PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Impressions and Reviews

OhYourMother
14th Jun 2013, 15:17
What does everybody think of the game so far?

OhYourMother
14th Jun 2013, 15:18
What does everybody think of the game so far?

brothafro88
14th Jun 2013, 15:23
I would answer if I could ever get past the black screen after the log in screen.... *PC*

Fiore
14th Jun 2013, 15:24
I never really played an MMO before but so far its pretty fun.

OhYourMother
14th Jun 2013, 15:24
I had the same problem on my PS3 the servers weren't responding I had to keep resetting the game system

Roxas-asakura
14th Jun 2013, 15:39
I had the same problem on my PS3 the servers weren't responding I had to keep resetting the game system

me to i cant get into the game because all the server probems for ps3

member_10542577
14th Jun 2013, 15:53
I'll give you my answer when they decide to sent out more than a couple of PS3 NA Keys.

member_10645430
15th Jun 2013, 06:58
The changes are great sofar. yes i had problems w/download, it's a Beta..Graphics is a wonder to behold..Exploring is great, if u can't find something keep looking.

Handebrislor
15th Jun 2013, 08:18
I play on PS3 and it is great. It is not super easy but not super hard great experience so far.

rossrob0083
15th Jun 2013, 22:42
I'm testing on the titan server, and well her are a couple things I liked and didn't
. First off ,"WOW" the game looked to be exactly what I hoped it would be when I first got into it. I liked the detail in history for the races and characters. OPTIONS OPITIONS OPTIONS, they did good with customization of the character creation. First dislike was, well maybe you can do to much, not only could you have scars and face tattoos then you can cover it up with face paint on top of that(btw kudos for including Zells face tattoo under the paint category) even though the race selection is what it is(understandable) I like the class systems(even though gladiator could end up being op since it's not a specified class like the others) the only real issue was the typo I found under the hand to hand combat class(correct me if I'm wrong please). Other than just getting kicked off in the middle of a fate event and the limited interaction as far is being able to sit on furniture. I appreciate them idiot proofing things so that why I wont witness people committing suicide for fun by jumping off cliffs. I am testing on PS3 I do like the layout and feel. Big big wonderful thing in this game is the crystals that can be found all over for easy travel. Yes, other MMORPGs have that to but not as conviently located and placed. What do you think so far? My final take, so far so good.

GoJapanese
15th Jun 2013, 22:47
i like when i turn on my ps3 i see non ff fans playing the beta, and ff fans did get beta codes thats my dislikes

sleepyeyes
15th Jun 2013, 23:46
If they're playing the beta, odds are pretty good that they're fans.

member_10396687
16th Jun 2013, 01:17
^ same, I really am enjoying it for ps3, they really put a lot of work in to the game since v 1.0, it noticeable. For a beta only found one bug so far and no lag. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

angeleyez808
16th Jun 2013, 02:25
I just started playing FFXIV and got to level 7, and thus far no complaints... I love this game. Is there a way to have the npc's talk instead of reading everythign they say? If there is can someone tell me how to make that optional, if not I do wish the game would allow to hear the npc's talk instead of reading what they say. Other than that no complaints here. Graphics is awesome. I will be getting the game myself when it comes out. Another option that I do like is the sprint your character has in game. Not having to walk slow every where is great.

Grimoire
16th Jun 2013, 03:50
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

---

[Before posting a new thread...] (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29966925/Before_posting_a_new_thread...)

Grimoire
16th Jun 2013, 03:52
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

---

[Before posting a new thread...] (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29966925/Before_posting_a_new_thread...)

tejas73er
19th Jun 2013, 23:45
I haven't played a final fantasy title since 10 but I don't realy have any other games I am looking forward to so I went ahead and purchased 14. I'm also not much of an mmo player but all I own now is pc and I've had the final fantasy/jrpg itch so I figured its best I can do on PC. I applied for the beta a couple weeks ago but no word yet. Are people liking it so far and will it satisfy my thirst for Final Fantasy? Also will the graphics look alright on a gtx 560 ti? I always thought I had a bad ass card but everyone seems to have better now. Oh well not ready for an upgrade yet.

TheNeoReaper-1332814
19th Jun 2013, 23:49
I haven't played a final fantasy title since 10 but I don't realy have any other games I am looking forward to so I went ahead and purchased 14. I'm also not much of an mmo player but all I own now is pc and I've had the final fantasy/jrpg itch so I figured its best I can do on PC. I applied for the beta a couple weeks ago but no word yet. Are people liking it so far and will it satisfy my thirst for Final Fantasy? Also will the graphics look alright on a gtx 560 ti? I always thought I had a bad ass card but everyone seems to have better now. Oh well not ready for an upgrade yet.

I played the PS3 beta last weekend & will play it this weekend aswell. I fell in love with it. I'm actually having fun in a video game again.

tejas73er
19th Jun 2013, 23:52

I played the PS3 beta last weekend & will play it this weekend aswell. I fell in love with it. I'm actually having fun in a video game again.

Thats good to hear ive been so busy in life and whenever I play a game now adays it never holds my attention. Not saying I've grown out of em or there are no good games. I just think I 've gotten picky.

Grimoire
20th Jun 2013, 14:12

---

tejas73er
20th Jun 2013, 15:21
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

---

[Before posting a new thread...] (/go/thread/view/139235/29966925/Before_posting_a_new_thread...)

I cannot post there. Wont let me log on to that website so I post here....sorry but I will continue to post here.

tejas73er
20th Jun 2013, 15:22

bump

Can anyone in the beta tell me how it will run on a gtx 560 ti? I also have an i5, 8 gb ram and windows 7 if that helps at all.

tejas73er
21st Jun 2013, 00:02
So I found the benchmark tool which was neat and I scored a High with settings maxed out just in case anyone was wondering. There were some v sync issues and slightly noticeable slowdowns when there were many people on screen. Now I'm not a beta tester but is the benchmark just for us or does square want this info?

Grimoire
21st Jun 2013, 03:48
I cannot post there. Wont let me log on to that website...

This is incorrect. The [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)] is part of this website/forum.

tejas73er
21st Jun 2013, 08:20
I cannot post there. Wont let me log on to that website...

This is incorrect. The [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)] is part of this website/forum.

My bad. I was clicking on the ffxiv forum and it would take me away from here. I didnt realize there was a general forum. Thank you.

member_10392761
21st Jun 2013, 11:01
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

---

[Before posting a new thread...] (/go/thread/view/139235/29966925/Before_posting_a_new_thread...)

I cannot post there. Wont let me log on to that website so I post here....sorry but I will continue to post here.

As I have tried to tell him some of us don't have access to offical forums and he needs to stop with his little crusade. Only makes him look a fool!

tejas73er
21st Jun 2013, 11:12

---

As I have tried to tell him some of us don't have access to offical forums and he needs to stop with his little crusade. Only makes him look a fool!

Nah hes right though. There is a forum on this site that you can post to and he seems to contribute a lot to the forums its a little confusing though.

member_10392761
21st Jun 2013, 11:17

---

Nah hes right though. There is a forum on this site that you can post to and he seems to contribute a lot to the forums its a little confusing though.

Not really since a lot of people can not access to post on the officail forums only can read them and post on the general forums. He knows this and has been told. Nothing that can be done about it until it gets fixed on the company side of things.

skepticaldemon
21st Jun 2013, 11:40
Well, we can't be sure if it will be the full Final Fantasy experience we hope it to be. A Real Reborn has been getting okay reveiws though. We can't honestly know until the game is released September 27, 2013. But there is a definite buzz about the game, even if it has a lack of Final Fantasy, which would be a shame, the gameplay alone should make up for it.

tejas73er
21st Jun 2013, 11:47

---

Not really since a lot of people can not access to post on the officail forums only can read them and post on the general forums. He knows this and has been told. Nothing that can be done about it until it gets fixed on the company side of things.

seriously click on his link and scroll down a little.

tejas73er
21st Jun 2013, 11:49
Well, we can't be sure if it will be the full Final Fantasy experience we hope it to be. A Real Reborn has been getting okay reveiws though. We can't honestly know until the game is released September 27, 2013. But there is a definite buzz about the game, even if it has a lack of Final Fantasy, which would be a shame, the gameplay alone should make up for it.

I thought it was august.

pheonixblack
21st Jun 2013, 11:59
I'm about to make a new character, anyone wanna coop on a new character, i'll fo to any server

tejas73er
21st Jun 2013, 12:11
I'm about to make a new character, anyone wanna coop on a new character, i'll fo to any server

Lol this makes me kind of sad because I would love to but no beta invite yet. Are rubbing it in my face or something. Jk but you should enjoy the hell out of it for the rest of us. /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Grimoire
21st Jun 2013, 12:19
Concerning MEMBERS Forum access [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)] - See this thread: [/url][url="/go/thread/view/139235/29976703/FFXIV,_Buy_ps3_version_also_can_play_on_pc?post_id=533264281#533264281"]na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29976703/FFXIV,_Buy_ps3_version_also_can_play_on_pc?post_id=533264281#533264281)

tejas73er
21st Jun 2013, 12:32
Concerning MEMBERS Forum access [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)] - See this thread: [/url][url="/go/thread/view/139235/29976703/FFXIV,_Buy_ps3_version_also_can_play_on_pc?post_id=533264281#533264281"]na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29976703/FFXIV,_Buy_ps3_version_also_can_play_on_pc?post_id=533264281#533264281)

I got it covered man. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction but you could cool down a little. You seem to be the only one worried about where we post and you're posts contain very little info and at times seem abusive. Not trying to get all upity with you but we all share the forums and we can choose how to use them until a mod decides otherwise and locks it down. That has yet to happen so please stay off our case for maybe 5 minutes. This is borderline spam and like I said I followed your advice and relayed the message. There is no reason for you to continue posting here unless you have something new and constructive to add. Again not trying to call you out but you seem to be irritating a lot of people. Some advice I have is to be more elaborate in your posts because just throwing up a link is obviously not helping everyone and people could use more explanation. I appreciate the help and wish you a good day.

pheonixblack
21st Jun 2013, 12:34

Lol this makes me kind of sad because I would love to but no beta invite yet. Are rubbing it in my face or something. Jk but you should enjoy the hell out of it for the rest of us.

I kinda don't like the game very much....I started to play DCUO and got hooked over the week because I needed something to do between weekends/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

tejas73er
21st Jun 2013, 12:39

Lol this makes me kind of sad because I would love to but no beta invite yet. Are rubbing it in my face or something. Jk but you should enjoy the hell out of it for the rest of us.

I kinda don't like the game very much....I started to play DCUO and got hooked over the week because I needed something to do between weekends

Oh bummer I am sorry to hear that. My roomate had that game for his ps3 and I tried it a little. Just couldn't keep my attention. But I am not really a comic book guy so maybe the setting was all wrong for me.

pheonixblack
21st Jun 2013, 12:48

I kinda don't like the game very much....I started to play DCUO and got hooked over the week because I needed something to do between weekends

Oh bummer I am sorry to hear that. My roomate had that game for his ps3 and I tried it a little. Just couldn't keep my attention. But I am not really a comic book guy so maybe the setting was all wrong for me.

Yea that could be it, but I like comics and DC cartoons, so its a dream come true, I hope the Marvel game is as good, even though Marvel makes crap movies that ruin characters, its mostly bad directing./tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

PSN:Cimaira

Server:Malboro

PC name:Cute Baby

Race:cute baby/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

pheonixblack
21st Jun 2013, 12:57
The Malboro server is empty, looks like I lucked outhttp://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

pheonixblack
21st Jun 2013, 13:06
The Malboro server is empty, looks like I lucked out

Nvm

liljb93
21st Jun 2013, 14:48
ive had the beta since the 18th but it says it's on maintenance whenever i try to get on it with my ps3 is there specific times on the weekends that it will be open or what?

member_10770603
25th Jun 2013, 14:48
This game is gonna be my drug... it's only been a couple of days since the beta went offline and I am going through withdrawals! I don't think I was this hooked on FFXI when it came out! Lol

demyxx
25th Jun 2013, 16:12
I've been fine this week.

Last week I felt anxious lol.

member_10168025
25th Jun 2013, 16:42
I feel lethargic! LOL

I have a cycle. At the beginning of the week I feel lethargic and feel deprived. Towards the middle of the week I begin to feel normal again.

By the end of the week I am anxious and become impatient. By time the weekend hits I mess up my sleep schedule and get sucked into the game.

Then its rinse repeat.

I will be glad when the game releases and everything is balanced out again. Proper sleep, proper gameplay, and a feeling of satisfaction.

member_10770603
25th Jun 2013, 17:11
I feel lethargic! LOL

I have a cycle. At the beginning of the week I feel lethargic and feel deprived. Towards the middle of the week I begin to feel normal again.

By the end of the week I am anxious and become impatient. By time the weekend hits I mess up my sleep schedule and get sucked into the game.

Then its rinse repeat.

I will be glad when the game releases and everything is balanced out again. Proper sleep, proper gameplay, and a feeling of satisfaction.

Lol! I know exactly what you mean. During the past two weekends, I wasn't able to get any sleep and I was on red bulls and 5 hour energy drinks to get me through those weekends. Didn't really get much sleep.

tejas73er
25th Jun 2013, 17:35
I just leak jealousy honestly because I have no beta invite. Can't wait for phase 4 when I can actually play.

Tidussj
26th Jun 2013, 11:07
I know this may sound ridiculous but everything in a game contributes to its feel/vibe including font/text/text boxes.
Can we all PLEASE come together and submit feedback on how awful the big gold/times new roman(close enough) lettering is and Fable like text boxes.. it just adds more to the already obvious WOW (and even Fable) feel. Has anyone noticed that the damage hit points are confusing to read? Its because the “1”s look like “I”s or Roman numerals..just awful choice..why cant they aim in the direction of where XIII and XV are going, it is much more final fantasy like these days..they did a good job with the hp/mp/tp meters and that’s about it. That’s how the rest of the UI and game should look like..im just not impressed at all..its a simple fix/implementation and im surprised not many are bothered by it but to me it takes that FF feel away from the game.

Please share you thoughts on this or any similar situation that you can relate to

demyxx
26th Jun 2013, 11:12
Post this a the Beta forums or post it Friday in the feedback forums when it's open. It's closed now so they can take notes on what they got to look at now. I don't mind the text as I can barely see it since the game with SE thinking everyone has Pro HMDI TV inputs lol.

Vinure
26th Jun 2013, 11:32
From the screenshots I've seen, if anything, the battles look like they could get confusing at times. There are sets of text flying up from every where, AoE/Spell/Skill animations going off(F.A.T.E./Party). I can see where it would be very easy to get annoyed by it. Is there a feature to turn down/off these partical effects?

