PDA

View Full Version : support CORE DESIGN,support TOMB RAIDER

fantacyraider
4th Aug 2003, 02:23
TOMB RAIDER is TOMB RAIDER,it is not a movie of LARA CROFT,without CORE DESIGN,it will be no longer TOMB RAIDER,at lease,it is not the one called TOMB RAIDER.it's a game that have been brought me joy,it's much better than the movie

old_tr_fan
4th Aug 2003, 02:26
It is hard to take the original authors from the game development regardless of their mistakes.

saispas
4th Aug 2003, 03:37
Originally posted by fantacyraider
TOMB RAIDER is TOMB RAIDER,it is not a movie of LARA CROFT,without CORE DESIGN,it will be no longer TOMB RAIDER,at lease,it is not the one called TOMB RAIDER.it's a game that have been brought me joy,it's much better than the movie

I'm with you,Fantacyraider!Core are excellent designers!Although there are many problems in AOD, it's not Core Design's fault.Eidos should be responsible for it.They did not give Core enough time to finish the game! Now they attach the blame to Core!!
If the next TR game is delayed to the year 2005,it will take CD very much time and money to develop the new engine for PS3,and CD have no experience of developing the games like Tomb Raider.
What's more,without Lara Croft and Tomb Raider Core havn't a lot else to stand out in the crowd as far as developing games is concerned.They will no longer be in existence.Then, if CD fail, there will be no Tomb Raider any more!

If you agree with me,please join me at :
http://www.trfans.com/votforum/viewtopic.php?t=25

JohnRaider
4th Aug 2003, 03:57
Originally posted by saispas
CD have no experience of developing the games like Tomb Raider.

Than explain Gex 2 & 3, Soul Reaver 1 & 2, and Blood Omen 2. I say we give CD a chance before you all say CD can't make a tomb raider cause only core design can capture the true tomb raider spirit. How do you know that? CD hasn't even started developing the game! How can you judge that this is a bad move for tomb raider when we haven't seen any movies/screens/ or info on tomb raider 7. Lets wait for it to come out and then complain about it. It just makes more sense to do that. The deal is officially done. Sorry your just going to have to deal with the change. I think its a great move for tomb raider. I am just hoping the best for CD. And stop blamning everything on eidos! All of the core games have been buggy and glitchy. I am not trashing core, but they are not really good at making game engines. But I love core and they do make great games. Its just core promised us that AOD would be better and told us how great it would be. They said it would have a better and easier control system. But the game was a flop sense alot of people complained about it and many of the people that complained about it are now complaining about tomb raider's new developers. I actually enjoyed the AOD visuals,story, and controls. But I can also understand why it failed this time. So I just beg you to stop complaining! its driving me crazy! If you keep this up then I think we need another board called "tomb Raider complaing board" where you can complain about CD and AOD. :D

saispas
4th Aug 2003, 04:16
Originally posted by jack_Raider
I think we need another board called "tomb Raider complaing board" where you can complain about CD and AOD. :D

Woo!!What a GREAT idea!! :D I really need such a board:D

great_maya
4th Aug 2003, 05:34
core-design is the founder of TR£¬ we need them to continue, to complete the dream of lara~

nowalruses
4th Aug 2003, 06:31
Best case scenario:
1...Crystal dynamics gives us the kick-a$$ TR game we've been waiting for for so long.
2...Core uses this time to put out something really awesome to prove they've still got it.
3...Eidos realizes the error of their ways.
4...Core gets TR back and we've got them(and possibly CD) giving us quality TR games again. (side note: I personally think it would be kinda cool to have 2 different studios to work on the game...Think about it... we still get a game a year, but each developer has 2 years to work on each one...Hmmmmm...Bye bye bugs?)

Yukon23
4th Aug 2003, 07:48
I thought that no-one else could make Tomb Raider (TR) because CORE own the trademark and thus anything related to Tomb Raider is associated with CORE.

Therefore if Crystal Dynamics (CD) do make the next the TR then they're going to have to pay royalities to CORE due to the fact that they're using CORE's original idea.

Because didn't CORE originally goto EIDOS with the idea and not the other way round thus CORE have a right to say no for their idea getting passed onto CD?

Plus any use of the name TR will automatically get associated with CORE and thus if its a pants game won't CORE's reputation get tarnished due to CD?

