I am a believer that art style goes a long way. I personally think Final Fantasy VI looks better than games like inFamous, and Final Fantasy IX looks better than GTA. Maybe comaprisons in general are unfair, but I think VI has a flair which wouldn't necessarily be retained in a 3D remake.

tiaeltaru
12th Jun 2012, 15:52

I like the bobble head style. However I am a believer that art style goes a long way. I personally think Final Fantasy VI looks better than games like inFamous, and Final Fantasy IX looks better than GTA. Maybe comaprisons in general are unfair, but I think VI has a flair which wouldn't necessarily be retained in a 3D remake.

Maybe, but that won't stop a 3DS remake if it happens.

And InFamous 2 looks a lot better than InFamous, but yes, art style does go a long way.

zerodivide
13th Jun 2012, 08:40
Personally I'd rather see a Hi-Res (FF Dimensions-like) remaster than a bogglehead 3D styled one. Never was a huge fan of it. I would like if they did it Bravely Default style though. The backdrop art in BD is really awesome. Highly doubt that would happen however.

member_10742605
1st Aug 2012, 21:19
Of course. Remakes for V and VI on the 3DS (or Vita) would be more than welcome. I just hope it really happens.

MagiusNecros
2nd Aug 2012, 20:36
**** YEAH

new_tradition
3rd Aug 2012, 00:58
I think I'd rather have V Complete/PSP, but of all the FFs, I think V would do the best of the games for a 3DS remake.

How much more can FFV be complete, though? Was there extra content released about it? 'Cause that's the main reason why FFIV managed to get away with a 3rd remake, right?

member_10822883
3rd Aug 2012, 16:02
Can't really call the PSX version a remake, given all the lag, the terrible translation, and wrecked audio. The GBA version added a lot to the SFC version; it'd be cool to get that in higher quality.

Tsuko85
31st Dec 2012, 21:49
I for one would, and given SE was looking at doing remakes for the DS for it after III/IV but decided to look at the 3DS instead for it's power, I am of a mind we will see 3DS remakes for both V and VI.
When that is remains to be seen, but I would not be surprised to get an announcement of V 3DS at TGS or Jump Festa or SE's event later this year.

I know some didn't like the graphical style of the DS remakes, but I'm sure they'll make it look better on the 3DS.

DiMaggio voicing Gilgamesh, oh yeah.

Anyways, thoughts?

Yea for sure as long as it doesn't end up looking like Final Fantasy III for the NDS
If it looked like Final Fantasy 1/2/4 PSP and has the gba version exclusive dungeons like 1/2/4 PSP do
I'd buy it day 1

same with Final Fantasy VI

kratoscar2008
11th Feb 2013, 21:18
No i hated FF4 DS and FF3 DS too, FF 5 just need more content and prettier graphics like FF1 and FF2 remakes.

moooka
12th Feb 2013, 01:18
FF5 deserves a remake. I personally thought the 3D remakes of 3 and 4 were great, although I also played 4 Complete on the PSP. I wonder if the upcoming iOS release is graphically enhanced or has more content.

keikoku01
18th Feb 2013, 03:31
If there will be a remake for FF 5, I would not like to see it in 3DS because I hate chibi version of character (like FF3 and FF4 DS or FF12 RW). I think the 2D high resolution in PSP or PS Vita (or maybe PS3) will make the FF5 more classic and beautiful, like they did in FF1 & 2 PSP and FF4 Complete. I think they should add more dungeon, FMV from Anthology, and the use script and bonus from Advance version.

yankele
4th Mar 2013, 15:35
ill get it from day one!

Tsuko85
22nd Apr 2013, 08:25
I would only if it's 2D like FF1,2 and 4 PSP
I absolutely hated the FF III DS remake, not being able to get the job classes until you beat the Djinn boss made starting the game harder
Final Fantasy V ios is complete garbage because it wasn't released on PSP
I don't touch the ios products because there is no control pad
Square Enix, if you release Final Fantasy V on android phones
ADD SUPPORT SO IT CAN BE PLAYED WITH THE KEYBOARD!

Tsuko85
23rd Apr 2013, 16:40
Square Enix please release a Final Fantasy Advance Collection for 3DS with
Final Fantasy I&II Dawn of Souls, Final Fantasy IV Advance, V Advance and
VI Advance

mdelbrecht
20th May 2013, 20:25
Personally I liked FF III DS and loved FF IV DS, though it was nice to see the high-res 2D treatment for FF IV on PSP. To me the voice acting and 3D graphics of FF IV DS made the game come alive in a new way. I personally like the chibi, bobble head style (I mean, isn't that what the characters looked like in FF IX to a degree? http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

Both FF V and VI and Seiken Densetus 3 on 3DS would be an insta-buy for me, 3D or 2D.

shrugo
28th May 2013, 13:25
If FFV or VI were remade for the 3DS (and of course shipped to America as well) I would be tempted greatly to purchase a 3DS, as I do not own one now.
I would like a 3D version to come out for Android but something like that won't happen for maybe 6-8 years if ever.

Tsuko85
24th Sep 2014, 01:57
It would be nice to see some if not all of Square's GBA games on the Wii U Virtual console

Sword of Mana, Final Fantasy I, II, IV, V, VI Advance, and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Secret of Evermore needs to be put on there as well

The original three Saga games (Final Fantasy Legend Trilogy) for the B/W Gameboy could be put on the 3DS Virtual Console, same with the NES Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior games

I am surprised none of them have been put up on there yet... and hurry and put the two Saga Frontier games on the NA Playstation Network Store, Japan has every single Square release on their store and NA doesn't, not even the ones that got released over here

NA PSN Store got Xenogears FOUR YEARS after the Japanese PSN store got it....

Asamoya
28th Sep 2014, 16:27
This was my second favourite FF game - but the one that I put the most time into playing. A 3DS version (or a Steam release) would be an instant preorder.

Soulsofdeath
20th Jan 2015, 03:24
Ff v is my fav. Ff game of all time. You dont need a complex story sometime you need a simlpe game story and fun gameplay.

Soulsofdeath
20th Jan 2015, 03:50
remake it for vita and 3DS

Phychosis
8th Feb 2015, 16:29
As soon as you remake for DS port it to PC like you did 3 and 4

Phychosis
8th Feb 2015, 16:31
yes make them for DS and then port them to PC like you did 3 and 4 thank you