I would have to agree with your opinion about a font change, but I'd much rather have FFXII's font set up.

Maybe they could add a FinalFantasy-Font System to cycle through the FF-Fonts of the ages <3 Although that seems like it would be a rather large undertaking.

member_10454670
26th Jun 2013, 12:26
From the screenshots I've seen, if anything, the battles look like they could get confusing at times. There are sets of text flying up from every where, AoE/Spell/Skill animations going off(F.A.T.E./Party). I can see where it would be very easy to get annoyed by it. Is there a feature to turn down/off these partical effects?

As with anything, part of it is simply experience. You will learn what to filter out quickly and may even do so without the realization that it has been done. A few minutes spent reading the manual will also teach you which text colors signify what.

To be clear - I am not arguing against the ability to customize ones own HUD. I simply don't find it necessary.

Vinure
26th Jun 2013, 12:36
Color-Coded information is always a good way to go in my opinion.

Thanks for the information and I agree with you on modified HUD's being unnecessary. On the other side of that comment I also hold the firm belief that customization leads to better emersion.

Tidussj
26th Jun 2013, 13:05

I would have to agree with your opinion about a font change, but I'd much rather have FFXII's font set up.

Maybe they could add a FinalFantasy-Font System to cycle through the FF-Fonts of the ages <3 although="" that="" seems="" like="" it="" would="" be="" a="" rather="" large="" undertaking="" p="">

very true and I agree.

WoolySkywalker
2nd Jul 2013, 15:37
So here are my thoughts on Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn. This is by far the best MMO RPG I have ever played, there are a few things I think that need to be worked on. 1st, the mission waypoint on the minimap should tell you the direction to get where you need to go (as it is the waypoint only shows up if your in the specific area) it should lead you to the area as well as the mission location. 2nd, the cooldown for abilities should be different (as it is when you do one move all moves go on cooldown) Example, if you use the ability True Thrust only that move should go on cooldown. Leaving the other moves free to perform if you wish. 3rd, the targeting system is simple to understand but hard to acutally use in combat. An easy solution to this would be to have an auto target option. Once the intitial target is defeated the cursor will move to the closest target to the player character. 4th, armor restrictions are ok, but their too strict on the class that use them. Example, Gladiators get heavy armors like Bronze, Iron, and others. Lancers only get light armors and a few heavy armors, if a Lancer wants to tank it needs heavier armors. 5th, only some armors are able to be Dyed, all armors and clothes just be Dyeable. That's about it. I'm not complaining I'm just saying it's not perfect (no game is). I welcome any and all resonpses to this post and hope eveybody has fun adventuring in Eorzea. final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn is a great game and it's only in beta testing (Phase 3) I'm really looking forward to playing the full game in August. Just posting some feedback on a few bugs and things I don't like about it.

Vinure
2nd Jul 2013, 20:41
You can open individual area's of the world through the MAP features. (I play the PS3 version, so for me, it's Square and then D-Pad) You're then able to open individual locations the waypoint leads to and view exactly where it is. I belive the reason they do it like this is most people are going to use teleporting to go from one location to another(I know I do) and it's much easier to see the region title of where I'm going, teleport, then open the map to see exactly where in that region I need to be. The other possible reason is unloaded/unexplored areas a waypoint may be pointing you to are not in your explored area's and lead you to a blank map.

GCD(Global Cool Downs) are used on main skills for each class. There would be completely unbalanced damage outputs if you were capable of spamming every Main-Hand damage skill every 2.5 seconds. For example, the MRD class has 7 abilities that use a 2.5 second cooldown. That's also not including Cross-Class abilities, which would lead to 17 attacks every 2.5 seconds. To use MRD as an example again, at level 20, you would be able to spam 6 attack skills every 2.5 seconds and that's assuming you don't have other classess leveled that you can Cross-Class 4 more abilities, giving you 10 spamming abilities every 2.5 seconds. All of which is to say it would take your 2.5 second damage output (which everything is based on: Mobs/PvP/Equipment/ect...) and make it 10x (at level 20) or 17x (at level 50) which is completely over powered.

The targeting system has different features if you go into the configure tabs. You can assign different features to different keys(PC) or D-Pad (PS3) For example, if I want to toggle through Party/PC/NPC/Objects, I use UP/Down. To toggle through enemies, I use Left/Right. Another way to use the Target System as you suggested is to "target nearest mob" you can already do that with the Macro system. You can also chain abilities and and predict/mark targets. Another example is, for when I just want to target the next closest MOB to me, I use "/targetenemy (/tenemy)" Targets the closest enemy within a certain radius and tie it to a hotbar slot (extremely easy system to use). That's not to mention the hundreds of other things you can do with the Macro System.

Your suggestion for armor is a confusing one. LNC are not tanks so giving them tank armor makes little sense. GLA's are tanks which is why they belong to the heavy armor class, MRD's as well. LNC taking full hits in a party to tank means they couldn't find a proper tank. LNC's DD'ing comes from their ability to Back/Flank their enemies. You would create over-powered characteres if you gave one class more attack/damage without sacrificing something in return.

Yoshi-P already stated he would like specific armor/sets to remain distinguishable the way they are. As I think we should have freedom to alter the armor color any way we see fit I can see his reasoning for this and I'd honesetly rather not see hot pink-purple (clown) mixtures running around. That shouldn't suggest I agree with the limit on which armor can be dyed, maybe just the types of dye available to that specific type of armor.

WoolySkywalker
2nd Jul 2013, 22:24
You have some very good points, especaily the overpowered LNC. I never did figure out the macro system. I don't know how you get the map thing to work (I tried) but if it works that's cool. You seem really knowlegable about this game and the system of gameplay. I still don't see why having an overpowered character is a bad thing. PVP and PVE would go alot faster and it wouldn't take multiple tries to kill a boss or even a harder enemy. I understand that it balances the characters but if all characters could be overpowered then it wouldn't matter. Thank you for your reply, and you have some really good points.

Kuronaga
3rd Jul 2013, 09:23
I'll apologize in advance if this post seems confrontational.

First of all, Eric, I'd like to point you towards this article. Read it... hopefully the message is clear.

www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/wow-killed-a-g... (http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/wow-killed-a-genre-says-firefall-dev/)

I still don't see why having an overpowered character is a bad thing. PVP and PVE would go alot faster and it wouldn't take multiple tries to kill a boss or even a harder enemy. I understand that it balances the characters but if all characters could be overpowered then it wouldn't matter.

Allowing characters to become "overpowered" is just poor design. The ability to feel "overpowered" is better suited for games that have a 10-50 hour lifespan... not within an MMO. The entire sense of accomplishment, along with sustainable replayability, is lost when you're able to faceroll through content. I don't consider that fun nor entertaining. Immediate gratification is exactly that... immediate; and then what? On to the next trivial task?

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

This generation of gamers seems to be spoiled rotten when it comes to the average difficulty curve found in most modern games. I quit before the ToAU expansion came out... but I remember encounters in FFXI, such as Kirin and Tiamat, that had the potential to last for hours. That's after sitting in an area for hours on end... waiting for the boss to respawn. That is if you manage to even get the claim against rival groups (on world bosses), have intelligent players in your group, and dont screw up. It's when you finally beat these encounters with your friends and receive the rare loot that has a small chance of dropping... this is when I'd argue that one becomes worthy of feeling accomplished.

The same holds true in PvP. I'll speak for myself here, but taking someone out in a global is only entertaining the first couple times. Stick with a FPS if that's the extent of what tickles your fancy.

As for the other points you brought up:

1. Dyes - I'll agree to an extent. Non-specific armor should have more freedom when it comes to the ability to dye them. Class-specific, however, should remain as they are. It's iconic of the class. I'll meet you halfway here, and support the idea of differing shades within the same color spectrum for class-specific sets.

2. Armor Restrictions - Here I'll disagree for what should be obvious reasons.. Different armor classes are there for a reason... to differentiate between character archtypes. Casters don't generally wander around in full plate casting shock spells... and I don't think tank classes would enjoy doing their job while wearing a cloth tunic. There are, obviously, exceptions (looking at you, FFXI Ninja).

3. Targeting - I can't say I've had much of an issue with PC controls. I can, however, imagine it being a potential nightmare when dealing with large groups on the PS3 with a controller. I'm pretty sure there are macro commands that would alleviate many of the problematic targeting issues.

4. Mission/Quest Directions - I'm a bit torn on this one. Ease of access and convenience VS immersion and lore. Unless the flavor text and dialogue is completely botched, a little reading should direct you to where you need to go.

Paladin_Locke
3rd Jul 2013, 11:04
Going to have to agree with Ian. Most of your complaints are things that make the game good. The one that irritated me the most is you're upset that you can't wear any armor as any class? Come on.. think about things before you post them man. ONLY tanks wear heavy armor. Lancer is NOT a tank. Why would they need heavy armor? If a Lancer has aggro, then someone is doing something wrong.

Cooldowns are exactly as they should be. We NEED global cooldowns that stretch across all abilities. Are you going to be in the middle of a thrust attack and then instantly start another half a second later? Tell you what. If you can perform two spear moves at the same time in real life, I'll back you on this. Otherwise, turn your brain back on buddy.

Targeting is indeed a mess on the PS3, but that is why they expect you to use macros. I play on PC and haven't figured them all out yet, but you can set them to target pretty much anything.

You should also feel glad that they gave you ANY quest markers at all. In Final Fantasy 11, we didn't get jack ***** as far as markers. You want to get to the next part, you follow someone that knows, or look it up online. To be honest, I sort of miss that fact about FFXI. It promoted grouping and as such, the games community.

The dyes I have a few issues with myself. Nothing huge but I would like a brighter color spectrum rather than dark or off colored dyes. I don't have a problem that you can't dye unique armor. Would I prefer it that you could? Definitely, but this isn't going to bug me beyond that.

tminis1
4th Jul 2013, 20:27
To be completely honest I think some of the dungeons/bosses so far are way too easy! Does anyone else agree? The challenge is what drives players to learn more and play harder/longer. I for one hope that it gets a whole lot more difficult with the final release. So I am totally against making classes over powered.

On a side note. Does anyone know what the stacks are for Arcanist to make a summoner? EX. Dragoon= 30 LNC + 15 Pug.?

Also, it seems to me that Maruader is going to be less played in this game except for sub job purposes. He is not as good of a meele DD as LNC and no where as good as a tank in regards to the gladiator. Where is his purpose? You know what would be sexy, Maruader lvl 30 + Arcanist lvl 15 = Dark Knight....Just a wish!

Just babbling......Tim

Andryste
4th Jul 2013, 21:40
To be completely honest I think some of the dungeons/bosses so far are way too easy! Does anyone else agree? The challenge is what drives players to learn more and play harder/longer. I for one hope that it gets a whole lot more difficult with the final release. So I am totally against making classes over powered.

On a side note. Does anyone know what the stacks are for Arcanist to make a summoner? EX. Dragoon= 30 LNC + 15 Pug.?

Also, it seems to me that Maruader is going to be less played in this game except for sub job purposes. He is not as good of a meele DD as LNC and no where as good as a tank in regards to the gladiator. Where is his purpose? You know what would be sexy, Maruader lvl 30 + Arcanist lvl 15 = Dark Knight....Just a wish!

Just babbling......Tim

As far as I know all classes have to get to level 30, do a quest that will give them a Job Crystal and then voil├* you are now the Job version of your class. I assume for the Arcanist you will just be asked what way you want to go weather it be Scholar or Summoner.

member_10168025
4th Jul 2013, 22:11
I'll apologize in advance if this post seems confrontational.

First of all, Eric, I'd like to point you towards this article. Read it... hopefully the message is clear.

www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/wow-killed-a-g... (http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/wow-killed-a-genre-says-firefall-dev/)

I still don't see why having an overpowered character is a bad thing. PVP and PVE would go alot faster and it wouldn't take multiple tries to kill a boss or even a harder enemy. I understand that it balances the characters but if all characters could be overpowered then it wouldn't matter.

Allowing characters to become "overpowered" is just poor design. The ability to feel "overpowered" is better suited for games that have a 10-50 hour lifespan... not within an MMO. The entire sense of accomplishment, along with sustainable replayability, is lost when you're able to faceroll through content. I don't consider that fun nor entertaining. Immediate gratification is exactly that... immediate; and then what? On to the next trivial task?

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

This generation of gamers seems to be spoiled rotten when it comes to the average difficulty curve found in most modern games. I quit before the ToAU expansion came out... but I remember encounters in FFXI, such as Kirin and Tiamat, that had the potential to last for hours. That's after sitting in an area for hours on end... waiting for the boss to respawn. That is if you manage to even get the claim against rival groups (on world bosses), have intelligent players in your group, and dont screw up. It's when you finally beat these encounters with your friends and receive the rare loot that has a small chance of dropping... this is when I'd argue that one becomes worthy of feeling accomplished.

The same holds true in PvP. I'll speak for myself here, but taking someone out in a global is only entertaining the first couple times. Stick with a FPS if that's the extent of what tickles your fancy.

As for the other points you brought up:

1. Dyes - I'll agree to an extent. Non-specific armor should have more freedom when it comes to the ability to dye them. Class-specific, however, should remain as they are. It's iconic of the class. I'll meet you halfway here, and support the idea of differing shades within the same color spectrum for class-specific sets.

2. Armor Restrictions - Here I'll disagree for what should be obvious reasons.. Different armor classes are there for a reason... to differentiate between character archtypes. Casters don't generally wander around in full plate casting shock spells... and I don't think tank classes would enjoy doing their job while wearing a cloth tunic. There are, obviously, exceptions (looking at you, FFXI Ninja).

3. Targeting - I can't say I've had much of an issue with PC controls. I can, however, imagine it being a potential nightmare when dealing with large groups on the PS3 with a controller. I'm pretty sure there are macro commands that would alleviate many of the problematic targeting issues.

4. Mission/Quest Directions - I'm a bit torn on this one. Ease of access and convenience VS immersion and lore. Unless the flavor text and dialogue is completely botched, a little reading should direct you to where you need to go.

It starts... :(
(not in support of this post for anyone who is confused.)

Kuronaga
4th Jul 2013, 22:46
It starts... :(
(not in support of this post for anyone who is confused.)

Care to elaborate rather than leave me with a generic cliff-hanger?

