PDA

View Full Version : What the hell are you people talking about

mike215x
3rd Aug 2003, 19:11
Many game developers compromise quality for quick ps2-ported Pc games, but just from seeing the extensive vertex/pixel shader use in the screenshots provided by eidos (not the crappy Xbox ones) I think its safe to say, provided you have a good directx 9 video card (and that doesnt mean you have DX9, it means your video card can do what it was made for, which is any Radeon 9000/ Nvidia Fx card) I just bought a radeon 9800 and i can't wait for this game to come out because I think this game coming out might very well put an end to this game porting problem for a while because for the first time in a while there's a big difference between console and computer graphics, and Deus Ex 2 will probably be the first game out to really show off these new technologies. So shut up with all your "you better not screw this up" crap because from the looks of the first dues ex, these guys know what there doing. (I hope)

Random
4th Aug 2003, 10:40
I'm not sure if DX2 will have DX9 features. I know it requires a DX8-level video card, but I'm apart from that I dunno. In any case, I think the graphics look excellent and I doubt they'll disappoint when the game is released.

Random
4th Aug 2003, 10:53
Another point to remember is this: RPGs are not generally very pretty. I think we're very lucky that Ion is putting effort into making a good looking game as well as one with good gameplay. The only RPG I can think of that'll compare to DX2 graphics-wise is Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines and that isn't due out until well into next year.

mike215x
4th Aug 2003, 22:49
Unless they doctored up the screenshots for the Pc version on www.deusex.com, It sure looks like there using shaders, maybe not as extenively as halflife 2, but the graphics deffinetly look sweet.. I can't wait till this game is released, has anyone heard anything about a leaked test demo or something?

Trollslayer
5th Aug 2003, 00:38
Originally posted by mike215x
has anyone heard anything about a leaked test demo or something?

I personally haven't. And i hope nothing leaks out. If the majority of so called "fans" already diss the game without even having played it, imagine what an unfinished, test-only, 5%-representative of the game leaked out... it would be hell on earth. And we'd have to put up with it.

Then again i think IoSt are competent enough to not let that happen.

Picasso
5th Aug 2003, 01:03
It sure looks like there using shaders, maybe not as extenively as halflife 2

I'm not sure on the specifics, but:

- DX2's lighting is entirely dynamic, HL2's isn't (I believe)

- DX2's lighting does indeed use pizel and vertex shaders, in fact it requires them, which is why the game has such high system requirements.

Bio Denton
5th Aug 2003, 13:45
Try reading the announcements before posting, Mike.

Catman
5th Aug 2003, 14:02
What they said, Mike. We'll all have to wait until an official demo is released.