[Please forgive me if any of the information is wrong because first of all I'm not a solicitor and secondly its 8:47 am GMT in the morning and I haven't had my daily cappucino yet]

GoranAgar
4th Aug 2003, 07:50
Eidos owns both: CD and CD. So they own Tomb Raider.

tomb_raiding
4th Aug 2003, 10:49
I agree that was the deal between CD and Eidos in 1996 ;)

PS We really need to find a way to diffrenciate both CDs :D

Genesis
4th Aug 2003, 12:08
I think that Christal Dynamics shouldn't be working on Tombraider without help from Core Design. why don't they work together, I'm sure It 'll work out^^
After all, I think Chrystal Dynamics would make the next game in turkey too fantasylike.. From what we have seen from them, it is al fantasy, not the real world and nothing compared to the classic tombraider. I think we should give them a chance, but if they mess up, I'm sure we will all agree to bring Core Back to existance..

Quickshot
4th Aug 2003, 12:19
I'M SO GLAD THAT CORE IS OUT OF BUSINESS NOW !
THEY SLOWLY KILLED TOMB RAIDER AFTER THE FIRST PART !
NOW THEY MUST KNOW HOW TOBY GUARD HAD FELT AFTER LEAVING HIS INVENTION "LARA CROFT" BEHIND TO START A NEW COMPANY (WWW.CONFOUNDING-FACTOR.COM) ON HIS OWN, BECAUSE ...!

I'M WAITING FOR GALLEON AND NOT FOR SOME LAME CLONE #7

BTW CRYSTAL DYNAMICS IS OF CAUSE A MUCH MUCH BETTER GAME COMPANY AS CORE !

saispas
4th Aug 2003, 12:56
Originally posted by Genesis
I think that Christal Dynamics shouldn't be working on Tombraider without help from Core Design. why don't they work together, I'm sure It 'll work out^^

I can't agree more!!

And Quickshot, excuse me,but may I ask where you are from? Malaysia ?

Quickshot
4th Aug 2003, 13:37
And Quickshot, excuse me,but may I ask where you are from? Malaysia ?

wHaT yOu'rE TalKiNg AbOuT ???:D

owen10
4th Aug 2003, 15:38
Originally posted by saispas
I'm with you,Fantacyraider!Core are excellent designers!Although there are many problems in AOD, it's not Core Design's fault.Eidos should be responsible for it.They did not give Core enough time to finish the game! Now they attach the blame to Core!!
This is rubbish. Eidos are running a business, not a charity. The game needed to be released on time and to a sufficient standard. This is what Core were paid to do.

There were multiple extensions on Tomb Raider's intended release date, largely due to multiple design alterations. Levels apparently had to be continually redesigned to accommodate alterations in the jump system. The finished product is a buggy and altogether unfinished piece of software, which belies its time in development. Many other companies have released substantially higher quality games in less time. Why Core couldn't is irrelevant, what is relevant is the fact that there are those out there who can.

The question that truly remains to be answered is "do Crystal Dynamics want to make a new Tomb Raider game?". If they don't and the finished product lacks the quality of earlier instalments as a result, we could witness the true end of Tomb Raider.

EddyBones
4th Aug 2003, 16:46
We should all be happy that anyone's even making a new TR game after Core was ditched.
Times change and so do companies. We all need to get used to it.

I do think that if Core had another chance at the new game they would definitely be able to make it better than before. TR1, ever so long ago, wasn't that great of a game considering what they were using to make it. The next games after that were much better in terms of contol, level design, and texturing. They just got better at using their technology. And I think that would be true for the next game, but they don't get the chance to find out. Oh, well...

we could witness the true end of Tomb Raider
We still have tons of people using the level editor. Even if there weren't any new TR games from big companies we would still get them from individual people. And that would be good enough for me. There are enough custom levels out there to keep me busy for a year, at the least.

SMG
4th Aug 2003, 17:12
Would it be possible for the next Tomb Raider games to be co-developed by the two teams?

EddyBones
4th Aug 2003, 17:19
Everyone would get horribly underpaid on both sides

fantacyraider
5th Aug 2003, 01:31
if you fall,that's a chance for you to walk,if you cried,follewed must be smile.i loved voodoo, and i love it,i like tr,because i believe it could be better,there is one emotion you can't tell but you can feel,if i have to wait 2 more years for CD to create a new tr,why not just give 1 year to CORE to crecct their tiny mistake,i can't wait ,i am just getting older

midroth
5th Aug 2003, 03:51
Hm, if I think about the whole problem my result -at the moment- is:
Really 'guilty' seems to be for me the shareholders...
Before 'declare' Eidos/CD 'the war' someone should ask Core before:
"Are you willing to make a further TR/Lara? If so, do you want our support?"