Logically one can conclude that you're concerned that my post may potentially spawn a "casual VS elitist" discussion, as my other points are hardly arguementative. That is not my intent. It's more along the lines of solid, sustainable, challenging and enjoyable gameplay VS dull, uninspiring, over-simplified combat and content that seeks to satiate immediate gratification. That's the path Eric's desire for over-powered characters, no GCD button mashing, and faceroll-easy-content will ultimatately follow... and it becomes monotonous rather quickly. PvP/PvE should be a difficult and rewarding learning experience. You shouldn't expect to defeat an encounter the first, second, or even third time you enter the dance.... as Eric suggests.

What fun would that be? Are the days gone where one can find overcoming a legitimate challenge... exciting?

WoolySkywalker
6th Jul 2013, 21:15
Alright, you guys obviously didn't understand me. Let me make it clear. I AM NOT SAYING THE GAME NEEDS CHANGED! I'm only suggesting things. I thank you for your comments, but I started this post to talk about what might make ARR better. That's why we're playing the beta, to give feedback on the game and make an objective opinion. I did not start this post to be told I'm wrong by every 18 year old with a PC. Instead of telling me I'm wrong, why don't you think of something you might want to see in the game. I really don't mean to come off as a jerk or whiner. I'm just stating my thoughts on the game. Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn is a great game and I have tons of fun playing it. I hope you all have fun also. By the way I'm 29 years old, and have been playing Final Fantasy since the first one, I have beat every FF game and even when so far as to beat the Weapons in FF7 and Yaizamat in FF12, I put over 500 hours on FF10. I come from the generation that loves a good challenge.

Fubar4585
7th Jul 2013, 18:59
Ok guys. I'm not trying to cause any flaming nor am I attempting to change anyones opinions. These are just my thoughts as of late and please feel free to share yours.

LIMIT BREAKS: I've been an advocate for individual limit breaks since I found out there weren't any. Feeling confident we would have news of them soon due to all the feedback I just began to wait. Yoshi recently said there are no plans for them at all. They would just be another skill. Also he wanted to prevent people from creating favoritism on the classes/jobs with them. I am not going to flame him for this. All I can say is...why? Favoritism will be there regardless, even with just party limit breaks the very same problem can happen. As for it being "just another skill." I disagree. It's a staple in the FF franchise and because it is a limit break makes it more than a skill. We all have our variations of what they can be or would want them to be but I feel they should be there one way or the other. I'm not too unhappy with the fact that many share the same limit breaks because it IS still beta and they are merely lvl 1 LB's. Time is needed to form an opinion on that part, at least for me.

JOBS: Now with this it becomes a much more sensitive subject due to playstyle and personal preference. In my opinion the jobs should be much more than a party setting. It is widely known that they are meant almost strictly for dungeons and other group quests. This in itself bothers me. It feels almost as if I must regress my character to play solo. I am in fact a soloist at heart with very few exceptions. Not to say I don't like groups. It is an MMO after all. Just seeing those videos of dragoons and white mages running around the open world feels like a lie now. I tell myself "That wouldn't happen. You can't solo with a job." In the end it makes me very sad. When I reach the point of getting the job I've been after, I want to remain that way for as long as I want without having to get rid of it because I want to run around the world for a bit. They look great and they make a very big deal out of them, but from what I've seen and heard....It is merely a focus tool for groups. Nothing more. I truly hope that I am wrong and they make them much more fulfilling.

The issues I am talking about are really the only ones I care about. I feel like I may need to cancel a pre-order on the game I've been waiting for since I heard about it. It's not because of those problems by themselves, it's the fact that they're both there. They're both there looking at me and giving me serious second thoughts.

I'm not looking for convincing I just want to hear how others may feel about these particular issues or if you guys may have any issues at all with them.

Thanks.

P.S. Yoshi is still the man. I just hope he might still come through on one of these. Lol.

Atma-Weapon
7th Jul 2013, 20:19
I've seen these two topics discussed at length on the beta forums, and I'm pretty much in the same boat you are. Especially when it comes to jobs being independently viable. I can live with the current state of limit breaks, but if I'm basically forced into switching jobs for any occasion where I'm flying solo, then it will really kill my overall enjoyment.

Morgue101
7th Jul 2013, 21:15
I've seen these two topics discussed at length on the beta forums, and I'm pretty much in the same boat you are. Especially when it comes to jobs being independently viable. I can live with the current state of limit breaks, but if I'm basically forced into switching jobs for any occasion where I'm flying solo, then it will really kill my overall enjoyment.

^ This

Fubar4585
7th Jul 2013, 21:30
Yeah. The discussions on the forums seem to dry up fast because of petty flaming and "name calling." lol. I've always had good experiences here and I'm glad at least a couple of you have taken an interest.

I agree with you as well Atma about the limit breaks. I could even live with the jobs. The fact that they are BOTH issues is what concerns me.

I just don't know if I can pay a monthly fee for something that I hope will get better.

I may just buy the CE I've pre-ordered and keep it sealed until I believe I can pay without hoping and just have fun.

I'm not saying the is not worth it by any means. Just not to me just yet. I'll give it another go on open beta and see.

Rowen_Strife
8th Jul 2013, 01:59
I don't normally post on forums but considering the topic here I thought I'd add in my experience from the beta so far.

Limit breaks: From the amount of gameplay I've experienced yes it would be nice if each class had there own limit breaks and were set to each indiviual player instead of a group however, this could and would become extremely abused within days of the games launch, I'm normally a soloist myself and have found that without any type of limit break WHILE SOLO (Lancer Lv.19/Thaumaturge Lv.14) I required the use of more skill and tactics to survive instead of relying on a limit break to build up and keep it for that last second needed to live which in my opinion alreay makes this a fun game, its not too difficult but its not easy mode ether like some other MMO's out there.

Now as for group limit breaks I can easily see a problem that may acure, some people might start judging other job/class limit breaks to be ineffective or un-needed and claiming that only certain classes/players can use the limit break in their party an example being if the healer thinks themselves the most important they might want the limit break all to themselves so they don't have to stress as much on healing, now like I said this is a possible outcome and most would think letting the healer have the limit break is a good plan but what if your lacking dps and that stage 2 limit break in a boss fight could make a huge difference in the survival rate of the group?

Personally I like the way its set up in the beta and I know its subject to change much like everything else but I really think you guys should reconsider giving the game a shot.

Jobs: Now as for job/classes its rather simple if you think about it, how many of you sat and played an older Final Fantasy until the characters you wanted had every skill you needed? Final Fantasy 7 is a prime example, how many hours did we all spend jsut to farm/breed materia so that our favorite characters had every spell/summon that we wanted? I myself put a large amount of hours into the game for such reasons and never got board doing it. The job's/classes in FFXIV will be no different than doing this, running around as a lancer I realized quickly that I would need some other class to help my playstyle, I mean if one class alone could play from start to finish that would make the game rather dull and give no reason to explore all your options, I've run into players who mix Conjurer's and Thaumaturges (healing and magic dps) not a bad combination really and they bring more to a party that way. I have yet to reach the advanced classes but I don't think my opinion will change once I do, I like the way things are set up and the ability to go pick up a new class when I would like without having to start completely over in the character creator.

Fubar4585
8th Jul 2013, 05:35
Well Tim it's not so much the classes for me. It's the fact that I can't seem to be able to fine tune my character say to Dragoon and be viable for solo play. Being able to switch jobs/classes is great. Using multiple class skills is great. Just if I want to go straight black mage I have to be in a party to be effective.

I personally find that to be a let down since they publicize the jobs in a way that makes them a bigger deal than they actually are. Not that it's too upsetting or anything, but it's a personal opinion that jobs should be more than a party tool. Why even go through the effort of changing how they look if your just back to your class after the dungeon? I don't know.

I may have had different expectations but that's also why I made this thread. I'm not saying it's wrong or the devs don't care. All I can ask is why, and how everyone feels if anything about it.

member_10168025
9th Jul 2013, 14:43
This is yet another thank you to Square-Enix for making the best games I have ever played over and over.

I have over 30 Final Fantasy titles in my collection, and I have been playing video games for over 20 years.

I will break this down to into sections for clarity.

**************This game is a bit different to post about but I'll do my best*********No possible spoilers because the game is over.*******

*Story
*Battle System
*Characters (Models/voices/acting)
*Mechanics
*Linear/Freedom
*Music
*Menu
*Difficulty
*NF (Aka Nostalgia Factor) (Please refer to "Final Fantasy In My Opinion" post for more depth on this subject, By yours truly Daniolaut)

*Story
I very much enjoyed the story in Final Fantasy XIV. I started in Limsa Lominsa and from Baderon and his snarky guidance, to Sisipu and her careless persona, to Minfilia to her careing yet stern attitude the story was very enjoyable. From the origial story to the added content later placed in by Naoki Yoshida. The threat of the Garlean Empire was very looming and rather intimidating. I really enjoyed how the three grand companies came together and banded as one in mass against the daunting threat of the great Dalamud later reveald to be Bahamut, a shock that I dont feel anyone knew was coming. An amazing touch of detail all accross the board. Both teams payed so much attention to detail sometimes larger things were slipping through the cracks. Certain bugs and other things found their way into the early stages of the game which many players couldnt get past, but if one had taken into consideration the amount of detail placed on so many things and realizing the bugs would eventually work themselves out the game would have been a success from the beginning. During focus points in the story I felt very enveloped in Eorzea and really felt the excitment that my character might had been feeling. Certain quests really stand out, one of them being United We Stand. That quest was the pinnacle of the union amongst not only the world of Hydaelyn but also the players themselves. It was a grand quest of sorts where you had to work your way past numerous hoards of enemies, to reach a certain gate, then you were faced with a massive Machina and an onslaught of Garlean soldiers. It was certainly fun. I am very excited to experience the new story to be told in A Realm Reborn.

*Battle System
The battle system had seen a couple of changes even now the battle system is being changed. This is a hot topic amongst players so I'll try to stick to the two most recent systems. In 1.23 it was a very enjoyable combo system. Although the skills were set on a cool down and you had to build TP to initiate the skills it felt you really were never waiting too long to get things moving. You had time to view your other party members health and their actions and you could constantly plan accordingly. The new ARR system, which currently not finished as its still in a beta phase. I feel the new system is even more enjoyable as each class not only has some sort of "combo" (more of a progression style combat instead of exactly 1st step 2nd step 3rd step) the players have a greater choice. You can easily pick your "favorite" path in your "combos" or you can truly spend time learning your skills and then maximizing your own personalized set up. I am very excited to try the new system out.

*Characters
The Character creation is very fun. If there were a Character creator for the real world it would be very much like the one in FFXIV. There are races and generally there is a similar bone structure but there are varying differences amongst the races. Some have tails, some are much larger, some are much smaller, some atheletic, some intelligent. Its a great system and I think there are plenty of options with many more to come!

The Character found in Eorzea are also quite interesting. As I mentioned before I really enjoyed Baderon I also almost looked up to Y'shtola. She was the first person to present major abilities and was quite intriguing. There was so much mystery surrounding her and the circle of knowing. It will be great to learn more about these characters in ARR. I really enjoyed the entire world all around. I loved the way the pirates in Limsa would talk to you and how interesting it seemed and really made it feel like I was in a deep rooted culture.

*Mechanics
I really enjoyed some of the mechanics in FFXIV. I enjoy the ability to teleport to location to location. I always felt a new player should spend more time getting around and opening up the world, but once you become acquainted and have obtained higher levels with many things to accomplish there should be a way to travel faster. In older Final Fantasy's you get the airship and it will get you from one place to another very quickely. Instead of giving each player their own airship, which would be very difficult in an MMO, SE devised a wonderful idea of "Aetherial" transporation. I mean come on, who doesnt dream about teleporting to their job, or girlfriend/boyfriend/Spouses location? I also feel like the market/retainer system is by far the best I could ever imagine in an MMO. Your retainers hold your excess items and sell them for you if you wish them to. There is not time limit and you can set your own price. Your retainer will sell your items even if youre not online, and they will never send them back to you under any circumstance. While purchasing items you can search a list by either entering an item name, or by searching via level and roll/class/job. Its by far the best. I love it!

*Linear/Freedom
FFXIV is certainly the most open and free world in the Final Fantasy world. There are limited restrictive quests compared to other Final Fantasy's, there is still a path that one can follow to progress the story but its not required. In ARR things are a little different and from level 1-15 they have made the questing so that new players of the genre do not feel overwhelemed. While this style is a bit different from its predecessor it is very welcomed and makes sense in regard to the games mechanics. I enjoy both systems.

*Music
FFXIV had amazing music, and ARR's music is even more so enjoyable. I could listen to the songs of both games over and over. From Limsa's theme, in both games, to the leve music, again in both games, and the very very welcomed of the return of songs found in previous Final Fantasy's. You must play ARR to know what I am talking about. I am more than thrilled to hear whats in store for the new game, as so far I have been pleased!

*Menu
The menu was very intuitive in most regards. You could very easily locate the items and functions you were looking for very quickly. There was a bit of lag, but once you became accustomed to the speed at which the menu opened it became nearly un-noticeable. I never felt confused or forgot where something was. The new menu is still in the works and so far its only improved. I am curious to see the more final product.

*Difficulty
As this is an MMO the difficulty can vary. If you play with the more educated players who are well geared the game can seem easy. If you play with new players or undergeard it can seem nearly impossible. I have noticed, as long as they party members were willing to work together and not bicker or werent restricted on time most all the content could be completeted, after properly preparing, but then again that is any game.

It has been said that "Darnus Hard" was only completed by 400 people. After trying it out myself (only twice due to limited time) I quickly had seen why. It was a certainly challenging foe!

*NF
With the addition of ARR FFXIV has so much NF it is astonishing! I love it! I cannot wait to play this game. So far everything makes sense as to why its in the game, and it doesnt feel like it was forced at all. From Materia, to Magitek, to Machina, etc, the game is simply amazing in this regard!

Great job Tanaka, and Naoki Yoshida. Maybe they should have been a little easy on Tanaka, as he certainly set a good base for a game for Yoshida to build on. I feel they could have made a great team. (If they get along I do not know haha.)

TLDR: (there is no TLDR, read the next line as to what I want you to see.)

*************(This thread is not up for debate. ********************

************This is my opinion and my thank you to Square-Enix for this game ************

*************if you have nasty things to say take it elsewhere. Make your own thread talk your crap there, do not burden me or SE with your complaints on this thread. I thank you in advance.)***********************

Rowen_Strife
9th Jul 2013, 16:43
I can understand what your saying and this is just me giving my opinion of the game so far and I will admit I myself was slightly dissapointed in the way the job changing was handled, personally I would love to be able to change jobs in mid combat but thats not possible and I doubt they will give us that ability later. As for being effective as a solo mage I understand its difficult I had plenty of trouble kiting mobs while trying to dps them down but I can also understand why they made it so difficult to solo this game, like most MMO's now days they are trying to force people to socialize with others and group up to have a much more enjoyable experience even though some of us wish to solo XD.

