PDA

View Full Version : New Eidos logo?

Raven
1st Aug 2003, 22:56
Well I think it looks chunky, clumsy, generally crappy, and looks as though it should be on a pair of late 80's training shoes.
I liked the old one a lot better, and thought it was much more distinctive.
Anyone else? :D

maniac44
2nd Aug 2003, 01:26
I understand that the Eidos employees have been issued new uniforms and the phasers will be showing up shortly. :D

CatSuit&Ponytail
2nd Aug 2003, 11:43
Already have mine. :D

Deekman
2nd Aug 2003, 12:15
The lettering looks fine, but that chuncky half baked eye thingy looks
pretty second tier. It's got too many jagged edges for something that is supposed to look curvey and streamlined.
It also looks kinda retro. Retro is fine if that is your aim, but for a company
that wants to convey "forward looking, customer focused, market-smart publisher of entertainment software", retro is not the way to go.
Shoulda asked us for help...

Raven
2nd Aug 2003, 16:05
LOL, maniac44 :D
You're right about it looking retro, Deekman, the funny thing is that in a statement about their new logo, Eidos were babbling about it being forward looking and suchlike.....:rolleyes: They should have tested it for people's reactions first.
Hmm, I'll actually miss the old one :(

invader
3rd Aug 2003, 16:32
I don´t like it. To me, it looks like an arrow and because of that the letters are too small.

owen10
4th Aug 2003, 16:44
It's alright. Looks snazzy enough to me.

maniac44
4th Aug 2003, 19:04
Originally posted by invader
I don´t like it. To me, it looks like an arrow and because of that the letters are too small.

I agree with you there, invader. The "arrow head" is too big in relationship to the "eidos" word.

Veronica Ma
30th Aug 2003, 11:29
What did the old one look like?

eurisko
30th Aug 2003, 13:19
Oh that's it. I'm not going to touch another Eidos game now, the logo has ruined it. That's it, I'm leaving!

*cough*

Aaaanyway... even if I didn't like the logo, I can't think of what difference it would make to me.

Well, it forms an arrow, that arrow points to a perceived future... that's what their purpose was so it's good enough for me. Seriously I don't think about it that much.

Jaggies? I don't see any jaggies... it looks pretty smooth to me.

But I am just one voice in the crowd. I don't my opinion is going to matter much :)

Aquarius
30th Aug 2003, 18:35
Originally posted by DEEKMAN
The lettering looks fine, but that chuncky half baked eye thingy looks
pretty second tier. It's got too many jagged edges for something that is supposed to look curvey and streamlined.
It also looks kinda retro. Retro is fine if that is your aim, but for a company
that wants to convey "forward looking, customer focused, market-smart publisher of entertainment software", retro is not the way to go.
Shoulda asked us for help...

Maybe it's symbolic that instead of Eidos pushing towards the future it's only taking a step back....