PDA

View Full Version : I would like some answers

Razielim BRA
1st Aug 2003, 22:21
hi everyone
this is my second post here.. I´m trying to find out some answers. I don´t know if this had been discussed before, but here it goes:

1-Janos Audron said that the Reaver was forged only to Raziel, but what form of the Reaver?? Is it the Blood reaver or the Wraith blade?
´cause you all know that the WB is part of Raziel´s soul, it is not the Reaver itself, right?

2-What powers a balance guardian have? In my opinion I think that as a Balance guardian he would be able to restore 'things', and in this case why not the pillars?

3-I´m not sure about this, but so far I can see that Raziel is considered somehow one of the 'ancients', but Why?? In my point of view "The lake of the Dead" that destroyed Raziel purified him to become a pure vampire(he don´t even need blood anymore, right?)... I didn´t play Blood Omen series, i don´t know if the bloodreaver were touched by water before with Kain...but, what could happen if the Blood Reaver really were put in the water.. Would it be purified too???

and for now this is all my doubts.. I would like to see yours answers and comments.

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Aug 2003, 02:02
Originally posted by Razielim BRA
1-Janos Audron said that the Reaver was forged only to Raziel, but what form of the Reaver?? Is it the Blood reaver or the Wraith blade?
´cause you all know that the WB is part of Raziel´s soul, it is not the Reaver itself, right?

At this point in time, this really isn't clear. On one side, I tend to think the Blood Reaver (on account that it was never intended to be a soul devouring weapon, therefore there is a chance Janos isn't aware it becoming a wraith blade). On the other hand, I tend to believe Janos is flawed and could very well be aware of the potential in the wraith blade and is playing the role of a *puppet master*. We will have to wait and see in LOKD.

2-What powers a balance guardian have? In my opinion I think that as a Balance guardian he would be able to restore 'things', and in this case why not the pillars?

As far as Ariel was concerned, she was a sorceress during her life. Kain compensates for this by possessing the vampiric dark gifts. Their soul is the item that binds them to the Balance Pillar. They are essentially the hub of the other Guardians/power of the Pillars. Kain has the power to restore the Pillars, however he has not chosen to go that route at this point in the series. For him to do so, would involve him dying, as he is the final corrupted member. (Providing that the Pillars are able to be restored anyway. But alas, that's another speculation best saved for another time/thread).

3-I´m not sure about this, but so far I can see that Raziel is considered somehow one of the 'ancients', but Why?? In my point of view "The lake of the Dead" that destroyed Raziel purified him to become a pure vampire(he don´t even need blood anymore, right?)... I didn´t play Blood Omen series, i don´t know if the bloodreaver were touched by water before with Kain...but, what could happen if the Blood Reaver really were put in the water.. Would it be purified too???

This is another aspect that hasn't been revealed, and I don't particularily agree with myself. You need to consider the following things: There is a strong possibility that the original Winged Ancient race were not vampiric in nature prior to the blood curse. With this being the case, Raziel would not be purified into a *pure vampire*. Raziel is still vampiric in a sense, however he's a reaver of souls, not blood. Also, the blood reaver is merely a regular blade enhanced with the ability to consume the blood of its victims. There is no entity within it. There have been a few speculations floating around, concerning when the blood reaver became a blood reaver and the notion raised that this possibly didn't happen until after the Winged Ancients were cursed by the Hylden. (Which implies that it was nothing more than a blade at one time). Again, another speculation for another time/thread.