I do beleive we all have high hopes for the game and will just have to see how things go once the launch actually hits, I sometimes find myself forgeting that the game is still in beta because of how enjoyable it has been for me and my friends. I can understand what your saying and its more than reasonable to ask why about anything, but I hope by luanch your enjoying the game much more than you are now.

ThundagaFF
18th Aug 2013, 21:45
First of i'd like to say that I'm very pleased that you're working on Final Fantasy XIV. I just found out today that the game was out on open beta. Got so excited and downloaded it almost instantly. If there's anyone who can beat all those MMO's out there it's you. And you know which game i'm pointing at ^^

Okay so I dont know what you're planning and I havnt read up on your plans. I might even bring up things you're attempting to do or have already done which in that case ignore those requests.

Dialogs:
The way you interact with players is cool. Only thing that lacks is the voice sound(obviously), and i'm not sure if you're planning on adding voices to the dialogs or if you plan to keep it without. So if you do plan to keep it out because of our character names in the dialogs, there is an alternative way.

First of you make sure you have a bunch of preset last names that you've come up with. And on the dialogs those you're having a conversation with will call you by your last name. Like in Dragon Age 2 where people call you Hawk(last name) instead of calling your Darryl Hawk for example. This will make us wanna listen to dialogs and actually enjoy everything that's being said.

Movement:
I dont know how to explain it but when running and so on, it feels weird. Strafing especially. And I dont know about what other thinks but IMO movement is very very important. It needs to look good since you're playing your character. Me personally I feel somewhat crippled watching myself strafe atm.

EDIT: I think I know why it felt weird. It's possible that the reason it felt weird is because there's a slight delay when you strafe which makes it look very weird. But even if this was fixed i'm not sure if the problem would persist.

Graphics:
OMG now that's what i'm talking about. So far, the best graphics i've ever seen in an MMO. Well done!!! There's just one minor thing I disliked, dunno about what other thinks but me personally I'm not a big fan of the "too much effects needs to go on" when casting one spell. However, something caught my attention and has sort of been stuck in my mind. It's Dragon Age 2's way of dealing damage with the staff. It's not too much effect but feels good when dealing damage, even if you're auto attacking it looks really good.

Interface:
Here's one request, I tried looking for it and not sure if you even have this option but it would be nice to be able to change the size of your HUD layout. For instance making the minimap smaller, or the party frame and so on. And something that bothered me was the cast bar. Once again i'm not sure if it's possible to change the timer so you can view the actual cast time and not how many sec before it casts.

Questing:
I do not know what you have in mind regarding questing but please do not make the same misstake every MMO has done. Let me take an example. When World of Warcraft launched Mists of Pandaria they had 6 questing zones(not counting places you do dailys). And you only needed to finnish 3 zones out of 6 in order to level up from 85 to level 90. The way blizzard could have done would have been to remove all meaningless quests and spread them across all 6 questing zones which would mean that you'd experience and explore the entire continent at the same time as understanding what's gone wrong with each zone. Because when I got to lvl 90 I skipped out on some of the most important main quests.

I also played Guild Wars 2 for a short while. The storyline seemed very intressting. Only thing that put me off was all the side quests, and all the events after events after events... Was a complete nightmare. And I can admit that I didnt really give GW2 a proper chance. But I guess that's what happens when you get bored after have played other MMO's with all the endless questing/grinding.

My point is that I want you to make your questing system unique. Not necesarly different but unique, entertaining. Dont have too many side quests because the best part about Final Fantasy is your extremly satisfying story lines. Use your story line to gain more players.

Player VS Enviornment:
I think you know that this part is one of the most important parts. Some people may dissagree but I actually believe that the PvE is what attracts people. What makes me believe this is because from what I heard. Rift, GW2 & Swtor had amazing PvP system. But yet they fell. World of Warcraft have this amazing competetive PvE contents and it still stands. Do fun raids with fun raid bosses with fun mechanics, should do the trick.

Thank you for reading!
I just had to express myself. I dont mean to disrespect Sqare Enix in any way, it's the contrary. Like I said, if there's anyone who can beat all those MMO's out there it's YOU! Why I decided to spend hours typing here is because I want and need you to succed. Some people might not agree and some might agree. I've played WoW for a couple of years. I've been a GM of a guild that was within top 500 and i'm now in a guild that's ranked 116 in the world so I'm a hardcore end content raider. So i'm not just making things up.

And also dont be afraid of using things that's working from other games, if something works then go for it. Afterall, WoW didnt come up with everything that's in it.

Once again, thank you for reading, discuss about which ideas you like/dislike and how/what you'd change.

Thun.

kirai07
18th Aug 2013, 22:54
Well said!

BUMP!

Consilio
18th Aug 2013, 23:31
You sir are going to find plenty to complain about... ;)

But please don't be discouraged. It may have it's routes firmly in ye olde MMO's but it brings enough flavour to the table to make it into the Goldilocks zone.
This game is a homage to Final Fantasy and that's why I love it. Even if I only got to play the beta for a day lol!

ThundagaFF
19th Aug 2013, 05:52
You sir are going to find plenty to complain about... ;)

But please don't be discouraged. It may have it's routes firmly in ye olde MMO's but it brings enough flavour to the table to make it into the Goldilocks zone.
This game is a homage to Final Fantasy and that's why I love it. Even if I only got to play the beta for a day lol!

You're right. No matter what happens, no matter what we get there will always be things to complain about. It's in our human nature. BUT most people complain for a greater cause. And complaining might be a harsh word. I'm more leaning towards suggestion cuz all I want is for this game to succed.

bumbertyr
19th Aug 2013, 08:36
after my experience the past few days with ff this is basically just my 2 cents on the game.

Pro's

The games graphics are absolutely beautiful, the scenery, the feel of the game the immersive story, it's just wonderful. IT truly makes it feel like a real final fantasy.

The soundtrack is to die for, amazing compositions straight out of the FF universe

The Fate events were a very nice addition to game a like this, It felt rather unique.

the cutscenes are great. Good voice actors provided by square enix.

The game definitely advertises what it has to offer.

The character customization was extremely fun to toy around with and try out all the options it had.

The overall gameplay of the game is smooth, especially in boss fights and what not.

Limit breaks.... need i say more?

Con's
At times it feels like the developers got lazy. like slideing across the ground while attacking. going into a battle stance in the air when attacking. i'm pretty sure in FF13 lightning and the crew could jump attack without being in akward battle stances in the air.

Map system. Too me it felt a bit derpy, i couldn't lock onto myself if i was searching a different areas, you cant make map markers, and a lot of times i just got flat out lost.

The current lock on system feels unresponsive at times.

Changing your point of vision. I hate to have to constantly left click and right click. itd be nice if there was an option to make your mouse auto point of view change then press a button like alt to make it reappear.

The current price for the game. The disk is fine 30-70 dollars makes sense. However, For the amount of content the game currently has 10-15 dollars per month is NOT worth it. All your going to do is dig your own grave with a price like that, even as famed as you are square enix, ripping off the community this early will not end well. My suggestion, lower the price while you can.

Lack of socialization, currently even in the small mini dungeons, there isn't much communication required which isn't exactly fun.

(this ones sorta biased)
I hate the new cactuar models. they don't look or feel like a cactuar, they feel slow and stupid opposed to the energetic always jumping around cactuars. Their animations for 100 needles 1000 needles etc just isnt good looking.

Turning in the game could use some work. doesnt feel real.

The battle system is fun, but feels slow.

Suggestions

Lower the monthly fee cost.

Add in Blitz Ball

Fix Cactuars

Revamp the map

Fix the attacking models

lower the cooldowns on skills and up the monsters hp.

IF anybody else has things to add, feel free.

ThundagaFF
19th Aug 2013, 08:53
Well said!

BUMP!

Thanks! :)

simshady
19th Aug 2013, 09:16
Card game a'la ff8....mini games..collectibles......things to stop boredom of levelling.....variety......loving the game by the way :)

bumbertyr
19th Aug 2013, 14:25
agreed no legitmate "grinding" so far theres always been something to do.

Mallust
19th Aug 2013, 15:04
Game is Great, Needs more communication from the Developers, like the 3102 bug they could of let us know lot sooner what was going on. But other then that it is a nice change from the other MMO's out there. Cost is nothing if you cant afford 12.99 a month maybe you don't need to be playing. I hope the community will be fun and not elitist jerks like WoW has in it currently.

MrHammonds
19th Aug 2013, 16:46
People need to chill a little... but I get why you're angry.

1) Beta... everyone has been looking forward to getting their hands on the game (I registered for closed beta access AGES ago and never got it so I'm in the same boat). And I had a great time playing it, the error was annoying, but it only effected approx 15% of the people playing (150,000 people were playing the open beta).

2) Customer service could be TONS better. At the moment I wouldn't bother contacting SE customer service as it's useless (and I say this because I often feel more confused after using it).

3) YES... Square should communicate better ref when emails will go out, when to download things etc. It isn't hard to put a line on their facebook account, official site etc just putting peoples minds at ease.

4) Download of client/ game should have been a phased release 2-3 days before open beta. It isn't hard to do and would have been more professional. Players should have had staged introductions to servers PRE open beta start. SO... you could create your character, chose a server and that would be that until it was your time to enter.

Anyway... they were my only major issues with the launch. I'll be interested to see if my early access codes come through on 20/08/2013 like they're supposed to. I pre-ordered the game back in June/ May. Crossed fingers for 20th.

So... I really enjoyed playing FFXIV anyway. I felt like I was playing a much better FFXI lol. I love FXI but if you had a life/ job you couldn't get anywhere in it. Graphics look fantastic, I like the standard combat system (+dodging attacks when neccessary), I don't want action combat... I like more formalaic in my MMO's. 8/10 for me... great game, nothing REVOLUTIONARY, but I love the FF universe and I hope to see loads of support and updates for the game (I want my ninja class!!!!!!! lol).

Anyway... chill out lol!:):rasp::cool:

Asirisumente
19th Aug 2013, 17:25
Game is Great, Needs more communication from the Developers, like the 3102 bug they could of let us know lot sooner what was going on. But other then that it is a nice change from the other MMO's out there. Cost is nothing if you cant afford 12.99 a month maybe you don't need to be playing. I hope the community will be fun and not elitist jerks like WoW has in it currently.

I hate to break it to you but I'm pretty sure this game will become a lot like the WoW / SWTOR communities. People will flex their e-peen because they deal a significant amount of damage more than another. It's always going to be that way no matter what game you play. Some guilds/LS's will have high end content on farm in no time and you will continually hear them boasting. It's just bound to happen so hold on to your aspirations of people being far more friendly than in WoW. It's only a matter of time before you're proven wrong on that. Lord knows I've bitten the bullet more than once on high hopes like that.

nayfurs
19th Aug 2013, 17:51
There really is only one huge glaring disgusting horrible nearly game breaking con in this game.

CON - Abilities that are "off" the global cooldown aren't actually off the global cooldown. Ontop of this you actually have no way of knowing when they are ACTUALLY available because it acts as if you can use them and they aren't greyed out at all. Some people have stated they are tied to the animation. For example on my gladiator if I use my main attack Fast Blade and then want to pop a tanking cooldown right after or at the same time I am unable to do so despite the ability supposedly being "off" the global. Instead I can either use my tanking cooldown and then wait a second to confirm it got used then use fast blade, or fast blade and then wait till the global cooldown is about 50% finished and use the tank cooldown (and sometimes you press it too soon and it does nothing but you had no way of knowing what too soon was). This issue is compounded ridiculously when you want to pop multiple cooldowns at the same time. For example I often like to pop both my damage cooldowns or sometimes even all 3 of my tank cooldowns. Each one has to seperately wait for an invisible global of about 1.5 seconds to use the next one.

To me this issue alone is INFINITELY the biggest issue in this game. They need to do something about this and sooner than later.

ThundagaFF
19th Aug 2013, 18:19
Bump - Feedback please.

Nateyg222
19th Aug 2013, 18:45
I don't think GW 2 has "fell" as you put it. It's still a very solid game with a huge player base. In fact I think GW2 has probably been the most consistent MMO that has come out in the last 5 years. But... that's just my opinion.

Maighdlin
19th Aug 2013, 18:54
I agree with your comment on the HUD. I like mine fairly small so I can see more of the environment. However I noticed that in the beta, the game wasn't using my actual graphics card, just the laptop chip set. I mention that because I think it has something to do with the limited resolution I could set the game to. -shrug- Maybe there will be something more there once the game releases and NVIDIA releases an update.

But yes, small HUD. Needs it! :-)

jazodda
19th Aug 2013, 19:02
This weekend was completely enjoyable, thanks FFXIV team!!!!!!

Mehendre
19th Aug 2013, 19:07
Hello Folks,

after the Open beta i thought i give a little feedback since that is what a beta is good for ;)
i didnt see here any subchannels for bugreport, suggestions and all that stuff so ill just write that all here.

A good friend of mine told me some months ago about this game cause he knew i was bored and looking for a new mmo i could play with him since Aion and Tera totally failed recently, mostly because of the publisher, so he was searching for a title that would not be taken over and destroied by gameforge, but enough of hating here some experiances :P

First the good things:

I think for an open beta title even if this might be the release version its surprisingly bugfree at least i couldnt detect so many and even they werent that "unforgivable".
During my journy through Eorzea ive Started a Fistfighter (Hope this class is called like that in english (im an Austrian player)) and a Druid wich are both now level 20 and i have to say its incredibly balanced for pve i mean the druid for example is almost not dealing any dmg its really hard to kill or farm with him and he cant take an invinite amount of dmg, sure you can heal up but you get interrupted once in a while and your armor isnt that good but you can really play this class on support in a group you can heal quick and if the enemy gets to close to you or a partymember you can simply shoot them away with this waterskill you get. Thats what a healer is all about in my eyes, this class shouldnt be an immortal godlike tank which has almost as much dps as the strongest dps class in game which it is in so many games. So much to balance.

I played the game on my Laptop with Gforce 680M graphics card and it worked absolutely perfect, almost no lags on maximum graphic settings and i playerd with my Xbox 360 wireless controller because i heard its possible cause we can also play with ps3 player together and its absolutely amazing, the control of everything is so well made i dont ever wanna play an mmo without gamepad.
You get so much more movement and options with the controller im really astonished :D good job square enix

I also have to say since the NPC arent talking so much and i have to read more i realise the sound more than ever, and what you guys did with the sound there is really awesome and i dont mean just the fighting melodies or when you change location i also mean all the melodies which appear while browsing the HUD or menue my personal favorites are if i get whispered and the clicking sound when i select a partymemeber (for healing etc) so well done sound management.

I almost forgot. the LOOT system whoever thought about that is a genious, give him a smack from me :D its almost impossible to roll away good items from ppl they need it just because youre mad at them or just evil, i used to say the worst thing about a game is always the community, so far i have only met a few aggressive players in the game even i didnt let them die or something i guess they where just experiancing period or something but its good that they even dont get the chance to ruin my game experiance with stealing loot they cannot use anyway and you cant get rare items twice thats awesome!!!
And ofc if i go into a dungeon i want loot i want items and i want ACTION, and thats what i get with final fantasy 14 i got so much loot i dont even know if i got good items or not im just happy about every single green and purple item, so far thanks for all the loot :D

Now here are some bad things ive figured out so far:

First of all is that you have to read so much why arent the npc talking via audio files i mean it good for the other audio sounds so they get more attention but you made yourself so much work with all the text the npc's are telling us but i dont think alot of ppl will read all that stuff most of them will skip it. Ofcource you could skip audio files too but way more ppl would listen to it cause its a whole other experiance.

This is nothing that happened in the game but when i go to Final Fantasy XIV ARR homepage id like to see more information, i mean its almost to late since its going to be released but without my friend i wouldnt have even found the download client or kne that there was a beta going on and at which times they would be, ive never seen a game thats been released that left the players so much in the dark like you guys did i mean the game is totally worth it i mean all my anger what completely blown away once i could finally play the game, but still i think you could have spared your support team alot of pissed of emails if you would have given a little bit information on the homepage, not in the forum. Well but thats just my oppinion.

Ive also heard that we need a special key for early access, ive bought my collectors edition last month, and i bought it directly on the square enix homepage, so how can it be that all the amazon guys have there key already and im not or is it directly imported to the collectors version once its registered in my se account?? And again we have a lack of information here. i admit im not the person which is searching for information for hours,... or even 10 minutes but this seems to me quite importent so it should be written somewere quite obvious or not?

OK lets go to the bugs :D

Somehow it appeared that finished quests dont leave my questlog but they also dont appear on the right side of the screen with all the content ( Like "Der ├╝bereifrige Sturmmariner" sorry dunno the english questname) and it appeared that a quest didnt refresh it self after slaying the required monsters it just stayed at 0/5 after slaying 5 monster it just didnt refresh but the system knew that i did it cause i could finish it and get the reward ( happened with "Meister der Anpassung" and again i dont know the english questname :D) those bugs happened at Bierhafen or Bierhasen xD dunno the exact name even in german ;) it the city at the water where satasha dungeon is. Maybe this just happened because the servers were too full because short after i did those quests the server kicked me off and i had to relog after that everything was fine again.

Im not sure if this is a bug but probably you should overwork the content finder because it says with my druid approximate waiting time 5min well 18min are not 5 i know the system aint perfect and it could happen but it happends every time you should ust calculate in that lots of ppl dont wanna play a tank class, cause they are always missing, and i also made the druid cause i have waiting times from 1 hour + with my fistfighter because also nobody wants to play druid, obviously. i hope that will chance at higher levels.

Im not sure if this is a bug either but come on,.... this game is typical final fantasy with huge graphics but if i watch the wine bottles on the tables in satasha dungeon i wanna cry you can do better than that, they look like a 3 years old drew something in ms paint... xD i beg you pardon i just love graphics :P

PS: The Chocobo guys still need to be migrated, give them a language lesson please ;)

Ok, thats it. I know its a huge amount of really bad english there but i hope some of you can forgive me ;) i just wanted to let you know that i care, love you guys cya on Friday :D

So far, Mehendre Hikarian

Mehendre
19th Aug 2013, 19:23
Well said, but i dont agree with you on the effects sure if youre a melee class playing with some mages in the backround youll probably get eyecancer soon xD but i like it, ive seen mmos were, the creators didnt give a **** about special effects on skills, and if i have to choose ill always pick final fantasy skill effects because they know what they are doing :D

Kiritos
19th Aug 2013, 19:25
Very well said, thank you for taking the time to tell us your opinion. Very helpful :) Hope to meet you in game!

YuriSensen
19th Aug 2013, 19:29
Replies to OP:

1 - I wouldn't let this be a judge to the status of the game. The fact that such errors were uncovered, means that the beta served its purpose. A number of people still don't seem to realize that the whole purpose of a beta, is in fact, to uncover any possible issues with the game. This considering things like bugs, glitches, server issues, etc.

2 - Customer Service is being slow, primarily due to the vast overflow of the players that are coming through the game. While I am unsure as to what the final top count for record in player traffic may be, the last recorded amount I have seen listed the players to be nearly double the expected amount. Meaning the traffic in both the game itself, and anything relating to the game (CS Included), will be considerably slow due to the abnormal upkeep needed to keep things going.

3 - Outside of the Official Release, it seems like SE has a habit of waiting until the window of change has closed. Meaning, they want to make sure that the occurring date of this event, or that event, will not change after stating the allotted time of when it may occur. This is why even Phase 4 of the Beta, was not mentioned until near the release. It's to make sure it can happen.

4 - This relates more towards the player traffic issues than anything. Letting everyone download the game prior to the opening of the servers, WILL in fact, cause a major issue in traffic control, and will no doubt destroy the condition of the servers, in a matter of moments. They needed to at least have some sort of control over the flow of players coming in, even if that meant abusing the slow download speed of some players.

On the note about character creation. I believe that SE actually provided a small program that lets you create your character ahead of time. I have not actually used the program, so I do not know if any created files will transfer to the actual game, but I do know it was provided ahead of time.

CosmicMag3
19th Aug 2013, 19:31
Yeah you're totally right.

I signed up for the beta on Sat downloaded it to my PS3 and couldn't even sign in. As my neighbor was playing it the whole weekend. I was really frustrated even though this is going to be my 3rd MMO I've played, with my first being DC Universe Online & 2nd being Defiance. This will be my first RPGMMO. My main problem was not being able to get signed in on the website just to get that confirmation, hoping it went through for early access. I was able to set up an account but I couldn't sign in. I really hope they will be able to fix that before early access and I better get my email. With all that said I still plan on sticking with them through the patching and adjustments passes. From what I played at my neighbors house its going to be worth it. Also I tried to post my concern and couldn't find where to do that on SE's account management site. Once they get everything up and running its going to be a lot of fun doing 24 man raids.

So all we can do is be patient and wait...btw I'm looking forward to the samurai class.

Mehendre
19th Aug 2013, 19:36
I dont agree with you in one point, and that is to lower the monthy fee cause that is the only reason why i even gave the game a chance, as soon as games get cheap or free to play all the homeless ppl and little kiddis come out of their caves and ruin the game experiance of everyone, look at aion or tera, as long as they were pay to play sure the community was never really nice but when i thought it couldnt get worse it went way worse and now i wish it would have never gone further than the first months of release when everything seemed so perfect and balanced, In my eyes the fee could get even higher sure that would scare off alot of ppl but it sure would increase the quality and you dont have to forget even square enix ppl have to live from something they need to earn money and i prefer giving it to them freely instead of advertising or an item shop pay to win system.

YuriSensen
19th Aug 2013, 19:43
Yeah you're totally right.

I signed up for the beta on Sat downloaded it to my PS3 and couldn't even sign in. As my neighbor was playing it the whole weekend. I was really frustrated even though this is going to be my 3rd MMO I've played, with my first being DC Universe Online & 2nd being Defiance. This will be my first RPGMMO. My main problem was not being able to get signed in on the website just to get that confirmation, hoping it went through for early access. I was able to set up an account but I couldn't sign in. I really hope they will be able to fix that before early access and I better get my email. With all that said I still plan on sticking with them through the patching and adjustments passes. From what I played at my neighbors house its going to be worth it. Also I tried to post my concern and couldn't find where to do that on SE's account management site. Once they get everything up and running its going to be a lot of fun doing 24 man raids.

So all we can do is be patient and wait...btw I'm looking forward to the samurai class.

The over flow of players did kind of destroy the weekend for a lot of others who couldn't get in, simply due to everything being capped off with all of the people struggling to get inside. The entirety of my Sunday, I could not play on my main character, because of this reason. I was only able to play for a few hours after the emergency maintenance, since a lot of players had left due to the maintenance.

Server issues were fixed with the maintenance though, and it feels like it's only going to get better with the Official Release, now that they know what they're really up against player count wise.

Note - About the signing in issue. Did you try with your given account id? There is the account name you represent yourself with, as well as your email. But for the beta page, you'd have to had signed in with the account id that's shown in your account information page. It wouldn't let you in otherwise.

Ravenkind
19th Aug 2013, 19:52
I downloaded it as soon as i got home on the PS3 on Thursday night, also downloaded it on PC, played it, loved it. and finally i'm getting the experience in an online Final Fantasy i was hoping for, Fate encounters were extremely fun. Instances slowly break you into what you should be doing, although in the early ones they just seem to be Nuke the boss, ignore the adds.
Personally i think Adds damage needs increasing or perhaps the adds buff the boss with a shield so that you can't damage the boss until adds are killed to make players understand that it is important to kill adds, as they could be beating on your healer etc.

that aside, i thoroughly enjoyed the beta on my crappy spec laptop even with a measly 13 fps, submitted bugs found and suggestions as every participating beta tester should do (instead of whining like crazy and insulting the game because they don't understand what Beta means or is for).
Pre-ordered and extremely excited for release :)

Kia Windhurst - 16 Arcanist - Cereberus (EU)

YuriSensen
19th Aug 2013, 20:20

The testing period would last only 2-3 days. I would rather get the problem solved as soon as possible, rather than waste my own time, and the time of the players, making it even more evident that the issue is there. There are times to inform players of situations, and there are times where it can be just considered as counter productive when dealing with them.

YuriSensen
19th Aug 2013, 20:28
The text based portions of cut scenes, seem to be considered more for what one may see to be a long winded moment of text. Like such, I've come across at least a few story missions already, where paragraphs of text would come up every so often. I believe that the purpose is to allow the player to brief the information, without feeling like they're missing out on anything major due to the audio itself.

The audio moments of scenes also seem to only happen during what may be a key part of that scene. Such as meeting a Royal, meeting a Villain, so on and so forth. The whole purpose is to catch the attention of the viewers as to what's going on, for at least what could be considered the more important moments of a scene.

Brigit
19th Aug 2013, 22:43
The benchmarking program that was released before the open beta, has a character creator on it.
You can save characters created there and could then upload that data during the open beta.
I tried it with one of my characters. The second was a race I didn't have a saved file for.

Mashr2010
19th Aug 2013, 22:55
Instances slowly break you into what you should be doing, although in the early ones they just seem to be Nuke the boss, ignore the adds.

Personally i think Adds damage needs increasing or perhaps the adds buff the boss with a shield so that you can't damage the boss until adds are killed to make players understand that it is important to kill adds, as they could be beating on your healer etc.

Tam-Tara's final boss actually incorporates that mechanic! :D You can't damage the boss until certain adds are killed and even then you'll want to focus on taking down all of them so people don't get aggroed and die.

All in all it was a great beta, and most the issues got resolved by time the servers went down, aside from obvious stuff that can't be fixed while the servers were up and running. I can only see this being a good game come launch! :D And I say that even though I was one of the people that was affected by the dreaded 3102 error.

bumbertyr
19th Aug 2013, 23:53
I dont agree with you in one point, and that is to lower the monthy fee cause that is the only reason why i even gave the game a chance, as soon as games get cheap or free to play all the homeless ppl and little kiddis come out of their caves and ruin the game experiance of everyone, look at aion or tera, as long as they were pay to play sure the community was never really nice but when i thought it couldnt get worse it went way worse and now i wish it would have never gone further than the first months of release when everything seemed so perfect and balanced, In my eyes the fee could get even higher sure that would scare off alot of ppl but it sure would increase the quality and you dont have to forget even square enix ppl have to live from something they need to earn money and i prefer giving it to them freely instead of advertising or an item shop pay to win system.

Everyone should have the chance to play. there are plenty of people that love the final fantasy franchise and play the console games that probably arn't able to afford the monthly fee. in general the amount of content the game currently has the game is NOT worth 13 dollars a month.

I'm hoping they do like deals like Half off if you buy for a year worth. etc.

Roguekitty
20th Aug 2013, 02:28
I'd much rather pay a sub fee than have to do micro transactions. All the MMOs I've played that have micro transactions, I just don't. I don't mind vanity items for money, but I don't like games that require you to pay for something you need in the game. For whatever reason, I feel much better when I know how much I'm going to be paying each month and get all that I need.

Mashr2010
20th Aug 2013, 03:12
The monthly cost also helps to ensure that the game keeps working and that they are able to continuously add the content to the game that is "lacking" right now. Which, if you went based on just what was seen in the Beta, there is a lot more content that was blocked that will be available at release that we haven't gotten to experience yet. Blitz Ball might be fun, but for aesthetics it seems rather out of place, at least make it so they can add in a lore reason as to how Blitz Ball would exist in Eorzea. Also, your issue with the animations in air. This is an MMO, it takes more data and more processing than a single-player console game does, it won't look as fluid because of that. There are some games that cut out animations in air entirely, but most just have a standard animation for an ability to cut down on the resources needed by the monsters that are called MMO's. By making unique animations for every ability that can be used while in air it cause much more stress on the system.

Riosdrakoon
20th Aug 2013, 03:24
Everyone should have the chance to play. there are plenty of people that love the final fantasy franchise and play the console games that probably arn't able to afford the monthly fee. in general the amount of content the game currently has the game is NOT worth 13 dollars a month.

Hiho

At first, sorry for my english, never learnd it at School, but i hope you and also everyone else can understand waht i try to say.

I Play MMO the past 10 years, and if i know something, then it is that F2P games are bull****.

Just think about it, if somone would Play just "offline" games, how much Money to they spend in one year?
Lets say, a "good" game ist 60 Dollars, but you Play it trough ine what? 1 or 2 months? And then, u buy an other game.

So, P2P MMOs are cheaper, and the thing is, look all the F2P games, everylast one of them are bull****. STO, SWTOR, Aion, Rift, TSW etc.

An other thing is, you really Need to look at FFXIV ARR at a brand NEW game. and for a new game it has tons of Content.
I know that alot ppl who played FFXIV can Transfer the lvl50 Char, so, for them, they have lesser Content.

But for everyone who Play FFXIV ARR first time, or for the Players who choose to beginn again from start, they will have alot to do.

I dont know waht YOU understand as "Content", but i, and i think alot others too, understand "Content" as, EVERYTHING.

Content is more then just Clearing the hardest Dungeons and Raids, ist more then just have the greatest and biggest Armor.

Explorations, Crafting, Gathering, Classes/Jobs.

If you really want to see everything what the game can give, u will have plenty to do.

Content Clear is in my eyes, you have everything clear, so, every class/Job at max, every craft and gathering at max, u saw everything u did everything. that is Content Clear.

And like someone other said.... 13 Dollars a month is nothing. It is for me, i would spend 20 Bucks a Month.

The more Expensiv it is, the lesser we have idiots in our Community.

Like i said, i played 10 years MMOs, and the best Community was in FFXI.
And i really wish, that FFXIV ARR community will be the same as FFXI.

Hilzarie
20th Aug 2013, 04:37
I love the FATE events, and from what I saw it seems like the lower level ones will be frequent and easy to join, while the higher level ones will be more rare, which is fair and keeps it challenging.

I like that you do not NEED other people to make the game a fun experience (though I only reached level 11, so I don't know if that will start to change as you get higher.) It is fun, and part of the point of MMOs, to interact, but sometimes you just don't have the time to find the people you need and meet up.

There is definitely a LOT of content that was not available in the Beta. I came across a town that was completely empty, so I am sure there is a lot to do there that was just not released or finished yet. (Or it was a bug, I reported it just in case.) And with as jam-packed with quests and opportunities to improve as the first few levels were, it seems like there will never be down-time where you just have nothing worth doing.

I also noticed the ferry docks and a skylift, so, in addition to the Aethyrnet, there will be a lot of world travel available.

There are both NPC shops and a PC Market Board, which is accessible from every city and includes items from players all over the world.

I didn't get a chance to get into crafting, but it looks like there will be a lot to choose from, and a lot of player cooperation for specialized items.

I like that you can set "Favorite" Aetherytes as well as the home point, for convenient fast-travel.

Sanctuaries are pretty awesome, especially since it counts during log-off time (On a side-note, I got kicked at the end of the test in a sanctuary... I wonder if this week will count as "resting" time?)

The controls seemed incredibly confusing to me in the first thirty minutes, but the tutorials did an excellent job of explaining most things without being a long boring block of text. It flows well.

I agree that the map system could use a little work. I would like to set a "waypoint" or something similar when I am on a quest a long way away. The mini-map points to relevant quest points in the current area, but being unfamiliar with the whole world's layout it was hard to find my way to quests in distant areas.

I had a few problems with the chat log, maybe as I become more familiar with it I will be okay, but I kept having it revert from what I was trying to do (shout, say, etc.) to "Free Company." I would like to know what that meant, because it seemed like whenever something went to "Free Company" no one responded. Of course, it could be that no one had anything to say in response to me.

I like that up to five current quests can be displayed at a time, it makes it easier to keep up with multitasking.

It also seems like there is no limit (or I just didn't reach it) of active quests, which I love, because I like to have a lot going at a time.

I didn't take the chance to ride a chocobo, but I wish I had. I saw that the CE had chocobo armor, so I'm wondering if they will be active in battle or if that is just for show.

Customer Characterization was amazingly in-depth, but the only few bits of clothing I got were large and floppy... As I was walking around I noticed that almost everyone around me looked exactly like me. I am hoping that this is just the "newbie" look, and as you level and access different class-based items the world will start to get more unique, and you will start to be able to actually see the characters people have created.

I didn't get a chance to start a second class, but I am excited to see how changing jobs in the middle of battle will go.

Overall I'm excited and upset that I have to wait a week before getting back to playing!

Roguekitty
20th Aug 2013, 04:56
I was thinking that about the starter gear as well, and I'm hoping that like you said, it's just the newbie gear. Which it probably is. However, if at max level we all look like the generic Job characters, that will get a little boring. For example, the Black Mage gear that you see in the first cut scene looks really cool, yes, but I'd like to see my character too! I hope that there is a lot of different looking gear. One thing I really like about MMOs is that as you level up, your gear changes and you become to look more unique.

Chrono_Krosse
20th Aug 2013, 06:17
I was thinking that about the starter gear as well, and I'm hoping that like you said, it's just the newbie gear. Which it probably is. However, if at max level we all look like the generic Job characters, that will get a little boring. For example, the Black Mage gear that you see in the first cut scene looks really cool, yes, but I'd like to see my character too! I hope that there is a lot of different looking gear. One thing I really like about MMOs is that as you level up, your gear changes and you become to look more unique.

maybe the possibility if wearing Long coats will be available. ya?

Thesourcez
20th Aug 2013, 06:46

Just admit it and say your broke...no need to keep blaming the game and their sub. model. I personally think food should be free and shared with everyone...but it doesn't mean I'm gonna walk into Burger King and get my food for free. The person that makes your food has a salary, who pays them? The company pays them...and how does the company pay them? They charge you for the food. Common sense people....Square Enix need to pay their developers that is making the game you play.

I recommend either cut back on starbuck coffee or get a job if you can't afford 13 bucks. If losing $13 per month means you will be in financial trouble then I suggest not playing the game.

ThundagaFF
20th Aug 2013, 07:22
Well said, but i dont agree with you on the effects sure if youre a melee class playing with some mages in the backround youll probably get eyecancer soon xD but i like it, ive seen mmos were, the creators didnt give a **** about special effects on skills, and if i have to choose ill always pick final fantasy skill effects because they know what they are doing :D

Imagine a raid group vs a boss... I mean if one person can cause flashy flashy effects imagine what an entire raid group will do :) I'm not saying remove the effect, i'm just saying eas up on it.

And it's not about mmo creators not giving a sh** about effects. Their trying not to overdo it which is a very wise choice.

ThundagaFF
20th Aug 2013, 19:36
Movement:
I dont know how to explain it but when running and so on, it feels weird. Strafing especially. And I dont know about what other thinks but IMO movement is very very important. It needs to look good since you're playing your character. Me personally I feel somewhat crippled watching myself strafe atm.

EDIT: I think I know why it felt weird. It's possible that the reason it felt weird is because there's a slight delay when you strafe which makes it look very weird. But even if this was fixed i'm not sure if the problem would persist.

bumbertyr
21st Aug 2013, 00:01
Just admit it and say your broke...no need to keep blaming the game and their sub. model. I personally think food should be free and shared with everyone...but it doesn't mean I'm gonna walk into Burger King and get my food for free. The person that makes your food has a salary, who pays them? The company pays them...and how does the company pay them? They charge you for the food. Common sense people....Square Enix need to pay their developers that is making the game you play.

I recommend either cut back on starbuck coffee or get a job if you can't afford 13 bucks. If losing $13 per month means you will be in financial trouble then I suggest not playing the game.

1. im 17

2. I have a job

3. im not talking about me im talking about other people who want to play this game

4. dont assume things

TRiiCKSHOT
21st Aug 2013, 00:16
hope there will be event like dynamis sky sea nothing better than being in a wipe lol i like the sprint but kinda ruined the funny part when u would watch a low level getting smashed by a goblin and cant get away :D or being a hero and saving them lol

SirCrush
21st Aug 2013, 02:15
You actually CAN mark people on the map...any NPC. It's not quite a waypoint system but marking IS possible in this way.

I am actually not convinced that there ISN'T a way to place map markers. I just didn't research it and only found out about the NPC marking on accident.

alexandrogomez
22nd Aug 2013, 11:05
I entered my pre-order code from gamestop. it immediately gave me the ps3 code to download the game. i entered the code on the ps3 with all lower case and no spaces and no dashes. it worked and installed! im ready and waiting for Saturday 2am. i know the servers will crash or slow down because this game is so freaking epic. :D i get a new daughter and new mmo in the same week. good times.

Ravittsu
22nd Aug 2013, 11:19
I entered my pre-order code from gamestop. it immediately gave me the ps3 code to download the game. i entered the code on the ps3 with all lower case and no spaces and no dashes. it worked and installed! im ready and waiting for Saturday 2am. i know the servers will crash or slow down because this game is so freaking epic. :D i get a new daughter and new mmo in the same week. good times.

ffxiv is just amazing isnt it im glad your ps3 code works mate.
and also gratz on getting a new daughter to mate.. just be sure u spend time with and dont devote ur time to ff :P

alexandrogomez
22nd Aug 2013, 11:25
ffxiv is just amazing isnt it im glad your ps3 code works mate.
and also gratz on getting a new daughter to mate.. just be sure u spend time with and dont devote ur time to ff :P

yes i know, which is why i will be losing sleep! i will only play during sleep time! but it will be worth it, i will binge when i can. i remember the old ffxi note: PLEASE DO NOT FORGET YOUR FAMILY OR WORK...lol only the japanese would be so polite to leave a note like that! haha

DeadPixels23
22nd Aug 2013, 11:27
Gratz on your code and more importantly you new daughter!

alexandrogomez
22nd Aug 2013, 11:30
Gratz on your code and more importantly you new daughter!
thanks!

Hippy_Pickle
22nd Aug 2013, 11:44
I've avoided future divorce proceeding by getting my wife hooked on this during the beta and got her own copy for our 2nd PS3 :D

crbngville2
22nd Aug 2013, 12:11
Congrats on the new little one. Good luck finding enough time to play the game though.:)

alexandrogomez
22nd Aug 2013, 12:38
Congrats on the new little one. Good luck finding enough time to play the game though.:)
yeah maybe in a few months i will finally get decent time, for now i'm losing even more sleep than normal. so less play time. which is fine with me. i consider this 2 good presents at the same time, cant complain. it makes it more memorable.

ThundagaFF
24th Aug 2013, 07:30
Bump

Whippyice
24th Aug 2013, 07:37
Bump. Agreed OP
I played the first V of this, i played for a week and then never come back, i was doubtfull of the whole V2.0 and scepitcal to say the least just because the V1.0 was just so dry and soul less now though its wonderful so much more heartfelt and interesting everything has been improved and scaled up to what i would expect of a FF MMO
BUMP!!

Dogtown
25th Aug 2013, 19:48
So I was able to log in for a little bit yesterday, and I had a chance to try a couple different characters, but I'm unable to form a solid opinion on the game yet. This isn't a complaint type post more of a something to do while I wait to see if I can get back on to my server later post, with some of my initial impressions and a few questions for people that have had more time in game than I have.

The first hour of this game involves a lot of running back and forth in the city and once I finally got outside the gate to try combat out, the lack of excitement (on my Arcanist) was kind of disappointing. To see if this was a universal issue I made an Archer to see what combat was like, and I found it much more engaging. Oddly though I found it incredibly easy to kite and kill a lvl 12 mob while only lvl 1. I was enjoying the combat on the archer enough that before I knew it I was actually a higher level then my initial character just from chaining kills. Is this just because of the lower levels, or is it that the initial city quests are low XP tutorial kind of quests?

Also I can't even make a character with my friends. They got on to Gilgamesh, and it's basically impossible to log in there so I made my characters on a different server. When I try to log in today I don't get a que I just get told the server is full. I could still play, but only by making a completely new character on a different server. I know its just head-start, but come on its very disappointing. Hopefully they straighten out that issue at least by actual launch.

Is anyone else having problems along these lines? I'm not a hardcore grinder, and I don't feel the need to rush to max level, would I be better off waiting for a couple weeks and trying to start playing then? I'd love to hear some of the impressions of other people out there. Also any input on what you find most entertaining in the game would be interesting as well.

Rancyz
26th Aug 2013, 21:20
I don't think anyone else made a thread similar to this, but I would like to discuss the game for those who have played it. I think it would be good for people who are wondering what the game itself is like (without having anyone talk about how they can't log in, or did not receive their code... there are already too many threads about that on this part of the forum).

First of all I play the PC version on Adamantoise and I am not sure what playing on the PS3 would be like but I am guessing it would be similar to playing the game on the PC using a Playstation controller.

The in-game community is quiet friendly and is much different from what you might have see on this forum over the past few days. Within the game, in some instances you are paired with random people to form a party in which you must work together to complete the quest. Now, that might sound simple but trust me, you need to communicate with each other (example quest: 'Basic Training: Enemy Parties' , omg you need teamwork! x_x).

The graphics are amazing. The graphics remind me of the movie Final Fantasy Advent Children. The weather affects are pretty cool, and I like how my robes get blown in the wind! With that said, I am using High Graphic settings instead of Maximum, and even if you were to play with lower graphic quality, the mechanics of the game and the quests will keep you interested. I like the array of options you get for character creation because it makes nearly everyone unique in the game. The fighting system feels like WoW rather than Tera, so unlike in Tera where you need to constantly need to click and aim your mouse to execute an attack, FF XIV is more of a point and click, and press keys to activate your skills to attack or use buffs.

A really cool feature in FF XIV I think is that you can change classes after creating your character buy simply joining another class guild! This is very good for those who want to experiment with different classes, and best of all you don't lose your previous class level, although when you change classes the new class is at level one. When it comes to high leveled players completing quests or Fate instances meant for lower levels, the game lowers your level temporarily, which I find fair. There is no steal kill in this game, everyone gets a fair amount of exp from mobs.

Something I find funny yet annoying is when I am surrounded by really tall players (omg you guys are blocking enemies in Fate instances! Mooooove! (or) omg I can't see the NPC! you guys are too tall ;n; ).
You can attack mobs while you're in the air! o3o

The audio can be set to different languages, and I put mine to Japanese because it feels like I am playing in an anime! Of course the text/subtitles are in English.

All this is my first impression of the game and my journey has just begun!

Error3102
26th Aug 2013, 21:39
I enjoy playing it....when the benevolent folks at SE decide to let lowly serfs like myself into their playground.

Skanmll
26th Aug 2013, 22:07
love the game when I cant get on but wow they need to add like 5 more servers to both NA and EU then offer free server transfers lol.

GoldX18
26th Aug 2013, 22:22
When I can get in (due to server full) I really am loving it.

Just trying to find out where I get fishing from

Kiritos
26th Aug 2013, 22:54
When I can get in (due to server full) I really am loving it.

Just trying to find out where I get fishing from

agreed, key word is WHEN you get to play its enjoyable

Kromozome
26th Aug 2013, 23:05
Honestly I feel like this is Vanguard 2.0 no communication and magic hand waves that things will get better with no plan communicated to the community of how or when that will happen. I can't wait till tomorrow when official release has 90% of the player base sitting at the login screen. The forums are going to absolutely explode they can only turn a blind eye to the problem for so long or turn away thousands of potential new and returning legacy players.

zXr666
26th Aug 2013, 23:13
if i ever get to log on at the same time my friends do, (WORLD FULL) would like to think it would be enjoyable, as of now i'm saying "No." I enjoy playing with others, whoms company I enjoy, not playing solo, if I wanted to do that I'd play a standard RPG.

PULGA_1980
26th Aug 2013, 23:19
....if I ever get connected again ..... yesterdar world was full .... today world is full ..... i dont think is fair for the consumers. It is just stupid i am not going to stay taping the bottom every second to get an opening every day.

AngelPhoenix77
27th Aug 2013, 00:48
im enjoying it :)

Hilzarie
27th Aug 2013, 00:51
To those who are not able to get in because the world is full: Start a secondary character on a JP server for when there are issues (or when you just want to change things up) it gives you a great opportunity to explore different options. I haven't had any problems with lag, and instances have been perfectly smooth.

That being said, I love the game so far. I love the variety of options, the overall quality of visuals, and so far it looks like there will always be something to do. I just unlocked gear sets, and I can't wait to try out switching back and forth between classes in the middle of battle.
I foresee myself spending way too much time wrapped up in this game, and staying up way too late on work nights. Somehow, I'm okay with that.

Kriknos
27th Aug 2013, 01:55
To those who are not able to get in because the world is full: Start a secondary character on a JP server for when there are issues

Now there is an interesting idea. What would happen if everyone that is having trouble accessing NA and EU server, setup a character and played on the JP servers. If what I have read is accurate those server aren't having issues. So if they get over loaded I wonder if they fix all the other servers? As the hundreds of post here haven't got them moving (as far as we know) I wonder if overloading the JP server will.

If nothing else having thousands of people, that don't speak japanese, using chat would cause some additional outrage, that would end up be directed at square enix.

Hilzarie
27th Aug 2013, 02:07
I have been on Atomos and I haven't seen much activity at all in the chat logs, but what I have seen has been mostly in English.
It is kind of funny, however, to see the Japanese players making "exotic" sounding names like "Tom Cruise" and "Ethan Hawke"

AntiSync
27th Aug 2013, 02:30
I've been playing on Siren. I'm enjoying the game, I'm lvl 24 on my primary class which is Archer, and I've leveled up leather worker and botany as well. Some of the quest are tedious but that's to be expected. My only gripe would have to be the duty finder. Now this wouldn't even bother me much, but the fact you need to use the duty finder for multiple quest during the main story is quite annoying when it dosn't work most of the time. Odd thing is, I pre-ordered the game on the 19th, got into early access on the first day, and still have yet to be charged for the game.

Rancyz
27th Aug 2013, 12:04
I have been on Atomos and I haven't seen much activity at all in the chat logs, but what I have seen has been mostly in English.
It is kind of funny, however, to see the Japanese players making "exotic" sounding names like "Tom Cruise" and "Ethan Hawke"

lmao oh really? Tomu Kuruzu, and Issen Houku ._. .

Yeah, I might play this game a lot when school starts which is pretty much a double edged sword.

Gomly1980
27th Aug 2013, 12:43
If I could manage to play one server it would be great, at the minute i'm spread across 4. When one locks me out I hop on another.

That said it's a pretty decent game.

I haven't encountered the one thing that irritates me in a many MMO's ....... terrible drop rates for quest items.

I don't mind collecting 50 pigs nipples but when only 1 in 40 pigs has a nipple it gets annoying. Fortunately, all pigs seem to have nipples here so it's been stress free killing so far.

Now just to figure out the tactics to beat the "server full" boss and we're golden.

Nogginbasher78
27th Aug 2013, 15:21
If i could choose to play on a bloody EU server i'd be freakin' happy, but right now i'm being forced to play on an NA server which is just total bullcrap, pardon my french...

None of the EU servers are open for new characters... What a load of bull! :mad:

Hippy_Pickle
27th Aug 2013, 15:25
I haven't encountered the one thing that irritates me in a many MMO's ....... terrible drop rates for quest items.

I don't mind collecting 50 pigs nipples but when only 1 in 40 pigs has a nipple it gets annoying. Fortunately, all pigs seem to have nipples here so it's been stress free killing so far.

This made me chuckle :D

The only issue is with the low spawn rate of some mobs and the amount of people waiting for them. This then results in a free for all and unless you've done enough % of the damage you don't get the item required.

MancSoulja
27th Aug 2013, 15:59
As far as worlds being full. I end up just mashing the A button till it lets me in. Never takes long......

I have a question, can anyone help?? I'm playing in 1080p and the chat bubbles are timy. I have to squint to see what people are saying to me... How do you make them bigger??

kckris
27th Aug 2013, 16:01
To keep it short, I'm on the PS3 and I am loving it. The only thing I would change on the PS3 side is the ability to attack from the keyboard. They implement the ability to do everything else with a keyboard but the ability to attack. That doesn't make sense to me.

xlostsoulsx
27th Aug 2013, 16:12
I'm loving it on pc! Good game. Good graphics.

though, it's crashing on me for no reason
anyone can help me?

Ainsworth
27th Aug 2013, 16:16
Wow. I finally got into the game and now I can't play because every single EU server is full. I tried to join a US server and it tells me that I'm not allowed to create anymore characters on any of them....even though I don't have a single character in any server, anywhere in the world.

timiscute
27th Aug 2013, 16:26
It's awful. I haven't played it yet but that's why it's awful. I get the PS3 game this morning and I can't play because it says the registration code doesn't work. Find out that's the way it is for a lot of people and it will be fixed "later" whenever that is. Get your **** together square. What a joke. Get this damn game up so I can ride a ******* chocobo already.

Error3102
27th Aug 2013, 17:36
Wow. I finally got into the game and now I can't play because every single EU server is full. I tried to join a US server and it tells me that I'm not allowed to create anymore characters on any of them....even though I don't have a single character in any server, anywhere in the world.

Square has spectacularly screwed the pooch with their handling of the EU and NA servers; basically if you want to play and not have it be a total gong show you have to play on a Japanese server.

k1klass
27th Aug 2013, 18:37
Love the game, but i see the 1017 error notice more than actual game time itself, i think i have spent more time trying to log in than actualy playing time

Banryuu
27th Aug 2013, 18:45
i just bought it on the PS3 not too long ago so I'm all over this site trying to gather information about how it's working on there and what's going on.

FateofTime
27th Aug 2013, 19:02
I am really enjoying this game when I can get on as well. I am currently playing on Coeurl for the PS3. A lot of the HUD layouts still overlap... for the most part it is bearable, however. It is said that you can play your PS3 account on the pc as well.. I intend to look into this because my laptop will be back from repair at the end of the week. Speaking of which; Does anyone know if you have to buy a PC version for the client or just anywhere in general that I can find out some information about it?

Error3102
27th Aug 2013, 19:46
I am really enjoying this game when I can get on as well. I am currently playing on Coeurl for the PS3. A lot of the HUD layouts still overlap... for the most part it is bearable, however. It is said that you can play your PS3 account on the pc as well.. I intend to look into this because my laptop will be back from repair at the end of the week. Speaking of which; Does anyone know if you have to buy a PC version for the client or just anywhere in general that I can find out some information about it?

You have to buy a copy of the PC version and add it to the same SE account that your PS3 copy is tied to, I believe.

jlawther
27th Aug 2013, 19:50
Seems that people are having a problem even logging in! I bought the PC version and when I log-in my password does not match? I entered the game last night but when I tried this morning nothing seems to work. im obviously online but I cant login to the game? I already changed the password to my account and its still invalid... any suggestions?

Boxiom
27th Aug 2013, 20:17
Loving it. I've had no problems at all since I purchased it yesterday. Cerberus EU is working perfectly, barely any queue at all. :)

I really miss PvP though, I hate that it's not in the game yet.

LadroVerde
27th Aug 2013, 20:46
I can't log in got the ps3 version.
i have no problems entering the site but when i try to log in the game i enter a invalid password.
i recovered it three times but still won't log in.

zaonypr
27th Aug 2013, 20:47
how the hell im going to play a game that servers are 99.9% full most of the time ?

FinalFantasy912
27th Aug 2013, 20:49
Give it a week and that issue will be a thing of the past

Isheren
27th Aug 2013, 20:55
My thoughts exact

Artstar702
27th Aug 2013, 21:26

Think so? I am just about to finish the installation process on my ps3 while reading all these posts about full servers, and it's kinda scary. I hope I get to play. Been looking forward to this game for a while now.

Oh and hi, I am new to these forums, nice to meet ya.

Mathias93
27th Aug 2013, 21:27
what i have seen it looks reallly nice havent been able to play yet, all my friends have made a charr to odin so thats the place i want to be and i'm off to fishing trip on saturday morning so would love to play some atleast :D

and now all servers are full... cant even get in on NA

Nogginbasher78
27th Aug 2013, 21:32

Excuse me?

I didn't pre-order it when they enabled pre-order for it, so that i'd sit on my ass waiting for one god damned week to be able to play after release!

I didn't play the beta either cause of some f'ed up bug with their website claiming my pre-order code was already in use.

Pre-orders should have the priority in these cases.

They also should've anticipated this and have the necessary hardware ready instead of making the same mistake some other companies has already made in the past, with titles such as World of Warcraft, SWTOR, AoC, and more...

If the people in charge were unable to anticipate and see things past the end of their nosetip, they shouldn't be working in this line of business after seeing the failed release days for so many other mmorpgs... :mad:

/endofrant

Rancyz
28th Aug 2013, 12:41
If I could manage to play one server it would be great, at the minute i'm spread across 4. When one locks me out I hop on another.

That said it's a pretty decent game.

Now just to figure out the tactics to beat the "server full" boss and we're golden.

This made me chuckle :D

The only issue is with the low spawn rate of some mobs and the amount of people waiting for them. This then results in a free for all and unless you've done enough % of the damage you don't get the item required.

It also made me chuckle :D.

I find that low spawn rates of mobs and many people try to slay them is hilarious and makes the game more intense... so forget about the forever alone farming/mob killing, I want competition!

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 12:50
It also made me chuckle :D.

I find that low spawn rates of mobs and many people try to slay them is hilarious and makes the game more intense... so forget about the forever alone farming/mob killing, I want competition!
I try to snipe a bio or aero in there because it has no casting time, I go by a if I touch it first it's mine philosophy lol

Lovstokuddle
28th Aug 2013, 13:09
JP servers are full also and there are 43 ppl in the cue. I know coz I got stuck on a JP server. this whole deal is very frustrating...

Rancyz
28th Aug 2013, 13:44
I try to snipe a bio or aero in there because it has no casting time, I go by a if I touch it first it's mine philosophy lol
Higher DPS means higher rate to KS! Good thing I am not a mage ;D

JP servers are full also and there are 43 ppl in the cue. I know coz I got stuck on a JP server. this whole deal is very frustrating...

Wow, such a popular game.

bulldog2712
28th Aug 2013, 19:33
ok so games had problems

server full
code errors
lack of customer support

but I personally think the game is great when I do play and se do deserve some credit for that

this could turn out to be one of my top games I play

I would just like to see some positive feedback and people to give them a chance

and stop posting new threads not got my code , canT connect ,I want a refund etc and use threads that already have the same title

SO FROM ME A BIG THANKYOU FOR A PROMISING GAME AND HOPE IT GOES WELL

SO JUST POSITIVE POSTS ON THIS THREAD THANKYOU

Kravockian
28th Aug 2013, 19:39
To be fair I couldnt even make a character until today because of the server issues. /that being said it is a fun game however it is under what I had hoped for but is still enjoyable.

Hilzarie
28th Aug 2013, 22:15
I am really enjoying it so far, and I am hoping that in a week or so this forum will turn into a more positive place... Hopefully the server/code problems will be solved and those who do nothing but constantly post complaint/refund threads will have returned their games.
I am a little saddened that I haven't been able to just spend an entire day. I have to force myself to log out when I have to wake up in about five hours for work, and out of fairness (and a lot of very patient love) I don't play until my husband goes to sleep. Can't wait for football season to get into full swing so I can take my PS3 into the bedroom and spend all day Sundays in Eorzea!
I am really liking the FATE events, and the levequests seem like they will be a great resource for leveling different classes (I may be wrong, but it looks like once you complete them, you have the option to start them again, and each area has its own level range, so you don't have to worry about the scarcity of quests when you are on your third job choice.)
I'm really excited to start switching up classes. I have the option, but I want to get my main to level 30 before I start a new one. I haven't even started with crafting yet, it looks like there will be plenty to do for a long time to come.

ArkCansada
28th Aug 2013, 22:41
I am glad to hear it is so good. I shall not be demanding a refund or engaging in pointless vitriol.

Character creation was exquisite - I must have spent nearly an hour playing around with that. I had lots of fun - wish I could have snapshotted what I came up with. I have to say it's the best character creation I've seen outside of the Elder Scrolls titles. I was impressed that I was able to recreate a character I used to use for roleplaying on an old text MUD. Lots of details, and really beautiful texture work and modelling by their art teams. The menu for character creation was also really sleek and easy to use, which is not common when there are that many options to play with. Even some nice touches like telling you the height of your character in inches, or adjusting the length of your tail. Not the sort of thing you commonly see. That's enough to tell me that from a design and creation standpoint, the team did a top-notch job.

Now...if only I could play it to see if the game itself compares. I work a good 10-12 hour day, so by the time I get home, I guess there's no space on the server? Ah well. I won't be paying for a subscription, that's for sure.

Wade12
28th Aug 2013, 23:25
For your viewing pleasure... enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OZF0cvJhQgA

ThundagaFF
31st Aug 2013, 21:54
Bump

GoldX18
31st Aug 2013, 22:01
This would be better off on the lodestone forums OP, won't get much attention here.

Valentino
25th Oct 2013, 14:49
I was so excited for an upgrade to ffxiv 1.0. After having gotten every class/job to 50, completed every quest, and just faceplanting to the current unbeatable turn 5 in the coil(the current absolute virtue of ffxiv), the game is just a bit boring to me now. I really feel like everything just goes way too fast. From the battle system to the story/quests.

The let down of how much of a downgrade 2.0 is from 1.0 is always felt whenever i watch videos of the "old" game ... and i just need to get this off my chest after me and about 10 other free company members were all having the same feelings shared in voice chat last night. Not to mention the other players that have already left because of the changes made. :( ... so going to just try and put it out there so the company knows there are people that feel this way. It also seems to be growing.

Music
The music of 1.0 was superior. Hands down this is the opinion of the masses. The very few areas that have comparable or slightly better music, like in areas of the shroud, don't really have as much of an impact because of the new way the music is played off and on rather than continuously. It is not pleasant.

Voices
The voice acting of 1.0 was much better. People talked at a normal speaking pace and the voices were pleasant to hear. The voices in any language feel like they are being read specifically for small children at a very slow pace. The moogles should never have spoken in anything other than moogle speak ... everyone wants to punch the moogles now ; ;

Graphics...
I don't think i need to mention how much of a downgrade this was ... and we paid for this downgrade ; ;

Lighting
The lighting of 1.0 was better ... there are things like egis and fires that have a jarring unatural lighting that was just added on top of the game? ... not sure how else to describe it ... maybe the best way to think about it is the glow of the ifrit weapons versus the swirly mass of stuff around the relic+1 weapons ... the ifrit weapons look so much better, why can't the better lighting effects be used for new equipment that is added into the game rather than only on the older pieces and elements?

Story
The story was ok, but it didn't spark any feeling like the old story did. The lack of cinematic direction and most importantly pacing! is what probably did it. You go through the story way too fast, and a lot of things happen all at once before you can take in what just happened a moment ago. The story felt crammed together as well, where i think it should have been expanded and each part of the plot explored. No one is talking about the story in the game at all, which is pretty sad XD

Battle
The battle speed doesn't leave room for you to relax your fingers ... while this is one way to make the game difficult, it can make it unfun since you have to be doing this most of the time you play. This pretty much forces people into using voicechat, or just not talking at all ... which really sucks for an online community based game that has no official voice chat support ^^; ... The difficulty of 1.0 came in timing and proper management of your resources like mp and tp ... which you need to only do in 1 fight in this game so far ... turn 4 of the coil ... which after you get enough good gear, you don't even need to do it there ^^; .... In 1.0 it felt like everything required more thought and strategy, and not only that but you could also chat at the same time!!! The battle mechanics for every class feel so similar. The removal of the elemental system, the relative ease of everything, the extreme fast pace , etc. ... they make the game feel like a mindless grind a lot.

Battle effects
The flashes ... oh my the flashes ... everything is pretty much the same as in 1.0 ... but the fact that everything happens about 10 times faster means 10 times the amount of animations happening all the time ... way way overboard ... especially now that you can see every single person for some reason ... it just clogs the screen and puts way too much that you don't need to see in your face during fates etc. ... It was much better when character models were limited to those near you, and prioritized your party members.

Maps
Complained about a lot in 1.0, because of the copy paste mechanic. Rather have that back too. The areas were so massive and beautiful. Now the world feels so small ... soooooo small. Also all that detail you added. No one even looks at it because we move through this extremely small world, extremely too fast. Because of the graphical downgrade and the new jarring lighting the areas also feel lifeless in comparison. Sure there is more going on and more present, but it is all busy stuff that you don't notice because there is too much now and in such a small space D: The fact that we pretty much have to play zoomed out all the time now also kills noticing most of that detail which now feels like a waste. Sure you can zoom in and walk around, but not while you are playing the game the way it was meant to be played during battle etc. .... The world just felt so much more expansive and to hold so many more wonders when exploring.

Zones
no one likes them, shouldn't need them on PC's, playstation 3 should have been dropped and the release should have been for ps4 which was only a few months away from when it was released for ps3 ^^; ... the coerthas areas receives the most complaints ... this is probably because it was the best example of how 1.0>20 in many ways ... the music was of the best, the area design, and ishgard, the expansive area and the views in the distance. People noticed how amazing 1.0 was the most in that zone ... and notice how 2.0 lacks the most in that zone.

FATES
I don't think i need to mention this ... if you have played the game through and are leveling another class/job to 50 and don't have story quests to help pad the climb then you have felt this pain .... to quote someone "this is the worst leveling experience i have had in any mmo" ... There is 0 conversation about the game, well that is always because this game isn't as noteworthy, but it is felt more in fates ... either no one talks, or they talk about some other game, or something else they rather be thinking about/ doing .... but most of the time, almost all the time ... complete silence. You can say it is the community ... but i am a pretty friendly person and i don't even feel like focusing on the game during this crap.

Partying
aside from the bad fate parties are the dungeon parties that no one talks in, no one helps in ... gosh it is just bad. In 1.0 there was the wolf camp ... where people grinded as much as they do in Fates, but they could chat in between using skills ... and they had to pay attention to the game all the time rather than just looking back and forth from some other screen to see if a fate pops to defeat it in 2 seconds then go back to afk waiting. There were friendships made and people played the game more than afking xD ... ugh i know i'm not being very helpful or descriptive anymore, but there is just XD ... ugh XD

Thing 2.0 got right ... updating the market system, updating the crafting system, improving server lag (even though it is still present it is so much better), and the UI interface. why weren't these updated with the rest of the game left alone? Were these improvements worth it at the loss of what made the game so amazing and stand out from the others?

I am playing this game with a group of friends ... this makes it bearable ... though the convo usually ends up being about something other than the game or about how the game used to be better ... i lead a free company that has 3 groups farming coil and doing all the hard mode primals, and i'm noticing more and more how people are starting to fall out of interest so fast ... as a leader i'm constantly trying to get new people in and help them ... but it is such a burn out, because events happen so fast with teh duty finder i never get a break ... i miss the gathering times and traveling ... the chore of a leader is one i love, but every time i see a video of 1.0, i wish i were toiling away to build a group up in that game rather than this one ... the feeling is growing ... i'm hoping 2.1 helps, .... but with the core mechanics of the game probably staying the same i'm having a hard time seeing a future for me and many others in this game :(

Please bring back animations too ... i realise that it is because we have to play zoomed out and at a super extreme fast battle pace that these look horrible compared to 1.0, but damn ... do something xD you are killing me here XD

Time to go try and get people interested in doing content that takes 3 seconds to clear so that they just log off to play the damn new pokemon game again XD ... wish we luck XD

TheRealKraggy
28th Oct 2013, 12:15
I think V2 is hugely superior to V1 in most ways, but I don't feel inclined to rebut each point you make: and when someone claims to know the thought of the "masses" it usually means they have no facts to backup a personal assertion.

Suffice to say, V1 bombed, which probably is all that needs to be said.

Valentino
17th Nov 2013, 15:20
I think V2 is hugely superior to V1 in most ways, but I don't feel inclined to rebut each point you make: and when someone claims to know the thought of the "masses" it usually means they have no facts to backup a personal assertion.

Suffice to say, V1 bombed, which probably is all that needs to be said.

This post expressed the feelings i have toward the game, as well as a growing number of people that i play the game with. You can note my use of "I" and "me" in my writing. This indicates i'm expressing my thoughts and feelings, not those of others. I also didn't mention that i was speaking for anyone or that i know the 'thoughts of the masses". I can tell that you disagree with my opinion, but your response seems like more of a rude attack. You didn't care to talk about what i brought up, you just wanted to say no and put me down by making me seem like i was trying to be some know it all? ^^;

Version 1 had the problem of being released too soon. The problems that caused it to fail were the things that i said they fixed. It was everything else that caused it to stay around as long as it did and continue to build a great player base right up to the end (it kept growing! even if it was slower) were the things they changed that they shouldn't have.

I never really expected anyone to read these forums or my thread. This response comes across as "no you are wrong, you think you know it all because you claim to know what everyone thinks(though i said that nowhere) and version 1 bombed (even though i explained that they fixed what caused it to bomb, but screwed the things that didn't)"

Please read my post before responding?, and then respond to what i wrote ... and if you don't want to read what is posted, or post a response about what the thread is actually about ... why post at all?

TheRealKraggy
18th Nov 2013, 14:52
I read what you wrote, my comments stand, V2 is hugely superior to V1 in most ways .. you can infer from that I consider V2 superior to V1 ON RELEASE, simply because I chose to state my views without going on a long ramble like you isn't me saying "no you are wrong", I OPENED MY COMMENT WITH "I THINK".

I didn't feel the need to justify my views, however let me humour you and list some of the reasons I think V2 is hugely superior to V1 in most ways ON RELEASE and two months afterwards:

1) V1 having no questing system (beyond the meagre 'main story' that IIRC stopped at level 20 originally)
2) V1's asinine 'fatigue' system
3) V1's total lack of instanced content
4) V1's Battle Regimens were a relic of long gone days (FFXI's Skill Chains) and suffered the same fate
5) etc.

I played V1, from Phase 1 of the closed beta in July 2010 till the final day at Carteneau, then on to the last day of service on 31 December 2012, I have two Legacy accounts and my characters on Hyperion all have the tatoo and one has the Goobue: I say that in now to brag but to point out I have a LOT of experience of V1 and its release and evolution.

I KNOW what V1 was like, and while you rightly say SE 'fixed' much of it, fact is the game was already dead when they did that; had SE not been so concerned over the damaging PR that would have ensured FFXIV being scrapped after three months (like I suspect most 'Western' developers would have done) then V1 would never have survived to see it.

Even after the 'fixes' V1 was still a dog performance-wise, still lacked any credible end-game content, still lacked a usable PC-oriented UI etc.

V1 WAS better IMO when it came to the world, in that while it was cut-and-paste (as some people delighted in endlessly whining about it) I preferred being able to run from Vesper Bay to Gridania with only one 'zone' change. V1's world (and probably was) larger and I much preferred the V1 versions of Coerthas and Mor Dhona to V2's.

However, I've simply said what I said before, V2 is hugely superior to V1 in most ways.

Oh yes, my 'masses' comment: passing on alleged hearsay as evidence that this is a growing problem doesn't really lend credibility to an argument IMO. IN fact, if SE are to be believed a far higher percentage of players subscribed after the 30 day free trial than is usual for sub-based MMOs, so even if there are a few disgruntled hardcore (as I take you to be judging by some of the specific criticisms you make about V2) who are leaving or have left then far more 'casuals' seem happier with it than with V1 so I doubt SE are too concerned about the design changes they made.

Kaine291
31st Dec 2013, 23:00
Before reviewing this I would like everyone to know that it was recently leaked that the NSA is watching you through your camera on your smart phones. No I am not joking. So put a black piece of tape over the camera and the one on your XBOX one. We also found out last month that the NSA was looking for terrorists through World of Warcraft...so I guess evil has no boundaries. Now back to gaming....

I have a ton of MMO experience...but admit that I have not played Final Fantasy for many years.

I bought XIV last night and while juggling between it and several other games I purchased during the holidays...I still managed to level up to 8. So take the review for what you will.

Why did I even spend the time to type this out when I didn't even respond to some MMO Beta tests? Because you guys kept it simple and did not try to "revolutionize" the MMO market. There is a formula that works for a reason...few companies realize this...which is why most MMO's fail.

Pros:
-I was involved in the Elder Scrolls Online Beta. Without saying too much...I will tell you that I had waited with anticipation for a VERY long time for my Beta access. I had the access for an entire weekend and maybe played for about 3-4 hours the first day and never logged back in after that. I've been playing XIV for about double that amount of time and have yet to see me getting bored.
-I did not expect this. I watched several reviews before I bought the game as I always do and they were less than stellar reviews...but they still gave the game a decent rating. I know that some of those companies probably base those ratings off how much money you sponsor them with...so with decent ratings in mind I decided to give XIV a shot...and I am still in absolute shock at how polished the game is.
-The animation quality is far above most MMO's on the market. I wish more MMO companies focused on the animation quality and not how they are going to spend a ton of money on voice actors...
-When I started seeing long high-quality cinematics for "quest completions"...I couldn't believe my eyes. My first thought was "I can't believe they even spent the time and money to do this." I assure you that most MMO companies would NOT have taken that route just to save money. Those cinematics are not cheap. Some companies even dump most of their resources into cinematics just to hype a low budget game before it is released
-Automatic looting is a God send.
-I would say the UI is one of the best I've seen. MMO's have a tendency to make the UI way more complicated than it should be. It's so much better if you simplify the UI and make it easy to understand and navigate.
-Quest tracking is perfect. Some players might say that they would rather not ever have their hand held...but when you are aiming for a much larger audience it is important to include the level of attention you guys/girls paid to the quest tracking. Without that level of detail several players will simply get frustrated and quit if they cannot figure out where to go.
-You stuck to the Holy Trinity! Most players do not want to play as a mage who can tank or a rogue that can heal others. I do not understand why MMO's think the concept of everyone being able to fill every role is some revolutionary idea. What happens is that you end up with an unorganized zerg fest plowing through an instance with no strategy or feeling of accomplishment. We pick roles for a reason. I'm just glad to see that you guys understand that.
-No crosshair in 3rd person...Thank God....that is what TAB is for....
-Final Fantasy is known for boss fights. So I'm expecting a lot of end game content. Some MMO's make the mistake of not focusing on end game content...unfortunately what they fail to realize is that even the players who will never even see the hard core dungeons are motivated to play the game and gear up just because they know that they are there....and hope that one day they can take part in that experience. When you do not focus on end game content....you are slapping both the hardcore AND casual players in the face. Because once the hardcore players are gone (most of which are guild masters) due to lack of content...I assure you that your casual base will quickly follow.

Cons:
-No swimming. Come on guys it's 2014. WE DO NOT EVEN CARE IF THERE IS UNDERWATER COMBAT....we just want to be able to swim!
-Gold/Gil seller spam. We should be able to click on their name and then click a Gold/Gil spammer option. Once 3-4 of those complaints register there should be an auto ban/freeze take place. I realize some people like to harass others and have their guild report someone who is not Gold/Gil spamming...in which case after a falsely accused person has their account frozen/banned it should require A LOT more reports or further review before a ban/freeze. But for the mass majority of characters named FDASFWEFWFR they won't even debate the ban. The smartest thing any MMO can do is have their own players police the servers. We just need two options....Gold/Gil Seller and Bot. Allow us to click their name and select one of those two options. The entire process could be automated for the most part.
-The registration/download process. You guys have the WORST registration/download process I have ever experienced in my entire life. Not only do I have to register multiple times through a dealer but when I finally have the game loaded through their launcher I have to go through another extensive registration/token/launcher downloading process through you guys. And the process is not a quick process for the "average player"...its a very time consuming process. Not only that but the loading screen fails with "A Realm Reborn (Beta Version) [11006][20641][20643]" errors OVER and OVER. I spent a few hours trying to change several things on my computer and look up information just to download the game.....and what was the final solution? I found a post where the guy stated "just keep trying." And that's what worked...I just spammed that XIV download button 10 times....waiting 15 mins for it to fail each time. It's also not a "beta" error....you need to fix that. That is confusing a lot of people on other sites forums.
-Being unable to post on the XIV forums without having a character created is beyond frustrating. I could not post my launcher issues because I was unable to log into the game to create a character. Where is the logic in that?